[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which country has the best trained military?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 6

File: 1473541167115.png (34KB, 732x606px) Image search: [Google]
1473541167115.png
34KB, 732x606px
Which country has the best trained military?
>>
Britain or China
>>
>>31533189
>China
They didn't even have an opfor until 2014.
>>
>>31533141
Britain 100%
>>
>>31533141
israel
>>
>>31533324
>conscript army
>professional
>>
>>31533331
not any worse than your average enlisted idiot in the west tbf
>>
>>31533189
>China
lol
You probably believe Nork propaganda too you fag.

The answer is the USA. It's no contest, but everybody can start being butthurt now.
>>
>>31533294
how hard would it be to join the british army as a canadian?
>>
>>31533345
Here's my 2 cents;

>all this time
>kike army still struggles with sandnigger retarded militias such as hamas
if IDF was replaced by a competent army same at it's size, the militias would have been eradicated by now
Say, germany for example, or even britain.

but hey, let's delve even deeper, Let's compare this kike-hamas conflict, let's compare it to about a shithole from the middle of nowhere, called tunisia, in north africa.

They had an army that's almost 30k soldiers in size, Significantly less than israel, Yet they still mannaged to defeat libyan ISIS which used BOTH conventional and guerrilla attacks, and was stronger than Hamas/hezbollah.
*Basically, a third world small army with cold war era managed to defeat a conventional force that is libyan ISIS, Meanwhile Israel with all US equipment,money and advisorship, still struggling with Hamas/hezbollah which were less powerful that L-isis
>>
>>31533408
>how hard would it be to join the british army as a canadian?
You need to have lived there at least 5 years if you are not a British or ROI citizen.
>>
>>31533382
Roger that. We throw money at scientific development training like a fire hose. It is literally impossible to have better training than a United States Military person.
>>
In all seriousness, probably one of the Europoor countries that pays enough money to get soldiers who aren't retarded, and has a small enough military to go for quality over quantity.
>>
>>31533540
In terms of the individual infantryman probably. But the US has much better combined arms.
>>
>>31533483
maybe they don't want to end it, and its not like USA-nato/Russia haven't struggled in the middle east
>>
>>31533141
Academi.

t. enlightened individual
>>
>>31533654
>maybe they don't want to end it,
bullshit
The guerrillas threaten to assassinate kike leaders everyday, mass stabbings inside their countries, tons of IEDs being planted that threaten both pali and israeli civvies, etc etc
they'd want to end it ASAP

>and its not like USA-nato/Russia haven't struggled in the middle east
Yeah because the afghani insurgents i.e taliban were alot, alot, alot more competent than this chucklefuck we call hamas/hezbollah

Same thing for AQ and even the regular saddam army.

Hell, even some shiite militias like muqtada AlSadr's army could be labelled more dangerous than hamas/hezbollah even though they are less equipped/trained
>>
>>31533663
academi is shit

Intelligence international are 90% spooks or SF
>>
British soldiers are individually much more rugged than US soldiers.

Its basic quantity vs quality.

Here's some facts.
US military doctrine when attacking an entrenched position. Us forces must maintain a 3:1 numerical advantage.

UK military: No doctrine, has successfully attacked and defeated forces 5 times its numerically superior.

British Infantry training : 196 Days
US Marine infantry training :138 Days
* British soldiers are selected prior to training and post training
* British soldiers are also to conduct PT before Actually attending training.

British army infantry run time 1.5 miles in 12.5m
US marine Infantry run time 3 miles in 30 mins

The problem is brits are likely to ignore their own wounded just to attack an objective. And leave its own men behind for the greater good and survival of the rest of the unit.

US Ethos is no man behind.
>>
>>31534040
You are a bit wrong there frendo

UK Infantry 1.5 mile run time should be under 10:30

The UK adopts the same no man left behind attitude unless it is beyond possibility
>>
>>31534040
>British army infantry run time 1.5 miles in 12.5m
Anyone running less than 10:30 gets stuck on the bifter list, you do NOT want to be on that list.
>>
File: Esjgfhn.jpg (701KB, 1537x1917px) Image search: [Google]
Esjgfhn.jpg
701KB, 1537x1917px
>>31533141
>>
>>31533408
Check out their website, they've got special conditions for commonwealth citizens
>>
>>31534040
>The problem is brits are likely to ignore their own wounded just to attack an objective.

The very first battlefield casualty drill you're taught in the British Army is to win the firefight. You can't give effective first aid while under effective enemy fire.

