[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

PC Help

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 6

File: lbt-6094a_cb-1_medium_.jpg (69KB, 768x768px) Image search: [Google]
lbt-6094a_cb-1_medium_.jpg
69KB, 768x768px
Does anybody have any experience with London Bridge? They have a plate carrier on sale and I could use a means of carrying my spare mags ect in a shtf which is possible while I go to school here in Florida. Any thoughts on pic/link related?
http://lbtinc.com/6094c-cb
>>
LBT makes some of the best gear around... I love my 6094. It's a no brainer.
>>
>>31541009
Yeah this is like $200 off so I'm thinking it's a good deal.
>I love my 6094. It's a no brainer.
What do you like about it? I really know shit about plate carriers or body armor
>>
>>31540982
LBT is all around solid. I'd go Mayflower APC if you can stomach not having radio pouches/kangaroo flap and plan on using a chest rig with it. It's also a bit lighter.

Either way you can't go wrong and both will have very high resale.
>>
The color is useless for Florida but 6094s are pretty high on the list when it comes to good plate carriers. I live in Florida and my buddy's got one and has been using it for some time and it's stood up pretty well. By the way: if you don't have plates and you're just looking to carry mags, then don't bother. It'll just be a big, floppy nightmare.
>>
>>31540982
>>31541021

LBT is the industry standard of plate carriers that all other companies are either in competition with or seeking to make knock offs of. Standard issue for SOF and special law enforcement units.
>>
I own one and it's a reasonably comfortable PC that's quite durable, but I probably wouldn't buy it again, as it's an outdated design.
There's no system in place to keep plates held at the tops of their pouches, there's no quick release or buckles, there's not much padding and there's no airflow channel inside of the vest, additionally, swift clips don't mount to if very well if that's the setup you're going for.
>>
File: MayflowerUWGENIII.jpg (2MB, 1500x1478px)
MayflowerUWGENIII.jpg
2MB, 1500x1478px
>>31541044
>Mayflower
Was thinking about pic related. Seeing as it's humid here maybe I could just wear it under a rain jacket.

>>31541046
>The color is useless for Florida
> if you don't have plates and you're just looking to carry mags, then don't bother. It'll just be a big, floppy nightmare.
I guess waiting then and looking more at a chest rig or something more area friendly color wise at least.
>>31541060
Didn't realize they were that good other companies would just copy off of.
>>
>>31540982
>Does anybody have any experience with London Bridge?

London bridge is falling down, falling down.

That's what the kids were singing, my fair lady.
>>
>>31541095
I've found that waterproof shells are obnoxiously moist, even if made of goretex. Wear the PC under and get an anorak/oversized parka. Or spend the money on those gucci softshells.

>looking more at a chest rig
Bunch of good stuff out there and you can modify most to integrate into a PC.
>>
>>31541130
>Or spend the money on those gucci softshells.
Any recommendations?
>>
File: 52813fsa.jpg (152KB, 360x451px) Image search: [Google]
52813fsa.jpg
152KB, 360x451px
>>31540982
Alternatively, look into the AWS Operator's Choice Plate Carrier which is a stitch for stitch copy of the 6094 made by a tailor company near Fort Bragg. It can be had for ~$150 and the quality is still pretty damn good. Nothing wrong with supporting the original design, though.

If you just want something that carries mags, you should look into either a chest rig or battle belt. You shouldn't get a PC unless you're also planning on getting armor for it. And not that AR500 shit
>>
>>31541165
Arcteryx, Beyond, and ORC. As far as I know Fjallraven still uses waxed cotton and TAD still fucks up their sizing. Your gear will absorb water and weigh a ton either way. Or get a cheap goretex shell for $30 on TAG.

I have a pair of L5 PCU pants and they are great. Water resistant fabric that dries very quickly.
>>
>>31541175
Thanks for the suggest. Ah kinda what >>31541060 was talking about. I'm thinking I may just get a chest rig and keep it simple and low profile. Plus it's hot here a lot and wet/humid so I should've taken that into account. Espc with armor. Any idea who makes good battle belts or chest rigs? someone mentioned Mayflower.
>>31541197
>Arcteryx, Beyond, and ORC
Danke, anon. I'm looking at them now and goddam those are Gucci prices, you weren't lying.
>>
File: AcE-options-products-eng.jpg (121KB, 780x588px) Image search: [Google]
AcE-options-products-eng.jpg
121KB, 780x588px
>>31541165
Might want to take a look at UF-Pro's Delta series jackets. They're a Slovenian company who's starting to gain more interest. Their stuff is pretty high quality and well designed
>>
File: ifa.jpg (1MB, 1347x1455px) Image search: [Google]
ifa.jpg
1MB, 1347x1455px
>>31541044
mayflower
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.