[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Going on a 4 day hiking trip at Yosemite National park >With

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 8

File: 1474468271204.jpg (490KB, 792x1229px) Image search: [Google]
1474468271204.jpg
490KB, 792x1229px
>Going on a 4 day hiking trip at Yosemite National park
>With a bunch of hippie lefties I've known for a couple of months (I'm from the bay area)
>They don't know I'm a Trump supporting gun lover
>Will bring my Baretta M9 and probably buy a holster to carry it around

What should I expect from this? Already know one girl in my group is hugely anti gun, not really sure the political beliefs of the others though. I don't want to be one of those faggots who parades it around like I'm the sheriff in town. I'm considering just bringing a smaller concealed .22 and not tell anyone, but that won't kill a mountain lion very well if one attacks me. Should I just stuff the M9 in my backpack and not tell anyone? What does /k/ recommend?
>>
Open carry it, wear a MAGA hat, and just stare at them if they chimp out.
>>
>>31443992
A .22 isnt going to do jack shit. A m9 won't deter mountain lions or bears. If you can't be yourself around these people why even hang out with them?
>>
>>31443992
at2013/pct2014/cdt2015 here

Its not very /k/ but you wont need a gun, dont ruin your trip and potentially alienate yourself from your /out/ buddies.
>>
>>31443992
Open carry. Don't be the faggot sheriff. Don't even unholster (unless you have to). Make it as small a deal as possible. If someone raises stink you can say
>its for personal safety. I can just go home if you don't want me to be here
That little guilt at the end has worked for me. If the whole groups thinks thats best you should probably get new friends anyway.

For fucks sake don't mention trump. If anyone asks, give your opinion, then politely change the subject; don't become a meme for their ammo.
>>
>>31444045
I'm pretty sure they're going to assume that someone who is carrying a gun most likley not to vote for Hillary or waste vote on stien or johnson.
>>
>>31444070
Normies dont even know johnson. Although if they're bay area hippies, maybe. Actually would be kind of funny to head fuck someone and say you're voting Hilldawg while open carrying
>>
>>31443992
Open carry the 9.

>OMG ANON IS THAT A GUN
>WHY DO YOU HAVE A GUN
>politely explain to them that mountain lions are a thing
>???
>profit
>>
>>31444045

Good advice. They may not say anything, but will talk behind your back the whole trip, treating you like you're Elliot. Hopefully after the first trip they'll get comfortable on the next one.
>>
>>31444233
Checked. Which is exactly why I emphasized keeping on the down-low while still keeping personal safety intact. They need to acclimate.
>>
Calfag here. Are you sure it is even legal? From my understanding the state law is pretty vague about carrying in a no-discharge area, and federal law does not preempt it.

Yosemite is a no-discharge area.
>>
>>31443992
>Defending against wild animals with a 9mm

Just get bear mace or a serious revolver
>>
>>31444331
Source
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=186457

Don't get arrested OP. You should know better than to own guns in Cuckiforniastan.
>>
>>31443992
You cannot open carry in CA at all let alone in a national park. If you have a ccw valid in CA you could cc buy thats it. And if you discharge your gun within yosimitie you'd get federally aasfuckes by the laws. It's like you didn't even bother to look uo their rules.
>>
>>31444407
Open carry of knives is fine though. Just strap a hunting knife to your belt and no one will bat an eye.
>>
>>31444400

This, since you can't run high capacity in CA anyway. Bring the wheel gun.
>>
>>31444409
This is wrong, you can open carry on unincorporated or BLM land if shooting is not prohibited.

So BLM land and some National Forests.
>>
>>31443992
Don't be a pussy OP. Get a Para-M1 Carbine and fold the stock to make it fit in your bag. When you get into Yellowstone run around with it screaming about how the Japs are in the Trees. Make it hell for those fucking hippies.
>>
>>31444331
>>31444407
Yellowstone isn't even in Cuckifornia.
>>
>>31444470
Read the first sentence of OPs post.
>>
>>31444331
>state law applies over federal law on federal land
Seems unlikely.
>>
>>31444518
Baka gaijin, read the calguns link. Federal law doesn't require open carry, it just doesnt prohibit it.
>>
>>31444331

It's legal. I've done it before, unless they changed the law in the past few years? Yosemite is federal land. Only areas you can't carry are government buildings.
>>
>>31444629
2014 ban on open carry. Also, because no one gave you a hard time doesn't mean it is legal.

