[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

remorse thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 117
Thread images: 16

File: youre old.jpg (46KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
youre old.jpg
46KB, 1280x720px
things we did or didnt do that still bother us
>want my first pistol
>only have enough for one, it'll be range toy and cc
>after much research settle on the M&P sheild and like it at first
>the internal take down lever has started to annoy me, especially after trying other pistols my brother has
>unless I use the extended mag my bottom finger dangles off
>all these recent SHTF events got me thinking I should have gotten something bigger, sometimes I worry if im under armed
>it has a safety, not my first choice but the store only had those and I was tired of waiting
Dont get me wrong, I still like it but sometimes I think I should have gotten something else
>>
>>31502983
Accidentally slammed the toggle shut on an empty chamber on a guys artillery luger at a gun show. Felt awful.
>>
Bought a M44 for $325 and a HiPoint
>>
I bought a Kel Tec KSG

> Thought it was cool because Keanu Reeves used one in John Wick
> Saw one at Gun Show. Live in NY and it's the coolest "legal" shotgun I can buy.
> Pay more than it's worth $1k on it
> Go out like an hour later
> Immediately malfunctions. Shell caught in chamber and won't eject. I have to beat the pump against trees and table lips to get the shells to eject.
> Call Kel Tec
> Call Kel Tec
> Call Kel Tec for tenth time and finally talk to someone. They say I need proof of being the original owner before they'll take it back for service or I'll pay.
> I lost the fucking receipt in the week I had the gun.
> Fuck it I'll do it myself.
> Go home and research it. Chamber is parkerized so badly every shell becomes jammed. Polish and hone it.
> Discover that forcing the shells out caused the pump arms to bend snapping a piece of the plastic loading ramps off
> Order expensive replacement part from Kel Tec
> Chamber issue is fixed but now the shells are catching on the lip of the chamber every other fucking round.
> Go home. Cannot figure out WHY
> Let it sit for a week or two because work. Kept tubes loaded because I was delusional enough to want this thing for home defense.
> Go to fuck with it again. Shells are stuck halfway in the tube, the spring is bound up.
> Complete disassembly shows me the followers are cracked and springs are weak as fuck.
> Order new followers and springs
> Wait more. Finally get them. Replace them. Things seem okay but don't keep the tubes loaded anymore, it's purely a range toy now I've come to grips with this.
> Spend upwards of 9 months on and off trying different things to stop shells from catching on the chamber lip and jamming.
> Figure it out. Bend the lifter-arms.
> That works, I go out to shoot it. Now the shells are jammed so hard between the shell stop and tube I can't get them out without completely disassembling the gun and ramming them out with a hammer.
> Buy new shell stop.
> Wait. Wait. Wait.
>>
>>31502983
just buy a bigger gun now
the shield is still a near perfect carry gun
>>
> Got the shell stop. Try it. Same thing.
> Polish it.
> Finally works.
> Polish every surface that contacts during cycling. Works better.
> Create bubba-notch in pump. Works even better.
> Finally after a year and some change it "works" and I'm always afraid to take it out of the safe because it may malfunction again at any time and trigger me.
> Still has issues. Shells can't be ejected manually from the tubes unless you push up on the bolt.
> I don't even want to fuck with it anymore now that it's working somewhat reliably.

Basically. Never buy a Kel Tec. No matter how cool they look.

Kel Tec is like if John Mosses Browning worked for Ikea. They have some great ideas but their quality control is literally on some cottage-industry level.

I ordered multiple parts from Kel-Tec and none of them were in spec with each other. It was like everything they sent me was hand made.
>>
File: 1429123017404.jpg (33KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1429123017404.jpg
33KB, 500x500px
>>31502983
>looking for my potential first gun when I was 20
>birthday was a month away, I did a lot of window shopping
>find a .32 FN model 10 at a lgs
>couldnt believe it, I had seen nothing but glocks, berettas, HKs ect
>never thought id find something cool and historic
>go back and forth, thinking its not practical
>finally say fuck it, my first gun should be special
>ask clerk it it'll still be here in a month
>"huh? oh yeah that thing? Its been here for over a year. nobody even looks at it"
>birthday comes, I walk in and its fucking gone
>"yeah sorry bud, some old guy came in and bought it last week. Tough luck"
>buy a .38 revolver instead,
>still think about the one that got away
>>
File: 1432694216232.gif (976KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1432694216232.gif
976KB, 250x250px
>>31502983
not joining the military.
I was going to go right out of high school, took the asvab, had a few options to pick from and was told I could go paratroopers if I wanted. The last second I pussied out and went to school instead. Now im in debt and taking some bullshit left wing classes teaching me about my privilege. I think I could have done reserves and had them pay for it but I wanted to go balls to the walls and be in for real
>>
File: 1470516501419.jpg (11KB, 298x292px) Image search: [Google]
1470516501419.jpg
11KB, 298x292px
>>31503169
Depending on your age, you still can. But once you're in, you're in. You change. Some more than others, but you do change.
>>
>>31503123
>>31503123
What gun?
>>
>>31503448
Nvm I'm retarded. I was just considering getting a su-16
>>
>>31503448

