[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

INNAWOODS THREAT

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 18

File: sensitivepenix.jpg (88KB, 800x494px) Image search: [Google]
sensitivepenix.jpg
88KB, 800x494px
>Post innawoods stories
>post gear
>post survival strategies
>post hunting stories
>post spoopys
>post SHTF innawoods plans
>post SKS
>>
>Inna woods
>Dig hasty fighting position
>Set up machine gun
>Start taking small arms fire
>Do nothing because it is single shot fire
>Kick back
>Watch tracers go inches over my head
>>
File: mymom.jpg (394KB, 768x958px) Image search: [Google]
mymom.jpg
394KB, 768x958px
http://www.gunbroker.com/item/586136390

"new old stock" tula

are these pretty common in good condition like that?
>>
>>31460141
She's printing, if you know what I mean.
>>
>>31460180
I've seen her udders.
>>
>>31460141
Not as common as the yugos or chinese. 500 is a decent price for a good condition ruskie sks.
>>
File: me_irl_.jpg (178KB, 680x650px) Image search: [Google]
me_irl_.jpg
178KB, 680x650px
My SHTF plan. People in BOB thread said I would >JUST DIE<, the animals would outsmart me, where could i possibly find clay, how could i ever possibly store food

>go deep innawoods
>find a stream/creak/river, make camp about 125yd from it
>build lean to
>build fire
>hunt and fish
>make traps (fish and critters)
>eat them, brain tan skins
>get comfy in skins
>forage for berries, mushrooms, edible plants
>whenever i reach ~3 days worth of food, work on home base for a day
>clearcut a large area over time, dig for clay/find clay in river, make kiln, make stove/smoker, weave baskets, make clay pots, make wood storage stand, make stone/adobe hut, make raised food storage, make underground food storage, make compost bin, make fence/defense structures, start growing shit, water filter

If you have skills and knowledge its not that hard; it takes lots of work but its not magic. As stored food increases, you have more time and calories to improve your camp. There will be disasters and shortfalls, but as time passes you will start to get pretty god damn comfy. All those things you can build for yourself dont happen over night but inbetween getting resources you can improve your shelter, tools, security, and infrastructure. Wood and earth/clay would be my main tools for success.
>>
File: sks.png (4MB, 883x2445px) Image search: [Google]
sks.png
4MB, 883x2445px
>>31459989
>post SKS
I'd be glad to. I only hope one day I will find a place to sufficiently innawoods with it...
>>
File: IMAG0081.jpg (557KB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0081.jpg
557KB, 3264x1836px
Bumping for spooky woods
>>
>>31460454
Also I watched through some naked and afraid shit awhile back and I know its fake and they cheat, but so many of them are like "IM NOT GONNA SURVIVE IM GONNA THRIVE" yet the whole fucking show they just weave a hat, spend their time boiling water, and generally accomplish fucking nothing.

Make a god damn fish trap, literally a one time effort and if you arent a mongoloid you will catch fish.

Make a water filter holy shit. Gravel, sand, charcoal. Wow. On the season where they did like 60 days they spent the last 3 weeks just starving and boiling water.
>>
Virgina anons: we have a KiK chat group for innawoods meets and spoopy hunts all over the mid Atlantic. Message me on KiK and I'll add you to group.

KiK - VAskout
>>
>>31460518
I don't know why people say SKS. They should just say garbage.
>>
File: Guy_gun.jpg (29KB, 637x197px) Image search: [Google]
Guy_gun.jpg
29KB, 637x197px
Im about to buy pic related for my innawoods gun and hopefully bag some meat. I also wanna get either a ruger bearcat or ruger single ten for when I go camping/hunting/fishing I can plink rabbits. They are open seasons year round here.

Really looking forward to getting it all sexy with leather, polishing the action, maybe get some better sights, get that cowboy trigger. Its supposed to be 2016 production so it shouldnt be a shit.
>>
Anyone in Missouri up for some urbex or innawoods?
>>
>>31460141

I got to know who she is
>>
>>31460757

Yeah I'm down friendo. Saint Chuckies here
Got a throw away I can email?
>>
>>31460519
There's something about a forest sacked in mist/fog that gets me going. It's so peaceful, but there's that eerie feeling about the whole thing. Any other /k/ommandos get like this?
>>
>>31460454

>arts and crafts innawoods

what the fuck.

