[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

SHTF Thread!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 237
Thread images: 19

File: 2d9bdfcc7cc13721531b2c288f9c099d.jpg (272KB, 1024x766px) Image search: [Google]
2d9bdfcc7cc13721531b2c288f9c099d.jpg
272KB, 1024x766px
Post your BoB, Grey-Man, hammock, and other end-game/survivalist thread.

>pic related, not mine.
>>
>>31438327
I have a BoB but I'm planning on bugging in.

I have land I am already farming, we have a few animals (chickens mostly) and two beehives. My basement is going to act as the """"TOC"""" should I ever need to. Other than that I'm probably going to be pretty comfortable.
>>
File: bob.jpg (3MB, 2000x3008px) Image search: [Google]
bob.jpg
3MB, 2000x3008px
I'm gonna shoot some new pics tomorrow.
>>
>>31440451
hey cool you're still around, miss ya in the edc threads
>>
>>31440462
>edc threads
I'm posted in the current one right now
>>
>>31440501
I haven't been posting in them tho...
>>
File: 18g75b.jpg (25KB, 358x361px) Image search: [Google]
18g75b.jpg
25KB, 358x361px
>>31438327
>bob, greyman
hahahahahhahahahha
>>
>>31440579
You don't have to do that, we already know.
>>
>>31440451
I like what you've done with your 10/22. I love mine, just got a new Volquartsen TG2000 dropped in. Thing is wonderful for little furry guys.

I have a couple of the larger mags as well, though I've noticed I have more jams when I use them. I was told I may have to shave them some to get them to operate better, what's your experience?
>>
>>31440616
I'm still relatively new guns and out of 1000 rounds through it out of 10, 15 and 25 rounders I've only had 1 jam. All the mags are ruger mags, what mags are you using?
>>
>>31440683
Same, the Ruger extended, BX-25. The barrel mags it came with never have that problem. I got two, and it happens with both, maybe part of a bad batch?
>>
>>31438327
Reminder that bugging in is your best chance of survival in most situations unless you are absolutely 100% fucked IE house is about to burn down, house is about to be surrounded by rioters and then burned down, live in a dense city, etc.
>>
>>31440990
if shit hits the fan im turning my house into a fortress. im gonna dig a big ass pit in my backyard for everything flammable. rip up all the carpet, knock down all the interior walls, and burn all of it in the pit along with all other useless flammable items. then ill knock shooting holes in the exterior walls/attic/roof. bulletproof the walls by filling up sandbags. rig up fishing line to stuff that jingles, all over my yard so any threats will trip the alarms. keep fire extinguishers in every room. should be 2-3 days of hard work to turn it into a legitimate base. from the outside it'll just look like every other piece of shit house but inside snipers are at work 24/7 coordinating with patrols ground level securing the perimeter.
>>
>>31441069
I like the idea however I wouldn't take down the interior walls, stairs yes and use ladders to get from floor to floor thereby denying access. But the wall will help break up the house, slow the spread of fire and slow intruders should they manage to get in.
>>
>>31441069
And out of curiosity where exactilly are these ground patrols going to be? If you want your house to look uninteresting then have patrols around it 24/7... I'm just saying. Where do you live? In a city the country?
>>
File: DSCN0282.jpg (2MB, 2752x2060px) Image search: [Google]
DSCN0282.jpg
2MB, 2752x2060px
>>31438327
>BoB
here's my INCH bag
>>
>>31441225
I'm just saying, that looks heavy as fuck. Where do you plan on going or are you going to live in the wilderness with your spam and peanut butter?
>>
>>31441238
It's an INCH bag, it's my last resort, so yea, it's heavy (honestly only the ammo is what adds the majority of the weight, otherwise it's a pretty standard long term hiking kit)

A BoB is to get to somewhere else where you already have supplies

An INCH bag is for if you have to abandon everything.
>>
Im currently looking into building a B.O.B and have the 5.11 rush 72 bag
I just need to put shit in it,

If anyone could, post photos of what you got so i (and hopefully others) can take and learn from peoples personal bags, thanks!
>>
>>31441260
Where do you plan on going if you have to use your inch?
>>
>>31441362
to the woods
(again, last resort)
>>
>>31441388
I know but... what are you going to live there?

