[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there any reason to buy or use a mini-14 instead of an AR

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: Mini14GB.jpg (2MB, 2840x980px) Image search: [Google]
Mini14GB.jpg
2MB, 2840x980px
Is there any reason to buy or use a mini-14 instead of an AR these days? Does the mini-14 even qualify as a 'weapon' in any real sense of the word?
>>
>Is there any reason to buy or use a mini-14 instead of an AR these days?
A-team fetish.
>Does the mini-14 even qualify as a 'weapon' in any real sense of the word?
Probably
>>
>>31520444
I dont get why people are obsessed with a 80s era cartoon
>>
File: 1475279672926.gif (2MB, 514x205px) Image search: [Google]
1475279672926.gif
2MB, 514x205px
>>31520465
>cartoon
>>
Probably a lot of police trade ins will be available in the next few years as a lot of departments had them during the awb. They should be fairly cheap and are fun to shoot.
>>
>>31520433
No.
>>
>>31520433
Is there any reason to buy or use a ptr/fal instead of an AR10 these days? Does the ptr/fal even qualify as a 'weapon' in any real sense of the word?
>>
>>31520433

aesthetics

dat garand action

living in a ban state
>>
>>31522155
yeah, but, in a ban state you can get the ARES SCR instead or an MAS 49-56 and those aren't complete pieces of shit.
>>
>>31520433

If you don't like or give a shit about pistol grips and want something ~aesthetic~

>>31523236

The mini-14 isn't a complete piece of shit and, I dunno if you've noticed, but the SCR isn't even being produced right now.
>>
>>31523282
Why did they stop production anyway? Shit was selling like hotcakes.
>>
>>31523298

idk. Ares is going through some changes because it was a really shitty company. Had a friend employed by them. Basically awful business practices fucked them over.
>>
>>31523340
Shit, always sucks when a great product is sold by clowns.
>>
File: images.jpg (6KB, 308x164px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
6KB, 308x164px
>>31520433
>Does the mini-14 even qualify as a 'weapon' in any real sense of the word?
>>
The problem of the Mini 14 is basically the price and the magazines.

I don't care if it's less accurate or more prone to failure due to dirt and wetness, but it would be an awesome 5.56 rifle if it went for 500 bucks and could have AR mags.
>>
>>31523236
Does a 49/56 have a bayonet lug? If so you can't own one in NY AFAIK
>>
Not really, but then again people own a lot of firearms that aren't objectively better or more utilitarian than other choices. People like them and can stomach the cost so Ruger keeps making them. My uncle has one of the originals and it's the only one he refuses to part with so there's something to them.
>>
>>31524250
CnR eligible and most states don't count it as a bayo lug as the bayo has to cover the barrel - it's not an undersling bayo like the G3s/M16s, ect.

>>31523282
Good point that it's not being made right now, but, still the moment that they actually out - it presents a better option than the M1 Gen 3 or 4
>>
>>31523990
kek
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.