Where do you live that there's a forest large enough to completely avoid people? Why don't you have a shelter/cabin/bunker already built in your intended bug out area of operations? Have you scouted out the area? Do you have topographic maps of the area? How long do you plan on staying innawoods? Are you taking a radio, or will you be close enough to make observations of populated areas?

I dig the paleolithic plan you have, but I can't help but feel that spending your days making pottery could be spent better ways?
>>
Any good innawoods spots in louisiana where
I can take guns?
>>
>>31460339
In canada you can get an SKS for a price of 300 bucks, and nobody is gonna make you pay more than 400. And the price goes for russian, chinese, German or yugoslavian models.
>>
>>31460636
45-70 all the way!!! That'll down anything you put in the sights.
>>
>>31460339
$500 is a rape price for an AK. I was at a gun show in Dallas, TX in 2003. This joe was asking $500 for a pristine AK. I laughed. SKSs should run around $100.

This anti-gun bullshit is having an impact on markup cost.
>>
>>31462121
I wouldn't worry about ti
>>
>>31462582
its not really the clay pots, its functional shit. its not arts and crafts. make a stove/smoker is way better than cooking over a fire. make a kiln and now you have earthenware bowls and spoons and cups. making pots is step one to making some mead.

>but I can't help but feel that spending your days making pottery could be spent better ways?

thats my point, if you are out there forever once you start getting food stores then you start improving your home base. building a nice hut would be first priority then you can move on to other luxuries, but most of it would also be functional. you start off at les stroud survival level and by the time 10 years go by you are living fuckin nice.

as far as isolation there is plenty of places you can avoid people to an extent and then if you go deep in the appalacians, PNW, alaska, canada, you are pretty fuckin isolated. you gotta think though most of the people you run into when out camping, hunting, or hiking, are doing recreational activities. if SHTF then they are gonna be at home rioting over water and fiddling with their paracord bracelets. if its not SHTF and im just trying to disappear i would have time to find a more ideal location.

>How long do you plan on staying innawoods?

forever. i would probably live in the woods now but i fell in love about 12 years ago. if that falls apart of if shit gets fucked up and i can convince her to go i aint coming back. thats why im looking into these longer term type of skills and why i chose the gear I did. in that type of a situation, investing in a good axe is worth way more than a bunch of MREs. ammo is the only thing that could suck to run out of but the more i consolidate the tools i need the more ammo i can carry and if im using it solely for hunting that should last quite a while. say i take 250rds of 45-70, lets call that 200 big game kills, 3-4 a year, thats quite a while. if im in moose country that goes even further.
>>
>>31462899
>2003
>>
>>31463389
I meant 2013. Get a grip.
>>
>>31463572#

Get in this innawoods challenge thread
>>
For innawoods load out 45-70 lever action rifle or would my nugget work just as well? Or is it unfair to compare 45-70 to 54r?
>>
>>31463796
the point of the 45-70 guide gun is that its very light, short, and handy, yet will kill the FUCK out of everything. as far as range/power they are comparable in a way. you arent gonna get much range out of either but they are both high powered bullets within their operating range. a good quality guide gun is also not a shit old milsurp.

kinda unrelated but i think a good bolt action alternative to a guide gun would be a cz 527. very small and light and simple and reliable just not great for bear defense or anything real big, but good for short range hunting and just to have a gun innawoods.
>>
What should I get for a good innawoods fun? I only have my dad's old 30-30 when I go innawoods but I kinda wanna upgrade. I'm thinking about an ar-10 or some other battle rifle but I don't have too much to drop on it around $600. Should I just save up more or are there any battle rifles in that price range? The main threats around here are black bears, coyotes and panthers.
>>
What I need is for a /k/ommando to hide their autism long enough to get onto one of those shows like Survivor, then just go full First Blood
>>
>>31463911

Wasr 10/63
>>
>>31463911
$600 isnt a great budget for a rifle. AR fags will tell you to get an AR-15 even if you said you had a $400 budget and wanted a pistol. AK fags will recommend and AK in your situation and they'd be right.