I'm just saying that's a lot of kit to carry and "in the woods" doesn't really sound all that thought out.

>>31441266
I'll post my kit list shortly.
>>
>>31441397
>last resort
>thought out

I know how to live in the woods and have spent a lot of time in the woods since I was a kid
Local area, building shelter, clean water, trapping, basic survival skills/woodsman skills, are things I know.

Respectfully, I'm not sure what you're asking.

>a lot of kit
What should I not bring?
>>
>>31441445
I don't want to piss in your cornflakes, but it's one thing setting up and living out in the woods short term but something entirely different if you are talking long term. If you are planning on going innawoods you need to already have a set location you are going to go to. One you have mapped out, walked it, already have kit stashed there.

While it sounds all well and good living long term in the woods is no means to survive. I'm bugging in as i said earlier. My BoB is only going to last a few days until we can regroup and retake my home.

As far as the kit goes it's not so much how much but what you are bringing. The tinned stuff is going to be a bitch to carryone of the reasons most militaries use ratpacs now rather than tins.
>>
>>31441471
>what is last resort
I can't spell it out for you more than that

>One you have mapped out, walked it, already have kit stashed there.
That's all done except kit stashed there because im not going to bury stuff on property I don't own.

If I could afford land to have as bug out location I'd have it already.

>The tinned stuff is going to be a bitch to carryone of the reasons most militaries use ratpacs now rather than tins.
I agree, I'm working on replacing the food.
>>
>>31441266
My BoB kit list, feel free to comment and critique.
Clothing:
2x wick t-shirt
2x pants
1x long sleeve top ( ubacs )
3x underwear
2x socks
1x hiking socks
1x scarf
1x watch cap
1x bush hat
1x mosquito net
1x poncho
1x gloves
1x waterproof top and bottom

Food and water:
1x 3L bladder
72h long life food ( mre )
72h energy snacks
1x wets kit
1x titanium canteen
1x titanium cup
1x Teflon pan
1x spork
1x long handled spoon

Hygene:
1x camping towel
1x toothbrush
1x toothpaste
1x chapstick
1x floss
1x hand sanitizer
1x camp soap
1x insect repellant
1x sunscreen
2x trash bags

Base equipment (camp):
1x 4 season sleeping bag
1x sleeping bag liner
1x bivvy sack
1x kifaru
1x bivvy
10ft 550 paracord
25ft 550 paracord
1x tent footprint
1x pack storm matches
1x pack tinderquik
1x pack of fuel tabs
1x Vargo hexagon wood stove
1x duct tape

Survival and first aid:
1x ultralight / watertight .9
1x IFAK
1x multipurpose knife
1x small multitool
1x exotac candle
2x lighters
1x signal kit
1x water purification and filtration system

Misc gear:
1x headlamp
1x small notepad
1x pen
1x pencil
1x marker
1x USB stick ( personal info, titles, deeds, etc. )
Spare batteries

Navigation:
1x map
1x compass
>>
>>31441496
What is the longest you have survived in the woods for in one single sitting?
>>
>>31441540
I'm debating how much additional ammo I should carry I have a 5.56 and my sidearm is a 9mm
>>
>>31441225
Wtf do you just carry 20 boxes of ammo for the fun of it or do you actually have a gun that's not pictured?
>>
>>31442067
He is gonna use them as nails
>>
File: spamsingles[1].jpg (68KB, 400x387px) Image search: [Google]
spamsingles[1].jpg
68KB, 400x387px
>>31441225
>cans of spam
>full clp spray can
>unstripped boxes of ammo
>huge bottle of pills

