[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How did you get into guns?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 11

File: OUoCVEXG.jpg (18KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
OUoCVEXG.jpg
18KB, 300x300px
>>
>>31438337
Came from a nofunz family, not leftist, just suburbanites.
Got into military history at a young age. Really wanted guns. Got into politics, God bless the 2A. Went to college, did first year of ROTC, shot actual rifles. Summer job, got money, bought Mosin.
Became hazguns.

Just bought my AR a week ago. Wanted to scoop one up for the Great Happening.
>>
cawadooty as a kid
>>
>>31438337
Was given multiple upon my birth. Such is life in the south.
>>
When I was about 10 my dads coworkers took him and I shooting. They gave me a Marlin 60 and 80 rounds of 22, after that my dad bought a 10/22 and it went on from there.
>>
>>31438337
I was born into it.

God bless the South.
>>
Litteraly didnt care about guns till i started following this presidential race, ive bought 4 pistols and a rifle in the past 10 months.
>>
Dad is an ex swat cop who owns alot of guns and took me shooting with his sig p226 when I was 13
>>
>>31438337
Always been kinda interested, Dad even brought me out to shoot Grandpa's .22 once as a kid. But what really got me where I am today was 19D school. Getting to not just handle and shoot, but understand a huge variety of weapons really lot the fire. One point that always sticks out was during some down time at a range I was explaining how an M2 feeds a round based entirely on my own observations to another recruit and a cadre observing just nodded assent.
>>
>>31438337
Vidya with guns like css
Military history shows like old history channel
War novels by vets like guns up and currahee
>>
File: Glock41ALG.jpg (392KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
Glock41ALG.jpg
392KB, 1000x667px
>>31438337
Video games, action movies, old cool shit on the history channel. Decided I should be able to protect myself and the things and people I care about.
>>
watching the news in 99'
>>
Cub Scouts as far as actual firearms experience. My first exposure to anything war-related was when I watched The Blue Max with my dad when I was 5
>>
>>31438448
This. My mom raised me to be an anti-gun cuck and didn't allow my dad to show me his guns. However, after playing video games, I got an AR15 with my father, he got one as well, and my mom accepted my guns and now she likes guns too
I'm glad that she's easygoing
>>
Truth be told... Gang Bangers.
>>
>>31438337
My dad has been a cop for 30+ years and has collected a shit load of guns. Everything from Fudd to tacticool shit, he loves his wheelguns and levergats and now I do as well. When he was still on the swat team he let me shoot an mp5 with giggleswitch sometimes
>>
>>31438337
Lived on a dairy farm
My job was shooting squirrels and Gofers with a pellet gun.
Got 25 cents a kill.
>>
>>31438337
>be a tranny faggot
>hate guns until i was about 22
>my dad has always been into guns but ever since I came out he went full gun nut
>one day he invites me to go shooting
>I am a borderline sjw around this time
>for some reason I say yes. I can't explain it but I agreed
>find out I like to shoot and kind of lose the sjwness in me
>fast foreword around two years
>take lsd
>this is right after sandy vagina
>half way through the trip my old libtardness comes out
>realize that the nra and gun nuts sacrifice little kids in the name of the second amendment
>think this wrong and get all sjw again only for me to realize an hour later
>that shooting victims are a necessary evil in the name of freedom
>go full on /k/ gun nut
>I now think it is my second amendment right to own a nuclear weapon.
>Orlando happens
>buy more guns
>most of the lgbt has excommunicated me
>at least I have my funs :)
>>
>december 28th, 2015
>me and my friend had the random idea of going to a local gun shop
>walked in, believing all guns cost $500+, wouldnt/shouldnt buy one
>saw a Brno VZ24 Mauser for $200
>fell in love
>filled out the 4473, bought a case and 40 rounds of 8mm
>never looked back

To the anon i sold a VZ24 Mauser to in Washington, if youre reading this, id like to get her back.
>>
>>31438337
Video games.
>>
>Born and raised in Chicago
>Remember asking teacher if the 2nd Amendment really meant people have a right to own guns
>Tells me it's not important
>10 years later 11B and shoot gun first time ever at Benning
>Daily sex with guns ever since
>>
>>31439216
bost boi pucci
>>
>>31438337
Never really gave a shit about guns until 17. I'm not against them, just wasn't really my thing until these past few years.

>Love World War I and II history
>Played WWI/WWII games as well growing up
>Gee, it'd be pretty great if I could shoot some of these great guns

Fin
>>
>>Orlando happens
>>buy more guns
>>most of the lgbt has excommunicated me
>>at least I have my funs :)
>>31439216

Be our inside man and help weaponize the gays.
>>
>>31439243
It sucks that I waited so long until the milsurp dried up. Now I'll have to pay like 250 for a mosin for a decent ww2 collection.