I would say though your best bet is a shotgun. You can plink around with it, hunt anything with it, and fuck predators up pretty bad. If you are looking more for a toy or something strictly easily portable but with a lot of firepower Id say get a m92 AK pistol, they can be had for ~600. When it comes to getting a full size AK I find it hard to justify a $500-$650 gun when for a bit more I can just get a VEPR.

Since all you have is an old 30-30 you might wanna look at getting a pistol. definitely easy to carry, not the BEST but you can fight off predators with it or even hunt if you were starving. Black bears aren't really a threat, coyotes are barely a threat unless theres a lot of them, and cougars usually fuck off too but if you are getting stalked any gun will do. The pistol can also be used for self-defense outside of woods and home defense. Any gun I mentioned so far is good for home defense fuck the AR fags. You still would benefit from getting closer to 700-800 price range though, its really not that much more for a much better pistol and at the range start getting into good revolvers too.

In that price range though I think you could also be served well with a 10/22. A 10/22 or pump shotgun is probably your best bang for your buck.
>>
>Be in boyscouts
>inb4 gay boy scouts
>Survival campout
>Hurricane whoeverthefuck just finished wrecking shit
>Decides that going up to michigan would be a swell idea
>Rain times fucking infinity
>Cold as fuck
>Wet as fuck
>Rain gear only got in your way because it'd cling to you
>Direct some of patrol to go collect autumn olives and stuff
>Get some of the dryest things you can and use this tarp to keep them dry
>Have a couple other guys go fishing
>Contemplate navel for a bit
>Guys come back with dry material
>Who are we kidding, everything is wet
>Someone has a idea
>Dig firepit out
>Eventually find some dry charcoal
>Someone did manage to find a couple handfuls of pine needles that would oblige to burn
>Hold tarp over fire pit
>Get some charcoal to light and slowly brun
>Carefully dig up more dry charcoal and build a small pile of coals
>Berry pickers fucked off a while ago and came back with some bigger sticks
>Some genius makes a lean-to with the tarp over the fire so we don't have to hold it like a pack of tards
>Slowly baby embers into a vaguely warm pile
>Set sticks and such to dry
>A couple from the fishing crew came back
>They actually caught something in that dead pond
>They're kinda pathetic
>Fishing guys say they have more, but they just can't carry them
>Tell fishers to go clean them
>but well away from camp
>Even though it's raining raccoons will fucking fight you
>They fuck off
>Hear an excited cheer
>They managed to get something to actually light
>Just a couple of small sticks, but it's something
>Rest of fishing crew comes back
>One kid isn't wearing rain gear and is completely soaked
>He fell in the pond
>Isn't shivering
>Dumb kid has hypothermia
>Stick him by the pitiful fire, get him some dry clothes
>Night begins to fall
>We did have some canned stuff
>Some of the guys manage to cobble together a rocket stove
>Turns out fish crew were reeling in piles of these shitty little fish
>Eat like hobo kings
Fun weekend.
>>
>>31465538
sounds better than most weak ass boyscout camps. im pretty sure most eagle scouts would be dead within a week innawoods, they dont teach you shit.
>>
>>31460141
I've seen around 400 for a Tula SKS
>>
>>31468439
Some troops a poo, but my troop was alright. Pretty dysfunctional when you looked at the details (we once made a fire so big it ate three five gallon jugs of water, several shovels of sand, being spread out to the four winds, and could still light a match), but we had some great adventures. I'll try to remember any ones that were particularly noteworthy, but that was the first to come to mind.
>>
>>31459989
I wish I had some more interesting stories.

Plus my gear is pretty shite...

most of what I have with it is that me and friends would go out and use a home made stove I have for it and we made some tea while chilling out in the woods in the rain, was a pretty make shift setup and we were just plinking while shooting the shit.

Most of my friends are indoors loving NEETs and shutins but I want to get out a bit. I have made a couple Outdoorsy friends but one is off enlisted now and halfway across the country for the forsee-able future and the other is slowly gaining weight and staying inside 24/7.