First entrance. Kel Tec KSG
>>
>>31503077
Yeah man never buy gen 1, let people with more money than sense (you, but this will fix that) do that for you so the company can fix the bugs on the next gen.
>>
>>31503459
I know
See>>31503458
>>
>be 18 shooting a ruger p95 i borrowed from friend.
>shoot haphazardly into the woods, with houses about 400m away. dont think a round will go past the trees.
>goes through some dudes window, and drills itself into his little daughters' headboard of her bed.
>shit bricks when he and cops show up.
>was in DEP for usmc, leaving in 2 weeks, I tell them this.
>Just get a warning and a "be more careful:
>Cringe every single time i recall it.
>>
I should have shot and killed that meth head when I was a kid, because even though I had a gun and him a tire plugging tool, I instead opted to give him the 20 because I had just gone to court for an aggravated assault charge and thought it would make me seem guilty. Turns out nope, should have shot him.

Shouldn't have cheated on my wife 17 times
Should have cheated on her and not gotten caught by being dumb
Wish I had spent more time with my father, despite the uncomfotable silences and fights, before he died.
Should have called every birthday too
Shouldn't have wasted my youth with drugs, pussy, and niggerly lifestyles because now everyone I loved is dead and I have to crawl my way out of this fucking shit hole without the safety net I always had with family.
Sold all my heirloom firearms, nothing major, rarest one was that 9.9 inch ruger .22 SA and an 1891 argentine Mauser. Still.
Wish I had punched my aunt in her fuckin mouth and kept hitting her until she became a barely breathing vegetable puttin her goddamn hands on me at my fucking fathers funeral then pulling a DNA test for his assets because apparently I wasn't his son despite him raising me to be the man I am for 25 goddamn years.
I should have stayed with my brother and gone to Iraq with him.
Shouldn't have introduced my cousin to hard drugs
Shouldn't have taught my then 17 year old girlfriend how to smoke meth or what meth was for that matter
I wish I hadn't drank that whiskey as a kid because I wanted to seem cool now I have an actual problem

I should have killed myself when my family was still alive so I wouldn't be the bad guy who abandoned everyone.
>>
File: 1427778941577.jpg (118KB, 489x350px) Image search: [Google]
1427778941577.jpg
118KB, 489x350px
>>31503429
21, I probably will when im done with school or at least look back into it
I just think about having two more years of this drivel and it makes me climb walls
>>
>>31503581
If you want to change, you can change.
>>
>>31503624
Easier to just do the same shit even faster and harder now and wait for death. Shit I've been up for 4? Days now eating amphatimes and drinkin cheap liquor.

I'd shoot myself but my girl is young and impressionable she don't need to see that shit. Bad enough I had to see it. Plus somebody's gotta clean that shit up man.
>>
File: bruh.png (657KB, 1024x651px) Image search: [Google]
bruh.png
657KB, 1024x651px
>>31503581
if it makes you feel any better im a piece of shit too
>numerous fist fights with my family, we'd argue and then start throwing punches. every time
>knocked my sister the fuck out when I was 15, only feel half bad for that
>hit my brother with a chair once, he fell off the wagon and was looking for drunken argument and I was sick of his ass so I did that
>told my mom she wasnt important to me so she has no reason to call after I moved out
>hid my big scary assault weapons from my then GF becuase she was on the fence about guns and I thought she'd think I was crazy
>hindsight this was the worse thing to do and was the first fight that led to our break up
>I wish I handt told her "I dont think about you at all" when I ran into her a few months ago. we might have worked something out

we all got our regrets
>>
Posted this before, but not for a while

>Be 5 or 6
>Live out on a farm, but don't actually farm
>Rabies is a problem.
>Find raccoon in a tree
>Tell dad
>He comes out with a bolt action .22
>We have a gun? Huh.
>Dad shoots raccun, go back to playing, never thinking about gun again
>FF about 10 years
>Searching in the basement for something
>Find rifle behind some old work bench
>Stock is all but rotted off
>Barrel is 70% rust
>tfw my dad got it from his dad, but I'll never be able to give it to my kids
>>
>>31503581
>I should have killed myself when my family was still alive so I wouldn't be the bad guy who abandoned everyone.

