[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

California builds

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 8

File: ca.jpg (44KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
ca.jpg
44KB, 800x533px
So I recently moved to the bay area for a great job. Coincidentally, and unfortunately, I also got the gun itch.

I am interested in building an AR-15 or two but am completely confused on what I can and can't legally do. Does /k/ have any guides or info on the process for AR-15 builds that I can legally take to a range, etc? I'm thinking of building from a 80% polymer lower, but am open to a complete lower if I don't have to deal with tons of crap/paperwork
>>
>>31510666
Oh shit, nobody told you? It's over. There is no point in owning firearms in California anymore. You can't comply and you can't resist. Best not even to try. Just enjoy the weather and fresh produce and find other more acceptable hobbies.
>>
File: Screenshot_20160713-065958.png (1MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160713-065958.png
1MB, 1440x2560px
>>31511010
Fuck off. I got Mimms on my side
>>
>>31511099
maybe but you still live in fresno county so...
>>
>>31511164
Yea the list of downsides is pretty damn long. Pretty much the best part about it is there are a bunch of places 2-3hours away that suck alot less
>>
File: photographic memory.png (272KB, 302x447px) Image search: [Google]
photographic memory.png
272KB, 302x447px
So... is there a flowchart, a PDF somewhere? I think I heard about that. Or a guide to what I can finally assemble?

Can I at least do a featureless build with a ten round magazine? Please advise
>>
>>31511235
You can have featureless builds with no fear of bullshit, go ahead and get a cuck grip, a thread protector, cut your bayonet lug, use a fixed stock, have ten round mags and you're set. It's shitty but it's legal.
>>
>>31511010
Hey Jerry Brown
>>
File: image.jpg (26KB, 300x265px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
26KB, 300x265px
>>31511235
You're either retarded or truly clueless for moving into CA and wanting to get a black baby-seeking assault blasters and not already knowing what Calguns is. You'll fit right in.

http://www.calguns.net/caawid/flowchart.pdf
>>
File: wacking day.jpg (34KB, 489x488px)
wacking day.jpg
34KB, 489x488px
>>31511263

So as a follow up question (thank you for the info so far), are there parts kits that are CA compliant? That is, they already have the thread protector and no bayonet lug?

I figure I just buy the grip and the 10 rd magazine and I'm good. It'll be weak but better than nothing. Plus I really want to learn to put these together, so the learning aspect of the project is probably the most important to me
>>
File: Bulk n cut.png (320KB, 641x354px) Image search: [Google]
Bulk n cut.png
320KB, 641x354px
>>31511304

I'm about 50% retarded and 50% clueless.

I can't help that I got the itch at the exact same time I moved to this hellhole, but thanks for the info!
>>
>>31510666
Question: How much are you paying for rent in the bay area?
>>
>>31510666
There are a couple ways to go about this.
>purchase a stripped 100% lower and wait the 10 days, its registered but who cares
>purchase an 80% and build, i dont recommend polymer, and its pretty simple to do with the jig.
>purchase a complete rifle if you can find one at decent price

If u want it at the range just install a bullet button, all it requires is a flat head screwdriver to remove and install, takes 20 seconds

For mags, only take a 10rnder to the range. Anything more and i advise you not to drive to vegas or reno to buy pmags at basspro or cabelas, because thats illegal

If youre gonna build from just a lower i recommend primaryarms, they install bullet buttons for free and they are squared away with their customer service.

I just built an ar for a friend, we got a complete bcm lower from PA site for ~150. Upper we went psa, was about 400. Then bolt and charging handle was about 150.

Now, if you have money, you could just buy a daniel defense and be done. Comes with a BB, and most stores in cali have them. And u dont have to worry about build quality or fucking up an 80% accidently. But thats only if u got the cash. When i was living in daily city, idgaf about saving money, i would literally drive all the way down to simi valley to purchase my guns because i liked the gun store people there. And the 10 day wait gave me an excuse to get tommys chili cheese fries.
>>
>>31511099
If there is any saving grace of living in CA, it's having Mimms and Dyer in charge Fresno County's police force.

But...I still hear gun shots in my residential suburb at least once a week.
>>
>>31511383
Cont

If u dont wanna shoot at the range i recommend driving 3 hours to the public land(blm) at panoche hills, or boca reservoir. They are both equidistant from bay area. Its one of the few good things about CA. This way u can shoot and dick around without range safties and rules. Just gotta be respectful of where youre shooting(no private land), and be nice to the sherriff or rangers that sometimes drive by.
>>
>>31511362
I'm not him, but I'll butt in

I rent a unit in a duplex just outside of SF (it's 15 mintues to downtown without traffic). 3100 a month for 4 bedrooms, kitchen, living room, 2 car garage and access to 2 parking spaces. This is considered very, very cheap.

I'm moving out soon though, since even then it's getting to expensive to live here. I can imagine my landlord jacking up the price of the place up to 4k+ even.
>>
File: image.jpg (36KB, 312x332px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
36KB, 312x332px
>>31511442
That sounds about right. It's the reason why I didn't take a job in Palo Alto. $20/hour sounds great until you realize rent, utilities excluded, starts at $2000/month. Fuck that.
>>
>>31511362
>>
>>31511362

2300 in Oakland for me
>>
>>31511362
700$
>>
>>31511308
http://www.fingrips.com/home.html
http://monstermangrip.com/mmg-ar/

You could pay $10 for a thread protector or get a muzzle brake and be that guy at the range instead.

http://www.primaryarms.com/midwest-industries-ar-15-two-chamber-muzzle-brake/p/mi-mb4/

Also bayonet lugs aren't banned in California, they banned AR-mounted flare launchers in their place instead.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.