[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Stolen valor

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 15

File: image.jpg (29KB, 236x314px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
29KB, 236x314px
Post stolen valor stories you've heard of or personal encounters
>>
File: image.jpg (86KB, 550x681px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
86KB, 550x681px
Bump
>>
>>31438529
Please explain why I should care.
>>
This should get pretty interesting
>>
>>31438529
why would you go through all this effort just so people think you are a stupid goat fucking muhreen?
>>
>>31438529
There was this bum (like 25ish looking) who used to beg on an island at an intersection flying a sign saying "Homless veteran, anything helps"

One day I saw a crew cut dude approach him, speak to him, drag him across the street, and try to stuff him in a Wendy's dumpster before he struggled free and ran off.

I'm pretty sure he figured out he was bullshit and dealt with him.

Never saw that bum again.
>>
My sister regularly asks for military discounts when she goes shopping/traveling in the US.

She's an RCAF member.
>>
>>31438994
I have no issue with that. Canada is basically US Army Reserves reserve force.
>>
>>31439377
It still bothers me that she's taking advantage of a system that was clearly designed for American soldiers who are serving or have served their country.

Some of these people are disabled veterans and/or war amputees, and they've seen their friends killed in action. And some foreign paper pusher is reaping the benefits.
>>
File: stolenvalor.jpg (239KB, 1750x2500px) Image search: [Google]
stolenvalor.jpg
239KB, 1750x2500px
>>31438529
Last October some kid who looked no older than 10 showed up at my door dressed dressed up like pic related wanting fucking handouts. I asked him what unit he served with and I shit you not he tried to tell me he was "an army man". I called him out on his bullshit and he got all defensive about it and started to cry and everyone starts looking at me like I'm the bad guy. Fucking stolen valor cunts.
>>
>>31439531
>One evening I found myself accosted by several short, angry demons...
>So I pulled out my magnum and blew them away.
>Only then did I realize that it was Halloween, and I'd just shot an eight year old.
>>
>>31439531
I'd beat that stolen valor piece of shit's face
>>
>>31439529

My step father was a paper pushing SMSgt and uses his service for discounts all of the time. Is it wrong?

The US military has WAY, WAY more tail than head. Most jobs are not combat, but all of them are important.

I worked on weapon guidance systems in the desert. Base got mortared a few times, never was shot at. Should I not get a discount?

What should you have to do to get one? Should you have a CAB/CIB to get a discount? Should you have a purple heart? Should you have to show an official copy of your DD214 stamped by the President himself? Do you need """confirmed""" kills and a book deal?

Plus, I worked in the desert with Canadians, Australians, and Brits, I wouldn't mind any of them getting discounts over here.

I honestly don't give a fuck about any of it, I did my time and got college out of the deal, I think people that harp on their service are fucking self important faggots.

That being said, if people want to give/get discounts for shit, let them. A lot of places give discounts for firefighters and cops, too, should we limit discounts to """real""" patrol cops and leave the motor pool or cop shop guys out of it?
>>
>>31439659
That's exactly it, even those guys deserve a discount more than a non-American.
>>
>>31439722

>not reading the post, at all

Explain who should get a discount and why?

Remember, I served side by side with Commonwealth guys.
>>
Is it okay to wear my MCCUU jacket if I don't claim to be a Marine? Is it okay to accept military discounts if they're offered to me without asking for it?
>>
>>31438529
Who cares?

Also, why is it guys who always call out stolen valor always ask for the reg number for some shit. I did 4 years (99-03) and I can't really remember shit about that

>probably the PTSD I got while being a 15P
>>
>>31439803

I don't give a fuck what you wear. Don't get discounts because that's shitty.

If someone offers just say "oh yeah that ain't me" or something similar bullshit a mouthbreather like you can enunciate.
>>
>>31439809

>Who cares?

Self-absorbed shitstains and civilians.
>>
>>31439809
>15P
God damn that was a laid back MOS. I did that when I went in. Strangely enough there were a lot of pretty decent looking (by civilian standards to boot) woman in that field. Most of them went to work for airlines afterwards.
>>
>>31439809
>>31439865
>15 series MOS thread
Who /15Q/ here?
>>
>>31439896
Isn't that Air Traffic Control?

I always wanted to do that in the military but I ended up going through the ATCTI route.
>>
I had a dumbass employee who would tell customers he was a marine. I wasn't concerned about that, because he also told people he was a vampire. And that he was in the mafia.

Unfortunately he was basically unfireable, long story but he was so off limits that the company even paid for psychological and financial counseling, and loaned him vacation time whenever he had a crazy spell.
>>
File: 1445939555703.jpg (47KB, 487x434px) Image search: [Google]
1445939555703.jpg
47KB, 487x434px
>>31438529
>>
>>31439950

Any updates on a name? I've got broads in Atlanta.
>>
File: Terminal Lance.gif (29KB, 700x355px) Image search: [Google]
Terminal Lance.gif
29KB, 700x355px
>>31439531
>>
ITT: a bunch of welfare queens get butt mad because someone is pretending to be part of their super special club. Maybe you shouldn't have so much of your identity wrapped up in the shitty job you got right out of highschool.