You still would have been the selfish pos that abandoned everyone. Every thing that has happened has been your fault. Man the fuck up and take control of your life.
>>
>>31503463

It wasn't gen one. It was a brand new 2016 production date. I bought it last September.
>>
>>31503672
Shit sucks man, stay strong, stuff will sort itself out somehow
>>
>>31503005
So other than a loud clack and a scare, does it actually do any damage to them?
>>
File: 7890789-789.jpg (3MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
7890789-789.jpg
3MB, 2448x3264px
>>31502983
>noguns want to be hasguns
>budget a low as possible incase I hate it and because I was afraid it would be so complicated I would break something and render it worthless
>/k/ convinces me a bulgy mak is an unstoppable hulk of simple parts that will never fail and is pretty cheap
>wait a week for it in the mail
>open package
>COSMO
>COSMO EVERYWHERE
>again ask /k/ for advice on how to remove it
>"just cooked your gun lol"
>"just cook off half the bluing" is what I did
>shot nice but was heavier then survivors guilt and only had 8+1 making it a very iffy CCW
>sell it at a $250 loss to some random /k/ommando with a metric shit load of ammo and bought a glock instead

Much much happier with the G19. I did like that little gun but it really is more of a novelty weapon then a practical everyday carry.
>>
>>31502983
Heres my story.
>Bought a 'spensive HK USP .40
>fell for the 9mm is too weak meme
>fell for the 45 is too low capacity meme
>later realize both are great and i should have bought either one over .40
>want to sell it but nobody is as stupid as me to buy it.
>>
>>31503077
Couldn't you have called up the dealer and asked for a receipt?
>>
>>31502983
Buying a No. 4 Mk 1
>>
>>31502983
>remorse thread
>things we did or didnt do that still bother us
>>want my first pistol
>>only have enough for one, it'll be range toy and cc
>>after much research settle on the M&P sheild and like it at first
>>the internal take down lever has started to annoy me, especially after trying other pistols my brother has
>>unless I use the extended mag my bottom finger dangles off
>>all these recent SHTF events got me thinking I should have gotten something bigger, sometimes I worry if im under armed
>>it has a safety, not my first choice but the store only had those and I was tired of waiting
>Dont get me wrong, I still like it but sometimes I think I should have gotten something else
Don't fret, OP. The Shield is still a great CC gat. I have the safety version too because I got mine before no safety was an option. I just never turn it on and pretend it doesn't exist.
>>
>>31502983
To be honest, a Glock 19, FNS-9 or any 9mm double stack pistol of their size would have been a better choice if you were looking for versatility. However, you already paid for the M&P Shield - which is still a great gun by the way - so your only options are to sell it to fund a new pistol or just buy another one. You will lose a lot of money with the former option, so go with the latter, preferably used.
>>
>turn 18
>buy meh-tier AR (stag) before all the panic buying
>shortly after, run into unexpected money issues
>have to sell it at a decent loss
>only fun left is a .22 bolt action
>>
>>31504676
>at a $250 loss

What the fuck did you spend on it?

I just bought one today for $250
>>
>>31504958
850 rounds of ammo, case and ayylmao holster.
>>
>>31504724
This reminds me of one of my 3.

1st:
>Be neckbeard who loves CS
>Decide to get a USP because muh CTs
>See USP tacticals listed at Buds Gun Shop for "only" $1100
>Buds sends me a jamtastic piece of shit
>Try to fix it for months but nothing works
>HK claims nothing's wrong when I warranty it
>Test it with various mags, extractors, ammo, different shooters, etc, it still jams at least once per magazine
>Unhelpful fags on the internet claim it must be due to limpwristing
>No other .45 I own has this problem. Nor 10mm. Nor .50 AE, etc. The gun is just shit and HK won't fix it
>Pawn it for $600 and buy a VP9 because I'm a fucking consumer whore
>Runs perfectly, love it
>MAC torture test video posts 3 days later

