[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

AR-15 Lowers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

I asked an older friend of mine weather or not i should build an AR-15, and he said yes and he would get the parts for me (inb4 underage; i'm not, he's just being generous because i don't have much money right now). So, what's the best completed AR-15 lower receiver for a moderate price? Money is no object for him, but I want to be respectful and not give him an expensive ass parts list.
>>
Literally anything but polymer/80%
I personally like the rainier lowers, but nothing wrong with an anderson
>>
>>31511735
Gonna depend on who has what on sale for any given day. PSA usually has some fucked up (cosmetic blemish) ones for cheaper ($175 or so) but there may be some random deal out there.
>>
>>31511760
>>31511783
while we're on the topic, do you have any recommendations for completed uppers? I'm good with tools and I'm sure I could put one together, but I have no shame and would rather just get a completed upper. Is there much price difference? Also, do you have any mid-range recommendations? I'm doing online research but there's so much variation that it's a little confusing
>>
>>31511817
Stag is a decent brand. They also make left handed uppers which are good. Got one myself and it eats anything you feed it
>>
>>31511817
>Is there much price difference?
Yes. How much depends entirely on what you're after.
Assembling an A4 clone I saved ~150 or about the price of a bolt carrier by assembling the upper alone. Savings by assembling a lower are generally much more minor but it is also much easier.
All said and done I needed torque wrench, barrel nut wrench, wrench for the flash hider, drill press, snap ring pliers, clamps for the FSB since I did not use a jig, 2/0 taper pin reamer + reamer handle (you could use a spiral reamer with your press alternatively), various punches, hammer, appropriate grease for the extension/nut, rivet tool for the swing swivel.
>>
>>31511817
>>31511906

This, also PSA is decent quality at a great price. They sell uppers with and without the bcg and charging handle. If you buy without, just buy any of their full auto bcg and mil spec charging handle and youre set. If youre willing to wait, they have new sales every day rotating through everything they offer.

If youre wanting something nicer you can get a bcm and their bcg and charging handle for about $850

If youre willing to spend
>>
>>31511817
get a BCM middy
if you are gonna cheap out make sure it's a middy, it's easy to replace a handguard but not a barrel
>>
>>31511783
most Blem lowers are hardly noticable. so its a great deal
>>
>>31511735
Why not build the lower? Anderson lower, CMMG parts kit, Anderson buffer kit, MOE stock should all be under $150. Quality only matters for the parts kit, everything else is just cosmetics. Yes, even the stripped lower.
>>
95% of all lowers and uppers you'll ever see, spread out amongst all the hillbilly garage "companies" that all think they can commission someone else to build them lowers and then resell them for 400% because of the roll mark they had their stepson design in illustrator, are all actually built by the same 4 or 5 manufacturers.

Tell him to
>search "lower"
>filter by: "lowest to highest"
>cheapest lower that is not 80% or polymer

done
>>
File: image.png (577KB, 901x889px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
577KB, 901x889px
>>31511735

>a generous older "friend" of yours is going to buy you your rifle

OP, you don't have to be shy around here. You can just admit you suck cocks and sell your boipucci for guns and ammo. Don't worry, you're among your people now.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.