[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>If you thrust the arm holding the handgun forward, then the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: maxresdefault.jpg (117KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
117KB, 1280x720px
>If you thrust the arm holding the handgun forward, then the bullet with move forward with more force, doing more damage.

Is this true?
>>
>>31529824
If we're talking video game logic it would add %0.0000000000001 extra damage at the cost of making the firearm %70 less accurate and inducing a %20 chance of jamming.
>>
>nice b8

but ill play along, its been a few years since ive taken university physics 1 and 2 so i may be wrong... Technically yes the force will be additive, but the extra 'force' from thrusting will be negligible because the force from the gunshot is much larger. So no extra damage. plus you thrusting your arm will probably fuck your accuracy up big time.
>>
Getting shot in the back while running away also lowers the damage you take
>>
>>31529866
So would jumping back at the right time negate some of the damage from being shot?
>>
>>31529875
On some characters their jump animation has an i-frame so yeah
>>
>>31529866
It also dazes you and forces you to dismount.
>>
>>31529824

Technically yes, this is true.

However, the difference would be so pathetically small it would not be worth it by any stretch of the imagination.

Think about me punching you in the face, and then punching you in the face while wearing a wristwatch. Yes, more mass moving the same speed = More momentum and energy. You won't notice the fucking difference though.
>>
>>31529824
>>If you thrust the arm holding the handgun forward, then the bullet with move forward with more force, doing more damage.
this is literally and unarguably true.
>>
along with everyone else in this troll thread, I hate, hate, hate admitting that this is true.
>>
File: cat sudden.gif (2MB, 380x365px) Image search: [Google]
cat sudden.gif
2MB, 380x365px
>>31529824
Marmalade is awesome.
>>
He does it in the new Hitman: Agent 47 movie, which brings it to the point of 'So bad, its good' territory
>>
>>31529824
After thinking about it I don't think it would, the initial release of force on the bullet is isolated and unaffected by the motion of its container, e.g. The gun.

If physics worked that way we could hypothetically have a bullet firing a bullet which fires a bullet etc. Increasing speed linearly each time. This involves relativity sort of, which I'm not well versed in at all but based on intuition I doubt it.

It's similar to how if you were on one of those buses with a balcony and threw a baseball while the bus was moving forward, it wouldn't matter what the bus was doing, its velocity doesn't affect the ball, only you which acted upon it has an affect.
>>
>>31531261
>If physics worked that way we could hypothetically have a bullet firing a bullet which fires a bullet etc
Until terminal velocity
>>
>>31531261
Uh. Yes it does. It adds up. You are thinking of if the bus is already at light speed. Which is a whole nother ball game.
>>
>>31531261
>bullet firing a bullet which fires a bullet etc.
Bullets, not so much. Rockets, on the other hand have been multistage for decades.

I used to joke that if you run forward while shooting, your bullets would hit harder. They will, just in a negligible way.
>.223@3000 fps
>run forward
>.223@3010 fps
>>
>>31531274 terminal velocity
That phrase doesn't mean what you think it means.
>>
>>31531261
You thought yourself stupid.
>>
>>31530837
thicc meate
>>
>>31530480
Kek
>>
>>31529824
The forward velocity of the gun will be added to the forward velocity of the bullet.

If you've got a really good punch you might add 50fps.
>>
>>31531401
You're talking to a man who hasn't even come close to mastering the run-punch.
>>
>>31531325
Ba-dum tsssssh
>>
File: 1325960579873.gif (2MB, 214x193px) Image search: [Google]
1325960579873.gif
2MB, 214x193px
>>31529824
Depending on how you do it.

If you're moving your arm with the gun fixed in place, the bullet's not going to inherit any velocity because the gun's not moving and you resemble a fallen over man from QWOP.

If you do it properly, your bullet will be negligibly quicker.
>>
>>31529824
>revolver_ocelot_limpwristing_his_makarov.gif
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.