2nd:
>Decide to do a Samurai Edge build because the LGS near me is doing an anniversary sale/raffle and 92FS are on sale
>Annoying faggot behind me in line who won't stfu wins the raffle, of course
>Buy 92FS and shoot it exactly 2 times, love it
>After a few weeks though my autism gets the better of me and I get pissed it's not a Brigadier every time I look at it
>Sell it at a loss to a friend who doesn't have an HD gun
>He bubbas it with some el cheapo aftermarket rail grips

3rd:
>Decide to get into rifles
>Fell for the Arsenal AK meme
>Canted sights to the point it almost can't be zeroed. "Oh well, no big deal! I'll get a red dot" I think.
>Go to put on a shiny new aimpoint a week later...side rail is fucking canted too, not in line on any dimension, touches the dustcover
>Look into getting a gunsmith to fix it up
>Fixing it is more expensive than just selling it on Armslist and buying an AR
>Sell it to creepy fat mexican in a Wal-mart parking lot for $50 less than I paid for it
>Bought a DD m4v11 instead
>Gun is actually as advertised and functions correctly
>So used to shitty purchases that I don't feel right without the buyer's remorse
>>
>>31504676
How smol and weak are you to not be able to cc a mak? Lol
>>
>>31505165
I can but for the same weight I got a double stack polymer modern gun with double the capacity. Why take a heavy as balls single stack if you can get more boolet or get something equally thin and far lighter?
>>
>>31502983
Guys I'm at a real fork in the road right now, I have been planning to join the army national guard for months and been training. I was going to sign up in two weeks but I got a call from some friends I know. They plan to go to Europe and fight in Greece with golden dawn. They tell me the guard has nothing to offer that they can't, what do I do?
>>
>>31505177
Single stack plus extra mag faggot
>>
>>31505188
>carry even MORE weight and get an additional holster for another single stack magazine for an already too heavy gun

It isn't like my knees are buckling like I am fucking Atlas but the drag on the belt is noticeable and if I am taking that much weight with me it makes no sense to waste it on an inferior weapon.
>>
>>31505187
Go fight in Europe Anon. Stay in shape while removing kebab. If that falls apart come back and sign up.
>>
>trying to get the barrel nut off my AR so I can put a free float handguard on there
>"vice blocks are for pussies lol, a little tape and it'll be fiiiine."
>turns out vice blocks ain't actually for pussies
>barrel nut was on much tighter than expected, wasn't even able to get it off
>warped receiver while monkeying on the barrel nut
>had to buy a whole new upper for my troubles

I ended up selling that AR of more than I put into it (sans the fucked upper) So there's that.

smaller, unrelated fuck ups
>repaired the stock on a T53 with JB weld (fixed it later)
>Set an unloaded pistol down pointing across the firing line
>impulse bought most of my firearms just to sell them a few months later
>>
>>31505187

>free college
>be a terrorist

Real fucking hard choice there.

Listen, I don't have a dog in this race, Greece is like Weimar Germany, it's either the Communists or the Fascists, both are terrorists, and you should definitely avoid them both at all costs.

If you just have to fight someone else's war, fight for the Kurds, they're less terrible AND they remove Turkroach.
>>
>>31504676
Any mak that isn't a CZ82 can suck deez nuts.
>>
>>31505264

>if being a terrorist doesn't work out, come back home and join the US Army

No, if he goes over there and fights against a NATO government he will be a fugitive from not only Greece and the US, but every country in between. He can never come home once he leaves.
>>
>>31505065
Man, stop being such a fuckup. My two ARMSLIST deals are less shitty than whatever the fuck you're buying.

If you're the first owner and it's shit off the shelf, then you have to raise a stink and get the manufacturer to send you a new one. I mean, ~$500 for a 15 minute phone call. Fuck if I got paid $500 every 15 minutes I'd be set.
>>
>>31504676
same, ive bought a lot of novelty stuff and ended up not using it and seeling it
>makarov
>two high end 1911s
>hi power
>derringer
>a 3rd AR

im such an impulse shopper, but im getting better. I really prefer simplistic guns
>>
>25 on sunday
><graduated 2 years ago and havent found a good position in law enforcement
>working in a gun shop for time being, been there almost a year now
>i enjoy it to a certain degree
>$35k in student debt, thanks obama

if i didnt get a good # of grants and financial help, i would have enlisted, and looking back on it, maybe that was the right choice
>>
>>31503700
Mine is when I was a kid
>dad worked a lot
>used to bring home toy planes periodically
>brought a blackbird home
>I threw a fit, told him it was ugly and threw it at a wall

I was only 6 or so but I instantly knew I hurt my dad.

