[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gramps Type 99 Cleaned Up

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 7

File: Type 99 Cleaned Up.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
Type 99 Cleaned Up.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
Hey /k
I posted a thread a few weeks back where my family had found my grandpas old Jap Type 99 that he took back from abroad in WW2, i found out that he actually served in the euro theatre but somehow ended up with a type 99 as a trophy. anyhow i took it to a local gun owner where he disassembled and cleaned up the whole thing for me for 80 bucks. I think it looks great, would love to buy a box of ammo and shoot and then just hang it on the wall next to a picture of the old man. anyhow, i said i would follow up ill post some other cleaned up pics in the thread.
>>
here is a close up of the bolt action
>>
File: cleaned up action.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
cleaned up action.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
shit these are all posting upside down
>>
File: Serial Number.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
Serial Number.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>31516545
>>
File: visible mum.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
visible mum.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>31516545
Shop owner said he did the best he could with the mum, it was begun to be ground off, but is still visible on the top of the firearm.
>>
File: Best i could do for the bore.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
Best i could do for the bore.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>31516545
Shot of the bore.
>>
>>31516545
>Paying someone else to clean your guns
Jesus christ op, you wouldn't pay someone else to fondle your woman would you?

I love pulling my apart and cleaning my newly acquired rifles.

Nice gun tho
>>
File: IMG_0650.jpg (316KB, 1524x303px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0650.jpg
316KB, 1524x303px
>>31516593
Oy vey!
That's a 27th series by Tokyo Juki Kogyo (Tokyo Heavy Machinery Manufacturing Corporation). TJK only made roughly 90k rifles and only about 40k being of the 27 series. I also have a 27th series, but it's a little earlier one that they used previously rejected stocks. Nice gun.
>>
>>31516765
I have zero experience with firearms, I figured the riught thing to do to get the gun right would be to have a smith disassemble and clean it
>>
File: 1474769481794.jpg (24KB, 271x400px) Image search: [Google]
1474769481794.jpg
24KB, 271x400px
>>31517028

You did the right thing. Don't listen to people who think "muh real men do every single thing themselves, fuck expertise."

Nice fuckin' curio, breh.
>>
>>31517028
I never had any firearm experience either when I took apart my first gun (SMLE) and cleaned it out.
Besides, there's no excuse this day and age when there's endless amounts of information on the internet.
All you need are basic tools and some common sense.

>>31517103
I never said that m8, but sounds about right.
Don't you want to learn new skills? Is it really more exciting to take your shit to someone else and pay to get it repaired or cleaned or whatever, than doing it yourself and getting satisfaction from it?
>>
>>31518619
I hear ya, I'll most likely do the follow up cleanings myself but the initial cleanup I left to a pro. The rifle was in pretty bad shape as it was in gramps garage for 60 years
>>
>>31517103
>paying someone to do something incredibly easy with just a bit of googling.

You're why people can't even change their own tires these days.
>>
>>31516864
Would you say that a 27 series in this condition is safe to fire
>>
>>31518619
>Is it really more exciting to take your shit to someone else and pay to get it repaired or cleaned or whatever, than doing it yourself and getting satisfaction from it?
Time is money chief. I can't speak for OP, but I know I have better things to do than cut my grass, clean my pool, or change my oil. That's why I pay money to have it done for me.
>>
>>31520409
Not him but if you haven't had your gunsmith check headspacing (something you can do at home but you did mention lack of experience so its up to you) you should just to be 100% sure. But judging from these pictures it looks like its ready to shoot
>>
>go to europe
>get japanese gun

Yeah men of war as2 with gsm general.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.