Help me /k/.
>>
File: Dipsy and the shelter.jpg (334KB, 2048x1365px) Image search: [Google]
Dipsy and the shelter.jpg
334KB, 2048x1365px
>>31459989
>Innawoods
>No gunz back then
>Found a cozy shelter with a fireplace
>Set up my pad, my sleeping bag, and my teletubby
>Light a fire, gather more wood for the night
>Make myself some tea
>"Oh boy, this is gonna be a good night", happy like pic related
>At 2AM, I'm starting to get cold
>Put more wood in the fire, fire burns nicely now
>Go back to my sleeping bag, feels good, man
>Starting to fall asleep again
>A horrible noise startles me, sounds like a sick dog barking
>Dafuq is that?!
>grab my Opinel, and a long stick of wood, just in case
>Every 5 min, that horrible sound echoes through the woods
>IMGONNADIE.JPG
>After a while, it stops, I try to go back to sleep. It's 3:30AM
>It comes back, but much closer
>I curl up into a ball in my sleeping bag, just allowing for a little aperture for air to get in, and to look at the entrance of the shelter
>Noise stops again
>I can't sleep
>Go to the nearest village in the morning, tell the peasants about what I heard
>"Oh yeah, that's just a roe deer"
>mfw.jpg

It does sound pretty weird though:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjqDaEYTIgc
>>
File: Dipsy in the shelter.jpg (226KB, 2048x1365px) Image search: [Google]
Dipsy in the shelter.jpg
226KB, 2048x1365px
>>31469798
Was cozy though, wouldgoback/10
>>
>>31469826
Sweet, ganna have to try to make one of those.
>>
File: Innakit.jpg (165KB, 680x650px) Image search: [Google]
Innakit.jpg
165KB, 680x650px
>>31469826
That looks so fucking cozy, I wish we had shit like that around where I live.

Also my basic kit. Working on making a handmade knife for it. The ax I restored by hand myself, it's a pretty great tool.
>>
>>31470331
looks bad ass to incorporate into a hut. i talked big on building shit in the woods but idk if i have the balls for that stone archway.
>>
>>31460454
You would just die
>>
>>31460608
Get a load of this guy
>>
>>31463911
everybody's gonna laugh their ass off, but a hipoint carbine in .45ACP aint a bad choice. $250 for the gun, $30 for shitty optics, $40 for some extended 1911 mags (which you can modify with a dremel to be accepted by the hipoint), and you can spend the rest on accessories, chest rig/LBV/magazine sling, and ammo.

.45 will take down a deer at close range, and is perfectly suitable for defense against anything but bears. Also for the same price as a shitty AK or a shitty AR, you get a carbine with whatever lights, lasers, or grips you want on it, plus all the extras I mentioned. Get a KelTec Sub2000 if the hipoint monkeygun leaves a bad taste in your mouth, or just put an aftermarket stock on it.
>>
>>31465538
>Be in boyscouts

Stopped reading right there.
>>
File: bzDtp.jpg (740KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
bzDtp.jpg
740KB, 2048x1536px
>Post SKS
Great gun after you drop a Murray's firing pin innit.
>>
>>31460538
>a proper trap will reliably put food on your table

KEK
>>
>>31469798

Fuck I was waiting for it and it still scared the shit out of me.
>>
>>31474117
please dont try to sneak up on deers and shoot them with a .45ACP.
>>31474358
mammal trap maybe not, but if you can build a fish trap and put it where there is fish its easy pickins
>>
File: Tinky Winky sunset.jpg (996KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
Tinky Winky sunset.jpg
996KB, 3264x2448px
>>31474770
IKR, I didn't know what that was, and I was scared shitless.
>>
>>31474258
>tfw bought a yugo
>tfw the gas system is leaky as shit because they shot a bunch of corrosive ammo through it and let it sit for half a century

fuck
>>
File: 1416957914947.jpg (113KB, 1136x640px) Image search: [Google]
1416957914947.jpg
113KB, 1136x640px
Ausfailian Edition