22 and I still cringe over it
>>
File: 1473833170583.jpg (78KB, 896x525px) Image search: [Google]
1473833170583.jpg
78KB, 896x525px
>>3150526 their biggest argument is that they have people who can train me in guerilla warfare, and that I would be in the history books, at the very least fighting for something real. Not some war for Israel or the like. It really gets to me.
>>
>>31505187
>join a reserve group that will teach you how to actually be a soldier, pay for school and give you life long benefits and opurtunities
or
>fuck around with your friends for a month, get your asses kicked and at best end up running home crying with your tail between your legs or at worst be the next beheading video on live leak
the fact that you eve have to ask means you should join your friends and rid yourself from the gene pool
>>
>>31505410
>not having 35k in the bank at 25
step up senpai
>>
>>31505434
Man, the regretting reservists are going hard-out today. Did they pick on you for not seeing combat, or do you just feel like overcompensating?
>>
>>31505434
I believe in the cause greatly, and they told me that I would not learn Taliban tactics in the army, they told me to read a book called "tactics of the crescent moon"
>>
>>31505404
I did warranty the USP, they just said it wasn't broken even though I watched 5 different shooters experience the same issue. The 92FS still runs to this day, so there was no problem to warranty; it was just a slightly wrong model that aggravated me. The Arsenal I probably could have gotten warranty on, but I had just earned a massive raise at work so I didn't give enough of a shit about it to bother.

I should probably see a shrink about it but I am legit willing to lose hundreds of dollars if it means I don't have to talk on the phone. I don't know why. I have no trouble speaking face to face but as soon as I start a phone call, the only thing I want is for it to end.
>>
>>31505474
A book won't teach you what going into the mountains and living in a cave with your AK would.
>>
>>31505429
>>31505454
>>31505474

>actually defending being a terrorist for neo-fascists

Fantastic dude, go ahead, I mean, don't let me stop you.

How about you go ahead and go like, right now? Go fight the system, man. Take back what is rightfully yours. Start the Revolution! For the Fatherland!

Go, go forth and prosper.
>>
>>31505493
Remember when they used to call 'em neo-cons?

I know with all this made-up alt-right pepe fascism people get swept up in the narrative, but don't you remember a time when it was about jews?

Pepperidge Farm remembers.
>>
>>31505486
It is about jews, but it's about taking back whats been taken first
>>
>>31505437
dammit youre right i should have sold drugs like the other kids at school
>>
>>31505474

>cause

Of fucking up, firebombing, and murdering migrants and other defenseless folks while greasing the palms of the police? Wow, how honorable.

You're human scum. You deserve to fight for them, you deserve to see the fruit of your toil. Go, go fight for "Greece"

You're a thug, and you have no spine. The Golden Dawn is basically Greek Lives Matter mixed with the Mob. It's disgusting.
>>
>>31505549
>not compounding interest since legal age of employment
Gaijin pls....
>>
>>31505521
>Pepperidge Farm remembers.
kek
>>
>>31504586
Only in the minds of people on /k/
>>
>>31505521

It's just funny, that these people will defend a violent ideology that condones the wholesale slaughter of groups of people in the name of "freedom"

Don't they realize that it's never worked? It's the same as the Worker's Rebellions of the 20th century, once they run out of "Capitalist pigdogs" to oppress and strip of rights and property, they turn on their own to cement power, and install a tyrant or oligarchy just as bad or worse.

Unless a Revolution is truly democratic in nature, there is no freedom to be gained.
>>
>>31503615

Just finish off an associate's degree, trade cert or something and go do what you want

I'm 23 and thinking of enlisting, my life is going nowhere and I want to go through college without the debt, or just use it as a reset button
>>
>>31505482
I dunno, if it's their fault, and you can bring up a credit card or bank statement of original owner, it just takes a moderate amount of stern talking-to (i.e. customer bitching) to get your shit straight.

I bought a second-hand Uberti Cattleman 12-shot 22lr single action army revolver on gunbroker. Shit wasn't shooting straight, so I sent it in to Benelli (apparently they cover Uberti's shit in the states). After getting it back, having a piss-poor re-do of the gun, I shot them a strongly-worded e-mail. They said send it in, I got a new gun, and now I'm golden.

I don't feel good about being confrontational, or making a business lose out on its profit margin, but you have to do what you have to do. IMO it sounds like you kinda bitched out instead of getting your shit fixed or a replacement.
>>
>>31505474
>wants to learn Taliban tactics
>the guys who terrorize Afghanistan and fought our soldiers for over a decade
I hope you get double-tapped in a drone strike.