California: Nothing is true. Everything is prohibited.
>>
>>31444331
You can carry innawoods without exception in Ca. Doesn't matter if it's at a KOA. But willl law enforcement harass you about it? Probably.
>>
>>31444456
GOOKS IN THE WIRE
>>
>>31443992

I have a closed waist-pouch I carry a gun in when I'm at innawoods gatherings where guns might be less than welcome, ie kids' fishing events, hiking trails where liberal retards are known to research, trail-running. If I'm out with family, I'd rather just enjoy the occasion than be some reverse SJW causing shit, which I'm more than happy to do when alone or with my bros.
>>
>>31443992
Tell the hippies to wear bright colored clothing. It totally won't attract dangerous animals. Totally.
>>
>>31444045

Best advice.
>>
File: 1468984703688.jpg (35KB, 231x255px) Image search: [Google]
1468984703688.jpg
35KB, 231x255px
>>31444008
>A m9 won't deter mountain lions or bears
>>
ITT no one has any idea how California gun laws work.

I'm all for ignoring the law, but just know what you're getting into.
>>
itt: 'responsible' gun owners.
>>
I'm not sure if people are just trolling or if they really think that federal law doesn't trump state law on federal land.
>>
You can carry in national parks. You cannot carry into the federal buildings on national park land (visitor centers and such). You need to follow all CA laws while in a national park in CA. You can concealed carry in Yosemite if you have a CA CCW, otherwise I think you're out of luck legally.
>>
ITT no one realizes that prohibited shooting areas = prohibited open carry.

I'm just going to assume everyone is trolling and not retarded enough to believe that State laws don't apply to federal land.

Otherwise we all would have 30 rnd mags, wouldn't we?
>>
>>31445526
We don't?
>>
>>31444023
>dont ruin your trip and potentially alienate yourself from your /out/ buddies.
forget this
bring your m9 and cc
>>
>>31445526
30 round mags aren't illegal in ca
>>
>>31445725
Starting next year they are. No grandfathering in.

This is the future you chose.
>>
File: 1303099026486.jpg (30KB, 319x418px) Image search: [Google]
1303099026486.jpg
30KB, 319x418px
>>31445250
You know, I kinda wonder what a wadcutter of that caliber would do to a mountain lion.
>>
Open carry is illegal in California state parks
>>
>31446242

Yosemite is FEDERAL land, not state land. Federal law trumps state law.

Seriously though, does anyone have a serious answer to this with sources? I'm 99% sure it's legal to open carry on national parks.
>>
>>31444435
yeah yosemite is NOT one of those places. you will get assraped by ranger rick if you fire in the park.
>>
>>31445526
They don't. It's entirely legal to open carry a firearm in all national parks.

>https://www.nps.gov/yose/planyourvisit/weapons.htm
>>
>>31446291
Better to get rumprammed by ranger rick than mauled by a mountain lion
>>
>>31444331
>>31444045
>>31444023
>>31444001
>>31444099
Don't tell them shit they'll probable contact park rangers. Be the silent majority OP. From your fellow California fag.
>>
>>31443992

You know, actually talk to your friends like a normally adjusted person.

>Hey, this is anon, any wild animals that we might need tonworry about? (Pretend you are a little stupid, puts them on the high ground, not the defensive)

Oh yeah, maybe mountain lions, possibly a bear blah blah blah

>Well, shoot, I have a pistol my dad will let me borrow (don't talk about your autistic obsession) should i bring that along?

Either: yeah, not a bad idea or no, indent really like that idea.

>Well, I'd feel safer with it, I'm going to bring it. It won't be a problem, won't even take it out unless I need to

So, open on the "I'm stupid whats an animal?" Durr hurr and let them feel superior and knowledgeable, then bring up the fact. Most outdoorsmen, no matter how leftist, are of the "always be prepared" mindset, most wouldn't have a problem with carrying for protection against animals. If he has a problem, then assert yourself and bring it anyway.

This of course should be directed at the "leader" ofbthe expedition. Whoever is most knowledgeable or driving or whatever. Of you happen to be the leader ofbthe group, like everyone is asking you questions about sleeping gear and tents and locations and shit, then bring it, you are the leader.
>>
was in Yosemite june this year. (I live in michigan) Only place where your unlikely to be around 1000 camera weilding tourists is hetch-hetchy reservoir. (Day use only w/o special permit. well worth the visit though) Its also where they bring 'problem bears' who have worn out their welcome in the main valley / upper tioga region. Most of the time there are so many people around you have no need to worry, they rest of the time- have a stick / knife / theres rocks to throw. Dont get arrested. (ignore this advice if your doing the john muir trail or some super backpacker type shit)
Also, visit glacier point / climb sentinel dome (either one) at dawn. its fucking increadable
>>
File: 1455173841735.jpg (28KB, 288x415px) Image search: [Google]
1455173841735.jpg
28KB, 288x415px
>>31443992
>baretta
Can't even spell the name of the pistol he supposedly owns, yeah okay nigger.
>>
>>31443992
>unironic trump supporter
Shouldn't you be fucking your cousin?
>>
>>31444023

This this this
>>
>>31443992

Don't take it OP.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fatal_cougar_attacks_in_North_America

Look at how hilariously small this number is. You're travelling in a group of adults. You'll never see a cougar, and you will lose your friends. Take them shooting sometime after you get back.
>>
>>31446355

This isn't a bad idea, but I frequently hike with and without guns depending on my group and what we are doing. If a new member of the group came to me like this, I'd probably politely say no.

