[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Surplus backpacks

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

File: 1250a.jpg (179KB, 511x850px) Image search: [Google]
1250a.jpg
179KB, 511x850px
Is the folding sleeping mat a meme? Will I end up with a pack without sufficient structure/support as well as a useless, uncomfortable sleeping pad?

Sorry if this belongs on /out/ (or in a gearqueer thread), it just seems more likely that someone here has experience with these or the other packs I'm about to post.

I won't be thru hiking the AT, or hiking far in general. I'll be hiding my truck off the highway in the desert, then hiking a couple more miles to a remote enough spot to shoot and camp freely. I'll probably also use this for traveling (air, road trips, whatever). I'm a poorfag and weight is not a big consideration.

Looking for a cheap pack that will fit tent, sleeping pad, sleeping bag, canteens, food/mess kit for 1-3 nights with the ability to attach knives, e tool, possibly a rifle, pouches, and other accessories.
>>
>>31537717
>Is the folding sleeping mat a meme? Will I end up with a pack without sufficient structure/support as well as a useless, uncomfortable sleeping pad?

Yes, yes, and yes.
>>
File: Screenshot_20161002-165841.png (1MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20161002-165841.png
1MB, 1440x2560px
Here are the other packs I'm looking at. I'm thinking about getting 2 of these, for some versatility and also so I can make my poorfag friend help me carry gear if he accompanies me. I also just like collecting stuff like this, especially when it's this cheap.

I like how those giant side pouches on the radio pack are able to be removed and turned into a shitty daypack. Would the bundeswehr pack really be worth 10 dollars more (20 with sleeping pad)?

That British patrol pack seems like a far better choice than the gebirgsjager ruck, but both are cheap and would be neat to have.

Which two would you pick? Or if you'd choose 1 or 2 different packs, what would they be?
>>
Milsurp blows get this
https://www.varusteleka.com/en/product/berghaus-centurio-30-rucksack/34476
>>
>>31537717
I like the thermarest may. Keeps me off the coldness of the ground, semi comfy, lightweight
>>
>>31537724
Have you had one of these?

How bad is it really? Is it ok enough for occasional/casual camping? Or will I end up carrying around 2 sleeping mats (the bundeswehr one for support and a second, more legitimate sleeping mat) while I shop around to replace the bag?

When I was younger, I decided to take my brother's army duffel bag on a trip instead of a suitcase because I'm autistic. It was long, canvas, had just one huge compartment, completely soft/zero support, 2 shitty back straps, 1 drawstring opening. I'm looking to avoid another experience like that while simultaneously getting to own and use a neat (and affordable) piece of milsurp.
>>
>>31537717
you don't need the mat.
I think the mat is the best part of the pack.
It's not super comfortable, but it keeps you warm at night. The form factor is also very nice.
>>
>>31537717

Your pic is p. good and if you want to roll your sleeping mat it's got nice straps up top. Accessories might be hard to do, but it is made to carry a rifle or other long tube-y thing on the back with those two very small loops.
>>
>>31537717
An ISO mat? I always thought they were nice to have. Maybe that's cold weather training speaking.
>>
File: 1427255974753.jpg (88KB, 652x844px) Image search: [Google]
1427255974753.jpg
88KB, 652x844px
yes, folding sleeping cushions are a meme.
I'm a side sleeper, and It's murder for me sleep on foam pads.

Personally for things like packs and boots and socks
I would go with gucci hiking brands.

>>31537866
get yourself a Karrimor Bowman Radio patrol pack. and an ALICE large pack with frame
Squaddies/UKSF I've worked with liked them and the ALICE is bombproof.
>>
File: IMAG0645.jpg (2MB, 1520x2688px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0645.jpg
2MB, 1520x2688px
That pack is great, love the strap system and the amount of shit it can hold. Sleeping pads are needed to insulate you from the ground, they don't cost much so buy one.
Will answer all questions
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.