[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

SHTF Base defence

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 10

File: 1470271163085.jpg (259KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1470271163085.jpg
259KB, 720x1280px
So how are all of you going to defend your Camp, Home, Bud out location in a SHTF situation.

This can include everything from booby traps, tripwires, range cards and all other wierd and wonderful ways you are going to protect your place of residence.
>>
File: 1471421324126 (1).gif (107KB, 708x1056px) Image search: [Google]
1471421324126 (1).gif
107KB, 708x1056px
I'll post what fortification infographics I have.
>>
File: 1471421251200 (1).png (226KB, 723x1057px) Image search: [Google]
1471421251200 (1).png
226KB, 723x1057px
>>31505845
>>
File: 1462213772806.jpg (344KB, 796x4075px) Image search: [Google]
1462213772806.jpg
344KB, 796x4075px
I don't have many but I'll post some of the booby traps as well.
>>
File: 1462228754760.jpg (81KB, 388x477px) Image search: [Google]
1462228754760.jpg
81KB, 388x477px
>>31505885
>>
File: 1462220014385.jpg (19KB, 300x380px) Image search: [Google]
1462220014385.jpg
19KB, 300x380px
>>31505927
>>
File: 1471421399707 (1).jpg (1MB, 1296x2542px) Image search: [Google]
1471421399707 (1).jpg
1MB, 1296x2542px
>>
>>31505772
I mean, at this point, why even take the house? Why not just burn it the fuck down?
>>
>>31506978
I imagine this first picture is a little extreme and is clearly more of an OP than a home defence strategy.

However if it was my home, knocking a few holes out here and there could provide good shooting positions rather than opening windows and leaning out like a retard.
>>
>>31507036
I'd just burn it all down.
>>
>>31506978
>>31507772

This is why a suburban home is completely indefensible. No matter how much you fortify it it's still a fiery deathtrap.

You need rural property with layered defenses.
>>
>>31508271
Well that's what I have my home is far enough out that I can have enough land while not being completely impossible to defend, I have a perimeter wall, and range cards from both the house and the corners of the wall which would act as OP's
>>
>>31508271
not completely indefensible, but against a determined well equipt opponent you are right. Against Jamal and the dindus ill be fine.
>>
>>31508366
Personally in a suburban area I'd just try to make my house look ransacked while also trying to keep it well defended. Possibly by destroying the lower level and fortifying the upper and working out of the top half only.
>>
What worries me the most is that if someone tries to send my apartment on fire i can stop them, but if they just got 4 doors down and set that one on fire i can't stop them and it'll spread to me just the same.
>>
>>31508402
Honestly in your case, I would bug the fuck out. Personally bugging in is always my personal choice but I have crops, I have defenses, I have supplies, wells... the list goes on.

In an apartment you have ... what exactilly, you can't cultivate animals or food, limited means if ingress and egress. If I were you I would have a location picked, stockpiled and ready for you to GTFO when Jamal and Co arrives.
>>
File: appt.jpg (152KB, 836x560px)
appt.jpg
152KB, 836x560px
>>31508390
I'm lucky to have the second floor, only one way up, plus an indoor stair case to fall back to the third floor.
>>
>>31506978
>I mean, at this point, why even take the house? Why not just burn it the fuck down?

Because cowadoodie retards think that the only way to fight a war is to clear every single building you come across room by room, slicing the pie and throwing flashbangs or whatever.
>>
>>31508430
True but also only one main way out. Like I said in the post before I would suggest having a fall back location. Maybe stay in your apartment for a few weeks until most of it has settled then attempt to BO to a place far more safe and secure.
>>
>>31508427
I have a hunting camp 3 hours north of me by car or one week walk.

The issue is by this

https://www.splcenter.org/hate-map

i'm going through black panther and nation of Islam territory. If i stay where i am, nation of Islam territory.

