[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey, /k/ I made a thread earlier today about buying an SKS from

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 11

File: it's a 'she'.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
it's a 'she'.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Hey, /k/

I made a thread earlier today about buying an SKS from a gun show. Well, I'm back and I made my purchase.

It's a "Romanian" SKS and I got it for $450 cash. The stock is kind of fucked up and the firing pin may have some issues (it moved back and forth as I tilted it but didn't "click clack" around in the bolt as other anons said it should). I'm also not 100% sure it's ROmanian, and the seller couldn't exactly verify it either. The blade-style bayonet would lead me to believe it's one, though. And it lacked any Chinese markings so I wouldn't say it's a Type-56/Sino-soviet.

Paying $450 for the rifle alone kinda sucked and I wish I could have gotten some ammo or a sling, but the other vendors were trying to sell me Yugos for $525+ and someone else thought their beat to shit Yugo was worth $600

I think I did alright, I overpaid a little but it seems like a solid rifle. The rifling was mostly intact although overall it seems kind of dirty and the stock is really beat up.

How'd I do, /k/?
>>
File: misaligned sight.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
misaligned sight.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
The front sight is also misaligned but I was told I can just tap it into place by lightly tapping it with a hammer/rag from the pin on the side.
>>
File: 1474928817003.jpg (428KB, 840x630px) Image search: [Google]
1474928817003.jpg
428KB, 840x630px
You won't feel you overpaid when someone offers you $700 for it in a few years.
>>
>>31515138
dont adjust anything until youve shot it
that might be the actual zero
>>
>>31515166
That's a good point. Should I keep the original stock? Everything else is all-matching but I couldn't find a serial or any sort of markings on the stock.

>>31515173
You might be right, that's a good point. Thank you.
>>
just adjust front sight
don't bang it
>>
>>31515128
You overpaid
>>
>>31515215
the new stocks are nice but prob by ammo and range time first
>>
take down and post pics of rifling and action
>>
>>31515215
I personally wouldnt do anything to it for the first few range trips to get a feel for the rifle
>>
>>31515262
I tried before making the OP but I can't get a good light in there to photograph it. I'm not at home right now but later tonight I'll get out a flashlight and check it out.

>>31515285
Yeah this seems to be the general consensus and makes logical sense. I'll leave it as-is and invest in some ammo.

I know I've only posted 1 picture so far, but do you guys agree that it's Romanian? The stock seems to match up with online examples. I'll post a picture of the action when I get home.
>>
did it have matching serial numbers?
>>
Good job.

Protip, don't fuck with taking off the bayonet unless you're in a spot where you can easily find the spring if it shoots off.

Also, take pictures of the Receiver so we can see any markings.
>>
Alright back home. Taking pictures now.
>>
File: in front of chamber.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
in front of chamber.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
Here are some markings. It looks like a small... 'K' stamped? There are two of them on each side below the rear sight.
>>
File: side of bolt housing.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
side of bolt housing.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
There's also some markings on the bolt housing on the right side. I can't quite make out what they are.
>>
File: more markings.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
more markings.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
This is the stamp on the receiver. Year of production?
>>
>>31517117
>Looks like a small K
Your weapon is a product of the /k/ube, that is a holy artifact you wield
>>
File: blank spring cover.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
blank spring cover.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
This is the spring cover. It looks pretty blank. I sometimes see engravings here on examples but mine either lacks any or they've worn off.
>>
File: rifling 1.jpg (809KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
rifling 1.jpg
809KB, 3264x2448px
All I had was an intense LED flashlight so there's a lot of reflections going on, but here's my attempt at photographing the rifling.
>>
File: rifling 2.jpg (912KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
rifling 2.jpg
912KB, 3264x2448px
Here's another picture.
>>
File: rifling 3.jpg (853KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
rifling 3.jpg
853KB, 3264x2448px
This is the last of the set.

Thoughts?
>>
File: russian sks.jpg (937KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
russian sks.jpg
937KB, 2560x1440px
Bro I feel like you overpaid, no offense. I got this lovely Russian SKS for 200. Disregard the .22
>>
>>31517397
Leafs need not apply
>>
>>31517431

Actually a cancucks fan XD
>>
Nicely done OP can't comment on price much, ad established earlier my states fishbowl economy screws pricing all to hell.

Looks like a Cugir made SKS, wood looks original, or arsenal at worst. IDK if Cugir serialized stocks, I know Zastava did.
>>
>>31517916
Thank you. Yeah I think it's Cugir as well.
>>
Waiting ov an auction right now for a decent norinco for 250. Wish me luck
>>
>>31518629
Military or commercial import?
>>
>>31517141
That's the same format as my Romanian. Yes it is year of production. Do some Google searches. I don't remember the site right off hand but I was able to find really informational ones similar yo the www.762x54r.com site for the SKS platform.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.