[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

.22/shotgun SHTF meme

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: 10-22.jpg (83KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
10-22.jpg
83KB, 1024x768px
I've seen a lot of websites and forums recommend including both a .22 as well as a shotgun in addition to your main battle rifle for shtf. Is this a meme? I'm not sure that even between my wife and I it would be worth carrying those two extra guns in addition to our AKs and pistols.

Also shtf weapon general.
>>
>>31484196
Post pics of your wife.
>>
>>31484255
this
>>
>>31484255
concur with this
>>
A suppressed .22 semi auto would be very handy, put a 1-6 scope on it and you can use it for hunting, or for quiet kills.
>>
>>31484196
In my understanding, the .22 is meant to kill small game like squirrels and rabbits. If bugging in, get the rifle. If not, get the pistol or don't worry about it at all. Shotguns are of course only viable in a cqc situation, so again if you're staying home get one. If not not then forget it.
>>
>>31484255
>>31484264
From when we went shooting this past winter.
>>
>>31484196
A .22 shotgun has enough penetration and stopping power to put an intruder down for good. Some say it is more effective than 00 buck because it is just enough to stop your intruder, but the rounds will not go through your wall and hit your children or your neighbor. I think that this is an essential if you are preparing for SHTF situations.
>>
A .22 rifle, ideally with a can and optic and a high-cap 9mm would be more than sufficient for most SHTF scenarios. But it surely doesn't hurt to have a centerfire rifle and a shotgun just in case. Or several of each in case you need to arm your friends too.
>>
>>31484304
>>31484335
We're planning on bugging out. I'm trying to determine if hauling those guns and ammo is worth it if we're already hauling our battle rifles and packs.
>>
>>31484196
.22 would be for killing small game without giving off as much of a report over distance like a higher caliber would, this is even better if you get a suppressor for it. That's the answer I've gotten when I asked why.
>>
>>31484362
I'm mostly curious from weight and space standpoint.
>>
Some turkish immigrant rat killed 5 people with a Ruger 10/22 a few days ago and you're questioning it's usefulness as a weapon?
>>
>>31484354
I would say that some small CC-level .22 pistol would be sufficient then. Carrying 12-gauge shells and a small variety of 5.56, .308, 7.62x39, etc is always a good idea in case of finding weapons or use in bartering. Aside from that, the weight vs use is not worth it by any means.
>>
>>31484335
>a .22 shotgun

What
>>
>>31484196
Honestly, if I were to pick between a .22 and a AR or Kalashnikov, I would pick the .22. The ammo is extremely easy to find, It's highly versatile in the game you can take, and it's much smaller and lighter. Unless you're talking about a Civil War or something where there would be near constant shooting, I would pick the .22.

The best comparison would be like choosing between a Longsword or an Axe to take with you. Sure, the Longsword is probably the better weapon, but you're far more likely to use the Axe in real day to day life and the Axe can be used as a weapon whereas the Longsword can't easily be used as a tool.
>>
Op, don't forget to factor in your plan after SHTF. If you have a remote location in the country-side, then a .22 may be just fine. If not, then go bigger in caliber.
>>
>>31484404
No

>>31484412
I'm definitely considering throwing in a .22 pistol. What do you think of those survival .22s that collapse into the stock?
>>
>>31484413
Referring to people who say that a shotgun or .22 is a better weapon than an AR or an AK for shtf rather than a combination .22 shotgun.
>>
>>31484460
Fuck those things. Too many parts to break and replace. Don't sacrifice your stock to house a pistol. If your main rifle gets stolen, broken, lost in any way, the pistol goes with it.
>>
>>31484487
Same poster, I messed that up. Still too many parts though, also they seem too shaky and fragile.
>>
I think any good SHTF plan includes an extra bag. An extra bag, or two, for when shit is hitting but you aren't at full speed evactuation and/or still can easily use a vehicle. You can obsessively prep whats in this bag if you want but for me its coffee, shitpaper, and if nobody is carrying a shotgun then its a shotgun. A shotgun truly is useful as fuck. For .22 I'm preferential to just carrying a long barreled pistol so I'm always ready to plink a small game. Also if you raid a prepper expect to find a fuckload of .22 and .223. I would also say if you are taking 2 bags or a whole truck of shit include an AR-15 if you aren't using one but if you find some dead SHTF warrior they will probably have an AR-15 on them. .308, 12g, 9mm, .45ACP, .40s&W, .223, and .22lr are gonna be pretty prevalent, they are used by everyone; LE, military, gangs, carriers, and just your average joe. There will be a decent amount of .357 around too from concealed carriers, probably also some 10MM. .44 magnum and .30-06 would be next in order of prevalence then you'll find a few faggots with meme AR rounds and some 45c/.410.
>>
>>31484626
You don't think 7.62x39 is going to be pretty common? It's already pretty much everywhere.
>>
Air rifle for small game hunting. Won't attract attention, 20K rounds fit in a shoebox...
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.