>And leave its own men behind for the greater good and survival of the rest of the unit.

Absolutely false, that's possibly the most jack cunt thing you could ever do, no squaddie would leave a lad behind "for the greater good".

The greatest good is getting everyone home alive, your opinion might have been influenced by those tales of heroics you hear about bayonet charges and nutters running at machine gun posts on their own and winning, but we don't leave men behind, ever, no matter how much pen pushing captains think its more cost effective.
>>
>>31533141
The US. Anyone saying Brits is just a vocal bong patriot.
>>
>>31534040
>>31534156
Infantry is 12:45
Para reservist is 10:30

Not really when you do CLM and JNCO and to a greater extent SNCO courses they drill it into you if you decide not to leave someone behind that you have to be prepared for everyone in the section or platoon to get buried alongside yourself.

>>31534261
See above
Happened in Iraq mate, paras ditched some MPs.
I fucking would. No sense in getting fucked one by one by a sniper or getting over run with pricks with shit strapped to their chest.
>>
>>31534261
>The very first battlefield casualty drill you're taught in the British Army is to win the firefight. You can't give effective first aid while under effective enemy fire.

And they all die from blood loss or air loss. Congrats on letting people die from treatable causes.
>>
>>31534040
>And leave its own men behind for the greater good and survival of the rest of the unit.

Yeah and then your mum gets a big fat bill stuck in her face by the CQMS for all those expensive bergen liners you just lost.
>>
>>31534328
all CQMS are fucking thieves anyway.
>>
>>31534304
>paras ditched some MPs.

Jack pricks, the lot of them.

>I fucking would.

And so are you, I'd never want someone like you in my section, the values and standards don't drop because rounds are landing by your feet. Selfless commitment.
>>
>>31534040
>implying the doctrine of 3:1 is a bad thing
>not acknowledging that is minimizes casualties within the attacking force and preserved the long term viability of the attacking unit(s) as a fighting force

You see, high level doctrine is not a critique of low level competence of fighting capacity, it simply reflects the differing priorities of different command ideologies.

Americans want to preserve the viability of the unit for as long as possible and accordingly attack the enemy with overwhelming force.

Brits want to advance along the whole front whenever possible to keep their lines intact instead of exploiting breakthroughs, routing enemy units, and other favorable logistical accidents.
>>
Because of differences in military equipment, mission sets, SOPs, and bureaucratic obstacles we can't commission an objective study on low level military competence across the forces of a single nation let along an alliance like NATO let alone the entire world this thread amounts to nothing more than dickriding and shots in the dark.

The best case scenario would be a competition of individual fighting competencies between all combat arms personnel of all the world's armies including physical fitness, cross-training comprehension tests, individual level "wargaming", equipment proficiency tests, marksmanship, individual resilience to physical and psychological stressors, etc.

Even a test like that with a very large randomly selected sample size would be flawed, though as it would favor smaller armies with more elite units and more training hours per capita and would be biaased against a force which emphases a combined arms approach to combat like the US. Does a tanker or an attack helicopter pilot or the commander of an airborne artillery battery need to be able to hit a silhouette at 600m with open sights and a standard issue service rifle? No, but any assessment, to be valid would have to test all subjects identically, thus determining failure based on jobs the soldiers would never have to perform in combat, thus creating a situation in which the only valid test yields invalid results.

All we can do to assess overall fighting competence of a force is to look at results and even in that endeavor it's almost impossible to make apples to apples comparisons.
>>
>>31534309
So you run out in the open and grab the guy loosing two guys.
Four guys grab the first guy run off and all 5 get done by an RPG.

>>31534378
Not being funny son, but do have a section? Because shit changes after you get to full screw and wanker level and up.

Don't get me wrong i won't give them shit to do that i wouldn't do myself if i were them. But if you get wasted doing something someone else can do, and your guys get wasted too because you're not there to lead them...

recently we got a fair few transference and fresh out of P2 and i don't want to know them and you know why? I cant send them to the guys i've known for nearly a decade to their certain deaths.

Once you understand this you will understand why NCOs are cnuts.

Trust me i've had the rounds at my feet a fair few times and have the scars from it, mentally and physically. I saw fucking endless ANA and ANP get fucking wasted so don't you tell me that shit changes when the tracers glow.

>>31534427
What he's getting at is you get greater force mobility with fewer guys required at a point.

Like hamburger hill. How many guys did that tie up who could have been used elsewhere?

