[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Drone Explosives

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 6

File: 1474897035243.jpg (99KB, 960x898px) Image search: [Google]
1474897035243.jpg
99KB, 960x898px
Do they work? I'm surprised I don't hear more talk about this on the news - the possibility of a terrorist attaching a small explosive to one of these things and flying them in somewhere.
>>
>>31489209

I suddenly have a craving for double mint gum.
>>
>>31489209
Cost/effect to get a decent drone capable of carrying the weight and going the distance wouldn't be worth it. A $10 backpack saves you time and money.
>>
>>31489250

Really? A $10 backpack? That still means you have to walk your happy ass on down the block and leave it there for everyone to see on camera. Why not just set up on a roof a few miles away and fly your drone in, destroying the evidence in the process?
>>
>>31489279
Well if you want to carry more than a hand grenade you need to pay a lot. For ~18lbs of lift and ~18 minutes of flight you're looking at a $1,500 drone.
>>
>>31489308

So you're telling me that all one of these guys would have to do is drop a couple grand on a high quality, commercially available drone, strap a bomb to it, and they would be off to the races?
>>
>>31489337
After they register it (iirc required for big drones) and fill out flight plans, sure they could.
>Woah looks like someone used a drone to blow shit up
>welp, lets look at our handy list of drone pilots in the area
>knock knock
>mister anon where is your drone?
>uhhhhhhhhhh........ boating accident?
>>
>>31489364

Oh ok, so it's not like you just take out your new drone without filling out detailed information about yourself and your intentions.
>>
>>31489377
Like I said if they figure out a drone delivered a bomb they're going to round up every drone owner in the area for questioning. Having a missing drone is going to look quite suspicious.
>>
>>31489337
>Buy couple thousand dollar drone
>Strap bomb to it
>Explode X
>Everyone immediately knows who the fuck did it because only 6 people bought that drone ever

Or

>Strap bomb to drone
>Launch
>Everyone gets upset when you start to fly the drone close to the target and leaves
>Nothing gets killed

Or

>Miraculously manage to bomb your target
>Will literally never work again

Also have fun if there's an airport anywhere near you.

>Launch
>Built-in GPS tells FAA you're flying
>Get vanned as soon as the police come to push your shit in

>>31489377
In some cases you can, but that wouldn't matter for the above reasons. Plus why the hell would a terrorist bother. That's X dollars for something that wouldn't work (for more reasons that I listed), and that could be spent on something better.

Oh, and

>Miles
Not in any real situation would that be happening or necessary.
>>
Goddammit why do I need to register for buying one of these shits? I just want it so I can spy my neighbor while she's changing, I don't want it to blow a street block and then getting anal insertions by the ATF and/or homeland.
>>
>>31489493
>Goddammit why do I need to register for buying one of these shits?
Because retards flew Phantoms near airports and buzzed planes, and everyone flipped their shit.

Also the FAA is a fucking Orwellian nightmare.
>>
A few years ago, all drones were homebuilt.
> omg registration is so oppressive
>>
>>31489547

SCENARIO:

-Achmed captures master drone engineer
-Ached FORCES master drone engineer to build him untraceable dronecraft
-ACHMED ATTACHES HOMEMADE NUCLEAR DEVICE
-Achmed allah ackbar.
-Achmed blames Russia
-World War 3
-Civilization is destroyed

EZ PZ
>>
>>31489209
Source on that picture?
>>
>>31489599
More likely scenario:
> Jose captures master drone engineer
> Jose forces master drone engineer to build him untraceable dronecraft
> Jose attaches drugs
> Yay drugs
>>
>>31489209
hnnnnnnnggggg

Also pic very much related. The switchblade drone by aerovironment.
>>
in b4 proliferation of 80% drones
>>
>>31489714
Same.
>>
>>31489786
My name is Jose.
>>
>>31490207
Are you in a cartel? Let's talk.
>>
>>31489209
One large enough to carry any large sized explosive is going to be like $10,000+ in cost, at which point the terrorist would be better off buying a used truck and filling it with fertilizer bombs.
>>
>>31489209
Women who dress like find it tiring been asked why they don't want children, niggas bust in you everyday b you just ain't fertile
>>
>>31490347
What the fuck are you even saying? I'm sorry I don't speak ooga booga.
>>
>>31490390
I obey all the rules my guy
>>
>>31489471
But why is your terrorist going to play by the rules as you have listed?