Oh well i was a poor fag back then anyway.
>>
>>31438429
Are you me? I'm pretty much exactly the same, gonna go do AF ROTC at an aeronautics college after I finish high school next year.
>>
>>31438337
Was always into them... so don't know.
>>
you guys did
>>
>>31439216
if you're rich enough and have the logistics you could own a nuke. a gay nuke.
>>
>>31438337
When I was turning 18 I was thinking of all the new things I could do as an adult. One of those things was owning firearms. Bought some funs to exercise my rights as an adult and been hooked ever since.
>>
>>31438337
I feel like i've always had an innate desire for guns even though i've come from an antigun family. I started off with tons of waterguns and power ranger guns (I favored the ones that looked more like real guns). I fucking loved cap guns. There was a corner store that had some toy guns that I would drool over until my mom would scold me. My dad was a cowboy for Halloween and had a holster with two metal cap guns. My parents found me playing with it and immediately took them from me and threw them away. I ended up convincing my parents to get me a cap gun and let me keep it. When I got older I literally got on Microsoft word and wrote an essay to my father on why I should be allowed to have a BB gun. He allowed me to get a bb gun that I put a shit scope on and plinked in my backyard with it hitting metal TV dishes, birds, and lizards. I don't know how the fuck I managed this but I got them to get me an electric BB gun and a pistol (both broke and got thrown out).

I think that a lot of males other than myself have this sort of innate desire for weapons but are repressed.
>>
>>31439453
I wish. i would get in so much trouble because of the authoritarian gubment.

I would be awesome though just towing that thing with a trump 2016 hummer like the russians did in red square while wearing a fur coat and eating a hamburger made out of veal meat in a libtard city like san franscio or portland. Just think of the tears.
>>
>>31438337
literally been shooting since I was 8, been going to the same range since
>>
>>31438337
Working my families restaurant in a city filled with niggers
>>
>>31438337
I don't know. My earliest memory is sprouting out of the ground with one in my hand. Been doing my own thing ever since.
>>
File: 1469476902810.png (30KB, 547x603px) Image search: [Google]
1469476902810.png
30KB, 547x603px
Casually browsed /k/ a few weeks ago for the first time. My dad has always been a casual gun owner, but we never really shot much when I was growing up.

Fast forward to today, I'm 23 now, and my dad, brother, and I went down to the local range to shoot his 9mm. Now, I want to hasgunz!
>>
>>31439213
Grew up on a Farm. My mom taught me how to shoot a .22 rifle with scope at about 4 years old. I know I wasn't old enough for school yet. Shooting pop cans and niggers about the same thing. Only with pop cans you don't have to lead them so much.
>>
File: LITERALLY.jpg (17KB, 500x308px) Image search: [Google]
LITERALLY.jpg
17KB, 500x308px
>>31439647
>literally
>>
>>31439562
I stay out of a libtard city and their gun free zones. Notice where the terrorists strike?
>>
>>31439297
It's amazing that people are willing to die rather than arm themselves. When seconds count, the police are only 15 minutes away. Only time I ever called a cop was to fill out an insurance form. No disrespect intended but they can't protect you.
>>
>>31438337
I grew up hunting, but wasn't that "in" to guns. There were just a part of another activity and I never really thought much abut them. Coyotes began to be common on my uncles land, so I started to become interested in hunting them. My durr rifle would be a bit too big for coyotes, so I started looking into smaller calibers. I saw a lot of people on forums using ARs, so I started doing research on them. The more research I did, the more I wanted one. My dad brought up the possibility of me building one, so I started buying parts. After I put my AR together, I was hooked. Bought three more guns that year and at least two the year after. Soon, guns became more interesting to me than hunting. I never even shot a coyote.
>>
File: 1469167887131.jpg (45KB, 570x487px) Image search: [Google]
1469167887131.jpg
45KB, 570x487px
how many people have obama converted to being gun owners just this year alone? the gun industry is making crazy profits.
>>
>>31439368
>admitting you're under 18
>>
Video games/movies always made me interested in guns but it wasn't until /k/ that the idea of actually owning and shooting processed in my head.
This site always gets shit for its antics, but /k/'s no-bullshit asshole community brought me into the light.
>>
>>31440281
>how many people have obama converted to being gun owners just this year alone?
Not just him but niggers in general.
>>
>>31440293
I actually am 18, HS senior atm.
>>
>>31440248
>I never even shot a coyote
That's retarded
>>
>>31438337
/k/
>>
>>31440308
And the illegals and terrorists. Imagine life without those 3 cancers.
>>
>>31438337
Grew up in rural NM and my father owned quite a few. We had a bit of a rattlesnake problem.
>>
>>31440351
No rattlesnake. no problem.
>>
>>31440121
Welcome aboard, you fucking newfag.
>>
>>31440326
Its not that I wouldn't, its just that I haven't had the opportunity. I never see them while deer hunting and apparently I suck at calling.
>>
File: vepr12 upotte.png (441KB, 891x1388px) Image search: [Google]
vepr12 upotte.png
441KB, 891x1388px
>>31438337
>grew up with an antigunz harridan of a mother
>they split as I head off to college
>my dad takes me to a "learn to shoot sporting clays" class
>the first time I blew that fucking frisbee out of the sky I fell in love
>now my gatfu and I wander the woods together, blowing the hell out of targets or anything that messes with us
>>
File: hue.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
hue.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
>live next to violent spooks and spics for most of my life
>paps always carries
>tell paps I want a pistol when I'm a junior in school
>paps buys me a 1990 Taurus PT99 AF
As far as BR guns go, that one was a solid pistol. I still wish that he would have bought the Beretta 92FS for $400, but I'm grateful nonetheless.
>>
File: 1472802791344.gif (896KB, 700x600px) Image search: [Google]
1472802791344.gif
896KB, 700x600px
>be 90 pound 5'5 10-16 year old because medication forced down throat
>bullied hard bc im so small
>get beat so hard one day i go to the hospital
>mentally manifest my need for control and protection in the form of firearms
>find out its actually super cool
>be me now
>5'11 200 pound 21 year old currently in the process of getting my CCP
>>
>>31439216

