[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

American f-14 vs libyan mig 23

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 14

File: f14.jpg (491KB, 900x500px) Image search: [Google]
f14.jpg
491KB, 900x500px
Recently released video of a dog fight between the two. Thought /k/ would find this interesting.
https://youtu.be/PIUowqD0uY8
>>
>>31448916
>f-16 BTFO'D
>Americlaps forever enraged
>>
This is old.
It even says the video was published last year.
>>
>>31448916
>1989

>claiming the libyans were the aggressors
>in their own back yard
>claiming the americans were trying to avoid confrontation
>when the americans were flying military jets on the other side of the world in the first place
>>
F-14chan is my fighterfu
>>
>>31449266
Libya had in fact been screwing with freedom of navigation in the Meditteranean.

Really though, after the La Belle disco bombing, we just wanted to fuck Gaddafi for any reason we could find.

Good on Obama for finally crossing him off of the ledger.
>>
File: brutal.gif (422KB, 500x265px) Image search: [Google]
brutal.gif
422KB, 500x265px
>>31448916
>the libyan pilot that survived gets fuckin abandoned by his country
>>
>>31449501
American globalist interventionism at its finest.

Literally applauding for the destruction of the dam on islamic terror, resulting in the flooding of western europe in a mass of migrants who hate everything we are while he dismantles every element of border security we have just so we can "cross one off the list" because he shot down two birds that invaded his airspace 30 years ago.

Literally cutting off your nose to spite your face.
>>
>>31449501
>freedom of navigation
ahahahahahahhahha
ahahaha

americans actually think "freedom of navigation" is a real thing, oh boy

that's like the chinese thinking other asian nations promised them land in the 1600's, or jews thinking isreal is given to them by god

tell me murican, when russian fighter jets fly in northern european airspace is that "freedom of navigation"?

when the iraqi's mass troops on their borders, is that "freedom of navigation"

let me set the record straight, the global consensus is that moving your troops into someone elses backyard is "an act of aggression"
ask yourself for a miniuit WHY you carrier groups are where they are, pro tip: it's not just because they can

there is an international concensus on the freedom of marine trade, that countries shouldn't block or tarrif trade vessles not docking
but that is strictly trade vesles passing through, akin to countries not banning passenger aircraft flying over them

as of recent, americans have been trying to confuse the two terms to justify their gunboat diplomacy in asia and the med

you fuck libya or china, I don't care; they deserve it
but don't try to bullshit us about it
>>
File: 1468533649844.jpg (23KB, 460x345px) Image search: [Google]
1468533649844.jpg
23KB, 460x345px
>>31449266
>>claiming the libyans were the aggressors
>>in their own back yard

F14's were 92nm off the cost if Libya which is considered international waters (territorial waters are within 12nm)

>>claiming the americans were trying to avoid confrontation

The American pilots changed course 5 times to avoid the MIGs but the MIGs always adjusted for interception and activated their tracking radar (which is a hostile act that is recognized by all militaries)

>>when the americans were flying military jets on the other side of the world in the first place

We had a carrier in international waters that was carrying out a routine sortie in international waters. I don't see the problem here.
>>
>>31449605
>America bombing Libya is responsible for Muslims invading Europe

Nah, y'all are doing a fine job of allowing that on you're own. You don't need our help.
>>
>>31449605
>resulting in the flooding of western europe
Literally all you had to do was enforce your own border security and say "no, we won't take you in." If we're going to be blamed for every violation of your borders, then apply for annexation as non-voting territories and pay the fuck up.
>>
>>31449663
>Russian fighter jets.
It's fine as long as they aren't armed and have announced their flight plans

>amassing troops on your border
Perfectly fine, just don't expect your neighbors to not go "wtf are you doing" and putting their own forces on the border. We can put all the fucking troops we want in Israel and nobody would do shit. We fuck with China all the time and they never respond with force because they know what will happen.

Don't fucking poke the bear

If they're in international water then they're fine. They were.

You don't see Chinese shooting P-3s when they fly over shitty islands and you don't see Americans shooting Chinese ships when they're utilizing freedom of navigation around US shores.

Fuck off, America a best
>>
>>31449762
well they might be your personal beliefs, but they arn't accepted by many other people around the world

if you move millitary assets onto an enemies doorstep, it's an act of aggression

>It's fine as long as they aren't armed and have announced their flight plans
is that what the poles think

there is no "law" about this, these low level confrontations are all about might makes right

when battleships have radio directed guns, and carriers have a strike range whether you are in international waters or not isn't really relevent

US milliraty carriers are not out joy-cruisins in the med

america is the global agressor
then your polliticans write their own rules and try to pass them off as international norms
>>
>act of aggression
Which isn't a declaration of war.

The US did not use force at the time, Libya did. They escalated the situation and were promptly btfo'd.