To the rest of /k/, thankyou for reminding me that a lot of the crazyness people say around around here is just shit posting, by telling this faggot off for wanting to go and be a terrorist.
>>
>>31505596
It's always been the ruling class playing the small in cases where action of violence begets power.

Still doesn't detract from a grunt getting oo-rah.

By the way, there will always be a ruling class. All revolutions are the second class playing the low class to overthrow the first class to gain its place. Kind of like how the ideal of socialism is flawed. You give every person 100 dollars, but by the end of the month, two or three will have a million and the majority will be broke.
>>
>>31503581
You're a total piece of shit, dude.
>>
>>31505645
Oh I definitely bitched out. I'm a filthy millennial that needs instant gratification. Waiting weeks for warranty service is just not in the cards for me. I can't even order things off Amazon 90% of the time because shipments sometimes get pushed to Monday if they don't make it before the weekend hits.
>>
>>31505756
Can't tell if sarcasm, but having the "balls" to go through this ballbreaking phone/mail/electronic bullshit will usually get you out on top, if not just to get you to fuck off and stop annoying them.
>>
>>31505686

But you understand the difference between genocidal fascism and a capitalist democracy, right?
>>
>>31505817
Capitalistic deomcracy can beget genocidal fascism. They are not mutually exclusive.

>not implying the state of affairs in the world isn't completely fucked
>>
File: PA253402s.jpg (799KB, 1984x1200px) Image search: [Google]
PA253402s.jpg
799KB, 1984x1200px
>>31502983
>similar position to you
>decide on P99C since I should be able to get finger extensions/ easy to CC
>finger extensions are $15 if you can find them
>mags are $35-45
>holsters aren't very plentiful
>much less holsters with light allowances in them

Good gun though
Looks cool with a CTL on it
>>
>>31505858

Are.. you implying that having a democracy that gradually becomes more reactionary due to economic stagnation and a non-involved voter base is the same as fighting for an openly fascist faction? Because it's not.
>>
>>31505917
Neither are mutually exclusive either. The power class will throw its weight while the "non-involved" will have their bread and circuses, which to update the term would be: McDonald's and Netflix.
>>
>filming amateur movie junk in college
>wellp we need someone to get shot now, bring a gun anon
>Well okay
>check, double check, triple check, quadruple check, etc gun
>5,000% certain it's clear
>check again anyway, clear
>scene comes up
>draw, aim, pull trigger
>click
>the way he falls was too realistic, like the scene from black lagoon
>everything is fine, business as usual
>six years later, I still feel dirty about it
>>
>>31505963

Are you comparing modern America with the openly fascist and borderline genocidal Golden Dawn? Because they're definitely not even in the same realm.

You're trying to sound really smart, like you see the big picture, but you're coming off as a dumbass.
>>
>>31505917
Oh, but yes, I do imply that. That those of the same nation are both accountable despite one party being indifferent.
>>
>>31505988
I'm not sure of what the Golden Dawn entails and do not wish to look it up at this instant. We're getting off tangent here. I guess I'll try to state my main point in headline mode:

The United States is a global power that looks after its interest, and the government in charge of doing such actions is not directly accountable to its people, despite the designation of what it was supposed to do. This does result in extreme factors of what we've discussed such as wonton killings in the name of the state, etc.
>>
>>31505990

>yes

Then you're stupid.

>>31506035

No, you're way off point, we're talking about Greece and it's internal politics. Foreign policy is another can of worms I'd prefer not to get into.

The anon I've been talking to is talking about fighting for a fascist organization in Greece, and I'm telling him why that's a... great idea for him to leave here, immediately.
>>
>innaLGS
> eyeballing the MSRs
>see a familiar, unfamiliar receiver
>a galil
>a real one
>bayonet lug
>ask to see the galil
>fudds behind the counter have no clue what I'm talking about
>point at it
>takes them three tries to find it
>finger fuck it
>price $400
>four hundred dollars
>ask if it comes with any magazines
>"no."
>ask why
>"some kid brought this in as is. No magazines. It's just a chop shop AK, so we put it on consignment."
>I get paid in four days. Can you hold it until then?
>"We can't do that with consignments sir."
>I had $400 in the bank but not much more.
>It'll still be there
>everyone in this town is stupid anyway
>come back friday
>someone smarter than me bought it
>I deserve this pain
>>
>>31506062
Oh shit niggah. Disregard everything I'm saying, I'm talking about the United States.
>>
>>31506075

Yeah the US is a lot more complicated, which I'd love to talk about, later, and not here.

