[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Best quad rails for scary black rifles?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

File: 4chan3.jpg (216KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
4chan3.jpg
216KB, 800x450px
What are the best quad rails on the market? Are there any quality quad rails that won't cost me $200 plus? Should I go for the 7 inch rail or go full high speed low drag and get a 15 inch rail? Just throw some knowledge at a guy holding a bone stock 6920.
>>
>>31475506
Let me first ask what you intend to slap on said rails. I've found myself happier with non-quad rail handguards because quad rails tend to be uncomfortably shaped for basic shooting and gripping. Unless you really plan to fill it up (and likely you don't) quad rails are not particularly good options IMO.
>>
>>31475518
I just want to put a flashlight on it.
>>
File: IMG_8678[1].jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8678[1].jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>31475547
I was in the same situation as you. I got a Midwest Industries quad rail for my midlength. I got mine for ~$120 iirc. You can find them for a carbine length for the same price. The other options are much more expensive.

Light is an Arisaka Defense M300 on a HSP Thorntail. If you still have any questions, I'll answer them.
>>
>>31475506
Get a troy alpha. You can place rail sections where you want them since your just going to use one side for a flashlight.

The length depends on your sights. If your going with flip ups on the rail go full length. You will need a low profile gas block for that. If you have a fixed triangle sight for a gas block you'll need the 7 inch.

Installation can be a little tricky. I would cut the D ring assembly off instead of removing the barrel to take it off. It's usually aluminum so a file can cut through it easily. You'll have to remove the gas block too if it's not low profile. Putting it back on without canting it can be a little tricky without proper vise and level but it's do able.
>>
>>31475698
I was actually looking at the 12 inch Midwest Industries quad rail with the cut out for the carbine length F marked front sight. Would you say Midwest Industries is a good quality quad rail?
>>
>>31475741
I really have my heart set on a quad rail. I have been looking at a few different 12 inch quad rails with the cut out for the standard F marked front sight. The only one I found in my price range is the Midwest Industries. That is unless I can find some guy selling a used Daniel Defense omega X rail 12.0 FSP cheap locally.
>>
>>31475791
If your dead set on keeping that front sight then yeah go for the Midwest industries. I've just found my troy alpha to be pretty awesome. It's free float and machined aluminum not plastic it that helps.
>>
Kmr alpha
>>
>>31475771
>Would you say Midwest Industries is a good quality quad rail?

I'm being 100% on this but I was very VERY apprehensive on getting the MI rail because I've always had this notion that the company made shitty products but it's pretty good.

Any reason why you want a 12 inch cut out rail? Those get heavy very quickly.
>>
>>31475506
If you are going to keep your rifle (you might not, colts have good resell) I would say get the dd lite rail (I have two sitting here), amazing weight and feel solid as fuck
If I were you I would buy a KAC RAS rail because I wouldn't want to remove resell value
>former 6920 owner
>>
>>31475506
>quadrail
Is it 2006?
Get MLOK.

>>31475547
You don't even need a quadrail for just that.
Magpul plastic handguards have MLOK slots which you can place a small section of rail on, and failing that, there's various other attachment methods, such as a barrel clamp, or a small rail piece which attaches to the bayonet lug.

Getting a quadrail for just a light attachment is silly, you get loads of extra weight.
>>
>>31476701
quads are not that heavy dude, stop being nutnfancy
>>
>>31476709
>thick metal tube covered in protrusions
>running the length between the receiver and front sight
It adds noticeable weight, and for literally just one attachment, it's near wasteful.

OP can get the same setup with less weight and bulk by going for something else besides a quadrail.
>>
>>31476732
maybe you should lift some weights and stop being autistic and then you might have a better opinion
>>
>>31476732
There's like a 2-3 oz. difference dude, stop being a fag.
>>
>>31476816
It's not "too heavy", it just defeats the point of the AR-15 being meant to be lightweight.

I swear some of you would argue for steel quadrails just because "LMAO DYEL?"

>>31476854
Depends on how long your gun is, on a 20" barreled gun it adds a lot more, on a carbine length gun it's not as bad.

MLOK lets me do all the same things as a quadrail at less weight.
>>
>>31477021
lmfao the OP has a 6920 so don't pull that shit
yes, 2 oz is a lot for your t-rex manlet arms, but for the rest of us who aren't fags/autistic we can lift 2oz of weight
>>
>>31475506
>>31475547
http://algdefense.com/rails.html
Quality for a good price. Quad rails are so 2000's
>>
>>31475506
I'll sell you a dd lite rail for $90 bucks (9 inch)
>>
>>31477043
Where are you finding a 2oz quadrail? A typical carbine length one is like 6oz or 7oz
Plastic quadrails aren't actually real quadrails.
>>
>>31477084
mlok/keymods are 11ish and quads are like 14 dude, use your googlefu
>>
>>31477084
He means a 2 oz difference in weight you tard.
https://www.midwestindustriesinc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=category.display&category_ID=2471
>7.3oz
https://www.midwestindustriesinc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=category.display&category_ID=64
>9.7oz
>>
>>31477111
And just for context, picrelated weighs a full ounce more than the difference between those two.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>31475506
Got this for a hundo. I like it just fine.
>>
File: images(37).jpg (6KB, 276x183px) Image search: [Google]
images(37).jpg
6KB, 276x183px
If your just using it for a fucking weapon light I recommend getting an front sight base weapon light attachment.

There's plenty out there and put the light at the perfect angle. Saves you hella money to.
>>
I say go for the 7 incher because who needs 15 inches of fucking rail. If the rails end up being a little uncomfortable for your soft luscious hands, just buy some larue index clips and slap those bad boys on there.
>>
Does anyone make a light that affixes to the bayonet mount?

I kind of want one there.
>>
>>31475506
What do yall think about the LaRue Tactical 7.0" Handguard LT15-7? Also LaRue quad rails in general.
>>
>>31479644
There are railed pieces which attach to the bayonet lug, you could put a rail mounted light on that.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.