>fake i.d. for purchase
>straw purchse
>disabling built in gps

also, what if it is used in conjunction with a non-explosive weapon, i.e. biological/chemical/radiological. makes more sense to put time and effort in then, no?
>>
>>31489471
>>31490440
I propose to monitor whatever is been purchased by alleged person of interest in their day to day expenses from the company they choose to buy gas from to how many times does he sit outside and ponder how to strap a virtually light aparatus of destruction to a weather balloon and call it Roswell 1.0 this is not Cambodia where Rodriguez duterte can just tag and bag local commodities like street lights and xyz solutions to your very question Mr ATF
>>
>>31490239
No, I work at a law firm.
>>
>>31490431
What the shit. Is this some sort of new rudeboi talk?
>>
>>31489493
>Goddammit why do I need to register for buying one of these shits?
When did this happen? I bought mine a couple years ago and never registered shit
>>
>>31490440
>>fake i.d. for purchase
>>straw purchse
I never said anything about relating to either of those mate. I was talking about the actually usability of a drone, not whether or not a terrorist could buy one. If you're talking about finding out whos drone it was, both a fake ID and having someone else buy it, wouldn't do much because you can still trace that to the actual owner.

>>disabling built in gps
Yeah, that would be an issue, but if you're flying near an airport, like I said, and your GPS is off, you're going to set off red flags right away.

>also, what if it is used in conjunction with a non-explosive weapon, i.e. biological/chemical/radiological. makes more sense to put time and effort in then, no?
No, it doesn't. In fact it's even more retarded; why bother limiting the amount you can deliver when you can just drag a 55 gallon drum to a high roof-top and disperse it? Or 5 rooftops? Or 10? You'd better much better dispersal, over a significantly larger area, with massive amounts of material more, with better control over it, and you wouldn't be giving away the attack just before doing it. Not to mention that, compartively, BCR requires an insane amount of material just to work, let alone be effective, or the technically expertise required. There's a reason terrorists/freedom fighters/insurgents tend to use bombs, BCR is a bitch to deal with.

Commercial drones just aren't a good method for terrorists, there are much better options, that look a lot less conspicuous.
>>
>>31490731
https://www.faa.gov/uas/getting_started/
The FAA have been a bunch of cunts, and they like to say these regulations are ""provisional"" while the drone industry finds its roots.
>>
Stop flying your piece of shit glorified toy on airport runway you fucking prick.
>>
>>31491102
What kind of chemical would need a height of 100 feet I wish to slap wrist not start a riot
>>
Is this how you use sarcasm? Should I Google this
>>
Build your own drone from parts. Untraceable. Cheap. Most parts have multiple applications so it would be suspicious.

They have free firmware for arduino boards for drones.

There are open source CAD files and project guides.
>>
Damn 4chan if you had rights you'd stop boiling water as a habit
>>
File: 2016-09-28 17.26.32.png (710KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
2016-09-28 17.26.32.png
710KB, 1440x2560px
>>31491268
The problem is having the right time to build a working drone. Bandwidth is like water, formless unnervingly orderless, your stream is as powerful as your connection quite and literally

And when I get banned I have this to state " Oh! Come on, niggas posting shit taking picture with and guns all over the boards and OP post is bullshit weapon comparisons to what dindu migt buy on the set or what kebab removal appreciation day would go down."
>>
>>31491319
boiling water is useless
>muh pure water
>muh boiled vegetables and meat
>muh cooking
>muh warm water
what do you even need boiled water for anon? whats wrong cant eat food normally because you are a special little queer
>>
>>31491735
>what do you even need boiled water for anon?
For tactical scalding against enemy iphone-controlled drones.
>>
>>31491735
>whats wrong cant eat food normally because you are a special little queer
Fuck you asshole.
>>
Because a drones payload is measured in grams and a suicide vest can weigh twenty kilos.
>>
>>31489506
Pilot here. Fucking drone faggots keep flying their fucking toys in our flight path. I'm glad drones are regulated now. Keeps all those stupid fucks from flying into controlled airspace
>>
File: jenny-lucy6-1.jpg (93KB, 485x592px) Image search: [Google]
jenny-lucy6-1.jpg
93KB, 485x592px
>>31489714
>>31490196
the west twins
>>
>>31492443
Do they do threesomes?
>>
File: 1471839713207.jpg (37KB, 500x514px) Image search: [Google]
1471839713207.jpg
37KB, 500x514px
>>31489364
>flight plans
Fuck me, I still laugh every time
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.