Stop trying to hate the US.
>>
>>31449605
Shitskin in Europe pleas go. Shouldn't you be groping a Swedish/German girl right now?
>>
>>31450273
>The US did not use force at the time

in the way police put you in a joint lock, then claim you started the fight when you kick the cops legs

US diplomacy is fairly straightforward
surround the other guy with troops, park carriers off his coast, fly planes though his air corridors, move land forces in nearby friend countries on "a training exercise", embargo his products and resources, fund opposition movements, back terrorists.

then when he tries to push you off his doorstep, "THE OTHER GUY ESCALATED THE CONFLICT"
when he tries to fight the terrorists "WE NEED TO INTERVENE IN THE CIVIL WAR"
when he physically blocks your path "WE NEED TO PROTECT FREEDOM OF NAVIGATION"

get real man, nobody outside the US buys your shit
even your allies don't buy your shit
>>
>>31450362
Do you think all those things you described happen for no reason?
Libya had all those things happen because they tried to fuck around in central asia with the French, the Italians and Egyptians in the Med, supported terrorists worldwide and were general cunts to the international community.
>>
>>31450618
now that is the real reason

just say that to start with
>>
>>31449266
Thanks for the comedy.
>>
>>31449266
You didn't actually read about the background for this did you?
>>31449605
Ghaddafi in the Cold War era was one of the biggest pain in the asses we ever had to deal with. Wouldn't have minded keeping him around in the present day, but back then he helped fund a while boatload of left-wing terror groups. Also every time he attempted to intervene militarily abroad his forces were atrociously bad (read up on the Toyota War).
>>
>>31449958
>>>31449762
>well they might be your personal beliefs
No you fucking idiot, that's the reality of the world. Your own fucking example disproves you! Russian aircraft flying over the Baltic or over the North Sea are not shot down, and that's for a fucking reason.

>>31450362
>get real man, nobody outside the US buys your shit
This is ESPECIALLY hilarious because actually the US is one of the few countries who HASN'T ratified UNCLOS, though since it has been signed it acts according to it.
>>
>>31449958
Again, read up the backstory of the '89 encounter. I already explained it a bit here
>>31451051
Ghaddafi backed commie/Islamic groups that operated all over the fucking world, it's thanks to that shitstain that groups like the Red Brigades, Red Faction Army, the Commie/Muzzie groups in the Philippines, and various other commie rebel/terror groups could operate all over the world. I know the world has collective short memory but before Al Qaeda/ISIS it was groups like these hijacking planes and planting bombs everywhere. Ghaddafi would start shit at the drop of a hat, like deciding he didn't like Egypt anymore when Sadat decided to throw in with the west. Ghaddafi got his shit pushed in then. Or that time he backed that wackjob Idi Amin in his war with Tanzania by sending several Libyan units to back him. That expedition ended in total failure. Then he decided to back the opposition in Chad with military support and gets his shit pushed in AGAIN by Africans in technicals. The whole time he's constantly bitching and moaning.

Now do I think we should've ousted him so late in life? Probably not, he would've shuffled off in a few years and gradually things would've moved along in Libya at a fair pace. But that didn't happen. But don't fucking sit there and point the finger at us when we had longstanding grievances against the guy.
>>
File: 1988-Lockerbie-bomb.jpg (126KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
1988-Lockerbie-bomb.jpg
126KB, 1200x630px
Fuck the Libyans. Based Obama did what that pussy Reagan didn't.
>>
>>31451167
Reagan did try and kill Gaddafi. But the Italians warned him and he got out of his compound before the planes hit it.
>>
>>31451167
Why is plane kill?
>>
>>31451207
Gaddafi blew it up. It's like people forgot that he was THE Islamic terrorist of the 80s.
>>
>>31451167
Reagan was a cuck.
>>
>>31449501
>Good on Obama for finally crossing him off of the ledger.
I worked intel for both the 2011 Libya operations, and the whole thing stank. There was stuff involved with it that would really make your eyes raise; not to mention that politically it was an incredibly foolish move on many levels. Things were fine there, Quaddafi hadn't done shit to anyone other than his own people in 25 years after Reagan taught him a lesson. Now Libya is a shithouse breeding and harboring terrorists.
>>
>>31451437
loose lips anon
>>
>>31451437
If you're going to Snowden yourself, at least post something interesting.
>>
>>31451069
the laws of the sea have been practiced and understood by people around the world for a thousand years, they were regarded with reverence by most nations through history.

the us deciding not to sign is part of a broader policy by the US to not sign anything it doesn't write

the way the US sees it, why sign something when they could just do it in practice and avoid criticism

regardless of whether the US is a signitory, they understand the expectations of them while at sea, and as such know what they are doing is an aggressive act

I'm not saying it's illegal, all I'm saying is that it's laughable when the US tries to re-brand gunboat diplomacy

and in response to your comment on the baltic, sometimes these provocations result in actual casualties, sometimes they don't
you cant say that these kind of maneuvers are non-aggresive
>>
>>31448916
>pick a fight with Uncle Sam
>get BTFO of the sky

When will the sandniggers ever learn?
>>
>>31448916
I imagine this is what an air war with the Soviet Union/the Warsaw Pact would have looked like, an absolute turkey-shoot
>>
>>31451437
Well then why did we remove Quaddafi?
I'm genuinely curious, if you said the intel didn't support it.
>>
>>31452238
Same reason as Saddoom, people trying to be world police.
>>
>>31452254
You'd think the policymakers would be the smartest and most qualified, to get in such a position of power.

