[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Siege of Jadotville

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 12

File: congo32.jpg (223KB, 1251x858px) Image search: [Google]
congo32.jpg
223KB, 1251x858px
"The Siege of Jadotville took place in September 1961, during the United Nations intervention in the Katanga conflict in Congo-Léopoldville in Central Africa when a company of Irish UN troops were attacked by troops loyal to the Katangese Prime Minister Moise Tshombe. The lightly-armed Irish soldiers resisted Katangese assaults for six days as a relief force of Irish and Swedish troops unsuccessfully attempted to reach the Irish force besieged in Jadotville"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHNtzyXvyLc

Upcoming movie release about 150 odd underarmed Irish troops stranded in the arsehole of nowhere taking on 5000 opponents consisting of kangalese, belgian and german mercenaries who had air support and arty.

Definitively illustrating the UN have always been arseholes.
Any interest kommandoes?
>>
FALs
Vicars
Scoped Lee Enfields
Brens

No interest?
>>
Sweet, I see some Carl Gustavs
>>
Literally can't wait.
>>
I'm hyped now, I hope it's good
>>
>>31487261
>Non-native (white) mercenary officers were reportedly observed shooting native gendarmes to stem the rout caused in Katangese lines.

Belgians going full USSR on those poor dindus haha, classic
>>
>>31487261
Do the paddy's get killed cause there's not really a reason for me to watch if I don't get to see drunk micks get slaughtered
>>
>>31487616
No but I believe they ran out of water so had to drink beer in typical paddy fashion
>>
>>31487616
No, the irish suffered no death, only five wounded
>>
>>31487625
WOW thanks for spoiling the movie, ya jerk
>>
>My Netflix runs out the day before
Fuck, here's to hoping putlocker gets it fast
>>
>>31487261
>>31487271

No one gives a fuck about the Republic of Ireland and your pathetic attempts at self-aggrandizement of the Irish Defense Forces.

The PIRA gets more respect, even the faggot British Army gets more.
>>
>>31487648
Somebody's salty.
>>
>>31487648
>filthy Englishman detected

>>31487695
>filthy IRA faggot detected
>>
>>31487261
UN has always been total trash and worse for the people they are trying to "protect". Movie looks good though.
>>
File: 1459815771401.jpg (38KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
1459815771401.jpg
38KB, 540x540px
>>31487648
bongs leave /k/
>>
>>31487261
hype/10
>>
Does Netflix tend to release their own branded stuff world wide at the same time?
>>
>>31487615
"If you will not serve in combat, then you will serve on the firing line!"
>>
File: irish-girl_o.jpg (50KB, 492x454px) Image search: [Google]
irish-girl_o.jpg
50KB, 492x454px
>>31487261
The besieged Irish radioed to their headquarters: "We will hold out until our last bullet is spent. Could do with some whiskey"
>>
>>31487965
Nope unfortunately not but it's usually not too far apart. I think the film has already been released in Ireland, in July I believe but don't quote me on that
>>
File: kongo.jpg (59KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
kongo.jpg
59KB, 1280x720px
Fuck yes, to bad its not a single swede in in probably...

Like sergeant Torsten Stålnacke.

STORY TIME!

When the platoon reached the open terrain a few hundred meters from the starting point for the attack the shape of the battle had changed completely. The Irish mortar fire did indeed hit, with good effect, the gendarme depot. But the Irish fire and the swedes charge came out of step with each other and a lull happened in the fighting. Something that meant that a couple hundred gendarmes weren't pinned by the mortar fire and where able to evacuate the depot and get onto the flank of the swedes advance
>>
File: greyhound.png (442KB, 600x408px) Image search: [Google]
greyhound.png
442KB, 600x408px
>>31488418

When the swedes reached the open terrain the gendarmes opened fire. With supporting fire from machineguns and Carl-Gustav (the recoilless-rifles) the swedes resumed their advance, at this stage it had become quite taxing. But the force managed to reach the spot and aimed their fire at the depot, epsecially against the windows and deployed machineguns against the armored cars on the road ahead.
>>
File: grg.jpg (79KB, 938x621px) Image search: [Google]
grg.jpg
79KB, 938x621px
>>31488466

On the left flank of the swedish force sergeant Stålnacke was advancing, he was leader of a Carl-Gustav fire team. His two soldiers where hit hard by chock, so Stålnacke had to take care of his own support during the advance with both SMG as with the Carl-Gustav. With the recoiless rifle he managed to take out one machinegun in a window.

Visibility was poor for his fireteam so Stålnacke gave order to advance another 50 meters, but his soldiers wouldn't move. He then took the Carl-Gustaf for himself again and a few grenades. Running he reached a firing position with superior visibility. From here he saw two armored cars firing at the swedish troops to his right.
>>
File: congo2.jpg (63KB, 800x599px) Image search: [Google]
congo2.jpg
63KB, 800x599px
>>31488524
No one is reading... Anyway!