pinkpistols.org

this is a 2nd admendment supporting LGBTQ community. you will fit in like a glove!
>>
Don't remember, I've loved them since I was a kid
>>
>>31438337
Video games.
>>
File: 1470019291011.jpg (69KB, 644x509px) Image search: [Google]
1470019291011.jpg
69KB, 644x509px
>Didn't give a shit about guns even after sandy hook, literally had no opinion on it.
>2016, it's been a fucked up year and realize how important the 2nd amendment is. Especially if its right under the god damn Freedom of Speech.
>Arrange a meetup for an SKS in Armslist
>Nervous cause its first time and i'm a Hispanic dude with long hair
>all goes well and he was a cool guy
>Went to the range and shot it, fell in love ever since

I WISHED i would've gotten into guns earlier
>>
>>31438337
Had a gun in my hands as soon as I was old enough to walk, courtesy of my old man. Now I have hundreds of them.
>>
Honestly, bye my dad being standofflish like most people tell others not to do to there children. It was something I want supposed to touch so inherently I wanted to shoot it or touch it whatever
>>
Popular culture.
>>
>>31440952
wat
>>
/k
>>
This game.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjGQj9ZmYXM
>>
>>31438337
I live in NW AR. You get your first gun along with the certificate of birth here
>>
This got me into guns: https://youtu.be/7vR5RB2_-V8
>>
>>31438429

Everything this Anon said up to "God Bless the 2A." Everything after that I didn't do.

Eventually did get a job though and a year or two later the Ferguson shit happened and increasingly more things after it. I began to have recurring nightmares of nignogs rioting or someone breaking into my home and decided it was time to do something about protecting myself.

Got an AK first, then built an AR, then got a M&P9c for Concealed Carry. Also got Step-father to pick up a handgun and I am currently working on my uncle and my mother to get something too, even if it's just a .22lr.
>>
You may laugh
but the first time I ever fired a gun was LITERALLY the day after Sandy Hook. I swear to god. One of my friend's dad was a gun owner, and we had planned on shooting that day, mostly just out of curiosity's sake. His dad made a comment about the shooting once before we started but after that we were too focused on having fun. The first gun I shot was an AKM of some sort, would have been a normie AR but it didn't like the surplus ammo we were using. I recall being surprised by the sound, much more of a boom than the crack or pop I was expecting, and I must have had a shit stance and spaghetti arms because I was amazed by the muzzle flip. Now I'm the gun guy in our immediate family and am pretty much obsessed. First gun I bought less than two years later was a PTR-91.
>>
I actually just shot my first gun today after wanting to for years. I really want to buy a ruger 9e but I'm living at home and my family is weird about guns so I'll respect what they want in the house, but I'm gonna work on convincing them. If I tell them I'll just have the gun with no ammo I think they'll go for it.
Of course I'll have a mag or 2 stashed somewhere close :^)
>>
>>31438337
Went hunting with grandpa & uncle
joined the trap team in high school
always been a history nerd and get into surplus and military rifles
buy guns and then more guns
Thread posts: 72
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.