But basically I'm telling this guy that fighting for the Golden Dawn is a terrible, terrible idea.
>>
>>31506103
To be amicable, I know nothing about Greece.

Being close to former Soviet satellite states (i.e. gun running), and being anti-taxpaying, I assume there's a lot of business taken into personal hands. In one paragraph, what's it like over there for politics, guns, and life in general?
>>
>>31506156

Basically post cold war there was a large amount of US and EU investment cash and that coupled with a booming tourist industry meant the standard if living for the average Greek citizen increased dramatically.

That also meant that the government had a large amount of new sources of revenue, and spent large amounts of money on infrastructure projects and social services. When the global economy collapsed on 2008, it meant tourism and investments dried up, but the aging population refused to allow their social services to be cut, which caused the budget to go extremely negative, and led multiple bailouts by the EU.

Now the austerity measures are extremely unpopular, utilities and infrastructure are in decay, they can't afford to deal with the migrant problem, they can't afford to keep street lights on, and they have cut back on government jobs, which was the largest employer in Greece.

This has led to a rise in fascist and communist extremists who have a large following among the now expanded underclass. The coalition of moderate parties is struggling to maintain order against these fringe groups.

Gun laws are alright. You need resonate cause to get a gun license, personal protection is an allowable cause. Open carry is allowed in many places without a permit required.

Lot of old people, shit is expensive, nobody has money or a job.
>>
>>31506386
I see. I know about Greece becoming one of the PIIGS, but didn't know the dynamic of time period. Kind of like our Baby Boomer generation going onto Social Security, draining the country's wealth, then populist groups rising up to try and overthrow because of currency irresolvance.

Well, don't worry there, I believe the U.S. is about 30 years until that happens and then the shit dikes open, like when the USSR fell.

Good luck on your part, most of us are just treading water.
>>
>>31506483

>baby boomer

It's different because once they're dead, you'll be fine. In Greece the population is only increasingly old. The US is more fluid, as an outside observer I can tell you the US is much more resilient. This too, shall pass for you.

Greece is a sinking ship.
>>
>>31506613
The dynamics of the governmental programs of social secuirty and medicare make your claims seem more doubtful.

Either way, it seems both our countries have invested heavily in the now-generation to keep and take care of them, on the backs of the younger who will need to take care of now both themselves and the burden of others.
>>
>>31506661

From what I understand your social net is much smaller.

The retirement here *was* equivalent to a middle class income. All healthcare was comped by the state. The government also paid for most schooling and unemployment paid better than many entry level positions.

It's seriously fucked, although the US is looking increasingly reactionary, which is scary, and with an attempted coup in Turkey, I worry about the possibility of a coup here now. I don't particularly like our government, but austerity is the only way to prevent economic collapse.
>>
File: 1472260788976.jpg (69KB, 600x379px)
1472260788976.jpg
69KB, 600x379px
>live in CA
>bought a couple scary rifles on gunbroker at the beginning of the month
>I need rifles "converted" to make them comply with CA's laws
>I had them shipped to a out-of-state FFL known to perform conversions
>FFL gets a lot of volume from CA buyers, looking for similar conversions
>FFL takes forever to respond to emails, and even longer to perform said conversions
>whataremychoices.eroteme
>Both guns and my first email were sent almost a month ago
>FFL never responded
>I've sent an email/message once every few days
>still no response
>last email sent was a week ago
>No response
>I have a little over $3000 worth of firearms in his possession, with zero communication between us two, despite my repeated attempts to reach out to him
>The only reason why I haven't been more aggressive with my inquiry or pursued an investigation of his lack of communication is that this FFL has a very well known reputation for CA gun buyers, and has pulled through with some amazing work
>he says on his personal blog that he received 100 firearms on Wednesday, and not to contact him until next week
>100 firearms in one day
>100 firearms
>100
>one day