He fired on the closest armored car and hit. The turret of the car seemed to move and a hatch was thrown open. The gendarmes who had been taking cover behind the armored car simply dissapeared. Stålnacke then started to recieve machinegun fire and quickly changed his firing position sideways, reloaded and focused on firing again, depspite the heavy fire. The platoon on the field to his right was badly exposed to the canon fire of the second armored car. As he was about to shoot he fet something exploding in his mouth and he was unable to breathe. He had been hit in the lower part of his face, among other things his jawbone had been ripped off. For a few moments, he told later, he thought he was going to die. But he managed to vomit his own tounge back up from where it had slid down into his throat. He pressed a pair of fingers into his throat and pulled out pieces of bone and flesh to be able to breathe. he then picked up the recoiless rifle and ran back to his comrades.
>>
File: congo 3.jpg (181KB, 1200x883px) Image search: [Google]
congo 3.jpg
181KB, 1200x883px
>>31488568
He managed, by handsignals to get one of the soldiers to retreat by himself. The other just stood there in apathy. Stålnacke tried in wain to make him carry the recoiless rifle. He then took it onto his own back and with signs and firm pushes he managde to get his severly chocked comrade to come with him. They climbed over a railroad embankment and a two meter high fence. All the while he had to keep a grip on his tounge and make sure he got his comrade to come along. The medics came running to meet them and brought them to an ambulance parked behind a building. As fast as possible Stålnacke and his chocked comrade was brought to the red cross hospital. Fighting was still going on around the hospital and the wounded had to make the last few hundred meters to the hospital, running next to the building walls. The surgeon Cipolat operated on Stålnacke imidatly.
>>
I'd rather watch a movie about that crazy Rwandan paradrop invasion of DRC.
>>
>>31488608
>>31488568
>>31488524
>>31488466
>>31488418

excellent posts, this is a pretty cool read
>>
Literally what. Dude thats some shit. Thanks for sharing anon
>>
File: torsten stålnacke.jpg (25KB, 460x230px) Image search: [Google]
torsten stålnacke.jpg
25KB, 460x230px
>>31488608

As it was, Stålnacke had suffered heavy blood loss during the run to the hospital. Cipolat had been operating on him for two hours. When it was over Stålnacke had sat himself up on the operation table and asked for a bowl of water "to smarten himself up abit". Cipolat and his italian team of doctors had thought he was in heavy chock, but they made sure he got the requested water. Stålnacke got up onto his feet, calmly rolled his sleeves up and washed himself, in front of the stunned italians. His courage and resolve did not only save him, but also his comrade. He was awarded the order of Vasa for his service.

Katanga: By colonel Jonas Waern

I apologize for any spelling errors
>>
>>31488672
that is some of the most bad-ass shit i have ever heard.
>>
>>31487648
>PIRA gets more respect

You're fucking joking right?

Most people in the republic fucking hate them and say it unless there is some brainwashed sinner around.

Proud of the lads in the Irish army who did a good job keeping marxist thugs in balaclavas like the Provos in line.

Who the fuck even revers to the provos as pira?

You some dumb burger who has watched too much Marxist propaganda?

Irish army is highly respected down south for work in the Leb and quite recently recusing flips in golan, Frequently ace mil sniper competitions. Best keep your yap shut
>>
>>31488084
>The besieged Irish radioed to their headquarters: "We will hold out until our last bullet is spent. Could do with some whiskey"

Classic.
>>
>>31488672
Good read thanks anon

The Irish did amazingly well considering how badly the UN command fucked them over.
>>
>>31488672
Proper gentleman..
>>
> irish 5 wounded
> dindues, 300+ KIA
>irish use morters in counter-battery attacks on dindu artillery to great effect
>irish only lost because they ran out of water
Im gonna enjoy this movie
>>
>>31488672
I had the privilige to meet the guy a couple of years ago. He was very polite and gentlemanly. Also Stålnacke translates into Steelneck, which i always thought was very fitting.

The Congo war was very fucked up in general. I also met a swedish veteran who was a gunner on an armored car doing patrols in the jungle.

It wasn't uncommon to "persuade" native warriors to attack them. Basically what happened was they'd send out large groups of warriors with spears that their medicine man had enchanted to pierce metal.
As stupid as this sounds, these were hard jungle men. He said they would ambush them with logs on the road and come running through the jungle, 50+ guys with spears.
They wouldn't stop when he mowed them down either, they'd literally just charge him to the last man.

When they got home afterwards, it was a short handing in of gear and a pat on the shoulder then goodbye. A lot of the congo vets had a very rough time afterwards.
>>
>>31490295
Most Americans support the pira just so northern Ireland can be independent
>>
File: sahara1.jpg (575KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
sahara1.jpg
575KB, 1920x1080px
>>31490344
Sounds like this irl
>>
File: Congo_Crisis_Swedish_Soldiers.jpg (31KB, 374x230px) Image search: [Google]
Congo_Crisis_Swedish_Soldiers.jpg
31KB, 374x230px
>>31490762
Yeah, our country has not treated our vets the best way.
>>
>>31488568
>>31488608

Can you even imagine how terrifying that would be to see a dude missing half his face shooting at you with a fucking rocket launcher?
>>
Bump 4 Congo pics and webms
>>
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.