[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Airgun general #2

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 8

Underlever edition.

Discuss various airguns and airgun accessories.

Also remember, if you have a break barrel you have to use the artillery hold to be accurate.

Inb4 airshit
>>
File: erickudu.jpg (37KB, 448x336px) Image search: [Google]
erickudu.jpg
37KB, 448x336px
>>31533548
airguns r real shit my nigga.
>>
>>31533548
>Also remember, if you have a break barrel you have to use the artillery hold to be accurate.
m8 my ruger air magnum does 3.5" 5 shots at 100 yards i think thats pretty accurate for a pellet gun
>>
>>31533651
never mind, i just actually bothered to google what "artillery hold" is, I've been doing that without knowing it
>>
>>31533651

>100 yards

How long does the pellet take to reach the target at that distance
>>
>>31533729
around 1 -3 seconds depending on the gun. You can actually see the round flying by when using my gammo.
>>
>>31533729
when i shoot plates the ring comes about a full second after the shot.
>>
File: IMG_20161002_135511514.jpg (3MB, 5344x3006px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161002_135511514.jpg
3MB, 5344x3006px
>>31533548
I'm glad we're finally getting an airgun general right before hiroshimoot takes down /k/ lel.

I got two used/surplus Daisy 853s from the CMP the other day, and for some reason one has a much shorter stock than the other, and the front sight on it is crushed and bend enough I can't adjust the rear sights enough to get it on target. The other one is a fucking laser though. I'm going to email them tonight and see if they'll replace the front sight or sell me a replacement.

I'm sure this thread will get some hate from retards, but the reality is if you can't always get to the range or have property to shoot on, airguns are a great way to plink. I do a little bit of 10yd shooting in my apartment every night when I get back from work. It's great.
>>
File: 7262430-26946671-thumbnail.jpg (65KB, 560x300px) Image search: [Google]
7262430-26946671-thumbnail.jpg
65KB, 560x300px
>>31533849

>I'm sure this thread will get some hate from retards, but the reality is if you can't always get to the range or have property to shoot on, airguns are a great way to plink. I do a little bit of 10yd shooting in my apartment every night when I get back from work. It's great.

This. Ill shoot my various c02 blowback pistols in the garage.
>>
>>31534012
Do you have a pellet trap or something to shoot into?

I need something quiet to shoot at so I don't piss off my neighbors. Right now I have some steel shelves with a bunch of old sheets hanging behind them to catch any strays but they make a pretty loud thwack when they hit it. I've seen that putty stuff but I would need tons of it.
>>
>>31534055

I shoot into a cardboard box with folded cardboard boxes nested in each other Russian doll style.
>>
File: IMG_20161002_155135127.jpg (987KB, 2592x1456px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161002_155135127.jpg
987KB, 2592x1456px
That bottom rifle looks almost exactly like my Remington Airmaster, except I have some kind of godawful bubba'd finish on the barrel.
What I'm wondering, though, is whether you've ever gotten enough power out of these things to shoot rats? I have a bit of a rat problem.
>>
>>31534345

If it's a pump: yes at close range with the right pellets.
>>
>>31534186
I've done that before but I tear up the boxes faster than I buy things that come in them. The sheets work well enough I'll probably just stick with them for a while.

>>31534345
Assuming you're replying to my post, that does look identical to mine. Mine is a Crosman Legacy 1000, but in all likelihood they were both made in the same factory and just had different brands stamped on them.

If you pump it up all the way it should be more than sufficient for vermin if you're within 30/40 yards. I've only ever shot targets with mine but if I pump it 10 times it takes a hell of a lot of backstop to stop the pellet. The target guns on the other hand shoot a lot slower and I wouldn't use for hunting, but they were never meant for it either.
>>
>>31534402
I should add though, for hunting/rat extermination be sure to use pellets, not bbs. They're heavier and much more accurate.
>>
>>31534402

>tear up boxes
I shoot bbs and it works fine. For pellets, like when I'm shooting my 2240 in .22, or my gamo p85 in .177 pellets ill set up a larger box with 2-3 reams of printer paper inside with 2 bricks behind.
>>
File: IMG_20161002_160557457.jpg (936KB, 1456x2592px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161002_160557457.jpg
936KB, 1456x2592px
>>31534376
What kind of pellets do you recommend?

