[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

SD Fixed Blade

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: BENCHMADE.jpg (78KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
BENCHMADE.jpg
78KB, 600x600px
Haven't posted in 4 or 5 years.

Best SD fixed blade under 200$
Want to mount to boot/leg.
Currently looking at Protagonist, Esee 4x..
Pic unrelated

Thank you!
>>
>>31511109

Carothers Field Knife
>>
>>31511109
>Haven't posted in 4 or 5 years.
You want a fucking cookie?
>>
>>31511109

Fällkniven G1
>>
File: iiZeTLi.jpg (164KB, 1136x852px) Image search: [Google]
iiZeTLi.jpg
164KB, 1136x852px
>>31511109
Take a look at the Spyderco Street series. The Beat has a 3" blade, the Bowie has a 5". Either one will run you about $95.

ESEE makes an excellent knife and will be a good choice for innawoods.

SOG makes some great quality lower priced options, as well as Sarah Connor's bowie from T2 for extra cool points.
>>
>>31511234

ESEE is mediocre for the outrageous price they go for.

SOG is shit, dont lie just because you can.
>>
>>31511266
ESEE is overpriced, yes. But what's your beef with SOG? Explain please

SOG does the same shit as Cold Steel and Emerson, trying too hard to present themselves as ELITE TIER 1 OPERATOR, but I've never seen anyone say anything bad about the quality of their products before.
>>
>>31511181
Not OP but Ive been looking at similiar knives and have had a problem with handsize. Would you say the grip is long enough for larger folk on the G1?
>>
>>31511324

SOG is not the SOG many oldfags know.

It was taken over by retards. They produce chinese-tier Mtech level of shit and charge a fuckton living off the SOG name recognition.

I'm a collector and own some rare and prized old SOGs, which I love, but SOG today is bottom of the barrel. New Cold Steel is better and cheaper than SOG
>>
Mora.
>>
>>31511350

The handle you can put your hand on measures 3.8 inches in total

The Spartan Breed would fit your needs if you have giant hands, but the prize is crazy and the role not quite the same.
>>
>>31511175
out of price point unless you can show me somewhere I can't find.

>>31511178
I was looking to soften my potential breaking of some ludicrous /k/ etiquette as I've been away, all apologies.

>>31511181
Leaning towards this, are you able to comment on how that handle material feels. Is it tacky when wet still or does it become slick?

>>31511234 >>31511266
I have never handled an ESEE and have not been impressed with SOG quality as of late either. The Beat intrigues me but the price point is outrageous in my area (isolated W Canada) unless I could find a steal at a retail outlet which is an oxymoron in itself

>>31511369
Have two Moras, they are great. Not quite what I'm looking for here.

Appreciate the succinct replies everybody
>>
>>31511497

Fallkniven G1 is the best designed boot knife I know of.

Feels great and more plasticky than rubbery. It's rubber but you can't mark it with your nail, for example.
>>
>>31511109
i used to carry a ka-bar tdi. Had the short non-cerated.

it was lost in a tragic boating accident
>>
>>31511109
Spyderco street beat or street Bowie seem to be best for cost-performance.

If you want something to use for minor edc task as well go for esee.
>>
>>31511266

You're paying extra for that unlimited, complete life time warranty you dumb ass. You can break it on purpose and they will replace it for free.
>>
>>31511266
ESEE is not that expensive for the quality of the sheath and the toughness of the blades. Quality is great but they are simple with no meme serrations so edgelords like yourself probably think they're shit.
>>
I know SOG is made in Taiwan shit but im still interested in their CPM 3V knivesike the SRK

To op: spydercos are OK, I like the ESEE/Becker izula/izula clone. Add some scales and that would be good
>>
>>31514002
Meant to say cold steel not sog
>>
Zt0160 or benchmade nimravus
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.