[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bio-weapons

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 12

So would a Tyrant from resident evil have any combat worth in a modern battlefield.
>>
Possible. If a way to control it could be made then yes very useful. Maybe drop them in behind enemy lines and watch then wreak havoc.
>>
>>31459661
Not against a Motorised rifle platoon.

Also has a distinct disadvantage against aerial vehicles such as the A-10.

Its performance is limited in a stand up fight against a military force employing armored vehicles etc.
>>
Not really. If its an older RE1 tyrant, its really not that tough, maybe an rpg or a few rifle grenades would be sufficient to bring it down, which doesn't justify the multi-million dollar cost per unit. If were talking modern CG movie or RE6 tyrants that keep coming back every time they are killed, they're honestly as great a risk for your own forces as they are for your enemy since its so hard to bring one down when they inevitably go wild.
>>
>>31459661

I doubt it. Don't they have exposed hearts are something?

And besides, if one food shooting it doesn't drop it can't you just apply more shooting until it dies? I don't think it'd stand up to a 40mm.
>>
File: TYL.jpg (69KB, 560x1120px) Image search: [Google]
TYL.jpg
69KB, 560x1120px
>>31460254
>I doubt it. Don't they have exposed hearts are something?

Only the prototypes. The latest version has the internal organs protected by armored skin and can lift a BMP-3.
>>
>>31460796

Oh. So 40mm then?
>>
File: HunterDSC.jpg (52KB, 560x420px) Image search: [Google]
HunterDSC.jpg
52KB, 560x420px
Super soldiers even the ones that follow orders created by umbrella seem to have a spectacular way of going completely turn coat with the added bonus of mutating into something even more unstable when injured or brought near death.

However Hunters especially the ones that can be ordered from the drone spotter and their eye piece I could see being extremely lethal and effective. I could see something like a quad-copter drone being really effective at quickly sweeping buildings.
Just imagine a swarm of them converging on a fortified position.
I just don't want to be sitting next to one even if it's not trained to kill me.

I guess this also proves Umbrellas product ultimately sucks at its core function (super soldier)
>>
>>31459661

Don't they die after anti tank rocket and are slow as fuck going by RE1~3 rules?
>>
File: Hastalastarbaby.png (131KB, 511x445px) Image search: [Google]
Hastalastarbaby.png
131KB, 511x445px
>>31460796
>Those fists, no hands
>completely unable to use a weapon unlike the nemesis or T-00 which are trained to use firearms and even anti-tank/MANPADS weapons.

>somehow an upgrade
>>
File: WITH MY MIND.png (171KB, 256x356px) Image search: [Google]
WITH MY MIND.png
171KB, 256x356px
What about these guys?
>>
>>31461008
psychic soldiers would be very useful

even if it were basic shit like platoons that were ably to communicate with each other and relay information instantly via telepathy
>>
>>31460905

Theres also the fact that according to Resident Evil survivor you have to harvest brain tissues from still living teenagers to make Tyrants. Theres one note saying the T-virus would work by giving a delayed version to POWs and repatriating them. Probably the only effective means of employment. Not to mention their small arms development consisted of a gun that shot land mines and a tazer that had a range of 20 meters.
>>
File: 1_talos1.jpg (37KB, 411x369px) Image search: [Google]
1_talos1.jpg
37KB, 411x369px
>>31460995
The final version of the tyrant has an AA battery attached to it's back.
>>
>>31461146
Lack of encryption makes it unsuitable for long term.
>>
>>31461167

What Resident Evil game was that? What the fuck is going on with that left arm?
>>
>>31461147
That was because the T-virus only cause tyrant mutations in 1-1,000,000 people or by using stress hormones/brain tissue from young people in the final injection. Anyone one else would start going mad and turn basically turn into a zombie. The virus was never meant to create zombies just as tool to aid in genetic engineering.
>>
>>31461180
Cronicles, it was a pretty shitty enemy too even with the weapons.
>>
>>31459661
> Cannot operate in a fire team.
> Cannot switch roles and adapt to changing circumstances
> Cannot be trained to do complex tasks or operate sophisticated weaponry
> Difficult to control; does not respond to social motivations like loyalty, esprit de corps, etc.
> Does not inspire trust or cameraderie in fellow soldiers

The modern battlefield is about groups of well-trained humans working together to achieve a goal.

