[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone have an experience with these - pic related

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

File: Deresonator.jpg (22KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Deresonator.jpg
22KB, 300x300px
Is it bullshit, or something that actually can tighten up your groups?

>https://www.limbsaver.com/product/limbsaver-barrel-de-resonator/

It looks like some kind of plumbing part.

I'm not shilling it, I'm extremely dubious.

What say, /k/?
>>
>>31527050
Nice buttplug.
>>
>>31527050
Is that a buttplug?
>>
>>31527070
>Nice buttplug.

I was thinking more toilet plunger

BassPro sells them.
>>
It's only 12 bucks, there's only one way to find out
>>
File: Plunger.jpg (15KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Plunger.jpg
15KB, 500x500px
Turd hammer?
>>
>>31527050
They work okay.
Takes a bit of experimentation to find the best posistion and it will vary by load.
>>
>>31527162
>They work okay.
>Takes a bit of experimentation to find the best posistion and it will vary by load.

>>31527738
>So it is a buttplug

Someone, and I'm looking at >>31527738, spent waaaaay to much time in /b/

Sometime, it's about actual firearm accessories. Not your fascination with feminine benis and rectal accessories.
>>
>>31527806
DESU, that was the first thing I thought of too - and I'm a total gun guy.
>>
>>31527828
>DESU, that was the first thing I thought of too - and I'm a total gun guy.

That's kind of ambiguous.

Did you think it was a butt-plug?
If so, doo you ever question why that's the first thing that came to mind?

To me, it looks like some kind of gimmick "100 MPG carburetor" / "as seen on TV" magic bullcrap.
>>
>>31527806
autism

str8 autism
>>
>>31527050
i-is that a foreskin protector?
>>
>>31527050
i use one on my 700 BDL. it adds a dampening position on the barrel (if you have a long barrel) that after you fire, the barrel will vibrate at a specific frequency. assuming the barrel is free floated and your pressure point at the front removed (say you glass bedded it or have an action block or whatever) this will keep your barrel free floated as well as reduce barrel whip which can throw off repeat shots. it has little to no effect on short barrels, or on thick mountain or bull barrels. use them on the thinner or long barrelled actions.
>>
>>31528112
i should mention that this really only affects factory ammunition that isn't tuned to your barrel - if you are using well developed hand loads then this will have nearly no effect.
>>
>>31527050
FART SILENCER
>>
File: beamnodes.jpg (49KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
beamnodes.jpg
49KB, 720x540px
>>31527050

Pic related.

The principle works, it goes with laws of physics. There are plenty of evidence on damping down SDOF oscillations of vibrating beams with mass dampers.

Mind you, you are going after S-waves (flexural/bending). You can't do anything with P-waves (compression along the beam/barrel axis).

You need to find the highest resonating region of the barrel (somewhere in the middle) and place it there.

That said, I know guys who take a piece of high-damping dense and stiff material, say Blu-tac, wrap a layer of it around the barrel and then clamp it in place with a sleeve. The dense mass layer is now acting as so called "constrained layer".

Remember though that some of the barrels are profiled as thicker around the chamber, and then thin down towards the muzzle. So the region you want is more near the muzzle than the chamber/trunnion.
>>
>>31528112
>>31531069

Those guys explain it pretty well. It adds an adjustable aspect to the barrel harmonics. If you toy around with it enough with a specific load you can improve accuracy a bit, but if you just throw it on the barrel, it's just as likely to decrease accuracy as increase it, and if you're shooting inconsistent ammo it can't fix that.
>>
File: aw what really.jpg (57KB, 501x407px) Image search: [Google]
aw what really.jpg
57KB, 501x407px
>let's put bell-ends on our guns
>I'm sure this won't reinforce the guns-as-short-penis-compensators meme
>>
>thinking polymers are going to effect the vibration of a flexing steel barrel

Real systems aren't as simple as the schematic in >>31531069 is conveying. You need to do some serious dynamic analysis/FEA to determine it.
>>
>>31534367
Ok, lets see your model.
>>
>>31535197
I don't have access to the >$100K software that people use at my work for similar applications. I was stating that it's a complex 'problem', and to try to describe it in the very simple manners that people here have tried to do isn't going to get you accurate answers.

A few details that make >>31531069 invalid are:
-barrel profiles
-semi-rigid attachment to receiver
-dynamic forces as bullet is going down the barrel

I haven't seen Tiborasaurus' video, but from the diagram images I've seen, he's not correct. I'll go watch it sometime.
>>
>>31536346
He probably is correct though since he actually knows his shit. But yeah instead of believing the guy with countless hours and hours of videos with him hitting at long ranges all day long I'll just believe you, anon.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.