[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

trigger reset

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 1

File: ff.png (529KB, 718x656px) Image search: [Google]
ff.png
529KB, 718x656px
An eye opening video on the common belief that you shoot by pinning the trigger to the rear

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qbCSpcrOsw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7ahDcWjFZI
>>
1) No one teaches that bullshit
2) 90% of shooters on /k/ don't even know what a trigger reset is
3) stop trying to viral your vids here
>>
>>31471290
b-but muh SIG has a srt
>>
>>31471290
everyone knows what shooting from disconnector is???
>>
>>31471420
Every kommando I've ever met in person jerked the trigger like an anime fan on prom night. To the point of accidental bumpfiring at times.
>>
>>31471122
So, he's basically saying that he's not capable of doing two things at once?
>>
>>31471122

if you practice, you'd find that out unless you're only shooting Bullseye. resetting under recoil is much better, and the reset technique only leads to trigger freeze.

Ernie Langon is awesome
>>
>>31471122
Yes. I thought this shit was common knowledge.

It's basically the best and fastest way to shoot, and anyone not training or using it is an idiot.
>>
>>31472748
Oh never mind, I replied before I watched the whole video.

Basically he's a retard, disregard what I wrote earlier.
>>
>>31472388
I shoot IPSC and I personally find a conscious trigger reset is essential for fast and effective follow up shots.

What is reset under recoil and trigger freeze? I have never heard of it
>>
>>31471465
Exactly, and this guy's technique will lead to exactly that. Trigger slapping.

Holding the trigger to the rear and keeping constant pressure on the trigger will lead to a lot better trigger control than slapping it.

Also, when you're in a hurry to let go of the trigger during recoil I can bet my ass virginity that people will start jerking the trigger in order to get off it early. Awful technique.

>>31472880

I think he thinks that you can let go of the trigger when the gun recoils, which is nonsense. I think that by trigger freeze he means that people will start pulling the trigger before reset, resulting in a dead trigger since the disconnector is still active, which is basically a training issue.

I think it's safe to say that you can ignore that poster.
>>
>>31471656
He's basically saying that he's won a bunch of national shooting competitions and you still haven't hit the 1,000rd mark on any guns you 'own'
>>
>>31472921
>prepping the trigger as soon as the gun goes off means you're slapping the trigger

Don't forget taking high bore axis into account : )
>>
>>31472921
The thing is its so easy to jerk a trigger on a handgun. If I don't go to the range in a month or 2 I know I am going to jerk the trigger. It is not a question of physical weakness, its just your body reacting to a loud explosion, flash and recoil. You have to get your body use to the effects of the gun.

A clear and conscious trigger pull and focusing on that trigger pull and its follow through, in my experience has been the best way to eliminate jerking or dipping the barrel. In fact I like to practice in DA just because it is such an efficient way for me to focus on the trigger pull.

The video really failed to show any real proof of the effectiveness of his technique also trigger reset has been a corner stone in competitive shooing for quiet sometime now and there are so many shooters that can attest to that.
>>
>>31473004

If you're hurrying to get your finger off the trigger to fire a second shot, you'll end up jerking. That's what the technique teaches you.

Conversely, if you teach people to hold it to the rear when the gun goes off, you teach good trigger control.

Then, after a good period of shooting and getting used to the recoil, you start doing it faster, and can get a second round off after the sights have settled by raping the reset and getting the absolute fastest follow-ups.
>>
>>31472972

You can be a good shooter but absolutely shit at teaching. I think the video speaks for itself.
>>
>>31472921

i can absolutely reset the trigger while i'm waiting for my pistol sights to recover and settle from recoil. and trigger freeze happens because you're trying to ride the disconnector, and it WILL happen to you if that's your technique.

Ernie Langdon's won USPSA Production Nationals with a Beretta. what's your credentials?
>>
>>31472972
And that he can't multi-task
>>
>>31473155

Stop trying to appeal to authority. There are lots of competent shooters that shoot by riding the reset.

>i can absolutely reset the trigger while i'm waiting for my pistol sights to recover and settle from recoil

Then you have shit recoil control, good job.
>>
>>31473204

how many of these competent shooters have won championships?

it's something that i've practiced. maybe if you practiced it too, you'd be able to know your pistol well enough to reset as your sights are settling.
>>
>>31473155
Again what is trigger freeze?

