[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Legal guns and weed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 6

File: 4chan6.jpg (78KB, 1024x640px) Image search: [Google]
4chan6.jpg
78KB, 1024x640px
In the states that allow people to 420 blaze it legally, does a citizen doing so affect their gun rights negatively? Also how would this affect conceal carry for legal pot heads? Does the law look at this like drinking a beer on the weekend, or are they trying to use this as a way to take legal guns from people smoking legal weed?
>>
>>31529822
Federally pot is still illegal and is schedule 1. If you smoke and buy a gun from a gun store it means lying on a 4473. If you private buy, you're still breaking federal law by smoking and I'm sure they can toss some extra charges in relating to the weapons.

Don't get lulled into thinking pot is legal. The Feds could snap their fingers and start a crackdown with Fed agents any time they wanted.
>>
>>31529822
Technically, yes. Right now it's a legal gray area considering all the state versus federal issues. Right now the DEA absolutely does not want to decriminalize marijuana under any circumstances because it would severely fuck up their racketeering.

Honestly you're better off just not smoking pot, at any point in time all this "oh it's ~totally~ legal :)))))))" shit could turn around as soon as Obama leaves office. Plus being inebriated at all affects your ability to use a gun effectively (and probably safely) so if you can keep a clean head then do it.
>>
>>31529822
Legally, you are absolutely committing a weapons related felony if you fill out a 4473 as a marijuana user and claim not to be an illegal drug user. The ATF has come out and publicly said that anyone who uses marijuana in any quantity for any reason regardless of state legality /cannot/ own a firearm.

Realistically, I've never heard of anyone being caught or prosecuted unless they were doing something retarded with a gun while high, so make of it what you will.
>>
>>31529845
>The Feds could snap their fingers and start a crackdown with Fed agents any time they wanted.

Nothing about weed in the constitution. State national guards could fire upon anyone attempting to abduct their citizens
>>
>>31529921
I'd be down to fight a miniture civil war over that
>>
>>31529845
On the form 4473 question 11e states "Are you an unlawful user of, or addicted to, marijuana or any depressant, stimulant, narcotic drug, or any other controlled substance?" If it is legal in your state than how are you an unlawful user of it? What about states sovereignty? I have been wrong once or twice before in my life, but this seams like its not lying on the 4473.
>>
>>31529900
The ATF sucks!
>>
>>31529951
True, but we already knew that
>>
>>31529952
I am not even in a state that has legal weed, but if I was I would like to smoke a legal joint or hit the bong with my buds.
>>
>>31529939
It's a Federal form, and as well weed is still Schedule 1 meaning that if Federal law enforcement were so inclined they could start arresting people who are "legally" smoking pot.

Now for sure it would be a good and big shitshow, but if push came to shove, you'd be relying on the judgment of the Federal legal system.

>>31529929
>>31529921
If you want to self-masterbate about that go ahead, but the idea of USNG firing on Federal law enforcement is pretty far fetched.

Now, I'm sure this is going to devolve into a "Fuck the ATF/DEA" thread with plenty of hyberbolic internet toughguyisms, but I was just chiming in with the grounded interpretation, that yes, you'd be breaking the law in the eyes of Federal law enforcement and you'd have to be working uphill for quite a long time to stay out of jail if you got charged.
>>
>>31529992
So close to quads.

From what I remember from my form, the exact wording was "Illegal user of the substance", not sure if it specifically cited the federal law.

If the only term is "Illegal user", you're not lying.
>>
>>31529822
in CA where medical marijuana is legal, you commit a felony when buying a gun through any means, including PPT, or even just building one since it's a federal crime and if caught by the feds you are instant felony conviction walking. however CA police don't really enforce it or even criminalize if you possess under 1oz. they will confiscate it though - happened at a range where a guy shooting smelled like weed, he was pulled, his gun confiscated, and his home searched and the rest of his guns confiscated - but he wasn't prosecuted for anything that i know of. he's just a prohibited person now. CA doesn't require dealers to ask for a medical marijuana card, but if the dealer knows, they are obligated to deny the sale.