A Tyrant would be as useful as an enraged bear, or a pack of rabid dogs.
>>
Considering the fact Tyrants usually get killed by a single, if extremely exceptional, person, they probably wouldn't stand much chance in a military situation against a coordinated and well equipped squad.

>>31460995
Has the right idea, Nemesis type Tyrants were smart enough to use weapons, giving them a great advantage over other Tyrants that never seemed smart enough to use weapons.

Plus, the Nemesis was extremely hard truly kill, usually just falling unconscious and regenerating. If deployed in a squad format, having other Nemeses to cover a downed unit would make them even more hard to kill.
>>
>>31461276
So great if you could insert it behind enemy lines.
>>
File: Tickle chamber.jpg (88KB, 1800x997px) Image search: [Google]
Tickle chamber.jpg
88KB, 1800x997px
>Biological weapons will never be used beyond clandestine govenment projects that would be tinfoil-hat tier to talk about with civilian plebs ever again ;__;
>>
>>31459661
Could be used as a distraction carnifex, everyone would be shooting at it and wouldn't pay attention to the other troops with it.
>>
>>31461283
>>31461276

All tyrants can use guns and following orders to the letter, the one in RE2 was armed with a Five N Seven but never used it because he was ordered to retrieve the G-virus sample without damaging it (also meta wise, the developer felt enemies with firearms would kill the horror aspect of the game)
>>
>>31461337
Is that for groping?
>>
>>31461380
>Nemesis shouldering his rocket launcher
>Not some of the most pants shitting horror experience in a Resident Evil game

Dog hallway from 1, Regenerators in 4, and Iron Maidens in 4 are among the it's peers.
>>
>>31459661
I think it depends largely on the cost to produce them. If They cost a couple million a unit no, they're useless, if you can inject anyone with the virus and wait then sure it would be useful to have a team of expendable bullet sponges that can punch down brick walls.

Really what you'd want is whatever they injected Wesker with, aside from needing a shot every few days he didn't have any negative effects.
>>
File: IMG_4145.jpg (51KB, 400x388px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4145.jpg
51KB, 400x388px
>>31461337
>>31461416
Imagine getting a nice rub n tug in one of those things
>>
>>31461416

It's for isolating and treating patients with very severe, high-risk infections such as Ebola. But it doesn't have to be just for that. ;)
>>
File: 1311694337147.jpg (62KB, 511x600px) Image search: [Google]
1311694337147.jpg
62KB, 511x600px
>>31461504
Douchebaginess.

I forget, were the sunglasses to hide his red eyes or was it sensitivity to light? I vaguely remember the fight in 5 (before the volcano) involved using light to blind him so you could overdose him.
>>
>>31461569
There was something with the light, he couldn't adjust to rapid changes or something like that. I think it's a pretty good trade for being able to walk off a shotgun blast to the face and being able to outrun most cars.
>>
>>31461569
It wasn't blinding with light. It was shutting off all the lights so you can nail him with a rocket launcher. Had Wesker removed his sunglasses, maybe he could have won.
>>
>>31461840
There must be a reason why he didn't remove his sunglasses.
>>
Slightly off-topic, but which of the viruses/parasites would actually make the most effective bioweapon? Personally, I'm leaning towards the Las Plagas, specifically the Dominant/Leader variant

>Superhuman strength
>Superhuman durability
>Good regeneration
>Most stable mutation
>Doesn't affect intelligence
>Doesn't discriminate between hosts
>Easily stored long term
>Can be used to command other forces
>>
>>31462169
Assuming you could maximize dispersion, regular old T-Virus would be a great weapon. Airborne, extreme lethality, long lasting secondary effects, all the qualities of a good chemical weapon.

And once your enemy has gone quiet, it's just a matter of wiping out the handful of remaining zombies or the survivors.
>>
>>31462169
The T-Virus was never to be used as a bio weapon in a pathogen/zombie pathogenic sense (though it was a good side effect in some eyes).

The virus was simply a gene carrier that was used to genetically engineer humans/other animals into super soldiers/living weapons. It would infect cells and re-write the DNA of those cells. Like any virus however it would self-replicate at the cost of destroying the host cell. Which was a big problem because it eventually ended up degrading the host into a zombie at the cost of all that energy. The only time it didn't self-replicate was in hosts who had a 1-10million person compatibility who could become tyrants.
>>
File: Tyrant_large.jpg (39KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
Tyrant_large.jpg
39KB, 800x450px
If tyrants were easier and cheaper to produce, they could easily replace special operations. Just drop 50 of these behind enemy lines and watch the enemy infrastructure crumble to pieces. Of course, they would also need weapons and have proper roles to work as a team.
>>
Resident Evil Damnation actually explores this a little, the BOWs overrun some generic post-Soviet slavs in the middle of a civil war and then get cleaned up by Russia and the US stepping in. The Tyrant itself catches a hefty dose of BRRT.
>>
>>31459661
I imagine it being a terror weapon at best.

