[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Could this stupid thing even work?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: 400px-MR-C1.jpg (13KB, 400x241px) Image search: [Google]
400px-MR-C1.jpg
13KB, 400x241px
Could this stupid thing even work?
>>
Sure. Its basically a G11, but with the mag in a less shoot-your-fingers-off location. Even has the same cocking mechanism.
>>
>>31520558
No, it only ever made it to the mock-up stage, no working prototypes.

Could it have worked in the future if it continued in development? Maybe, but probably not well enough to hit procurement, we still haven't overcome all of the problems with caseless ammo.

>>31520573
>basically a G11
Except it was never developed to a working state.
>less shoot-your-fingers-off
Especially since it couldn't shoot.
>has the same cocking mechanism.
Except it doesn't cock anything.
>>
>>31520624
>Except it was never developed to a working state.
That doesn't prevent conclusions from being made based on what is known of what was intended. The Magpul PDW was only ever a piece of plastic, but we know that could have worked.
>>
File: Pulseriflealpha.jpg (40KB, 1000x564px) Image search: [Google]
Pulseriflealpha.jpg
40KB, 1000x564px
>>31520644
Or it could have exploded when you pulled the trigger.
Look at my working pulse rifle it's totally not just some random gun parts glued together.
>>
>>31521065
You're being obtuse. We know how a pulse rifle works. Its literally a Thompson that has a electric igniter instead of a firing pin, if you wanted to make a point you should have picked a fictional/concept gun that doesn't have so much documentation. Besides, we cant know whether the MRC or the PDW or even the pulse rifle would be a reliable or accurate weapon, but that was never the question.
>>
>>31521141
>literally a Thompson
Not even sort of, It was a 10mm caseless weapon with a rotating breech. See it used a Thompson as a mock up for a fictional weapon that doesn't actually work the way it says it does.

The question was could this thing even work. That thing being a nonworking replica of a proposed weapon. The only logical answer to that is no. I'll stop being obtuse when you stop being flippant about what it takes to make a working weapon. The ammo the MR-C was supposed to fire did not and does not even exist. There was no development of the mechanism besides, we should package it this way, it may weigh about this much, put this over here. It's a fucking prop.
>>
>>31521315
What an incredibly boring and narrow way to approach discussion. OP was implicitly asking could it have worked if put into functional production, not could it have worked if taken to a range it the state it was last developed to, i.e. a plastic mockup.
>>
>>31521391
So, the proper way to approach discussion in your mind is to immediately make up some bullshit then get offended when you're called on it? The only thing known about the thing is the hypothetical 6.8 caseless ammo, the shape, and that it was supposed to have a grenade launcher. It was a reimagining of what a future OICW\ AICW could possibly end up as after the XM29 was all the way done going to shit.

If you built a gun in that shape, the gun could work or it could not, but that doesn't mean shit.

The only answer that can be supported to your hypothetical is maybe, if they continued development, which is what I originally responded with. I even expounded on the possibility of adoption if it was functional, so what's boring and narrow about my discussion?

I know your reading comprehension is still in the prototype stages, but can we hypothetically just admit you got asspained when called out on your bullshit?
>>
>>31521566
wow fucking autism. stop posting and KYS
>>
>>31521566
>Could this thing possibly function as its designers intended based on what they said it would do
>REEE YOU CANT KNOW!!!
Gee, whats the point in discussing anything ever.
>>
>>31521566
I never liked throwing this word around, but you strike me as being legitimately autistic. Unless you're really just that much of an anal retentive little pedant.
>>
File: 1474252881538.png (451KB, 1000x721px) Image search: [Google]
1474252881538.png
451KB, 1000x721px
>>31522009
>>31522232
>>31522540
>>
>>31520624
>>basically a G11
>Except it was never developed to a working state.
>>less shoot-your-fingers-off
>Especially since it couldn't shoot.
>>has the same cocking mechanism.
>Except it doesn't cock anything.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32eSZTj2W40
>>
>>31523113
gbt to /r/hillaryforpresident
>>
File: reeeeeeeeee pepe.jpg (8KB, 400x343px) Image search: [Google]
reeeeeeeeee pepe.jpg
8KB, 400x343px
>>31520573
>Sure. Its basically a G11
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.