http://www.sfgate.com/nation/article/Court-upholds-gun-ban-for-people-who-use-medical-9196134.php
>>
>>31530001
It's "unlawful user"
>>
>>31530019
Dang this sounds like a huge can of worms.
>>
>>31529822
as with anything in life, don't do shit that will get you arrested and make sure there is no paper trail and you'll be fine
>>
>>31530001
You are correct, and regardless of the ATF opinion letter on the matter, existing legal precedent supports your view. You are not an illegal user of a drug if by definition you are legally using the drug, and before someone spergs out over "Schedule 1" plenty of schedule 1 drugs have legal prescription forms available, even though Schedule 1 is supposed ot be for drugs that have no medicinal purpose.
>>
>>31529992
>pretty far fetched
So is the feds doing something like this because they know the result would be people pressing the issue of authority and could easily result in the image they have built up of 'federal law' being supreme getting knocked down.
>>
>>31529939
ATF sent out letters to all dealers that verbatim told them that any transfers to state-authorized marijuana (or other schedule 1 drugs) is a felony.
>>
>>31530046
So no one that has taken Prescription opiates in a post surgical context is allowed to own guns now. Yeah, nah, they can issue opinions all they want, it doesn't make it the law.
>>
>>31530041
more or less. how i've seen it implemented is as a federal felony added on to other charges to nail someone brutally. 922(r) is the same deal - nobody even bothers with it unless you're a manufacturer and you are about to have your head kicked in. guy who assembled an "illegal" parts kit without enough US made parts? FBI dude didn't give a fuck: "Madsens are cool."
>>
>>31530057
That is a good point, I am pretty sure a lot of ccw permit holders have had an operation at some point.
>>
>>31530057
it doesn't make it the law, you're right. it may as well be since no dealer is going to put their FFL at risk over it.
>>
>>31530057
>>31530046
>>31530068
if that was the September 2011 letter, I have that on file. here's a link to it: http://www.nssf.org/share/PDF/ATFOpenLetter092111.pdf

it's specific to medical marijuana and says to ignore any local/state legal status - feds say it's verboten.

there was a similar letter about morphine and others in the 90's and back in the 80's it was cocaine derivatives.
>>
>>31529939
Also 'what if' you purchased a firearm, filled out your paperwork, THEN started smoking pot? Would that still be lying on your 4473? You weren't technicaly a 'user' when you filled it out but you unfortunately were peer pressured into injecting some marijuanas and became hopelessly addicted to the reefer afterwords. They can't prove you didn't start smoking until after, right? Also that whole 'unlawful' wording may have some pull in the right state with a good lawyer. Though any judge/LEO are just gonna see DRUGS + GUN = CRIMINAL SCUM.

I mean, I wouldn't get high and carry and go about the town.. But that would suck if you were medicating (back problems, ptsd, cancer, you name it) and some one tries to break into your house, you shoot them, go to court, get sent to prison because you defended your life while 'under the influence'. I mean what if you are prescribed strong opioid pain meds and you have to shoot some one? I would argue depending on the person one could easily be in more 'control' of their mind on pot than synthetic heroin

Besides, gone shooting before in the sticks, buddies farm, took a couple drags together and sighted in our deer rifles, I would say if anything we were more careful, relaxed and steady. Nothing was unsafe about it
>>
>>31530057
Prescription opiates are not scheldule 1 drugs.

Schedule 1 means it has no recognized medical benefit, and is completely illegal. Even researchers need special permission from the government.

Also if you illegally abuse prescription medications you are noguns as well.
>>
>>31530132
By that same logic you can say that prescription marijuana isn't a schedule 1 drug though.

So your logic is flawed out of the gate.
>>
>>31530145
Marijuana is still schedule one on the Federal level.
>>
>>31530132
That's funny though because there are lots of prescirption opiates that are waaay stronger than heroin. Marijuana being a schedule 1 is soooo fucking stupid
>>
>>31530173
So is heroin, and heroin is not chemically differentiable from prescription morpheme.
>>
>>31530105
Agree one of the most relaxing things to do is get a good stick burning and pop off some rounds.

