[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Milsurp, PCC, or Levergun

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: CZ-6.jpg (154KB, 900x450px) Image search: [Google]
CZ-6.jpg
154KB, 900x450px
I'm in the market for a new gun, and I was looking at 3 different styles of gun to buy.

I want some form of milsurp but ammunition for the K31 is fairly expensive and only comes in batches. I absolutely loathe the Mosin, and I'd be hard-pressed to find a Mauser that isn't obscenely overpriced.

With a PCC I'd either buy a Cx4 storm or a CZ Scorpion Carbine, and I have plenty of 9mm laying around.

The lever gun would be more of a range toy, but I was considering a .45-70 rifle of soem sort.

I'm pretty indecisive, and while I love the history or having a Milsurp rifle, not being able to shoot it often is a crutch. I'd honestly like to keep as few calibers as possible.
>>
Between those choices I'd say go for the CZ Scorpion and SBR it if you can in your state.
>>
>>31492683
I'm not old enough to SBR IIRC.
>>
>>31492743
I may be wrong and by all means correct me if I am but I think if your old enough for the gun your old enough to have it. Again I may be wrong but that's what I heard.
>>
>>31492771
I thought you had to be 21 to SBR.
>>
you could get a yugo capture german mauser. theyre cheaper and generally in better condition than RC mausers.
a yugo mauser is another option
>>
>>31492777
https://www.guntrustlawyer.com/2015/05/can-an-18-year-old-build-an-sbr-sbs-or-other-nfa-firearm.html

This is what I found. There could be different state laws which could vary but it sounds like nationally there is nothing to prevent you from making an SBR unless something changed I'm unaware of
>>
>>31492771
You have to be 21 to buy nfa items from ffl under federal law.

If he sbrs the pistol version he'd have to buy a pistol, most states you must be 21 to buy a handgun.

To get a carbine version SBR'd he'd have to send it off to a smith to do it, which means messing with a ffl
>>
>>31492829
I'm pretty sure trusts got busted back in April by the BATFE/Obama Admin.

>>31492902
That's what I thought, but I'd rather not deal with the federal nonsense currently. I just want something that's fun and practical out of the box.
>>
Bump

I really enjoyed shooting the Cx4, but it's pretty expensive.
>>
>>31492606
>.45-70
>range toy

Unless you reload and make your loads super light, it is not a pleasant caliber to shoot. .45-70 leverguns make great bear/skinwalker defense and hunting guns.

If you want a range toy, get a .44mag or .30-30.
>>
>>31496739
The Marlin I shot in .45-70 was actually quite pleasant. The Pedersoli Sharps I'm looking at even moreso.

Ammo is fucking expensive though.
>>
>>31497912
What kinda loads were you using?

It's ridiculously expensive to shoot unless you reload or know someone who does
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.