Who the fuck am I kidding. It's all who's back you scratch, who you know, and how good you are at smooth talking.
>>
>>31448916
why do these threads trigger 3rd wold posters so god damn much?
>>
File: 1467006010258.gif (823KB, 245x281px) Image search: [Google]
1467006010258.gif
823KB, 245x281px
>>31449266
>when the americans were flying military jets on the other side of the world in the first place

you don't understand. The United States flies where it wants.
>>
>>31449501
>good on Obama
King nig literally contributed to an even larger destabilization of the middle east and the killing of a pretty fair and effective leader who loved his country and people
>>
File: Feels-Bad-Man.jpg (31KB, 475x475px) Image search: [Google]
Feels-Bad-Man.jpg
31KB, 475x475px
>the Libyans left the pilots to die in the sea
>>
>>31448916
The MiG-23 was the equal of the F-14. The Tornado GR4 was the equal of the F-15E, and the F.2 of the F-15C
>>
This is ancient. This is literally on the falcon 4.0 menu music.
>>
File: 1457192294041.jpg (166KB, 728x1207px) Image search: [Google]
1457192294041.jpg
166KB, 728x1207px
>>31449266
The entire world is our backyard and we shall do with it as we please.
>>31449605
Freedom isn't free. Also, fuck europe. No one told them to open the flood gates to immigrants, they did it to themselves.
>>
File: 1474717696706.jpg (18KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1474717696706.jpg
18KB, 480x480px
>>31449605
Stay made fucking commie.
>>
>>31451176
Typical Italians.
>>
>>31451779
I'm not going to because any good that Snowden did by revealing the NSA's doings was overshadowed by the treason he committed when he provided those computers to Russia and China.
>>
File: RGB_Puzzle.jpg (4MB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
RGB_Puzzle.jpg
4MB, 1536x2048px
>>
File: image.jpg (25KB, 323x455px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
25KB, 323x455px
>>31449762
>announce their flight plans

The flight plan I just filed with the agency lists me, my men, Dr. Pavel here...but only one of you!
>>
>>31448916
Holy shit that video is garbage, fuck you OP
>>
How big a gap is there in performance between a MiG-23 and F-14? Looking at first flights and rollout dates I would think the F-14 was designed with the possibility of fighting a Flogger in mind.
>>
>>31454902
Fuck off, vid is gold.
>>
>>31449663
We can go wherever we want :) You can't touch us.
>>
>>31448916
>recently

It was released back in the 90s.

What about the video you linked looks 'recent' to you?
>>
>>31449605
>resulting in the flooding of western europe

Merkel advertising that Germany will give free money and housing to brown people is the reason Europe is cucked. When Germany got full it used the EU to force member states to take on some of the burden.
>>
>>31455036
Pretty big if we go from soviet documents from 1980-08-25.
>>
>>31448916
turkey lives matter
>>
File: zip-it.png (402KB, 606x606px) Image search: [Google]
zip-it.png
402KB, 606x606px
>>31451312
see
>>31451176
>>
>>31449663
You going to cry, Anon? Need a tissue?
>>
File: HillaryClintonBali.jpg (46KB, 512x599px) Image search: [Google]
HillaryClintonBali.jpg
46KB, 512x599px
>>31449685
>>31449718
>>31453061
>>31453241
>>31457456
For the fucking record, I'm an American.

That doesn't mean I endorse fucking Europe up. They can be shitheads but they're literally the only other people on this earth not living in mudhuts, eating dogs, or bombing each other.

And as fuck your smug ass attitudes, we are as cucked as them if not more depending on where you live in the USA. We are sliding backwards pretty fucking fast friendos.

Although what we did in Libya is having the effect of turning the heat up real quick rather than letting it come to a slow boil. Case in point the recent Austrian elections...

Doubt that was our intent though.
>>
>>31449266
>>
>The entire world is our backyard and we shall do with it as we please.
Still remember when Putin blew the United States, Obama and Clinton out of the water when he rejected the no fly zone in syria.
>>
>>31449605
>Literally applauding for the destruction of the dam on islamic terror
Don't see US bombing border patrols of Italy or Romania or Germany.
>>
>>31457516
sauce?
>>
>>31449670
>activated their tracking radar (which is a hostile act that is recognized by all militaries)

lol no

fire control radar yes, "tracking radar" isn't even a thing and if you're talking about search radar then literally every vessel of every military is running those 24/7
>>
>>31462358
https://www.cia.gov/library/readingroom/docs/1980-08-25.pdf
Thread posts: 66
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.