[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do we make this a thing again /k/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: orkel_1426033607.jpg (208KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
orkel_1426033607.jpg
208KB, 1280x853px
>>
19th century Arsenal Gear?
>>
>>31483484
Well, I don't think it should be a thing, but if you really wanted to the first step would be find a bunch of money to fund it and then build one. If you are fabulously wealthy that should be easy. If not... well there is a sucker born every minute right?
>>
>>31483484
"Hey guys, you know what would be great?"

"What?"

"Making our ships flat and cylindrical, to maximize the materials used in their creation while making them slower, less maneuverable, a larger target for enemy artillery, and more prone to capsizing."

"Ted, that sounds like a really dumb fucking idea, why would you bring that up."

"Because I saw a rad thread on /tg/ about these fucking pancake boats."
>>
>>31483529
Stop shitting on the Battle-Roomba.

Is qt.
>>
>>31483556
Also, how would you launch the lifeboats? Based on their size, they're roughly seven meters from any edge, and you can't launch them from one third of the ship because the propeller chop would turn them into toothpicks.
>>
>>31483626
vmf is't weak like you ok. don't question
>>
>>31483484
It's outdated as fuck but a cool design it would have to be a pet project from someone with a literal fuckton of money to burn.
>>
>>31483626
They'll float away no problem after aspie dreams stop keeping that abortion off the sea floor.
>>
>>31483641
yeah, I'm just shooting the shit with you. I didn't mean no harm by it.
>>
Your mistake is assuming this is supposed to run on water. This was clearly meant for conquering the skies.
>>
File: 1460942438633.png (73KB, 594x474px) Image search: [Google]
1460942438633.png
73KB, 594x474px
>>31483503
kek, I bet the Patriots keep their telegraph exchange on there
>>
>>31483484
Needs VLS and azimuth thrusters. That rudder looks like a severe weak point.
>>
>>31483484
I'm assuming that it's designed this way so that it can turn exceptionally quickly, making the entire boat function like a turret. It'd also probably be really hard to capsize in rough seas. The problem here is how slow and fuel-inefficient it would be, but if it's used as a harbor monitor or something like that where mobility isn't an issue that wouldn't matter all that much I guess.
>>
>>31483979
>if it's used as a harbor monitor or something like that
It was.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.