[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you think of the 8mm Spanish Mausers ?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: Spanish 7,92 Mauser Model 1943.jpg (27KB, 1042x192px) Image search: [Google]
Spanish 7,92 Mauser Model 1943.jpg
27KB, 1042x192px
What do you think of the 8mm Spanish Mausers ?
>>
>>31533744
stop falling for the milsurp meme unless it's a k31 and get something modern like a ruger american or one of those lovely CZ rifles
>>
>>31533744
Feel sorry for the neighbors!
>>
>>31533744
Too big for anything less than a bear, maybe a huge buck
>>
>>31533790
>moose and elk dont exist
>>
>>31533744
I like mine. It's an identical copy of the k98. The only difference is the extended cover of the top hand guard.
>>
>>31533790
8mm is comparable to 30-06

>>31533763
What meme? If you like old stuff just buy it, there is no meme behind it.
>>
>>31533797
I never said moose and elk weren't equivalents

Elk are actually somewhat small, bear and moose are around the same size
>>
>>31533763
>people don't appreciate historical signifigance or the aesthetics of wood and steel
Fuck off
>>
>>31533815
anything less then a big buck and 30-06 is overkill and you run the chance blasting the deer too much
>>
>>31533823
Elk weigh like 800lbs dude they are bigger than most all bears except coasties or polar.
>>
>>31533902
>you're thinking of moose?

Holy shit, I was thinking of fucking reindeer instead of elk

FML

>brown bears can grow pretty damn big nearing 700lbs
>an old black bear can weight past 500lbs
>>
OP here. Im just interested because I know the Springfield 1903 is based on the Spanish Mauser.
>>
>>31533866
I guess it depends on where you live, farther north the deer are bigger in general. Lighter loads do exist, so those would work fine.
>>
>>31533983
Correct. I live in PA. 30-06 is the biggest round most guys will use. If you place an accurate shot you can get away with one of the 'big game loads' like the big roudns for 300 win mag or the 8mm but the guys who use that round have told me stories of blasting the deer apart internally if they don't get it right through the chest
>>
>>31533744
They're good for shootin' Mausers. Not much history to most of them, since they didn't come into service until after the Spanish Civil War. Saw some use in Spain's colonial conflicts in Africa tho.

>>31533975
>I know the Springfield 1903 is based on the Spanish Mauser.
The Springfield 1903 is a combination of features from the earlier Spanish M1893 Mauser in 7x57mm, and the Springfield Krag-Jorgensen Model 1898.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.