[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Going to boot camp soon any tips .../army boot camp/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6

File: 1472564097436.png (65KB, 500x379px) Image search: [Google]
1472564097436.png
65KB, 500x379px
Going to boot camp soon any tips .../army boot camp/
>>
>>31480522
Write your name on your shit and remember to wash your ass.
>>
>>31480546
This.

also, don't be a cunt.
>>
>Army

Well at least you didn't do Coast Guard I guess.
>>
>>31480522
Know where your toothbrush is at all times.
>>
Hold onto your fucking paperwork
>>
volunteer for everything so they'll pick on you less
>>
Wash and take care of your fucking feet.
>>
>>31480689
Doesn't that kind of defeat the purpose though
>>
>>31480689
fuck no

be the grey man
>>
Army guys call it Basic, not boot camp.

Also not this >>31480689

If you graduate and your drill Sgts don't even know your name, you did good. You want to be perfectly mediocre. My DI's knew me unfortunately.
>>
>>31480522
Inevitably your going to just be wrong sometimes and get your shit pushed in... but some advice from my experience, ALWAYS fucking shave, ALWAYS know your general orders of the sentry, NEVER look your RDC in the face, and NEVER crack your neck during an I.T. session to try and hype yourself up.
>>
Take a fucking shower EVERY FUCKING NIGHT, or it's a GI shower for you
Write your name on everything
do NOT loan things to people if they lose theirs because they will either lose yours or steal it and say it's theirs and then you're on the hook for it
do NOT use your camelback as a porta-latrine
lock your fucking locker (get a numeric lock instead of a key and write the number in a hidden location) If you lose your key you'll have to carry your locker to the DS's office and bolt-cutter it off
Carry your CAC on you at all times
Volunteer, or you will be voluntold
Buy and keep baby wipes on you and in your locker at all times
Keep your mouth shut unless it's important or someone important asks you a question
At 2100 hours shut the hell up so everyone else can get some rest
>>
>>31480522
Biggest tip would be ask the dedicated enlistment thread.

>really though, basic is physically very easy. Women, fat people, and even fat women can make it through. The hardest thing to do is adjust to the lifestyle
>>
>>31480522
Always raise your hand when they ask you something, even if you don't know.

If you don't want to do something, let the sarges know so they can let you learn more appropriate things.

Take a walk around the base on your own to get your bearings, knowing your surroundings is important!

If someone breaks a rule, always report it. The guy in question may not always like it but your friends will respect you for keeping your group presentable.

Everyone knows the issued gear is crap, buy some mag pouches, a dump pocket and a quality knife (the bigger the better) for your carrier. Sergeants love it when recruits actively try to improve.

Speaking of sergeants, don't be afraid to socialize. Remember, they are your teachers and most of them love to get fresh ideas and views on things. You have a unique perspective as someone new to the whole military experience.
>>
>>31480787
Did they know you for good reasons or bad reasons?
>>
>>31481065
This almost sounds like bad advise disguised as good advice
>>
>>31480522
sup josh
>>
File: 1462886284702.jpg (52KB, 600x309px) Image search: [Google]
1462886284702.jpg
52KB, 600x309px
>>31480615
This.

You should've join the AF like this guy.
>>
Hand sanitizer is your best friend, don't flake out and quit, get prepared to meet some idiots, don't try to stand out in any way, don't drop your rifle.
>>
>>31481616
No, that's definitely good advise friend.
>>
If you really, really need to Sham, do it during weapons maintenance time. If you're not retarded, you can clean your shot in 5 minutes and rack out in the laundry room.
>>
>>31480800
>do NOT use your camelback as a porta-latrine
Why would anyone do this?
>>
>>31484740
City boys who don't know that nature is the original bathroom
>>
>>31480800
This. Also don't call it boot camp, that's for Marines
>>
File: fmj-blanket-party-o.gif (4MB, 320x176px) Image search: [Google]
fmj-blanket-party-o.gif
4MB, 320x176px
I'm just waiting for my job to open up, but my friends keep joking that I'm going to ended up having a soap party thrown for me.

Are they even a real thing?
>>
>>31485404
Your not fully clean until your zestfully clean.

Boot camp is pretty PC. You got a better chance getting your ass beat or hazed in the fleet.
>>
File: 1443408476950.jpg (59KB, 919x720px) Image search: [Google]
1443408476950.jpg
59KB, 919x720px
>>31480522
save your money
>>
>>31480522
Buy a Mustang when you get out bro, you'll be able to finance through the dealer ship AND put a nice down payment on it.
>>
File: image.jpg (17KB, 276x183px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
17KB, 276x183px
>>31487283
>Army Sergeant buddy sends me snapchats from time to time
>weekly snapchat of PFC "Dumb fuck" getting out of his 2004 convertible Mustang GT missing rear bumper
>mfw it's not a meme
>
>>
>>31480522
Make sure you are the one that stands out, but in the good way.
Be the most willing to do anything for the sergeant.
The best way to make boot easy is to make friends with the DI's, do favors for them.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.