[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Campus Carry

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: 1443074929409.jpg (118KB, 523x1255px) Image search: [Google]
1443074929409.jpg
118KB, 523x1255px
I wanna know what /k/ thinks about this, so I can see both sides of this issue.
There's a debate coming up in one of my classes, and I need citable reasons that concealed carry would help on college campuses. Also need help finding some article from long ago, can't find it anywhere. Some girl, in one of the states that only allow students to keep their guns in their car, was assaulted in the parking lot because she couldn't get to her gun in time. I know it sounds really vague, but I think I could use it as a source.
>>
All mass shootings have happened in gun free zones. A shooter doesnt care if guns arent allowed and this law doesnt affect them. This allows people that want to legally carry the ability to do so, plenty of crime happens on campus and you have the right to defend yourself. The lack of a campus carry law didn't prevent any of the school shooters from bring a gun.

Source: now git
>>
>>31475176
Campus carry doesn't harm anyone, and there's a chance it could help someone. People who want to kill other people don't care about weapons laws on campus anyway.
>>
the fact that many states already have campus carry with no ill effects is saying something, more states should follow suit.
>>
>campus doesnt allow it
>do it anyway
Fuck anyone trying to tell me i cant defend myself.
>>
There are plenty of people on my campus I would not like to see varying because they are simply not responsible and have poor judgement.

My solution: allow concealed carry on campus, do not allow dorm residents to store firearms in their dorms. Basically suggesting if you are able to live on your own we trust you to make good decisions. Just as a conpromise.
>>
Campus carry can only be a positive thing
No sign will ever stop those who intend to cause harm.
>>
File: republicofsmiley.jpg (34KB, 271x400px) Image search: [Google]
republicofsmiley.jpg
34KB, 271x400px
>texas a&m sophmore
>campus carry
>everyone walks around with a belt-mounted knife sheath
>>
>>31479012
>>31479012
>You can have access to your gun rights
>As long as you fit my definition of responsible so I know you are as good a human as me
That shit sounds real familiar, Hillary.
>>
>>31479761
This
>>
One of the biggest reasons campus carry is prohibited is because of the inability of the individual to properly identify and element a threat. It makes it difficult for police, unarmed civilians, and armed civilians to know who the active shooter is. For example, three is a lecture hall with 200 hundred people. Five of the 200 are legally concealed carrying. An active shooter enters the auditorium and begins firing. The five individuals at that point have to assess the situation individually from one another and decide who's doing the shooting and take action, while under the stress of adrenaline and confusion. They could potentially unintentionally shoot the one of the other people who draw to fire on the active shooter. Keep in mind this isn't even considering what the police would do. Campus carry has the potential to deter crime and shootings. But the circumstances that it could create due to the sheer number of externalities is too much to allow students to carry. This is something that will probably come up in the discussion.
>>
Another issue is that you can't always trust normie students to have guns; just last weekend I was at a bar after hanging out with some friends. We went our separate ways and I'd just gotten into the bar (fukkin packed) and then cops flooded the area; turns out my friend and his buddies got shot "accidentally."

My friend and his buddy got hit in the back and arm respectively, and the third guy died. 1 other person also got shot.

This was 2-3 blocks from campus, there was a drunken argument at an apartment and a guy started shooting indiscriminately. Cops didn't get him, so...

I do agree with the sentiment of shooters don't give a fuck about guns, which is why I have a gun in my "gun-free-zone-sticker" apartment building. I'm only pulling it out if the robber tries to break my bedroom door down.

It's not even that much about having guns in classes and campus, it's wherever else young, immature assholes are living too.
>>
>>31479950
except it's really easy to identify who is and is not a mass shooter. The one shooting everyone is the mass shooter, the guy who everyone else is huddling behind is not the mass shooter.
>>
>>31480115
I meant
>I agree with the sentiment that shooters don't give a fuck about "no-guns-allowed" signs, my bad.
>>
>>31480115
see>>31479761
>>
Responsibility does not gain you access to rights. Rights are something you are born with. Responsibility is how you handle yourself, your rights, and your interactions with the people around you. It is a choice and if made poorly, you are then responsible for the consequences. You loose your rights and freedom (this is a different argument cause I don't personally agree with that system either). No one should be denied rights because other people have been irresponsible in the past.
The proper order is
Rights > Responsibility > Consequences
>>
>>31480295
Final point I forgot to make is that the responsibility rests with the individual and not society. I'd rather everyone lives a real life and it is hard than we all live whatever controlled shit the government and society are allowing us to with the promise that it'll be comfy.
>>
File: lmgpulsewidthmodulation.jpg (36KB, 600x651px) Image search: [Google]
lmgpulsewidthmodulation.jpg
36KB, 600x651px
Campus is just another place. Don't let societal labels dictate the way you live your lives, we are all humans.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.