[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My new job Required carry weapon.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

File: 13668443_2.jpg (312KB, 1826x614px) Image search: [Google]
13668443_2.jpg
312KB, 1826x614px
Alright /K/omando's I recently transferred from my D.C.S youth development center to a regional adult prison SO MUCH BETTER then dealing with entitled little shits.

Any way I've been given a choice on my service weapon. They have two weapons to choose from. Smith&Wesson Model 28. 357 magnum 4 inch barrel. Or Glock 17

The smith is a original production old stock. I love old Smith and Wesson's But I'm worried i'll need the extra fire power in the glock. what should i go with. I've got a Smith and Wesson model 29 44. I'm more accurate with a revolver them a semi auto but im completely torn. guys help.....
>>
>>31486055
I know right the options are good. the smith comes with a full duty rig with 4 speed loaders.... And if i take to option to buy it they take 20 dollars from each pay check and i get to keep the mother fucker. The glock doesn't get that option.
>>
>>31486055
go to bed faggot
>>
Jesus I think I'd take the Smith and buy it with that payment plan. Here's a question, if you decide to carry the Smith would they let you switch over to the Glock at a later point? I couldn't imagine needing more than 6 shots in a prison situation, when you should be able to pull back and get into better gear for the situation
>>
File: tn-seal.png (16KB, 300x299px) Image search: [Google]
tn-seal.png
16KB, 300x299px
>>31486130
No its one or the other... I'm going to be in the transport department. i think carrying the Smith would be more comfortable the holster is on a swivel. Whats the real difference between 9mm and 357 mag?
>>
>>31486049
Glock 17, the .357 will drop people faster but I much rather be able to drop more people arguably just as fast (.357 is much more powerful but a bullet of any size will still drop people) and reload much quicker.
>>
>>31486049
If your job is strictly indoors, I would want the smith. I think it looks more badass and professional, and I'm assuming you will have access to a carbine if SHTF. If you expect to be outdoors take the Glock tho. Wheelguns are too sensitive to dirt.
>>
>>31486165
Bullet size is similar, you'll just get heavier loads with the .357 both in powder and bullet weight. .357 is more powerful, but you've got 1/3 the capacity of the Glock with a slower reload
>>
>>31486243
Im in a van and driving a bus a lot.
>>
>>31486049
Just get the revolver because "I bought it from the prison i used to work at" is a great story for the kids. You honestly will probably never ever need it.
>>
File: 1474341695346.jpg (42KB, 480x642px) Image search: [Google]
1474341695346.jpg
42KB, 480x642px
>>31486337
true true.... REVOLVER THREAD!!!!
>>
Buy that fucking revolver. You're getting a deal in a manner you can afford. Bluntly, they just don't make them like that any more and you're getting a gun with soul.

It's an N-Frame and built well enough to handle a steady diet of magnums, though I'd personally do a limited diet of those for training on my own time in the interest of saving the gun.

Read your firearms policy and figure out if you can use a privately owned gun, and if so pick up a Glock later if you feel the need to get all capacity happy. Frankly, you're not doing patrol work and a competent guy with a revolver can handle the overwhelming majority of situations where a pistol is appropriate.

The swivel holster will be dogshit once you get to moving around and you should get something else.

The big downside, of course, is that you're getting a gun with basically no parts/armorer support. The guys who knew how to maintain a battery of revolvers are dead or soon to die. The FBI, for example, stopped allowing revolvers for BUGs after their last S&W armorer (really, a gunsmith) retired... like a decade ago.

Also which prison? I may possibly have sent a few Memphians to you over the years.
>>
>>31486049
Take the Smith.

Seriously, Take the Smith. They literally do not make them like that, and that gun is priceless at this point.

Glocks are a diamond dozen.
>>
>>31486049
>Smith&Wesson Model 28. 357 magnum 4 inch barrel.

That's your huckleberry. 5 inch would be even better.

I have had to carry a handgun for my lifes sake and I'm telling you that revolver is what you want.
>>
>>31486049
I'd imagine the revolver would get you some respect and interesting conversations. And like you said, you train with one and you're better with it. If you find yourself in a situation where mag dumping *might* save your life you're probably fucked in the end either way.
>>
>>31486049
Carrying in a prison? Wtf you doing?
>>
>>31486049
Get the Glock. Nothing is more precious than your life - you can't buy it back. Those extra bullets that the Glock comes with will come in handy.
>>
OK here's the deal.
The Glock is going to have a massive firepower advantage over the Smith, which would be useful if a bunch of guys break out and start rioting. That said, we're not dealing with zombies here. Even a mob of humans is going to change tactics and either double back or find cover when facing a gun, even if it only holds 6 shots.

A revolver gives you 2 distinct advantages. One is power, .357 kicks quite a bit more than 9mm does but the energy transfer involved in that bullet hitting flesh is pretty impressive. There isn't much difference between handgun calibers like 9mm, .40 and .45 but .357 is indeed a notch above that class.
Now the biggest REAL advantage is this. If it's a hand-to-hand fight with one individual who is grabbing for your gun (which is probably more likely than a multi-person riot) and you have an automatic, that gun can be physically obstructed from firing by grabbing the slide and pushing it out of battery. It'll either get one shot off and jam due to this obstruction or fail to fire completely, until the obstruction is cleared. On a revolver, the hammer can be blocked from falling but that's a much smaller object for the attacker to grab or interfere with. If someone is truly on top of you and grappling for the gun you are far more likely to get multiple shots off with a revolver than an autoloader.
>>
>>31487419
If things go south, likely he wouldn't be on his own.
>>
File: 1449025619175.jpg (392KB, 1000x645px) Image search: [Google]
1449025619175.jpg
392KB, 1000x645px
Dooooo ittttttttt
>>
>>31486049
lots of assumptions being made in this thread....

>op will have access to a carbine
>duty loads will be hot and not watered down PC garbage loads
>etc

OP, I love revolvers and while I would be sorely tempted to take a great deal, you need to remember that this is a JOB first and that your life may very well depend on the gun you chose.

1) what do the majority of the people tgat you'll be working with carry?

you want ammo compatibility if shit goes sideways

im betting its the glock.

2) capacity

glock wins

3) reliability

not an issue with either

4) speed

faster follow up shots and reloads with the glock.

if you end up out in the middle of cabbagefart Iowa with a bys full of pissed off cons you're going to want all 51 rounds in a g17 with 2 extra mags

5) maintenence

glock is easier to clean
>>
Take the revolver, carry another gun in addition to it concealed in case shit goes horribly wrong.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.