Everything else you just said is nonsense, its up to command.
>>
>>31534522
>not acknowledging that the US military acknowledges extreme circumstances can call for soldiers to ignore doctrine

wew
>>
>>31534589
no understanke in ref to wht?
>>
>>31534628
In reference to your third response.

>>31534589 is me

Hamburger hill was a situation in which 3:1 or 5:1 or whatever ratio you want would not have been useful because a frontal assault was just not the right way to tackle that problem.

The doctrine tells us that usually a 3:1 ratio will be enough to take a fortified position but that does not necessarily imply that it will be equally as effective as other approaches like artillery bombardment, unconventional warfare, or use of even RBCN weapons depending on the situation and what tools and constraints the attacking force has to deal with.
>>
>>31533701
They can end it, problem is you have politicians leading wars instead of generals.
>>
>>31534725

Are you insane? Assault on a fortified position calls for 12:1 ratio.
>>
>>31534763
Not to mention now we just have 12:1 bomb to target ratio and then sweep.
>>
>>31534763
>whichever ratio you choose

It's heavily dependent on what one considers fortified.

A sandbagged foxhole isn't the same as a bunker at Normandy.
>>
>>31534725
Ah ok, it was insane just how many guys they were throwing at a hill with so few guys on top.
>>
>>31534199
whats the bifter list??
>>
File: Caw Caw motherfucking crow.jpg (31KB, 615x409px) Image search: [Google]
Caw Caw motherfucking crow.jpg
31KB, 615x409px
>>31534853
BAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT
I'll bite.

Somebody who's crap. either in general or at something. In this case they can't even get a goot time. so they're biff.

CAW. CAW. CAW.
>>
>>31533189
China's army is shite. 40-60% of their "training" is reading communist party material. The rest is basic PT and learning how to put down civilian revolts.

As for the bongs, they have a few very well trained units, but as a whole are relatively poorly trained
>>
>>31534853

It means you are unfit and a burden to others, you will get extra PT by sadistic bastard PTI's.
>>
>>31534954
Name the bad units...
>>
>>31535101
Literally all of them except the SAS
>>
>>31535286
You are full of shit hence why you cannot name specific units.
>>
>>31535286
Hahaha this>>31535340

the RAf regiment. The most fucking toilet unit in the forces wiped the floor with the 75th Americas pride of place infantry.
>>
>>31533483
Israel could steamroll Gaza in about 24 hours if they didn't mind the political shitstorm that will follow.
>>
File: admiral spire.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
admiral spire.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>31535507
>>31535340

not the guy you were talking to, but you guys are fucking wrong. If we're talking apples to apples, tier 1, direct action units delta runs the table on any other unit in the world for the simple reason that they fucking see the most action of any unit in the world.

US SF have constant operations all around the world. They are constantly moving and working and doing things. Keeps them sharp. What are the British doing? maybe a few missions in iraq or syria WHILE teamed up with US forces.

Please. Compared to US SF everyone else is a bunch of armchair operators
>>
>>31536751
>delta runs the table on any other unit in the world for the simple reason that they fucking see the most action of any unit in the world.
First of all Deta no longer exists they go by a different name, second do you have SF experience to judge others?
>>
>>31536751
Delta isn't our only tier 1 unit either. DEVGRU, STS and SOG(not officially tier 1, but let's be real, they're as if not more spoopy than the other units)
>>
>>31536823
Delta is just a nickname, the official name(1st-SFOD-Delta) just isn't nearly as catchy
>>
File: 1469332883407.jpg (26KB, 500x378px) Image search: [Google]
1469332883407.jpg
26KB, 500x378px
>>31533345
Literally the dumbest post I have read all week. I shit you not.
>>
>>31533382
>this is what burgers actually believe
>>
what the best place to go in the british military?
>>
>>31537103
>what the best place to go in the british military?
For what? Making Money? Learning a trade? Excitement? A long and safe career with a solid pension?
>>
>>31537238
Excitement
>>
>>31537263
Royal Marines, Paras or any other Infantry unit then apply for SF. I would recommend EOD but I knew a captain that lost 3 limbs doing that, exciting until things go bad. If you have a good education try to become a pilot in any branch.
>>
All these people saying yanks

They don't even korridor bakåt
>>
>>31537014
What do your commie overlords tell you to think?
>>
>>31533141
Loaded question so canned answer. US Military.
>>
>>31533141
British Commonwealth, for one reason,
>Gurkhas
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.