[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are any of you a big enough fan of NAA pistols to be able to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: Screenshot_20160928-083121.jpg (594KB, 1430x1840px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160928-083121.jpg
594KB, 1430x1840px
Are any of you a big enough fan of NAA pistols to be able to answer a question for me?
Pic is their black powder pistol,which I have. There is a conversion cylinder available that will allow you to fire .22lr, but you can buy a regular .22lr cylinder and a regular .22lr hammer for half the price of the conversion cylinder and without having to deal with the damned little plugs that allow it to be fired.
Will the .22lr cylinder and hammer fit in the BP model? Or were they designed to not be compatible?
>>
Email the OEM.
>>
File: maxresdefault_2.jpg (74KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault_2.jpg
74KB, 1280x720px
>>31487751
Why would you buy a black powder mini revolver in the first place? Where through fuck do you even get black powder .22s? Are you high?
>>
>>31487751

Supposidly the cylinders need to be fitted to each of them. Looking at my friend's NAA Wasp, it looks like the cylinder stop had some final fitting to ensure the correct lockup position.
>>
>>31488165
Not OP, but the BP NAA is cap and ball.
>>
>>31489167
I figured I was retarded
>>
>>31487751
Why would you pay 250 bucks for a miniature cap and ball revolver?
>>
Why blackpowder though, I want the ported barrel version with .22lr and .22mag cylinders but a blackpowder one confounds me
>>
>>31489167
OP here. That's the point of the thread. It's either something like this:
GunBroker.com
http://www.gunbroker.com/item/577718218
Or a new cylinder and hammer,if they're compatible.
>>
>>31489349
I bought the revolver off a friend who needed money. By doing that,I now have something I don't hate,but don't really care for. At least with a .22lr,it can be a little more useful.
>>
>>31489379
>>
>>31489571
if its 150 bucks for a cylinder just buy a new gun if you wanna shoot 22 they are like 200 bucks
>>
>>31490465
Is that the magnum?
>>
>>31490497
That's the point of this thread. The new hammer and cylinder are less than the conversion cylinder. I already have the pistol.
>>
I'd feel way safer carrying an LCP than this shit.
>>
>>31492509
buy a new gun
Cap & Ball Mini-Revolver Frequently Asked Questions
Cylinders
Can a rimfire cylinder work in a black powder frame?

No, the guns have different firing pins, they cannot be interchanged.

Does a cap and ball gun need to be sent in for a new cylinder like the rimfire guns?

Yes, send in the entire gun. The cost for the cylinder is $40 unfluted, $45 fluted.

My cylinder won’t go in the gun when the caps are on the nipples.

The gun was designed to work with remington #11 caps. If you use a different brand or size the cap is too thick and will extend past the cylinder edge.

Can I use cylinders from cartridge firing minirevolvers in my Companion?

No, a Companion cannot fire cartridge-type ammunition; the cap & ball model uses a transfer pin to deliver a center fire strike against a primer cap, as compared to a blade striking a cartridge rim. Additionally, the cartridge cylinder is smaller than the Companion cylinder and ‘slops around’ within the Companion frame. Nor will a .22 cartridge fit within a Companion cylinder, even with the nipples removed. Don’t even think of going there.
>>
>>31488165
It's pretty much a legal workaround because the revolvor is technically a black powder the cylinders are where most people find the use. Frankly think it's a bit dumb but there's enough people who find it neat enough to keep buying them
>>
>>31492573
Thank you, anon.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.