[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what do you guys think of the walther ppk

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

File: walther ppk.jpg (400KB, 1000x744px) Image search: [Google]
walther ppk.jpg
400KB, 1000x744px
what do you guys think of the walther ppk
>>
Never shot or held one, but I just don't like the way they look, desu.
>>
>>31539367
Good luck finding a legitimate german made one and not a shitty S&W one.
>>
>>31539367
Well if its good enough for 007 its good enough for me. In all seriousness tho, look at just how many companies and countries have copied this pistol, its cause its a realy great design. I would carry a PPK or any of its copies as a daily cc with no 2nd thoughts.
>>
>>31539367
Would love to have something in a similar layout that was 9mm. I don't fuck with .380 or .32
>>
Honestly I'd rather have a Makarov. I like the slightly more powerful cartridge and the aesthetics.
>>
>>31539367
excellent gun for shooting Jews.
>>
>>31539425
what's not to love with the familiar shape of the grip. It feels like I'm holding something that I've held 2 to 5 times a night since I turned 13.
>>
>>31539425
Makarov is one of the many direct copies of the Walter PP, but the 9mm mak is a bit more powerful than a .380 making this a good option. The problem comes in finding good defensive ammo. On a few occasions ive been able to score a box of Hornady Critical Defense.
>>
>>31539431
excellent for checking out of life too
>>
>>31539422
Sig 938 is a nice alternative if you like sao. Unfortunately, DA/SA options are a bit larger in 9mm. I'd love a DA/SA 9mm the size of a P938. Right now I carry an HK P2000SK.
>>
>>31539465
This is old ass FUD knowledge. I'd take a modern .380 loading from any major manufacturer rather than trying to find someplace that has 9x18 Mak.

Remember, .380 ACP is made to be pretty close to .38 special ballistics. You'd be hard pressed, I think, to find a modern-designed bullet, like the new HST or Corbon bullets loaded in 9x18.
>>
>>31539367
If you get a chance to actually fire one, they're fantastic guns. They're significantly heavier than they look, but that's part of the appeal to them, for me. They also are very aesthetic, in my opinion.

However, watch out for slide bite. It sounds like a meme, but your first times shooting one, the slide WILL bite the webbing between your thumb and forefinger at some point. It just adds to the blood sacrifice for the blood god, though. Great guns. Once I've bought a house this fall, they're next on my to-buy list.
>>
I love the look of them, and I wish to acquire one in the future

But I have a lot of other things on the list before hand, like my first gun
>>
>>31539593
http://sgammo.com/product/silver-bear/50-round-box-9x18-hollow-point-silver-bear-9mm-makarov

https://www.cheaperthandirt.com/product/ammo-9x18-makarov-p-buffalo-bore-95-grain-jacketed-hollow-point-bullet-1125-fps-20-round-box-34a-20-651815034010.do

30 seconds on Ammoseek.
>>
>>31539624
Also, what this anon said:
>>31539438
is spot on. It feels like what you're brain is trained to expect a gun to feel like, for whatever reason.
>>
>>31539593
This

The 9mm Mak is approaching meme tier in terms of viability. It's difficult to find, expensive, and practically no one is working on making any improvement on the round. The .380 on the other hand has been experiencing a renewed interest and has plenty of manufacturers developing new and more effective rounds.
>>
>>31539367
Double action semi-autos are mankind's worst invention.
>>
>>31539367
Own one, shot it, and carried it.

It's a bit old school for a carry gun, but it's comfy to carry. Shoots well. The load choices are good as well for self/home defense.
>>
File: image.jpg (48KB, 629x472px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
48KB, 629x472px
>>31539402
>my dad had one front he last year of West German production
>tfw he sold it
>>
File: image.jpg (17KB, 309x326px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
17KB, 309x326px
>>31539822
go back to >>31539690
>>
Is the diference in size significant between pp and ppk/s? I want a ppk, but the ones I can find here are in .32 acp. I want something in .380
>>
>>31539431
>>31539527
Hitler did both in one go.
>>
Bond. James Bond.
>>
File: walther.png (307KB, 375x1252px) Image search: [Google]
walther.png
307KB, 375x1252px
>tfw german
>>
>>31539367
First handgun i shot. Love it still but no hope of inheriting it. Feels bad man
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.