[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

China making new movie about the Korean War

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 5

File: Chinese War Movie.png (428KB, 581x299px) Image search: [Google]
Chinese War Movie.png
428KB, 581x299px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ec7ESQb_L3o

Thoughts?
>>
File: PLA SF - China SOF.jpg (159KB, 1023x680px) Image search: [Google]
PLA SF - China SOF.jpg
159KB, 1023x680px
This recruitment ad will be playing during the previews. So badass.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTdOnDSPZ_Q
>>
>>31524618
Why do Chinese movies have that shitty color grading technique that makes everything look like it has a smooth CG sheen over it?
>>
>>31524715
Their film industry still hasn;t figured out how lighting works so they just slap a filter on everything which either makes their film a grey brown or a bright yellow depending on if its a "somber drama" or an "exciting action" film.
>>
>>31524823
>still hasn't figured out how lighting works

Yeah, those night scenes in that trailer were atrocious. Bet there were all kinds of guys yelling Mandarin at each other that night.
>>
>>31524618
Looks nice.

Not Chinese, but I think that the PVA is one of the most interesting fighting forces of the past, being underdogs who could stand against the US with creative tactics. They deserve a well made movie some time.
>>
>>31525034
>creative tactics
>>
>>31525034
they got their shit pushed in in korea despite outnumbering the allies and fighting right next to their home.
>>
>>31525034

>being underdogs who could stand against the US with creative tactics.

Pushing wave after wave in poorly armed soldiers into American machine guns isn't really a creative tactic. The trailer doesn't even do anything to suggest that isn't what happened.
>>
>>31524823

Thank (((Spielberg))) for making the meme aesthetics for all modern war movies.
>>
>>31525638
>>31525713

get learned.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/People%27s_Volunteer_Army#Tactics

The PVA fought in a way that was the very definition of effective light infantry tactics, as still taught at western military academies today.
>>
>>31525857
>+100 yuan added to bank account
>>
I read a really interesting book about medal of honor recipients this one old guy, in a wheel chair and IVs in him story was about being a medic in korea and after running out of ammo using rocks to kill chinese even at one pointing smashing two guys heads' together.
>>
>>31525857
Stoned on opium, barefoot in the snow, carrying baskets full of grenades? Scoring a 1:17 kill ratio?
>>
>>31525857

There is an under appreciation for infantry maneuver in western armies as they have become accustomed to superior artillery and air support
>>
>>31525034
Explain to me what creative tactics lose 5 whole divisions worth of men in Chosin?
>>
Bretty neat I guess
>>
>>31525915
No guns, no tanks, no planes. And not really outnumbering anyone in any campaign, just using good ability of force concentration.

Only fighting by night and performing sneak-attacks were their only means. And when that sneak-attack fails, noone can save the men committed to the assault, because they had only runners and bulges as means of communication.

Yeah, they were pretty good considering that they basically had stone-age equipment and still stood against the mightiest force on earth.

>>31525945
Chosin killed more PVA by freezing. And also, it was a time-sensitive operation where they didnt have the luxury of long preparation and extensive reconaissance patrols. They literally had to chase the Marines down to the South, or else they would have faced more losses due to better entrenchment.
>>
>>31524646
is every other phrase "death to the west"?
>>
>>31525933
what the fuck am i reading, yes they are accustomed because it's the fucking doctrine you don't maneuver on a treeline to cut out reinforcements and establish a line you blow it the fuck up and walk on, see; the past 80 years. point to anything in modern armies to the contrary- literally anything. every piece of hardware, every new bit of kit, every vehicle, without exception, lends itself to making the target picture clearer and spending less ammo to kill it.
>>
>>31525980
All they proved was if you send enough men at a machine gun eventually they will run out ammunition.
>>
>>31526004
No, all they proved is that a light infantry force with shit weapons and no fire-support can actually beat a heavily mechanized combat force when utilizing the terrain and stealth tactics.
>>
>>31524618

How will they portray American soldiers in this movie? Hire actors from Europe? Or just make everybody CGI?
>>
>>31525034
>Not Chinese

Yeah, right
>>
>>31526063

Wait, forget that, they'll probably just get Russians.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (21KB, 517x212px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
21KB, 517x212px
fuck them
>>
>>31525857
you want to talk about light infantry tactics, look up the Yugoslavian Partisans
>>
>>31525034
I'll spare you some of /k/'s rampant nationalistic shitposting.

A lot of the Ten Marshals are fascinating military history figures. People don't realize one of the reasons the Communists won in China was because of a lot of very talented military leadership.
>>
>>31526045
not to mention, but they never advanced from that stage until only recently, they had aspirations to form large scale units and engage in set piece battles.
once again look at the Yugoslavs, they went from a few thousand members to over a million in 4 years, starting the war with stolen weapons and ending it with entire large scale Corps fully manned and training
>>
>>31526146
>I'll spare you some of /k/'s rampant nationalistic shitposting.

Not me , I think Mao was a military genius but that doesn't mean the Chinese forces didn't use nothing but blunt force at Chosin. What could have been a major victory turned into close battle. The American force withdrawer from Chosin was more innovative tactically. They about to be completely routed before making a breakout.
>>
>>31526313
>mao

Its all Peng Dehuai my friend

Mao was basically Hitler, shitty in everything except giving speeches and radicalizing peasants to the commies side
>>
>>31525980
>still stood against the mightiest force on earth.
US army was dogshit at the start of the Korean War, and was still only mediocre by the end of the war. Congress and Truman didnt want to fund a huge military after WW2 cause they were worried about deficit spending might lead to a second Great Depression. So the US Army slipped in terms of readiness, and too much trust was put in the ability of air power to win the war on the ground, despite it being limited in use due Trumans decision to keep the Korean war limited to korea

Mightiest force on earth, my ass. In 1950 the Soviets had a larger ground force than the US
>>
>>31525980
>and still stood against the mightiest force on earth.
Lol, do you have any idea how gutted the US military was in the early 1950s?
>>
File: A fucking zipper ramp.jpg (269KB, 1536x1023px) Image search: [Google]
A fucking zipper ramp.jpg
269KB, 1536x1023px
Communism requires mass exterminating and eliminating all humans who are born unable to control and restrain the innate instinctual urge to hoard wealth and exert power over other humans.

