[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If someone just sort of word-of-mouth gave you a pre-ban NFA

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: M60.gif (120KB, 1200x281px) Image search: [Google]
M60.gif
120KB, 1200x281px
If someone just sort of word-of-mouth gave you a pre-ban NFA item and then fucked off, and it wasn't registered to begin with; would there be a way to legally keep it with the registry closed as it is?
>>
>>31539379
can't be arrested for something that doesn't exist
>>
>>31539397
You also can't take it to a firing range or brag about owning an NFA item.

But yes, as you have just said, this is purely hypothetical and not something that exists.
>>
>>31539379
ATF, stop baitposting when you are bored.
>>
>>31539379
No. It can not be registered now.

If this did happen. You would be in possession of a machine gun in violation of federal law.

Seeing as houw the DOJ and ATF have been craking down on unlawful possession of a machine gun lately. I would meet with my lawyer and together contact the atf to turn it in.
>>
>>31539379
Grandma, did you finally decide to open up Pop's old storage trunk in the attic?
>>
Hide your dog
>>
>>31539430
No, the best you could probably do is buy an NFA item that's the same make and model as this hypothetical one but in absolutely abhorrent condition and swapping out all the parts on the hypothetical gun with your legally purchased rifle, receiver obviously withstanding.
>>
There's no way to register it currently. Destroying it by losing it in a boating accident at sea is the best option.
>>
File: 4.jpg (54KB, 625x366px) Image search: [Google]
4.jpg
54KB, 625x366px
I have a question, let's say you take your NFA weapon out and shoot it as normal, etc. How often does someone ask to see your papers?
>>
To be more to the point, how long could you go around shooting an unregistered MG at ranges and stuff before you actually have to show papers? How long could you just get away with claiming that it's registered?

Assuming you avoided the obvious traps like those big club MG shoots, I'd bet there would be agents at those....
>>
>>31539454
>Seeing as houw the DOJ and ATF have been craking down on unlawful possession of a machine gun lately.
Really? Haven't heard anything of the sort.
>>
>>31539558
Honestly, if you forged a stamp, you'd probably get away with it indefinitely, cops don't call the ATF to confirm shit unless you're already arrested. They look at the stamp\ forms, their eyes glaze over slightly, and then they ask to shoot it.
>>
>>31539507
I wouldn't be willing to bet 10 years in the cooler on how nice the cop is feeling that day
>>
>>31539844
>10 years
I thought it was 30-to-life, and more often than not tended towards life.
>>
>>31539749
There have been 3 convictions in the last month.

Latest ones were the owner of hkparts ( i think he copped a deal for tax evasion and dealing qith out a license) and a married couple in Tennessee ( for a full auto sks)
>>
>>31539967
Shoelace sks, or actual?
>>
>>31539479
This is the only option
>>
>>31539379
After 1968, any machine gun that wasn't registered when it was created is illegal no matter what.
>>
>>31539558
I have never seen someone ask for papers and I go to a state range that allows full auto every Saturday and Sunday.

There is always a local SOT shooting his posties or people with their preban MAC 10's every weekend.

I have also seen one guy with a preban department of energy M16A1.
>>
>>31540025
It's only hypothetical.
If I really had anything that cool it would just stay locked up, and I wouldn't even bother to ask.

The reason that I'm wondering is because it occurs to me that a shitton of actual history is made illegal every time someone dies.
Every time some old guy who snuck an MG34 home from WWII, or who has the old BAR his granddad bought to defend the homestead, or whatever dies; those weapons must either be destroyed or hidden, becoming inaccesable to everyone.

How many FG42s do you think are bricked into walls and unable to be shot or even seen because the current owners can't legally posses them?
How long do you think there will still be automatic firearms out there that you can actually buy?
>>
>>31540117
The M16 would be illegal, though, because it was never offered for sale to civilians.
The DOE wasn't authorised to sell anything, so technically that's the same as having one that was stolen from an armory, isn't it.
>>
>>31540175
There are many transferable FA's that were DOE rifles.

From what I gathered they were hundreds of M14's and M16A1's that were registered directly to private security contracting companies that were legally bought from the US government before the ban. Those companies realized that the rifles held some serious resale value as transferable FA's on the private market and transferred them legally to the private collectors market.

They hold some serous value now since most prebans were either fabricated from partskits and the receiver was made or rewelded.

DOE guns are 100% original and legal.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.