Inna pickle desu
>>
>>31508449
Yea that's what i was thinking, close up the front door and climb down the 2nd story balcony when i wanna bug out.

good thing about having a roommate is being able to trade watch. gotta keep an eye on cars parked outside, if those get looted and fucked, i would be stuck.
>>
>all these retards discussing how to have a glorious last stand in their shitty apartment

Here's a hint: Don't fight inside of a paper-thin, extremely flammable box where everyone already knows you will be.
>>
>>31508467
Then my only other suggestion is stay ahead of the curve. If you see shit heading south there's no reason you can't take a "personal retreat to relax and find your inner self" or whichever BS excuse you can use to get out. Worst thing that could happen with that is you may have to create some BS story about how relaxing it was for your coworkers if nothing happens.
>>
>>31508487
Do you have a BOL?
>>
>>31508490
OP literally said what would you do to make it as defendable as possible.
>>
>>31508494
Uni student, so i would just miss class, no biggie. A yea staying ahead of the curve would definitely be optimal.

>>31508490
Most of us are discussing bugging out read a bit senpai
>>
>>31508507
>BOL

yea this is me
>>31508467
>>
Well then going back to my original point whether you are bugging in at your home, apartment, or at your BOB. How do you plan on defending it?
>>
>>31508536
Bug out location, I get tired of writing the whole thing every time.
>>
>>31508528
>Most of us are discussing bugging out

Then I'm not talking about you - and if I'm not talking about you, then it's probably because we agree.

Why are you getting butthurt about being agreed with?
>>
>>31508510
>what would you do to make it as defendable as possible.

Leave.

This is like asking how to avoid getting AIDS at a 500-man gangbang. The answer is...don't go.
>>
>>31508558
I understood, i was saying that this post
>>31508467

was me describing my BOL
>>
>>31508568
I know but the post was about how you will defend either your home or bug out location. Will you use booby traps or hard points, sentries, tin cans and fishing line?
>>
>>31508562
No butt hurt here friendo you just came on a bit strong.

>>31508545
Well since its a hunting cabin in the middle of a swamp priority is not being found, if we have to defend i would try setting ambushes on the one dirt road leading in.

Also just letting the cabin itself fall and hiding in the swamp and forest around it. Picking off would be looters in a guerrilla style to avoid taking losses.
>>
>>31508578
read
>>31508590

booby traps would be nice as well, but there is so much land to cover, the terrain itself is the first line of defense
>>
>>31508590
>you just came on a bit strong.

I don't give a fuck about that. I wasn't even speaking to you. You didn't even need to respond to begin with.

Fuck off with this tone policing shit you little faggot.
>>
>>31508590
I would stick with the cabin, it'll provide you safety and security as well as shelter as long as you maintain it and have a stockpile of food.

Is there only one access road and how close is the nearest civilization if you need to try and resupply of are you planning on being self sufficient?
>>
>>31508545
I think making it seem unappealing is the most important thing, which changes depending on what you're worried about. In a riot for example a dude in each window with a gun might be the way to go, in something more long term making the place seem looted and inaccessible is.
I'd personally try to block off the entrances, make it look like nobody and nothing was there and then take a roll ladder out the window when I had to leave.
>>
>>31508605
somwons a wittle cwanky
>>
>>31508609
The cabin as a living place is great but as a dense point in my opinion seems awful. its like a big cinder block coffin, also i would rather defend father out than let would be attackers even get that close

Semi self sufficient, got gardens and its a hunting cabin so hunting.

Nearest small town 15 miles, large town 31 miles
>>
>>31508646
defense*

also there are multiple roads going into the area and multiple forks of those roads, only one combo of turns takes you to the cabin.

So it is possible for someone to get lost or turned around on the ways there
>>
>>31508646
Well maybe staying in it then if you come under contact bugging out into the swamp before counterattacking. That's not an unreasonable distance if you pack food then you could hike one day then scout, scavenge the next day then walk back on the third.
>>
>>31505772
FEMA will take care of us. I wouldn't worry about it.
>>
>>31508682
... I don't know whether trolling or just retarded.
>>
>>31508670
yea that what i'm thinking, if the cabin is seen let it seems empty, keep whoever is comings guard down.