>SHTF (cheers China/ Indonesia)
>Grab Vet buddies (all with BoB)
>Rip my gunsafe door off its hinges
>Marlin 45-70 and glawk 19 to Vet 1
>Remmy .223 and hi power to Vet 2
>Saw off 1887, leg holster new sidearm (ty amazon) don buckshot bandoleer and load up .308 RGS
>pile into HiLux
>pinch a RHIB from a local "boatyard"
>establish FOB on island 2km from land that has fresh water
>raid Bunnings for supplies and snags whenever the fuck we need to

essentially i'll be arming my mates because i KNOW they can operate, camping out getting pissed and cruising up and down a coastline raiding peacefully unless we are confronted.

plant crops, hunt inland when we need to and fish until shit dies down

if shit does NOT die down and order is NOT restored then i go back for my longbows and/ or try meet up with my family (half a country away and according to dad they will be somewhere QUITE outside anyones reach without a 4x4 and nav skills

other pistols and rifles will be backup and/or trade commodity. My ammo is more important than my shitty funz, I intend to make allegiances with any other tribes.

>zombies
>See above
>Barricade inside Bunnings Warehouse
>Survive on snags and grow veg
>literally make a fortress out of all the lumber and shit inside
>make chainsaw zombie traps and pitfalls and shit

My vet buddies and i have mulled this through over many many beers
>>
File: 1474606700533.png (195KB, 322x322px) Image search: [Google]
1474606700533.png
195KB, 322x322px
>>31463992

god yes please
>>
File: FB_IMG_1473564155795.jpg (56KB, 1024x512px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1473564155795.jpg
56KB, 1024x512px
>>31475234
You lost me at snags.
>>
File: innawoods_rustic.jpg (164KB, 680x650px) Image search: [Google]
innawoods_rustic.jpg
164KB, 680x650px
> go in woods
> walk till finding recognizable spot
> deploy your stuff as far as you can still see the this spot from sight (100m is often sufficient)
> walk around to check any primal roomate
> search for some branchages and natural water source
> if settlement seems ready, mark the spot on the GPS and begin exploration.

> returns before night to check out if any primal hasn't destroyed camp or any looters passing by.
PS : no food survival strategy here, just enjoying your time. The camera in the gear is here to give you souvenirs.
>>
>>31475417
>>31475417

Bunnings snags are a national treasure
>>
would a 308 battle rifle be sufficient for innawoods, and if so what particular rifles would be favorable in the woods in the sense of being the least prone to jamming up in outdoor conditions
>>
File: 20160408_123525.jpg (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20160408_123525.jpg
2MB, 1920x1080px
Been putting together a good 1-2 day bag, Texas Gulf Coast here so hurricane are legit a problem. Got food + water and toiletries so far, ammo as well, and fire starting methods. I need a larger pack so I can stash more food and my sleeping bag.
>>
>>31475601

Being Ausfailian we can only into boltguns

my RGS (Ruger Gunsite Scout) serves me well out to 300 yards even using subsonic rounds
>>
>>31475601
.308 battle rifle would be fine and good for fighting, FAL would be fine, M14 meh, AR-10 eeehhh, if youre obsessed with reliability VEPR makes a .308. If you successfully make it to the woods I think a .308 bolt would be better, better for hunting and sneekibreeki defense rather than full battle.
>>
>>31460454
>he seen that homeless youtuber that sits in the woods and makes retarded clay houses and now he thinks he can be self sustaining in the wilderness
>>
>>31462899
>i still think decades old prices apply
Dont make me sad anon
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>31470487

Here is an actual picture of it all, missing is my fixed blade (making it by hand so might be a while), my tarp, my canteens, and my backpack.

Anything to add to this anons?
(In canada so not much in the way of funs yet, the govt fucked up never sent it, and I have been trying to get my PAL paperwork for almost 2 years now)
>>
>>31477775
>homeless youtuber that sits in the woods and makes clay houses
This sounds cool. Link?
>>
>>31480320
primitive technology
>>
>>31475234
You have 2 veterinary friends?
>>
>>31477775
ive been playing mud hut jungle bunny for awhile, i really like his design with the underfloor heating + stove in that one hut. He missed an opportunity to make that chimney in the back into a integrated smoker. Actually just a little mini hut added on the back as a smoke chamber would be perfect.

>>31478361
Get a sexier axe. I'm a fanboy of Helko.
Thread posts: 69
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.