[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It just occurred to me that the AR-7 is the ideal volkssturm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 8

File: Henry_US_Survival.jpg (9KB, 750x256px) Image search: [Google]
Henry_US_Survival.jpg
9KB, 750x256px
It just occurred to me that the AR-7 is the ideal volkssturm weapon. It's cheap to manufacture, easy to service, and easy to shoot. Depending on the circumstance, it can either be easily cut down into a pistol (useful for resistance fighters) or used with a full stock.

Only issue is the caliber: 22lr. But a 9mm variant would fix this. It's not going to penetrate armor, but it's good enough for ambush/guerrilla tactics.
>>
>>31542313
Soooo.... basically a sten?
>>
>>31542338

Stens are slightly larger, and cannot be as easily cut down into pistols
>>
>>31542341
The hell they cant!

Ive built a few, they would be super easy to convert to pistols
>>
File: MagwellInstalledBottom.jpg (52KB, 800x679px) Image search: [Google]
MagwellInstalledBottom.jpg
52KB, 800x679px
>>31542361

Not as easily. You have a fuckhuge magazine well sticking out the side, which makes concealment much more difficult. Even with vertical mag designs, it's still a larger cross-section than an AR7.
>>
>>31542377
...so a sten with a cut down magazine?
>>
>>31542380

Can't cut the mag well or else the magazine won't stay in firmly due to how the Sten is designed. Stens are also double-stack, so their magazines are fatter too.
>>
>>31542377
Move the pistol grip and trigger forward. Slap on a wire stock. Basically turn it into a poor man's Uzi
>>
>>31542395

aka an AR7 (original version is a FA open bolt blowback)
>>
>>31542377
You realize making an AR 7 capable of firing 9mm will make it just about the same size as a sten right?

Ya know, blowback means bigger caliber = larger heavier bolt.

And bigger mags.

And larger barrel.....

So yeah. Basically just a sten.
>>
>>31542411

or you could just make it a semi-auto with an internal hammer
>>
File: Samopal_vz_25_TBiU_14.jpg (17KB, 800x409px) Image search: [Google]
Samopal_vz_25_TBiU_14.jpg
17KB, 800x409px
>>31542399
I mean turn it into a pistol config i.e. slip the pistol grip on the magwell like pic related.

Might be a bit longer than pic related without a telescopic bolt though.
>>
>>31542417
Then why bother?

If you are using pistol caliber in a carbine configuration you really dont gain much unless its full auto.
>>
File: downloadfile-1.jpg (100KB, 600x780px) Image search: [Google]
downloadfile-1.jpg
100KB, 600x780px
Not a new concept.

Just no longer popular since the gubmint got cucked and decided civvies shouldnt have guns.
>>
how do you actually go about making these without having access to a receiver kit or machine shop?

'volksstrum' weapons don't work
>>
>>31542491
I don´t remember the thing´s name, but French resistance made some very fancy guns of their own in the woods, with barely any tools. They even managed to standardize ammo diameters and such.
>>
File: image.jpg (37KB, 500x357px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37KB, 500x357px
Encom Mk pistols

Basically a sten in .45acp.
>>
>>31542463
God damn that's putrid looking
>>
>>31542313
But 9mm isnt a very good cartridge for terminal ballistics. Especially in cheap to produce to cast lead, coated, or FMJ rounds.

Something in .223 would actually be decent.
>>
File: rifle-public-domain.gif (18KB, 480x278px) Image search: [Google]
rifle-public-domain.gif
18KB, 480x278px
>>31542699
What you would be looking for then is the TRW designed and built Low Maintenance Rifle. It was built to be airdropped into Vietnam and used cast off M60 grip frames and bits and pieces of various weapons to make a side magazine .223 rifle that could be field tripped via the removal of a single pin. Just pull the buttstock off and piss down the damn gun.
>>
>>31542542
This thread seems to be converging on "make a non-shitty TEC-9". Which I'm fine with. Apparently the earlier guns were good and quality dropped after the NFA when the company got screwed and then changed hands
>>
>>31542805
>NFA
Oops, I mean 1968 GCA
>>
>>31542758
Its a squarepipe tube-gun?
>>
Its a crazy thought but im just going to go out on a limb. You know what might just work? Something in 5.56...and a 20 inch barrel but could be easily modified to have any length and any system on it. Something truly modular and cheap yet precision. Rails and the ability to put more rails and even adjustable or folding stocks. Yes what a dream gun. We'll call it the "AlreadyhavethisyouRetard"15
>>
File: AR15A4_700w.png (98KB, 700x204px) Image search: [Google]
AR15A4_700w.png
98KB, 700x204px
>>31543149
it'll look something like this too.
>>
File: hd_m4mod2.jpg (33KB, 997x332px) Image search: [Google]
hd_m4mod2.jpg
33KB, 997x332px
>>31543153
Whoooaaaa..... heres an idea

I mean work with me here..... what if we made it shorter, and added a collapsable stock, to it.

WHY ARENT WE FUNDING THIS?
>>
>>31542758
roller delayed blowback<cheap
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.