>>31534402
>>31534420
Currently I'm using pointed hunting pellets through pic related (Ruger Airhawk) which is advertised at 495fps but weighs a ton. Hoping to find something light that's up to the task, so now I can try the pumper with some peace of mind.
>>
>>31534499
Your Airmaster should be fine. It'll have way less muzzle energy than a .22 but for close up on small animals it doesn't matter so much. Shot placement is important with air rifles, and .22s for that matter.
>>
>>31534499
>What kind of pellets do you recommend?
anything domed if you want to impart the most energy over the widest area-i prefer crosman 10.5 grain ultra magnum work well.
>>
For the love of fucking god stop buying break barrel and pump air rifles.

The only two kinds you should get are under lever and canister.

I know a lot of people don't want to spend around 180 dollars on an air rifle, but something like the Browning Leverage will last you a lifetime.

It's the air rifle I used to use all the time while removing prairie dogs from farms and pigeons from barns and warehouses. I've used it a dozen times for coon hunting and a few times for coyote hunting all with great success.

I switched to a PCP air rifles 4 years ago and have slowly stopped using the under lever air rifles.

With the PCP ones I own I'm hitting shots are rifle distances and precise enough to hit them right in the neck or the temple.

I became extremely interested in air rifles a long time ago because they aren't classified as a 'firearm' and people are more willing to hire you to clear vermient from property when you aren't shooting an actual rifle or a shotgun.

All this doesn't mean I'm grabbing an air rifle if a stranger danger comes into my house when I'm trying to sleep. Mr. Chose-The-Wrong-House is getting mag dumped with an actual firearm.
>>
File: maximus.png (164KB, 620x413px) Image search: [Google]
maximus.png
164KB, 620x413px
>>31534758

would you recommend a benjamin maximus as good first pcp?
>>
>>31534975
The one I shot had a scope mounted on the dove tails and you could see the iron sights peaking through it. Other than that it's a great little rig same with most anything made by Benjamin.
>>
just buy a .22 you insufferable niggers
>>
>>31534758
>Browning Leverage
Does it have an integral silencer? I want something Dad can shoot magpies with without bothering the neighbors.
>>
>>31535691
>>
>>31535731

oops see my pic. its a leverage and it has a supressor but the action will be louder than the report.
>>
>>31535653
>I'm a dumb faggot: the post
>>
I have an RWS Diana 460 mag. Very nicely made. Accurate and punchy.
>>
Would the Gamo Silent Cat be a good first air rifle? I live in a suburb so I'm worried about it making that .22 crack sound, does anyone recommend a good sub sonic pellet to use? If I get the silent cat of course
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2029px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2029px
just got a new scope for my Crosman (Vantage Nitro Piston)

I can get my dinner from my backyard
>>
Good airguns are expensive as shit
>>
>>31538557
>>31537482
this costs about $100
>>
>>31537351
The silent cat is expensive for what you're getting. I would personally stay away from Gamo. They attempted to corner the market and their price to quality ratio shows because of it.

Most any spring shot air rifle is quite. So long as you're being safe with it in your back yard there is nothing the police can do about it because it isn't a firearm.

Don't worry at all about the sound. 99% of them sound nothing like a .22LR.
>>
>>31533849
Shot one of those in high school before stepping up to an Anschutz 2002. They're great for what they are. I'm pretty sure I have a front weight/sight floating around somewhere. I'll look for it in the morning and I'll respond on here if I do. Is there a good way to exchange contact info on here? You wanna just post your email and I'll let you know if I find it?
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.