[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: dsi5qappgczd560zzfce.jpg (329KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
dsi5qappgczd560zzfce.jpg
329KB, 1280x960px
Why
>>
>>31501884
Why what?
>>
why not?
>>
>>31501884
That's a big building.
>>
20x SLBM's with ten warheads each.
>>
>>31501884
Because they're too expensive to operate and Russia is producing smaller more econimic and modern subs.
>>
>To assure mutual destruction.

Why are Russian Phalic symbols always wider than US Phalic symbols?
>>
>>31502718
>Why are Russian Phalic symbols always wider than US Phalic symbols?
Less advanced secondary and primary naval nuclear reactor technology, for one. Overbuilding for pressure and shock to offset a heavy disadvantage in avoiding detection and detecting USN boats for the other, making them more resistant to weapons and deeper diving.
>>
>>31501884
Becaush nuclear misshilsh don't react well to bulletshs.
>>
>>31502797
I... vould xave lieked... to see Montana
>>
>>31502746
>Less advanced secondary and primary naval nuclear reactor technology, for one.
BS. Alfa-class watches and laughs on you.
>heavy disadvantage in avoiding detection
Another bullshit.
Soviets didn't have decent solid fuel ICBMs. Typhoon-class was created for R-39 missile which was fucking HUGE.
>>
>>31502943

;_;7
>>
>>31503026
>Alfa-class watches and laughs on you.
Lead-Bismuth FAST reactor tech was both a complete dead end for naval reactors, and the only practical area which the Soviet Union explored in more depth than the USN, quite probably because Rickover believed it to be a dead end from the beginning after the disadvantages of the liquid sodium cooled reactors became fully evident.

There's a reason the Alfas as a class lasted only just over 11 years on average in commission, and why they were first on the chopping block to be cut when the budget dropped out.

In every other naval reactor-crucial technology metric and system, the USN got there first, and stayed well ahead of the Soviets:
>natural circulation output levels, including propulsion
>every single power to mass and power to volume metric for both core and secondary systems
>safety record
>average length of service and average interval between refueling
>lowest noise radiation levels

>Another bullshit.
Anon, you can feel free to find a decent source suggesting that the Soviets had an edge in noise radiation reduction in submarines, but you're going to be looking a long, long time.
>>
>>31502943
Yer av'rage ruskie, son, don't take a dump without a plan...
>>
>>31502656
UUUU
>>
>>31504349
THE GODDAMN COOK

every time I see it, all I hear now is A FUCKING LEAF
>>
File: wojak sanders commie.png (94KB, 730x486px) Image search: [Google]
wojak sanders commie.png
94KB, 730x486px
>>31502656
For the proletariat.
>>
File: you're the man now dawg.gif (607KB, 200x161px) Image search: [Google]
you're the man now dawg.gif
607KB, 200x161px
One ping only please.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.