[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Best BCG under $150

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

Looking for a BCG on a budget. Any suggestions?
So far I'm looking at psa premium, rainer phosphate, aim surplus nib, and the psa premium nib.
Is nickel boron a meme? Does the coating wear off fast?
Discuss.
>>
>>31477075
Just pay $20 more and get the BCM BCG, this is the heart of your rifle, don't cheap out.

Nickel boron is a meme.
>>
>>31477089
I keep hearing two arguments.
>Anything milspec is fine as long as it MPI, HPT is just a test and is not done sometimes because it can reduce the life of the bolt. Don't spend extra for Mall ninja
>The BCG is the heart of your rifle, spend as much as you can.

Would I be paying for the name if I went BCM? what is the difference between the BCM BCG and the PSA Premium BCG.
>>
A phosphate BCG that's been MPI'd is perfectly fine, so the PSA one will do the job easily. NIB is a shitty meme.
>>
Phosphate is fine. There are really only 2 companies making BCGs anyway, these are then bought up by various companies who throw their own finish and logo on them.

NiB, when done CORRECTLY, is fine as well. The biggest advantage of a NiB is how much easier they are to clean, ad carbon pretty much will just wipe off with a paper towel. When a NiB is done poorly, howver, you can get some flaking issues.

What I am trying to say is, it's really hard to screw up when picking you BCG.
>>
>>31477213
>>31477230
So a PSA premium MPI/HPT no logo would be GTG?
>>
>>31477260
Yes. I have had one for a few years and I have not had any issues.
>>
>>31477274
Okay, I'll probably go for that. Thanks.
>>
please don't get nickel boron regardless

The only thing you need to look for in a bolt carrier is good gas key staking. Other than staking and the finish it's physically impossible to fuck up machining a bcg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mg7LNSKcp8
>>
>>31477075
OP, everyone in this thread is a meme and a poorfag. Go get yourself a Cryptic Coatings BCG in Mystic Gold, then go tell everyone in /arg/ that your ar is the best/most expensive, even though it performs the same as everybody else's ar, and can probably be outshot by the newfag who just bought his first sub-$500 ar. After all, if insulting everyone who doesn't like the things that you like, makes you smugly lean back in your chair enough to make the cheetos crumbs fall off your fat, greasy, overweight stomach, then isn't it worth it that you're shoving your """"gucci""""" rifle down the throats of everyone here on a Norwegian brick-laying forum?
>>
BCM > Spikes > PSA Premium. All are pretty close imo. Nickel Boron is meme and will eventually chip.
>>
File: image.jpg (67KB, 700x409px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
67KB, 700x409px
Get a cheap C158 steel bolt carrier with a phosphate coating. BUT, get a quality bolt. The bolt itself is what counts.
>>
>>31479783
Bitter much?
>>
>>31477075
Get the cheapest milspec one with staked gas key, chrome lining, MPT and HPT certification, shot peening, etc.. Most BCGs come from maybe 2 manufacturers, so it doesn't really matter which brand you choose. Also NiB isn't worth the extra $$$ if you don't care about the look.
>>
> not getting a nitrided/melonite BCG
Why even live without it...
>>
Toolcraft.
>>
>>31480926
Bootlegs carrier is adjustable and not NiB, that's why
>>
File: sbrs.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
sbrs.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>31477075
OP, there are so many BCGs with so many different coatings, just get what your heart desires. If it helps, I can tell you that my cryptic """gucci""" as fuck mystic black is really no better than my WMD, Colt, or BCM BCGs. Shit, it is the most expensive one I own and it has already had some of the PVC finish chip off on the bolt lugs with less than 800 rounds.

If you want quality and are on a budget Toolcraft at this place is the best deal I can find. http://www.wcarmory.com/toolcraft-bcg-223-5-56-bolt-carrier-group-sbn-c158-complete.htm
>>
>>31477124
Really depends. Buy just a standard bcg for a basic rifle, it'll last a really long time. If your rifle has a theme going on or you have a goal in mind for the rifle like achieving low weight or great accuracy look into the different options. For instance if you want a low weight rifle look into those bcgs like the Jp lmos where you can drop a third of a pound
>>
Any bcg coated PROPERLY with Cerakotes microslick coating. Huge fan of the coating works like a champ.
>>
>>31477075
KAK Industries
www.kakindustry.com

$105 - nitride coating, functions very well
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.