I regret sending him any business. I knew that turnover time was going to be long, but I didn't expect to be practically ignored for almost a month with almost $3000 worth of guns in limbo. Regardless of volume or workload, I think it's extremely bad business to ignore communication with customers. If you need someone dedicated to communicating with customers, you hire someone to do it. But it also doesn't help that Californians are in full panic mode now, since the referendums failed to get enough signatures. Every lemming and his dog is trying to get their scary black gun before Jan 1st
>>
>>31503169
Honestly you didn't miss out on much if you're talking post 2008.
>FTX
>boring ass morning brief
>the same brief you had yesterday
>showing up 15 min early and wait
>waiting in line
>rushing from place to place to wait around
>servicing your vehicles
>cleaning weapons
>career NCO's who dodge deployments
It was not thrilling
>>
>>31504676
>Makarovs are heavy
Women can CC Maks, whats wrong with you?
>>
>>31505410
You can still enlist, anon. Or go officer. Army has a student loan repayment program. Go do it.
>>
>>31506733
sage post: going to bed, but good insight of the goings-on on your side of the world. Good talk.
>>
File: 1433393082647.gif (981KB, 342x239px) Image search: [Google]
1433393082647.gif
981KB, 342x239px
>>31502983
>he didn't get the Shield with no thumb safety
>>
File: 1475089332977.jpg (55KB, 416x416px) Image search: [Google]
1475089332977.jpg
55KB, 416x416px
I sold my Ruger GP100 to pay for some unexpected expenses. I'm a poorfag but saved up for it over a couple of months and manged to buy it and some ammo. I absolutely loved it. It was the first real non-low end gun I had. It wasn't the lightest and didn't have the best trigger or shiniest finish, but it was my favorite.
>>
.223 wssm nuff said.
>>
File: 1473021762903.jpg (682KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1473021762903.jpg
682KB, 1200x1200px
My only remorse is not joining the army cause i just been doing manual labor and fast food for the last four years but then again i was a skinny fat when i graduated so eh.
>>
>>31504772
I have no regrets on my No1 Mk3

I bought a Siamese mauser for 199.99 I almost regret buying it if it wasn't for everything on the gun is in Thai and it's a bolt action with a dust cover that goes over the bolt
>>
>>31505482
fuck phone calls
>>
>>31503615
Go in as an officer. Enlisted is bullshit. Go air force or navy also.
>>
>>31505412
>SR-71
>ugly
kill yourself.
>>
>>31508928
I didn't say I still held that opinion. I was literally a child then
>>
File: 8rdsoffun.jpg (9KB, 650x135px) Image search: [Google]
8rdsoffun.jpg
9KB, 650x135px
Sold my rhodie auto-5 to a rhodieboo for 2000 dollars.
>>
>>31502983
>wanted my own .22
>instead of getting a henry golden boy, 10/22, or marlin 60 I wanted an AK
>get pic related
>extractor is dogshit especially when it FTFs or FTEs
>disassembly is pants on head retarded and wicked complicated
>but its still pretty accurate and I like AK sights
>would get rid of it if I could, but since it was a gift and not a complete piece of shit, id still rather keep it

also got a P22 as a first .22 pistol. and even though its not that great and made out of crushed coke cans its still pretty fun. firing it sideways is my favorite way to blow thru a couple of mags. I would've waited a few years for the SR22 had I know ruger would crank it out.
>>
>>31504586
Doubtful, but the face that man made at me still haunts me. Like a kicked his Ferrari or something.
>>
>>31505493
>>31505551
>>31505596
>>31505678

Massively, irrevocably triggered.
>>
>>31510601
>cc sr22
>mfw
>>
>>31503581

I know people throw this around on here a lot, but this time when I say kys, I mean it. Literally kill yourself if half this stuff is true.

>getting a 17 year old girl hooked on meth
>now still dating a girl who is "too young to see you kill yourself"

Pedo scum
>>
>>31503169
Same man, I made a 91 on the ASVAB, but I decided to go to college. Ended up failing all of my classes, because I couldn't go to class without leaving. Diagnosed with malignant polyps and was sitting blood until last january.
>>
>>31505576

>compounding interest
>interest
>giving a bank your money for them to invest at a far higher rate of return because they have brassier balls than you and accepting the barely over the rate of inflation trickle down they give you for your trouble

On mobile so I don't have my image folder, but imagine I posted laughingsluts.jpg
>>
>>31510799
This.
>>
>One time I was hanging out with a girl playing video games.
>I was sitting on the floor by the t.v.
>She was laying on the bed.
>She asked me if I wanted to fuck.
>Think she's messing with me so I tell her to show me her pussy.
>Pulls down her shorts and shows me.
>Unpause game and keep playing.

I think I might kind of regret buying that sword.
>>
>>31505621
I need a bachelors do to what I want to do, I wouldnt be here otherwise
>>31508832
also thinking this. the airguard was pretty cool with me
>>
>trying to strip mosin dad bought me at 16
>don't know shit
>manage to get the rings that hold the wood together off
>Fuck up the finish so bad
>chip part of wood
>feels bad

I should refinish it
Thread posts: 117
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.