You are right you should reset as soon as the gun fires, you should not reset once you have aligned your sights. As long as you can feel the reset its a good move.

I think there is some confusion in this thread. Ernie does not advocate jumping off the trigger completely and slacking off the trigger he just want the shooter to start the reset process as soon as the trigger is pulled and the gun has fired.
>>
>>31473305

trigger freeze is when you don't fully reset the trigger and pull it again.
>>
>>31473305
>>You are right you should reset as soon as the gun fires, you should not reset once you have aligned your sights.

You get that automatically with good trigger control, you don't have to start slapping, which is what this guy seems to advocate.
>>
>>31473539

he's not slapping the trigger if you watch what he's doing. nor is he advocating it. maybe if you went out and tried it out you'd know what he's talking about.
>>
>>31473577

Teaching people to hurry off the trigger will accomplish exactly that. Getting off the trigger and firing a second shot as the sights settle will come naturally in time with good trigger control.
>>
>>31473605

and advocating pinning your trigger back until the sights settle will never advance your trigger control.

if you're not practicing resetting under recoil now, when you're on the clock or have to shoot somebody for real, you won't do it then either.
>>
>>31473634

It isn't as much about holding the trigger back as it is about not hurrying off the trigger. If you're breaking off another shot once your sights settle, you're good.

What I'm trying to tell you that telling people to hurry to get off the trigger will lead to bad trigger control, bad habits and lots of wasted ammo.
>>
>>31473671

and i'm saying that slow deliberate reset will absolutely lead to bad trigger control, bad habits, and lots of wasted ammo.

reset your trigger under recoil.
>>
>>31473688

That part will come naturally once you've practiced slow, deliberate reset.
>>
>>31473697

no it won't.

because it never did for me until i realized people reset under recoil. that i _could_ reset under recoil.

i had been shooting pistols for a decade.

but i'm not the only one who thinks that way:
http://modernserviceweapons.com/?p=2518
http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2015/04/26/the-importance-of-trigger-reset/
https://civiliangunfighter.wordpress.com/2015/09/30/trigger-reset/
http://forums.brianenos.com/index.php?/topic/202229-tips-for-riding-the-reset-on-glocks/
>>
>>31473204
"appeal to authority" is only a fallacy when the authority figure isn't qualified for the subject. A high ranking competition shooter is absolutely qualified to comment on how to work a trigger
>>
>>31473810

I looked at the video, and you can clearly see in it that you don't actually have time to reset the trigger during recoil. So that part is out.

So the issue you seem to have is with riding the reset, which is a training issue. Once you know your gun inside and out, your muscle memory will stop right at the reset and then you're ready to squeeze off another shot.
>>
>>31473867

i consider not only the rearward impulse of the bullet/slide recoil, but the time taken for the gun to settle back down as recoil. or at least part of the recoil cycle. and you absolutely have time to reset.

you will never push yourself if you stay in the comfort zone of the reset when you're on target.
>>
>>31473918

Your third link agrees with me, by the way.

>Now, why is this important? I am of the opinion that having a new shooter maintain rearward pressure on the trigger after breaking the shot and then consciously resetting the trigger encourages proper follow through. In addition, the practice can enhance accuracy because the trigger finger placement remains consistent shot to shot. Finally, you may be able to shoot faster, up to a point, because your trigger finger moves less distance when it remains in contact with the trigger and as always, economy of motion equals speed. I say faster up to a point because there is indeed a faster way to shoot that is in common use with competition and professional shooters.

That's what I've been saying the whole time. Teaching this techique from the get-go is counterproductive, since it will only make new shooters jerk the triggers, build bad habits and waste ammo.

I'll need to test releasing the trigger all the way the next time I go to the range.
>>
>>31474004

more people who agree with me:
Rob Leatham:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqqhSSiU_j8&feature=youtu.be&t=2m37s
Bob Vogel
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45QhpvY9LZc&feature=youtu.be&t=6m26s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlSZUSIj2NA
Jerry Miculek
(watch him slap the trigger in slo mo here)
https://youtu.be/ChSazF41q-s?t=21m33s
>>
>>31474175

I don't see them advocating teaching that technique to beginners though.
>>
>>31474355

that's odd, because they are. none of them are showing the slow break.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.