In all seriousness though, stolen valor wouldn't be a thing if we didn't fucking worship the ground tat military people walked on. Every single one of them volunteered to go babysit some sand and get paid for it. No one in uniform has "defended our freedom" since the second world war. Everyone else is just a cog in the MIC blood machine.
>>
>>31440255
And in this post, we see the retard who didn't actually read the thread.

Everyone say "Hi, retard!"
>>
>>31440290
You got me. I'll own up to this one. I went back and read the thread after I dropped that troll post. I forgot this was night /k/
>>
>>31440314

I was about to say dude, I don't think anyone here gives a shit.
>>
File: 50-cents-us-marine.jpg (26KB, 600x300px) Image search: [Google]
50-cents-us-marine.jpg
26KB, 600x300px
>>
>>31440388

That's really faggy. This makes me think half dollar likes it in the ass.
>>
>>31440314
Fair enough. I retract my disparaging remarks.
>>
>>31440423
I'd say all the markers of subservience in prison culture should have made that clear.
>>
Aren't you retards getting enough attention on Facebook? This is a new tier of attention seeking special snowflake syndrome
>>
>>31440561
I know you failed high school from an inability to read the bigger words, but you could try reading the thread first, faggot.
>>
>>31440555

Trips confirms.
>>
File: faker.jpg (37KB, 275x365px) Image search: [Google]
faker.jpg
37KB, 275x365px
I am a frequent flier at the VAMC. I've encountered more bull shitters than I ever have on the outside or at bars, etc.

One guy even tried telling me he was in my unit and he remembered me. I told to get the fuck out of my presence.
>>
File: SV.jpg (44KB, 526x523px) Image search: [Google]
SV.jpg
44KB, 526x523px
>>
>>31438529
Valor isn't something that can be stolen. Mil fags need to get over it.
>>
>>31440828

Maybe they're crazy? I'm sure at least some of them are.

I mean, would you own up to being an 1173 though? I would make something up, too.
>>
File: 4.jpg (98KB, 595x629px) Image search: [Google]
4.jpg
98KB, 595x629px
>>31440986
I was an 1171, since I was with a maintenance bay and just did regular grease monkey shit I just tell people I was a mechanic :^)

its surprisingly less embarrassing
>>
File: Im so cool.png (109KB, 300x170px) Image search: [Google]
Im so cool.png
109KB, 300x170px
>>31441139
I was a Ranger in the 75th Ranger Regiment. There are so many fucking posers that I just tell people I was Army Infantry. I don't feel like wasting my time justifying my bonafides.
>>
File: why.jpg (161KB, 850x572px) Image search: [Google]
why.jpg
161KB, 850x572px
A year or so back there was one in Canada who got caught because his uniform was all wrong and had stuff from mixing elements really badly. And also didn't shave.

All the reactions I saw from CF members were basically "Why would you do this? Actual members lie about their jobs 90% of the time. Saying you're CF is suicide in a Victoria nightclub!"

The whole incident really was quite strange. Why would you ~steal valor~ in Canada? There's none to be had. Looking it up now, he was shilling some book at the time, but googling it turned up nothing.
>>
>>31441139

>you like that water baby?
>oh yeah, all me
>>
>>31438994
I would do this 2bh, a discount is a discount nigga

also we dont have military discounts in canada. about as good as it gets is we sometimes are notified of summer sales and the like in routine CANFORGENs

right next to the ones advising people to stop playing Pokemon Go in secure spaces
>>
>>31441287
I know that homo is a fake, but one of Canadian soldiers who came to my country (New Zealand) to do an army course that lets you grow a beard was allowed to keep it when he went back to the Canadian Army.

He was from a French Canadian Airborne unit.
>>
>>31440202
Man, Terminal Lance looks like garbage now compared to a few years ago like that strip. It's like the Penny Arcade effect or something.
>>
>>31440183
Naw, hes probably just some credit card scammer
>>
>>31439936
was he just that good at his job?
>>
File: 1468997104352.gif (1MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1468997104352.gif
1MB, 480x270px
>>31438529
I've had a lot of homeless tell me that they're vets. Mostly it's bullshit, and they throw out vague military buzzwords to try and sound in-the-know.

One guy (the most racist black you'll ever meet) tried claiming he was a Korea vet. I just laughed in his face because I've written so many reports about him I know his birthday by heart.
>>
I met my girlfriend because her brother was a stolen valor. Outed him to his whole family
>>
File: 1447608215830.png (525KB, 456x609px) Image search: [Google]
1447608215830.png
525KB, 456x609px
>welfare queen
>valor
hahahahahaha
>>
>>31439809
Whats the mustache regulation AR 2345d say huh? Huh? HUH???

>neverserved
>>
>>31442663
Newsflash, if you have a job, you're a no good, shit bag welfare queen.
>>
>>31441343
You just need to prove that shaving gives you skin problems.

Source: Pte (B)
>>
File: latest-1.gif (58KB, 319x240px) Image search: [Google]
latest-1.gif
58KB, 319x240px
>>31440255
YYYEAAHH! And that lying sonofabitch Nixon, too!
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.