See, here you just aren't even trying. Everyone is saying your shit is heavy for a reason.
>>
>>31442273
To be fair not everyone was, it's was just me telling him repeatedly.
>>
>>31442289
Well, yeah okay me too then.
>>
>>31440451
You're a pretty big guy
>>
>>31442319
What do you think about him trying to live innawoods?
>>
>>31440715
It happens with the 25 rounders? Have you tried taking them apart and cleaning and putting them back together?
>>
>>31442345
Honestly...if I'm being REALLY honest, I don't think he's in very good shape. Not attempting, at least a little, to make your BOB lighter (in this case he even could have just bought lighter items of the same variety) just spells inactivity to me. So, I don't think he has great prospect outdoors.
>>
Are kukris a meme? Have an ESEE 6 and a Fiskar axe but thinking of getting a Kukri.
>>
>>31442368
I'll second that, having a closer look at the kit everything appears to be unnecessarily big, as If it was just the first brand he found of what he needed.
>>
>>31442394
Are you a Gurkha?
>>
>>31442405
No, anon, just your friendly neighborhood Bane
>>
>>31442418
I guess it's really down to you, do you want one will it be usefull to you and provide more than one potential use? There may be other things on the marked that will be more useful and better value for money.

if you want it then crack on it'll probably scare the shit out of someone if you draw it during a charge while screaming.
>>
>>31441069
>>31441224
This begs one of the most important questions:

How does your SHTF team look?
>how many
>do they have training
>do they have gear/supplies
>are they close enough to link up with you

And I guess the most important question is: Can you trust them?

>>31442030
Everybody says a " " " standard " " " combat loadout for an AR-15 is 6 loaded, accessible mags (eg chest rig) plus 1 in your rifle. Puts you at 210 rounds. For a handguns, I'd carry at least half of that, with 2-4 spare mags on deck (depending on how much those mags hold)

really though, I feel more comfortable with at least 300 rounds for your primary (includes loose ammo) and 200 for your secondary. IMO a handgun is more practical and you'll probably use it more than you think

>>31441540
>1x mosquito net
you've been outdoors

Why not more 550 cord?
>>
>>31442446
My team is good, it's family, a large majority of which have prior military experience in a variety of fields (medical, engineer, sniper) the ones that don't have other usefull skills a couple know construction, others know how to farm both crops and animals, as well as other health air workers.

They are a couple of hours away nothing too far, yes a bit of a distance on foot but we would hope to get a little prior warning.

In short I trust them with my life.

I have a PC that holds 5+1 magazines as well as the ability to throw an extra two on my belt making it 7+1 and 2+1 for my sidearm. I'll keep that ammo in mind.

I kinda worked my kit to be as light as possible.

The net is for when I sleep not during the day.

The reason I don't have more is I don't really need it, my bivvy is already strung up with cord so I can set up, that paracord is really just a little extra if needed.
>>
>>31442429
Problem is that they are kind of big even though they are cool

The knife I probably use the most is an ESEE izula so I was also thinking of a 3-5" knife, fixed or or folding, for both carry and innawoods
>>
>>31441069
fallout raider/10
>>
>>31441069
>SHTF
>vandalize your own home
>>
File: tarredtwine_36.jpg (9KB, 190x246px) Image search: [Google]
tarredtwine_36.jpg
9KB, 190x246px
>>31438327
For you people who insist on using paracord, at least have several lengths pre-cut and burned.
You need heat/fire to seal paracord properly. Because it is nylon, a knot in the end will not properly seal it.

Five to ten - 5ft pieces.
Five to ten - 10ft pieces
Five to ten - 25ft pieces

I keep tarred twine because you can make a trot line with it and not have to worry about the line weakening much over time.