You have to purge 95% of the population to make it work.

And you have to keep murdering every human born with the innate instinctual urge to hoard wealth and lord power over other humans.

It isn't the system that is wrong, it is our species that it does not work with.

Greed is very evolutionarily advantageous. When you hoard money you have access to better mating partners, better medical care for your offspring, better schools to teach your children, better healthier food, living in a safer cleaner community. Being greedy is evolutionarily advantageous and it requires extreme amounts of personal control to keep at bay the desire that exists inside all humans hearts. That beast, that unsatiated huger that gives us a drive to invent, to design, to create with the reward of poo tang and Ferraris.

China has 1 billion unarmed slaves and subjects, ruled by a few hundred thousand rich and powerful elites.

Anyone smart enough to create revolt, to stockpile weapons, to plan revolution has been murdered. They genetically cleansed the gene pool for resistance.

Now only left with plebeians and morons.
Having to steal all technology.

High technology for the Chinks in China is an old 1970's Slavshit aircraft carrier that has been retrofit with gook plastic attachments stuck all on the deck.

Because anyone smart enough to design good weaponry has been thrown into a gulag for thinking outside of the box, they had their organs harvested for rocking the boat and making waves.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_aircraft_carrier_Liaoning
>>
>>31526383
Also the US Army kept some of it's best and fully equipped units in Europe. 1st infantry Divisions and all 4 of the Armored Divisions never went to Korea. They had to stay in Europe to deter the Soviets.

>>31526333
Peng Dehuai is one of the greatest heroes in Chinese history, if only for the fact that he got Mao's only competent son killed in Korea, and that ended any possibility of a Mao dynasty. Thus when Mao died, it let actually competent people like Deng Xiaoping take over the country.
>>
>>31524618
Honestly good or bad, I love to see new historical war movies from any perspective. This does make me wonder though, why hasnt hollywood tackled the Korean war yet?
>>
>>31525678
>>31526004
/thread.

>>31525980

All that is saying it that a dogshit military with dogshit equipment had to use dogshit tactics that still failed them, all while fighting in their own back yard against a severely dimished US armed forces. I'm not sure what's impressive or even intuitive about sneak attacks at night, it's one of the oldest types of attacks ever concived.
>>
>>31525638
>

>>31525678
>outnumbering

Are you seriously arguing a third world Maoist shithole and America at its peak were on equal ground?

>>31525713
Good meme.

Zerg Rush has been disproved so many times.

>>31525915
>1:17
[Citation needed] tripfag

>>31525945
Being a third world shithole army with no airsupport?

>>31526004
All they proved was that the shithole maoist Chinks actually pushed America+allies back into South Korea.

>>31526313
>brute force

Can be an effective tactic

>>31526383
If the US was dogshit, then the PVA was starving illiterate peasants fueled by opium and muh communism.
>>
>>31527501
>why hasnt hollywood tackled the Korean war yet?

It was known as the Forgotten War for a reason.
>>
>>31525857
>human waves
very modern
>>
>>31526063
The Americans will all be CG vampires wearing Uncle Sam costumes and wielding US flags. The Chinese will only have a handful of brave warriors to fend off the endless waves of American soldiers
>>
>>31526503
holy shit that's a lot of stupid in that post
>>
>>31524618
Is that music from the Dark Knight soundtrack?
>>
>>31528071
You responded to three of my posts and agreed with me. All I was saying was nothing was innovative about the Chinese victory at Chosin other than blunt force can overcome fire support if you send enough of them. If anything was innovative tactic wise it was a surrounded smaller force getting out of there without being decimated.
>>
File: index.jpg (5KB, 191x263px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
5KB, 191x263px
>>31526503

You might be right about there no longer being any revolutionaries in China, but regarding communism, the incentive problem and human nature are not the primary reason why communism cannot work in an industrialized society. At the end of the day, without a market for capital goods, which is the antithesis of state ownership, there is no way to accurately determine factor prices and thus allocate non-specific factors efficiently. Without knowing the real costs of production, it also cannot be known how much investment would be optimal, even if the consumer goods markets are not state run.
>>
>>31524618
desu it looks awesome.

They should also produce a movie relating to the Vietnam war. It would be interested to view a movie without the western war propaganda.
>>
>>31527501
Pork Chop Hill, MASH, and that one where the helo rescue wears a Leprechaun hat.
>>
>>31528380

China has a couple of TV series about the Sino-Vietnamese war

I doubt they would find any need to do the proper Vietnam war though
>>
>>31528397
"Assembly" briefly touches on the Korean war but its mostly about the Chinese Civil war of 1947. Best Chinese war movie I've watched.
>>
https://youtu.be/C_dAVUBba8I
Couldn't stop thinking about this for some reason
>>
>>31524618
it's got those big fire ball explosions which is just a whole bunch of gasoline rigged up to det cord which I don't like very much. Imo the sudden crack and giant cloud of dust looks more realistic and satisfying. But outside of that it doesn't look too bad. However some of the characters look all grizzled and war hardened while others have perfect skin and make up on which always was a little jarring
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.