i always feel paranoid about others though got a buddy who goes full slow as fuck mode i don't even invite him along anymore.
>>
>>31530180
Kinda like how marinol or however you spell it is legal, but the plant isn't. We can take the plant, send it to the lab, do a bunch of fucked up shit to it, take most of the benifits away, turn it into a pill and that's all legal and fine to give to cancer patients/people with the hiv or aids.. but the plant in it's pure(better) form is a dangerous narcotic
>>
>>31529822

drugs + gun = federal felony
>>
>>31530180
I'm not here to claim that the law isn't stupid, but I'm not the one that needs to be convinced. When it comes to debating the legality of something, the cops and the courts I think have a more persuasive say.
>>
>>31530229
Only because they aren't taxed and the gov't isn't getting their 'cut'
>>
File: 138.jpg (43KB, 183x479px) Image search: [Google]
138.jpg
43KB, 183x479px
>>31529822
>letting junkies own guns
GEE I CAN'T SEE ANYWAY THAT COULD GO WRONG
>>
>>31529822

Keep your mouth shut and don't be retars. Ta da, now you can enjoy guns and weed.
>>
>>31530237
I hear ya. I just want to be able to medicate my back problems(from spine surgery years back) and still enjoy my rights without having to pick one or be a criminal. I hate taking prescription opioid pain med. They fucking suck and are waaay more addictive than marijuana. I have experienced way more cons than pros on them. Weed makes you feel better without all the negative side effects and god forbid puts you in a pleasant mood to boot
>>
>>31530255
>marijuana
>junkies
Pick one
>>
>>31530280
What about people that inject 20 marijuanas?
>>
>>31530304
No one can do that many marijuanas. My cousins boyfriends dad died after injecting just 6 marijuanas
>>
>>31530255

Uhh..are you by any chance retarded?

Shit when they legalized weed in my state, my city alone probably open up a couple thousand jobs from it.

Growers.
Trimmers.
Security.
Dispensary.
Etc.

Now less bums, more employed ppl...shit ton of taxes they pay (last year they paid 70 million in taxes) that go to fixing our streets, employing more cops and paramedics. Helping pay off our nations debt. A lot less ppl on welfare too.

Only ppl who think weed is a bad thing, are retards who probably don't get out of their parents house, don't see the good that comes from it.

I know a lot of doctors, nurses, ppl with government jobs who smoke. Guess I should consider them junkies now.

What ever, I can already tell you're a dumb ass, time to set you on ignore.
>>
>>31530312
They need to ban high capacity marijuanas, no one needs more than 10 marijuanas. Also we should control how people inject the marijuanas, make sure the needles do not have pistol grips, bayonet lugs or collapsible stocks.
>>
>>31530347
Probably one of those retards who thinks there is nothing wrong with alcohol because it is legal, but marijuana is terrible because it's a dangerous illegal substance! Either that or some faggot /pol/ crossover who is about to spout some bullshit about 'muh degeneracy'
>>
File: 31914460.jpg (113KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
31914460.jpg
113KB, 400x400px
>>31530366
And shoulder things that go up!
>>
>>31530238

because laws enacted to target violent drug dealers will catch you in that wide net
>>
>>31530581
Most weed dealers are hardly at all violent people though. Unless they're black, but no one should buy from black people unless they're black too.. shitty weed, always short you, always on their CPT, always sketchy, fuck buying bud from nigs
>>
>>31529822

I have a freind who died of pot, he injected 4 marijuanas and he overdosed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8S5g8aFLfk

NOT EVEN ONCE.
>>
File: 1435806760727.jpg (319KB, 960x638px) Image search: [Google]
1435806760727.jpg
319KB, 960x638px
>>31529900
this. they came out and said med card holders cannot buy guns. so technically its illegal.

but still this is such a grey area at the moment.
>>
File: 9vw5j.gif (877KB, 300x159px) Image search: [Google]
9vw5j.gif
877KB, 300x159px
>>31529822
>>
>>31529845
He still says "pot".

The year 2oone6 of our k3k.

>Obvious square and likely a cop tbqh.

I have a feel you are entirely spiritually uncultured and a total fucking lameo.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-08-26-13-31-30.png (245KB, 480x854px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-08-26-13-31-30.png
245KB, 480x854px
>You guys know juicing raw cannabis leaves is known to cure cancer, right?

Same with vegtable juice but cannabis is most effective.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bbqP3wedtwc

The 1% is waging a war on personal freedom and the police and politicians are the whip crackers.

2016 and the food is more likely to give you disease than the illeagle plants....
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.