[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Both or one eyes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 6

File: pointinggun.jpg (66KB, 615x345px) Image search: [Google]
pointinggun.jpg
66KB, 615x345px
Anon, do you shoot with both eyes open?

Or are you shooting with one eye closed?
>>
File: taxi driver.jpg (64KB, 600x401px) Image search: [Google]
taxi driver.jpg
64KB, 600x401px
>>31508418
One eye closed.
>>
Both eyes for situational awareness. I live inna south and learned shooting to kill animals and both eyes helps you with that.

Its easy if youre not cross ey dominant. Once you learned it, you will never have problems anymore
>>
Both open. Safer IMO, I like to see what's around me when I shoot
>>
I try to shoot with both eyes when at the range; but if, God forbid, I'm ever in a situation where I need to draw I am going to use just one while aiming simply because I shoot better with it.
>>
>>31508418
Close one eye. I'm nearly blind in my left eye anyways so it's not helping shit.
>>
one, cross dominance is a bitch.
>>
>>31508418
Both for pistol

One eye closed for rifles, because I'm cross eye dominant
>>
Both, just feels right. Sometimes if I'm doing an extended session of sighting a scoped rifle I might start closing one for a few shots. My eye starts to fatigue if I don't but it certainly feels funny.
>>
>>31508418

Both eyes open.
I don't feel any need to close one.
>>
closing one eye causes the other to lose focus
>>
Both eyes open for everything except long range shots through scope.
>>
>>31508418
The man who taught me how to shoot was a jet fighter pilot in the chairforce, and he taught me to shoot with one eye closed. i've tried to do it with both eyes closed, but i can't do it
>>
>>31508635
People shoot with two eyes open on rifles?

Then again I'm left-eye dominant but I figured you need to learn how to shoot ambidextrously anyways.
>>
>>31508862
I can't see shit either with both eyes closed. I don't get how some people do it. Must have something to do with shadows.
>>
eyes open with pistol
one eye half open with shotgun
one eye closed with rifle. getting used to using the method i use with a shotgun.
>>
>>31508871
People say it's a good idea to learn to shoot with both eyes open, but like I said I'm cross eye dominant

I can do it with pistols, but it's impossible for me to do it with a rifle without shooting left-handed (which is also impossible for me)

Since I only shoot bolt-actions, needing to close one eye isn't a huge problem
>>
>>31509380
I always figured you were supposed to close one of your eyes if you were aiming to actually try and hit the person.

Being one-eye dominant does kind of suck though, especially since it's the left one. Not that many rifles that are ambidextrous, and even despite that in a real combat zone it pays a lot to be able to shoot from either side.
>>
>>31508418
Both open. I'm right handed but shoot with my left eye for pistol and the annoying high scope mount on a mini 14.
>>
>>31509071
When you can see the target you try to aim at it. When you cant see the target you try to hit it. It takes one step out of the process and leads to 33% faster overall reaction time.

You can reduce it by another 33% by firing before you even realize there is a target
>>
>>31508418
Always both for handgun and red dot, one eye for scope
>>
File: 1474751910687.jpg (76KB, 750x701px) Image search: [Google]
1474751910687.jpg
76KB, 750x701px
>>31509071
>I can't see shit either with both eyes closed
>both eyes closed
>>
File: clint squint.jpg (13KB, 330x247px) Image search: [Google]
clint squint.jpg
13KB, 330x247px
>>31508418
The clint squint, right eye open, left eye squinting. Open enough for situational awareness but closed enough that the sights resolve properly.

Works for me at least, I'd just say try it all and see what works best for you individually.
>>
>>31508418
ambi eye dominance
both eyes with either left or right handed shooty action.
>>
>>31508418
I flinch less with both eyes open. I have a bad tendency to close my open eye when firing with just one eye open. Same thing when using iron sights on my rifle
>>
>>31509437
This made me laugh like an idiot
>>
One eye closed, but I really should get around to retraining myself.

Found it hard as the sight picture is so close that it throws out the target image for me badly.
>>
>>31508418
ivan
if shoot with both eyes of closes
enemy not see where you aim
>>
>>31510753
You see, Ivan
When of shooting with both eyes open, enemy is of looking into soul
When of shooting with one eye closed, enemy is still of seeing where Ivan is aiming
When of shooting with both eyes closed, enemy is being of confusion
For they cannot be of recognize fear in heart if Ivan, nor where Ivan is of aiming to shoot
>>
Both eyes for handguns, right eye only for rifles.
My right isn't too heavily dominant, but I've got a weird situation where I'm nearsighted in my left and farsighted in my right. I actually shoot without my right contact in when I can help it. Oddly enough, I do better that way.
>>
>>31508418
Both, cause I ain't a slack jawed faggot.
>>
>you see ivan
>when you are of shoot with both eye of open
>You see fate of enemy
>and of yourself
>>
>>31508871
Both eyes open is difficult for me with a handgun. Opposite is true for rifles: iron, rds, scope, shooting both eyes open is largely natural feeling.
>>
>>31508418
Apparently I'm weird, because I only use both eyes when I'm using optics. Both scopes and red dots. Superimposing works well for me, even with magnification.
I can't use both eyes for irons.
>>
>>31508435
Fuck off John Smith.
>>
One eye open

Astigmatism/Cross-dominance combined with years of shooting Olympic air and rimfire caused bad habits. I still manage to top local leaderboards for 3gun and IDPA so that's nice. I doubt I'll ever get further than topping the local/state level.
>>
File: 1474640097636.jpg (553KB, 3546x2364px) Image search: [Google]
1474640097636.jpg
553KB, 3546x2364px
>>31508418
What are the benefits of shooting with both eyes open? I've always done it with one eye, but if it improves my shooting...
>>
>>31512396
It just gives you a better field of vision so you don't get a hostile squirrel attempting to suicide bomb you in your blind spot while you're engaging enemy 2-liters.
>>
>>31508418
I shoot with right eye fully open. The other is half closed.
>>
Both open but slightly squinting my dominant eye.
>>
File: 1468952428701.jpg (22KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1468952428701.jpg
22KB, 400x300px
>>31508418
i shoot more accurately with 1 eye closed but can still shoot with 2 eyes open.
>>
>>31512396
Less pressure on your eyeballs from squinting one eye, just basically means you're lengthening the amount of time before you need frames.
>>
>>31508418
I have double vision, so unless you want me to shoot the perp and his ghost hovering over his shoulder, than one eye shooting is the way to go for me, however, all you youngins with helthy eyes and lack of multiple skull and orbital fractures should learn to shoot both eyes open has having both eyes helps you range find and be more aware of flankers
>>
>>31508418

>tfw cross eye dominant and can't find and cheap left handed rifles.
>>
Army has it. Dry fire with dime on barrel, both eyes open, practice practice practice. Makes switching hands easier I think. Need to work on off hand shooting on principal
>>
>>31509879
That's just default Clint Eastwood face.
>>
>>31508418
Well there's the right way to do it, and there's closing one eye.
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.