One or more of them would be dropped into a location where the enemy does not have the means to stop them right away. Then the enemy would have to send men/equipment to a strategically unimportant location, or else let it run loose and let it kill a whole lot of civilians.

Also it would only work on enemies that don't have ways of taking it out quickly via an air strike or guided missile or anything "quick" like that.

Would be interesting to see how much a tyrant would mess up a counter-insurgency. If you could "program" it like the Nemesis to only go after specific targets they could be set loose in rural areas without too much collateral damage.
>>
>>31461974
The game would have been over when he brutally beat Chris to death with Sheva's body. Wesker was RE's version of nothin personnel, he was only beaten by his own faults.
>>
people like sherry and both father and Son Wesker are actually superior example of bioweapons.

they are just basically superhuman soldier.
>>
>>31462483
Don't forget the one that got its head blown off by a BMP-3.
>>
>>31462678
Chris is a supersoldier who can fucking punch 2 ton boulders out of the way, and he didn't take the easy way with any viruses. Just good old fashioned steroids.
>>
>>31461504
>>Really what you'd want is whatever they injected Wesker with, aside from needing a shot every few days he didn't have any negative effects.

Jack from Re7 is actually even better. He's weaker but lack the need of maintenance like his dad.

Wesker could have made an entire army of super soldier with his enhanced dick.
>>
>>31462718
>Jack from Re7

Wow. You fucked that up.

You mean JAKE from RE6?
>>
>>31462729
yes, I did fucked that one up. I mean jake from re6
>>
>>31462678
And they're all anime tier levels of realism. The father can move faster than the eye can see and his son can punch a 500 pounds behemoth to death.
>>
>>31462744
I see your behemoth and raise you a giant rock sitting in an active volcano.

Chris is best musclefu.
>>
>>31459661
>Troop of Tyrants get wiped by a sqaud of Rangers in RE3.
>>
>>31463295
That was just to show how much superior Nemesis was and how waifu Jill can kick his ass.
>>
>>31462729
>>31462737
I think you guys are talking about Jake from Statefarm
>>
>>31461008
Grenade launchers would be unnecessary. Just hurl a regular impact grenade with telekinesis.
>>
>>31463493
Jill was Delta force, so that's like 100 rangers.
>>
>>31459661
A Nemesis would have a pretty good advantage if you're looking to take out specific targets in a war torn urban environment
>>
>>31461569
I for one appreciate our medical personnel

Thanks, Doc
>>
Tyrants looked badass as fuck in RE Damnation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9I_E01PYjVc
>>
File: mfw.jpg (234KB, 661x757px) Image search: [Google]
mfw.jpg
234KB, 661x757px
>>31465031
Now if we only could give it some kind of ranged weapon like a 14.5mm machine gun or 23mm autocanon.

Whats more scary?
>A Tyrant running after YOU
or
>A Tyrant running after you with a FUCKING AUTOCANON FIRING AT YOU.
>>
>Terrorists in building
>Send in a Tyrant
>Take out terrorists and redo the walls at the same time
>>
>>31461974
He's Wesker & they look good on him.
>>
>>31461504
>>31461569

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHSGLMNUWuQ
>>
>>31460995
I'll give you stars
>>
>>31472088
That's the name of my YouTube channel.
>>
>>31461479
meh by the time you got to iron maidens you were probably used to regenerators.
>>
>>31472097
RE3 speed runner please leave
>>
Maybe with some cybernetic implants or mental conditioning? Something like >>31460905 or >>31461167 ?

>>31461380
Since when did Mr. X had a gun on him. Could it even fit in his big, strong hands?

>>31465130
There was a concept art from in-between 1.5 and 2 featuring a T-103 with a big gun.
>>
>>31473100
All the Mr. X types had some form of control method that never failed. They also had some sort of limiter that kept them from experiencinf runaway mutations, provided the limiter wasn't damaged.
Thread posts: 66
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.