[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does the National Guard use equipment up to date with as the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: M16A2_side[1].jpg (478KB, 3955x2234px) Image search: [Google]
M16A2_side[1].jpg
478KB, 3955x2234px
Does the National Guard use equipment up to date with as the rest of the military, or do they use older surplus stuff like pic related?
>>
>>31469604
They use a lot of old shit.
The M16A2 is fairly common with Nasty Girls, and effectively, they do the same thing as the M16A4, except detachable carry-handles and quadrails, which is fine, that'll make the gun lighter, I don't think anyone gets issued any lasers or optics in the NG anyway.

As for M16A1s, I think they still have them, but most are either benchwarmers (in storage), or sold off to LEO departments. A bunch has probably been given away to other countries as military aid too.
I know Israel was given a bunch of M16s and carbine variants in the past.
>>
>>31469604
Some Nasty Girl units actually use up-to-date equipment. M4 carbines, flattop receivers, rails, Trijicon ACOGs for dismounts, M68 CCOs for vehicle crews, AN/PEQ-15s for fucking EVERYONE... Honestly, I haven't seen or shot an M16A4 since 2004.
>>
any national guard unit will have equipment at least current to their last deployment.
for example mine, we deployed about 4 years ago. So all of gear is acu, we have all up to date weapons, as for attachments mostly acogs but still some ccos, peq 2s instead of peq 15s, and ibas instead of iotvs.

id say most units are within 80%-90% of the quality of equipment as active, and for a deployment we'd be brought up to 100%
>>
>>31469604
They mix and match too. I once saw a nasty girl with an M16a2 with rail on the carry handle and an aimpoint, carbine buffer tube and buffer, xm177 buttstock, m16a4 handguards and m16a1 barrel. It was so fucking sexy.
>>
Do their old weapons ever get sold off as parts kit....? With the barrel? Since it isn't imported?
>>
>>31470979
>I dont know anything, the post
>>
>>31471131
This

Nasty girls who don't deploy have the same shit that was used in 'nam. Recently deployed will get cool guy shit like everyone else since they'll have an actual budget to blow a load on
>>
>>31471131
This. My NG unit was a little out of date, but when we deployed we got all new shit. Same goes for Reserves (where I am now), except we get what our active counterpart has just upgraded. example:Active gets the new quick change barrle M2 so we get their old M2....(which had Korea scratched into it with Nam, Panama, skinny city, Kuwait and Iraq....jk)
>>
>>31470979
We had a4 with acogs . But no lasers. Our nvg were shitty post iraq 1 hand me downs.
>>
>>31469604
Depends on the state.

Texas has all the latest toys, while Louisiana is still stuck in the late 90's early 2000's.
>>
>>31469604
I'm in the Texas national guard, I've never seen a M16A1

in my unit's armory we have A2s and up-to-date M4s (with all the bells and whistles like CCOs and ACOGs), maybe like 3 A4s

We're starting to get some new equipment in OCP as well
>>
>>31471265
Literally this.
>>
>>31469604
They generally have not as good or up to date stuff as the active military. Really it's a grabbag though.

A good indicator is how recently the unit deployed, and what the unit's job is. Every deploying unit in the Army goes through Rapid Fielding Initiative (RFI) before deployment. RFI is basically a phase where a lot of budget gets tossed at a unit to get their gear pimped out. A combat MOS National Guard unit that deployed within say, the last 5 years is probably fairly close to an active duty unit in gear.

I got out in 2013 and I know some USNG units were basically on par with active units for gear stuff. Some USNG units that were support staff though were behind the times, with M16A2s, limited optics, and even the occasional IBA.

I never saw something like an M16A1 in active use. The closest was my buddy being issued an XM16E1 with a BFA as a ruckmarch paperweight in AIT.
>>
>>31469604
>M16A2_side[1].jpg
>clearly an A1
>>
>>31471190
Things that didn't happen
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.