As for scavenging i would avoid that as much as possible due the the quantity of dindus in the area. At least for the first few weeks until they all kill each other.
>>
>>31506978
In general the strategy is to just blow up defensive positions like that instead of taking them with manpower. This is especially the case if collateral damage is a non-issue.
>>
>>31508688
SHTF in first world countries is just an autistic fantasy scenario
>>
File: Booby-trap-good-q_resize.jpg (54KB, 500x366px) Image search: [Google]
Booby-trap-good-q_resize.jpg
54KB, 500x366px
Vietnam Bobby trap the entire area. Bamboo trap that slams a spike into your face if door gets opened, trip wire, spike pits, alarm traps like empty cans or bells that make noises when moved to alert me , etc. I would make a wall of cover that is made up of huge piles of mud and dirt and wood for support. I would even reinforce my house using same method for cover and force one way method. What you anons think?
>>
>>31508723
Yeah because Katrina didn't happen and FEMA weren't overstretched and overburdened. Now while I don't think that the grays will be coming past any time soon, nor do I think any country would have the balls to attack the USA. Natural disasters including solar flares or even the Yellowstone super volcano are real genuine threats.
>>
>>31508271
>>31508366
>>31508390
>>31508402

You're not supposed to be inside your home clutching your rifle...you should be outside in the surrounding area like rooftop koreans...jesus christ guys this is not hard. I live in a semi rural suburb and we have literally discussed plans of blocking the entrance into the neighborhood and establishing a night watch and stuff like that.
>>
>>31505772

You get as many of your friends/family/neighbors like >>31509046

I would try to section off whatever areas I can, and come up with ways to watch for threats and plans to deal with them. I know its sounds vague but long story short, just block the likely avenues and post some dudes on the roof to watch for threats and then have a means of getting everyone's attention if these is a threat. If you burn to death in your house alone you did made a lot of mistakes beforehand. I would like to see fortifications for blocking streets and intersections.
>>
>>31509068
Ok I'll point out at this point I don't live in a suburban area, I live in a far more rural area I was merely weighing in on their discussion.
>>
so my plan is: Leave outskirts of my city with most of my gear, get to my BF's cabin out in the middle of no where and meet him and his family there. There's only one road leading to it after 3 forks and a rural highway. at the end of the road, you follow a hidden route through the forest his grandfather cut down.
plan to defend the cabin: BF and I set up a road block out of sight from the road, gaurding the hidden route to the cabin, using logs, dirt and barbed wire. It's the only way in or out. if hell breaks loose and a raiders/whatever appear (ie not a lost person) we run through the bush back to the cabin ~1km away and bunker down. I take point in the trees with my 700, he's hidden behind the BBQ stand 50 meters to my left with his nugget, and we both watch the exit of the path. Dispatch Opfor's if necessary.

At the cabin theres:
A large garden
Fresh spring water that runs all year round
solar panels and generators
lots of game
Cabin is super sturdy, excellent in the northern canadian winters, accomadates 5-8 people comfortably, + his grandparents RV.

The only other person that lives in the 50km surrounding area is a cattle farmer who's great friends with his grandfather, and would definitely be an ally.

This is all for an intense SHTF scenario, I doubt anyone would actually try to attack us there, its almost impossible to find.

Thoughts on our SHTF plan /k/?
>>
>>31509250
Sounds pretty solid, I have to say it's nice seeing homosexuality so openly expressed on /k/
>>
File: unimpressed.jpg (42KB, 620x349px) Image search: [Google]
unimpressed.jpg
42KB, 620x349px
>>31509308
not homo, im a girl...
>>
>>31509367
Not true I have heard from credible sources that girls don't exist on the internet, and if they did I would have to invoke the right of passage of tits or gtfo.
>>
>>31508605

Whos a big boy? Whos a big boy using all grown up swears?
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.