[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

To Vetetans of war, what do you think of FPS games and its portrayal

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: MW2-Stimulus-Package-Bailout.jpg (865KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
MW2-Stimulus-Package-Bailout.jpg
865KB, 1280x720px
To Vetetans of war, what do you think of FPS games and its portrayal of war? Do any of you play FPS games?
>>
Is that a famas
>>
>>31500944
Yes, call of duty is just like war.
>>
>>31500952
I knew it!

Normandy to nam, i was there.
>>
>>31500944
super realistic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5tRNs2X5Q4
>>
>>31500944
You know the mission where you're in a c130? And you are all like DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA! It's exactly the same, just spread that mission out over 2 years.
>>
>>31500951
No, it's an AT4 you nigger.
>>
Not enough fixing of broken shit with shit.
>I WANT 1st PERSON POG!!!!
Then you will come and see....
>ALSO THAT FORCE ON FORCE RAPE!
I want to see that bloody rectums and diseased dick n pussy.
>never saw that in a FPS...

Thinking LA Noir......
>>
>>31501110
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NjsPtXzYv8
>>
I am one to break out the scratch and sniff card for the fight on the trash pile.

Also taser zaps for 1 on 1 "vr duels".

>drinking game is worse... FYI..
BAARRRFFFFF
Still so hung over!!!
>>
>>31500944
I play FPS, but I am in my mid 30's.
I did a few combat tours, and actually saw combat.
FPS leave a lot out, like the gear wearing at your body for hours, the sweat, the heat or cold (protip, it gets cold in the middle east in the winter, dont throw out your winter boots).
But FPS does kinda help with the basics of CQB and gun fighting. Obviously your not getting muscle memory, but you learn to pie corners, use cover and concealment, "look up" from time to time/head on a swivle, and to mkve from cover to cover.
>>
>>31500944

Yeah, it's great. Just some improvements could be made to make it really life-like.
You should be made to wait hours upon hours on position where nothing happens. You should be made to try and swing at mosquitoes on night watch while trying not to fall asleep. You should have friendly artillery that is more dangerous than your own. You should have retarded fire team mates that forego any and all camouflage discipline (lighting smokes at night, etc.). You should have particles of shit all over your gear, so that even when you clean out your rifle, you will still insert shit in with your magazines. And so on.
>>
>>31500944
They're not realistic but who gives a fuck? I don't like them personally, I've grown out of shooters. But a lot of people find them fun, which is the purpose of a game.
>>
>>31501157
Didn't get so cold that the winter boots were needed in Kandahar but all depends on location for climate experience. Spot on for gear issues also not enough dicks drawn on stuff
>>
>>31501157
this

Sitting on your couch doesn't exactly replicate running around in full kit dealing with being thirsty, exhausted, hot/cold, tired, dirty, smelly, scared, working as a team, seeing traumatic shit, becoming almost deaf after the first few shots, etc etc

A video game is just that, a game on a screen. It'd be more realistic to go play paintball or airsoft.
>>
>>31501686
>not enough dicks drawn on stuff
do you mean in the game or in real life? In games, not enough to keep realism. In real life waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyy too many.
In Bagdhad it snowed in Dec, in Bagrham everything froze, in the mountians I hear there will be several feet of snow and my old 1SG said he used to have an old hide spot in an ice cave near the Paki border....but in Egypt I want snorkeling on Christmas and New Years day.
>>
>>31501818
My winter loving ass would have been dancing about with that weather. As for dicks game of course real life they are everywhere nato wants to be
>>
FPS' can never emulate the most important factor of real warfare, which is the fear of dying.

People make very different decisions when faced with real instinct-triggering life-threatening danger.

The sound of actual bullets moving past you super sonic is very different than what is portrayed in anything, save maybe Arma 3. And even then you aren't worried about dying. It's startling when you realize that little chunk of copper and lead can kill you, just turn your lights out, and you wouldn't even see it coming. They sting, they are hot, they tear up shit they hit, like fingers, and ruin humans for life. I remember the first time seeing rifle rounds splashing around me and my feet and thinking, wow that really kills people? Few hours later and I had 4 bodies to deal with.

That doesn't even touch on explosives. The explosion isn't just sound. It's physical. All of the shrapnel that comes with it just goes fucking everywhere, spraying you in places you don't like messed with and reminding you that you are powerless to stop it.

So, no, not really.
>>
>are fps games like war

>Is a nurse a doctor?
>>
>>31500951
guy on left has famas. forefront gun is ump 45
>>
>>31500944
>>>/lgbt/
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.