[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bullpup thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 8

File: famas3.jpg (31KB, 585x334px) Image search: [Google]
famas3.jpg
31KB, 585x334px
Is there anything inherently wrong with the bullpup design? Nofuns here, as a military weapon, it seems that the bullpup design as failing, with the FAMAS and the SA80 both being replaced. Is it the fault of those designs individually or is there a general flaw in the bullpup design? The only successful one i can think of is the AUG.
>>
The trigger. I bought an Aug and loved it, but in comparison to a sbr'd ar, it just didn't hold up. I ended up selling it because I'm in commiefornia and I made 800$ profit off selling the gun due to the upcoming salt waffile laws.
>>
>>31533290
>Inherently wrong
No. Individual designs have their own unique limitations, but every firearm has a compromise of some sort in the design. The only thing "wrong" with bullpups is their relative lack of modularity and aftermarket, especially when compared to the AR. But when making such a comparison, we would do well to remember that the AR we know today wasn't a thing 15 years ago. You had little in the way of aftermarket options and prices were about 3x what they are now for decent ARs (1200ish for something not garbage).
>>
File: famas11.jpg (699KB, 1024x681px) Image search: [Google]
famas11.jpg
699KB, 1024x681px
>>31533318
Whats wrong with the trigger? Im asking more along the lines of bullpups as service rifles, few armies seem interested in the bullpup design.
>>
File: L85A3 with UGL.jpg (84KB, 750x500px) Image search: [Google]
L85A3 with UGL.jpg
84KB, 750x500px
>>31533290

>with the FAMAS and the SA80 both being replaced.

SA80 system isn't up for replacement for almost another decade. What will replace it is a complete unknown. So no, it's not fair to say that it's "bullpups being replaced".

Hell, they're still modifying them into A3.
>>
>>31533449
I could have sworn i read somewhere that the SA80 is getting the boot, anyway isn't the SA shite?
>>
>>31533603

No and no.
>>
>>31533449
>Hell, they're still modifying them into A3
Wrong.
Its marking the difference between upgraded A1s and Newly fabricated receivers.
A2 is obviously upgraded a1.
A3 Is new fabrication from HK

Its a New RAS thats not even liked by the people testing it.

>>31533603
Even more wrong.

See chart. Rifles get a full service every 10,000 rounds, meaning they may never malfunction.

they're also accurate out to 600m. 800 with the LSW
>>
>>31533669
>>31533691

Well, thanks for clearing that up. So they are accurate and reliable?
>>
>>31533802
Very. Only heard of a malfunction. Never seen one in 8 years service.
>>
File: FS2000 Trigger.webm (2MB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
FS2000 Trigger.webm
2MB, 960x540px
BULLPUP BEST PUP
>>
File: A3.jpg (543KB, 1782x852px) Image search: [Google]
A3.jpg
543KB, 1782x852px
>>31533691
>A3 Is new fabrication from HK

I thought the A3 bodies were still refurbs (from LSWs judging by the holes where the heatshield can be bolted on)

And the main difference was that they strengthened the area where the breach-block is welded to the outer metalwork (the additional C-shaped welds in front of the ejection port)

Pic related is clearly not an entirely new body, but is stamped A3
>>
File: l98a1.gif (71KB, 625x265px) Image search: [Google]
l98a1.gif
71KB, 625x265px
>>31534123
That looks to be an L98. In which case they're stamped a3 because they're A3 TMH but A2 reciever.

Its because they needed an entirely new gas system from being an A1.

L98 indicator are the mall cicular rings from where the old single shot straight pull mechanism used to be.
>>
>>31534177
Cadet GPs were drilled in a different spot m8

LSW has those circular holes for bolting the bipod outrigger to the body

The A3 pic I posted before has L85A2 marked on the TMH anyway, rather than L98A1/2. So is select fire whatever it is.
>>
File: 98vs86.jpg (581KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
98vs86.jpg
581KB, 1024x768px
>>31534290
Forgot my pic after spending 9000 hrs in MS Paint
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.