[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Medeival weapons

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

File: Conan_02.jpg (31KB, 438x571px) Image search: [Google]
Conan_02.jpg
31KB, 438x571px
what are the best?
>>
Indoor plumbing, and three ply toilet paper.
>>
>>31540726
mace or any kind of blunt weapon
>>
>calves larger than quads
must have been a fatty
>>
Halberd
>>
>>31540726

The most effective weapon has always been the warrior and not what they have in their hands.
>>
>>31540726
Depends on what armor your enemy has, what you can afford, what materials you have to work with, and how long you have to travel to get to the place you're doing the killing.
>>
>>31540771
Only when against armour
Not everyone on the Battlefield is in plate
>>
this thread seems like the best place to ask this question.

Lately i've been wanting to waste a bunch of money on a full suit of plate armor just for fun.

anybody bother with that kinda of stuff?
>>
Best for what?
>>
the axe is perfect

>sharp edge

>you can choose between spike or a blunt pommel hammer like end

>can be one handed and two handed

its an easy answer,
if you use anything else you are either a nigger or a pussy faggot. with bitch wrists.

/thread.
>>
>>31540726
The plague, weaponized of course.
Biological warfare is older than you may think wether it be tainted blankets or catapulted carcasses.
>>
>>31541166
You want a plate harness for display or to use it? If you want to use it, look into HMB or Bohurt. Lots of fun, but very expensive and requires a lot of dedication. Most countries have national HMB teams, including Australia, Japan, New Zealand, USA, Canada, Israel and most of Europe.
>>
>>31540726
Poleaxe.
>>
Some sort of polearm with a sword strapped to your hip

It's simply the best choice, nothing else compares
>>
hand cannons or full sized
>>
>>31540726

Long Bow. Range is king.
>>
>>31541849
>Can't penetrate plate armor
Kek
>>
>>31540726
>Medeival weapons

there's your problem, mate.

The "Middle ages" span a 1000 year period, from 500 AD to 1500 AD (roughly).

So "medieval" weapons run the gamut from spears, axes, and early swords (think, vikings, saxons etc.), to late medieval weapons like poleaxes, maces, warhammers, longswords etc.

Just like there is no single "knight", there is no single "medieval" weapon classification.
>>
>>31541284
>/thread

You can't fucking thread your own post you autist. And you can't choose between wielding it one-handed or two-handed - depending on the length of the grip and the length and weight of the axe. you use it one way or the other.
>>
>>31540726
Good delicious Kebab/brown skin descendent here, I'm growing interest in crusader/medeival.

Should I get one? Which sword is most righteous and good?
>>
>>31541284

I bet you never trained real medieval fighting. Axe is crap for duels.

Very limited attack options. Horrible defense.
>>
>>31541887
>what are bodkin arrows
>>
>>31542453
bodkin arrows only makes difficult and painful to remove them, shit penetration
>what are crossbow bolts
>>
>>31542451
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Snj0vAOfaes

Maybe not a duel, but it illustrates well how effective a large two-handed axe can be in right hands.
>>
File: 13c149_5481380.jpg (233KB, 1426x882px) Image search: [Google]
13c149_5481380.jpg
233KB, 1426x882px
>>31540726
What else can throw 35kg projectiles nearly 300m?
>>
>>31542496

Shit i would love to do something like that.

Hell im a weak 28yo manlet with absolutely no fighting experience tho. Fuck my genetics.
>>
war hammers
>>
>>31542547
Size is a factor in HMB, but it is not so important as skill, stamina or raw strength. You can become a pretty decent fighter with around 165 cm of height (that's 5'5'' in derpy Murican measurements).

So dude, find your local HMB team, hit a gym, take up jogging, eat right, drop obscene amount of cash on a decent medieval gear and whack some tin-cans.
>>
Whats the deal with cold steel stuff? Why all the hate?
>>
>>31543561
you can't use any of that shit for HEMA/SCA

anyways polearms/longbows
>>
>>31543587
i meant in general, but that makes sense for what you said.
>>
>>31543600
if you can't use it for what its meant for its just a cheap prop buy a real weapon
>>
>>31543636
so its people buying their products just to look cool and not actually use it?
>>
it depends.

I'll choose any weapon from the 500s to 1500s for different situations.

For a guirrela situation like Hereward the wake or Robin hood, i'd say Longbow and a bastard sword. Ambush guys by shooting then rush in with a sword to finish the job.
In a siege or city battle where you're going through crowded streets then a polearm like a halberd is great, with a shield is good. Sidearm would be a sword or axe.
In a 1v1 duel then a spear, with a sword in reserve.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.