Wildlife encounters are _usually_ something that you handle without using your gun. If we are hiking not hunting, and the person is saying they have no experience with wildlife AND little experience with their gun, why would I want them to bring it?
>>
>>31446305
Finally, somebody actually looked at their website. Good job, anon.
>>
File: The future cannot be stopped.jpg (36KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
The future cannot be stopped.jpg
36KB, 300x400px
>>31443992
Piggybacking on this thread. Last week I went on a date with a fresh off the boat Viet chick who is pretty cool. I tried to throw hints that I've got a gun problem, by talking about some hunting trips I've done. She said she liked hunting, but was scared of guns. Didn't know where the night was heading so I just dropped it. Ended pretty good, and we are going out again tomorrow, any advice on how I let her know?

>mfw I own 48 guns and I'm not letting a woman come between us
>>
>>31446747
And not a word of retraction from those idiots spreading misinformation.
>>
>>31446804
As usual, /k/ is full of retards.
>>
>>31443992
Fuck Duterte.
>>
>>31443992
Open carry is illegal in California.
>>
>>31446899
See
>>31446305
>>
>>31444088
Bay area uni student here. Johnson posters everywhere on campus. He's decently well known amongst 20-somethings and university students
>>
>>31446804
>>31446985

>It is the responsibility of visitors to understand and comply with all applicable state, local, and federal firearms laws before entering this park.

Fucking reading comprehension. Just because you want something to be legal doesn't make it actually legal.
>>
>>31444008

this, OP

get new friends, the friends you have now are trash
>>
>>31447314
My bad.
>>
File: PEPERCIEVER.jpg (53KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
PEPERCIEVER.jpg
53KB, 960x540px
>>31443992

OP can shoot the leftists and wound them, leave a straggler for the Bear/Lion and save himself.
>>
>>31446305
>https://www.nps.gov/yose/planyourvisit/weapons.htm
>>31446985

You fucks are trying to get OP fucking arrested.

Read the link carefully:
>It is the responsibility of visitors to understand and comply with all applicable state, local, and federal firearms laws before entering this park.

Even though it is a national park, it is within CA and therefore you must ALSO abide by STATE laws. Also that link only outlines possession and does not explicitly state open carry.

Source: Guy I'm living with was a park ranger in Yosemite for about 3 years, he said open carry is a big no-no in the park
>>
File: 234524372347141.png (133KB, 286x343px) Image search: [Google]
234524372347141.png
133KB, 286x343px
>>31446218
just like most guns, if you hit it in a vital area it'll work just fine, it's not like a mountain lion has dragon-hide armor
>>
>>31446437
go tickle your bull's balls
>>
>>31443992
Teach the anti gun girl to shoot, then fuck her.
>>
>>31443992
>Trump supporting gun lover

Those two don't go hand-in-hand you fucking normie.
>>
>>31443992
Revolver needed for close quarter animal defence mate, what do you think will happen with a semi at point blank range?
>>
File: 1466481443329.jpg (67KB, 453x604px) Image search: [Google]
1466481443329.jpg
67KB, 453x604px
I've actually kinda wondered about this shit you guys. Please help me out here
Everyone Ive talked to about an interest in hiking/backpacking/camping trips thought it was weird that I wanted to bring a rifle/shotgun
Not just hippy liberal retards but even fudd republicans ask me like "Why would you need to bring a rifle?"

Am I the weird one here? Im in the fucking woods? Why should it be weird to be carrying a rifle/shotgun here of all places? Why is it weird that I would want to protect myself?
Why is it weird that, even if we aren't in any danger, I might decide to want to plink or something?
What the fuck /k/ommandos help me out here. Am I in the wrong?
I cant stand the thought of not bringing a weapon on a trip like this honestly. I can't think of a more appropriate scenario to be bringing a gun.
>>
>>31443992
> gun lover
> "Baretta M9" not Beretta 92fs
> needs to buy a holster for his only gun still.

2/10 I hope your shitty thread dies soon.
Thread posts: 73
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.