[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Solution to glove failures!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 7

File: 27b.gif (661KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
27b.gif
661KB, 500x281px
Been searching for Years & have yet to find a pair under 200 dollars that last me more then 6 months to 1 year. The seams around the outer palm are always the one to rip out even with oakley si gloves same results during training. Issuing challenge for all /k/ommandos! Find the best gloves up to 1000.00. They must be all season and have coyote or darth earth accents. If you cannot find a manufacturer point me to a custom glove maker. I will then have 3a kevlar panels or a custom one off LVL III uhmwpe rifle insert added.
>>
File: 81C9wfw2mqL._SL1500_.jpg (343KB, 1065x1500px) Image search: [Google]
81C9wfw2mqL._SL1500_.jpg
343KB, 1065x1500px
i cant tell you what the best gloves are but i can tell you from first hand experience that mechanix are shit that wont last a month
>>
File: Hammer-Coyote-Palm-510x510.jpg (50KB, 510x510px) Image search: [Google]
Hammer-Coyote-Palm-510x510.jpg
50KB, 510x510px
Best gloves I can currently find are USA made are line of fire HAMMER Gloves for 225.00
>>
>>31483985
>>31484036
Let me drop a truth bomb on you guys,

Gloves are supposed to be disposable.
>>
>>31484036
I've have a ripped palm in a mechanix pair of multicam gloves lasted me 1 year of light use.
have some wileyx sage green gauntlet gloves those also have a ripped palm after 1 year of use. The oakley si assault gloves for 85 didn't even last one week in deployment training in guam. This is a serious problem no one is making a half decent glove that lasts more then 1 -2 years tops... It's not even about the money its just the way its stitched around the palm perhaps?
>>
File: hussar.jpg (561KB, 1063x1421px) Image search: [Google]
hussar.jpg
561KB, 1063x1421px
http://store.cyberweld.com/blstdrglgrel.html

You aren't gonna like this answer, but seriously, give them a try if you're shredding that many gloves.

Elk skin is by far the toughest material for gloves that I've ever come across. It's also super comfy.

I'm assuming you don't want welding gauntlet gloves so here's a driver style pair. I'm sure there are several other brands out there.

>coyote or darth earth accents

They're coyoteish? I guess?

If you want to "all season" them, spray the fuck out of them with silicone boot spray.
>>
>>31483985
Heres a question.
Why wear gloves?
Dont sperg out, its a no shit question because ive never felt the need for them.
>>
>>31484079

Useful sometimes when shooting bows or carving wood, not sure what /k/ uses it would have.
>>
>>31483985
I have a pair of these, you can even see my review. Matt from CT. http://www.511tactical.com/xprt-hardtime-gauntlet-gloves-ws.html

After 4 or 5 years (I can't remember exactly how long I've had them) I'd rate them a 4.5 or 5. They haven't worn out and i use them a little bit as work gloves when doing carpentry or light out door tasks (generally use my shitty condor ones for work gloves though), I've ridden easliy 25k miles with them and I used to wear them every weekend either shooting or playing Airsoft for about a year.

After that much use they remain whole with 0 rips at seams and are simply a little bit faded. I have one pin hole near the middle knuckle of the middle finger, I'm unsure how that happened but I suspect it had to do with fire. I usually wear them with the gauntlet folded up around the wrist to make them shorter and toss them in the washer/dryer a few times a year. With age the leather has shrunk a bit but overall the fit has improved significantly and after a few months they no longer hurt the webbing ofy fingers.

My 511 boots and belts are still going strong too for whatever thats worth.
>>
>>31484114
But ive done both of those, quite a bit, without them.
If you were in the "do you carry at work" thread im the redneck who was sharing stories there.
>>
>>31484114
Breaking someone's teeth in smashing windows using ropes. Hot barrels and hot metal guns etc.
>>31484073
That's actually not a half bad idea thank you very much for your input I found some that are a bit more padded aerostich.com seems to have a good selection of deerskin varients aswell.
>>
>>31484127
I should add that these are pretty close to skin tight so you don't have much bulk that makes it hard to manipulate things. Thats the problem I generally have with these sorts of gloves >>31484073. I hate taking them off ever 5 seconds to do something or trying to find a way to cram my finger into a trigger guard etc.
>>
>>31484132

I've done both without too, man. Just saying that at some point all the callouses in the world don't protect your hand from hours of carving osage orange/bow d'arc, black locust or dogwood, as for bow shooting it's more of a personal thing. I just use them occasionally when I shoot natural feather fletched arrows as I tend to get cut by them somehow.
>>
File: PR2.jpg (74KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
PR2.jpg
74KB, 720x480px
>>31484151

Elk skin is stronger than deer skin but if you're not welding in them, deer skin will do just fine.

As a side note, to anyone frustrated with fucking chinese stitching in their gloves... if you see a seam coming apart, get some Shoe Goo glue and put some in the split and on the seam. I usually use a toothpick. It doesn't take much, you don't have to slop it on there, and it will extend the life of your gloves for a couple more months.

Also, trust me on the silicone spray. One of the biggest destroyers of glove threads is getting them wet and then drying them out, especially kevlar thread.
>>
File: 469_3a.jpg (80KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
469_3a.jpg
80KB, 960x960px
>>31484262
It would seem these are as good as it going to get as far a elk skin is concerned http://www.aerostich.com/clothing/gloves/elkskin-and-deerskin-gloves/aerostich-elkskin-gauntlets.html
I have never dealt with the material just high end cowhide for my motorcycle gloves any recommendations for proper care?
>>
File: thumb-up-terminator pablo M R.jpg (44KB, 500x406px) Image search: [Google]
thumb-up-terminator pablo M R.jpg
44KB, 500x406px
>>31484458
>any recommendations for proper care? disregard that last portion you already listed from experience how to maintain them. Good job and thanks again for your input its put this long quest to a close
>>
>>31484234
Eh, okay, i could see it.
For some reason in my minds eye there was an entire community of people who demanded to have gloves for any and all shoosting.
Only time ive shot with gloves was when it was close to 0 degrees outside, and when i didnt have time to take them off. Even if it hurts a bit i really prefer to do most things without them because i have to feel what im doing to do it well.
>>
>>31484061
This. You're a welder aren't you?
>>
>>31485940
I dabble but I wouldn't call what I do welding per say. My father was a welder though and we practically had a bucket full of leather and cotton work gloves that got trashed by the end of every month.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.