Now, if I were to buy some paracord, I'd get that Titan stuff. That looks handy as hell.

https://www.titansurvival.com/collections/survivorcord/products/black-survivorcord
>>
>>31442446
how is a handgun more practical? the ammo weighs the same but you can't hit anything and it wouldn't die if you did anyway.

it's portable and concealable, yeah, but it's still only semi-useful.
>>
>>31440451
what stock is that on the 10/22?
>>
>>31442924
Under folder stocks.
>>
whats a good bug in list? like items to keep in my home to hunker down?
>>
>>31442982
well, yeah, but do they make them like that?
>>
>>31443004
food, water, ammo, fuel/ firewood. but remember if you can't defend your position your just stocking it for the next asshole who comes along
>>
>>31443133
any defense tips? i like in a basement apt currently.
>>
>>31440451
that lonely roll of paper tho

>110v plug
but why?
>>
>>31443113
Ya. Google under folder stocks
>>
>>31443366
For my phone
>>
>>31438327
>plastic canteen, metal pot
2/10

>>31440451
>no bottle or cookset
0/10

>>31441225
>metal cookset, good filter, no sturdy bottle
8/10

>>31441540
>metal bottle and cookset but no stove or cooking assist
9/10
>>
File: 0000000.jpg (3MB, 3802x2852px) Image search: [Google]
0000000.jpg
3MB, 3802x2852px
noguns bong here.
i have a bob ready to go and i've spent 6 weeks living off the land innawoods before so i can survive easily but what should i use for my longrange self defense weapon?

I have a 80 pound draw weight longbow I use for hunting and I have a crossbow (don't know the draw weight but enough to kill somebody).

i have plenty of bolts for the two. i'm more experienced with the bow and it's faster to shoot but i'm wondering if there's any benefits of a crossbow?

not my picture but that's all we can own for selfdefence in bongland if you don't want to get a firearms licence
>>
>>31444180
use whatever you can hit your target easier with friend.

an air rifle is pretty great for rodents and bushy tails. good eats if you get an air rifle MAKE SURE Its gas piston and not spring.

>gas is forever spring is not.
>>
>>31444236
ill use a bow then. hunted hundreds of rabbits, squirrels, pigeons and deer and others with it, itll kill a human better than an air rifle and im fast with it. cheers bro
>>
>>31441540
Get rid of extra clothes aside from extra socks and underwear. You can live with stinky clothes for 72 hours and be fine.
Ditch the scarf, replace with bandanna.
Use baseball cap instead of specialized shit.
6L bladder or 3L with LifeStraw
DCT instead of chapstick (DCT has sun-protection, chapstick will melt to your face in dry heat)
>No hammock but 3 sleeping bag-related items
Use a bedroll and blanket at most (easy, light, fast to pack up)
Buy an 8'x10' tarp, not a tent footprint.
Ditch the stove.
>No medkit
Buy an 85pc+ medkit.
Also tampons for female travelers and/or GSW's
Buy a Buck knife and utility knife/box-cutter.

All in all not bad, anon.
>>
>>31442030
200rd 5.56 including clips
50rd 9mm
>>
>>31442840
In all honesty, doing minor vandalism will let potential looters think that you've been looted already. Throw TV's cabinets, boxes, a few chairs, some old clothes out onto your lawn. Spray-paint some shit on your exterior walls, and voila. Niggers think you're long gone.
>>
File: grey2.jpg (320KB, 1000x666px) Image search: [Google]
grey2.jpg
320KB, 1000x666px
>>31442899
>>31442899
>portable and concealable
answered your own question m9
Realistically, it will be inappropriate to carry a rifle in 80% of SHTF situations

>>31442880
bankline.jpg?

>>31442495
sounds cozy. you're definitely a step or two ahead of the game
>>
>>31443004
250Gallons of water, 6 weeks worth of non-perishable food. 1000rd ammo for each firearm. That's about all you'll need, realistically.
>>
File: grey4.jpg (302KB, 1000x666px) Image search: [Google]
grey4.jpg
302KB, 1000x666px
>>31445849
>80% of SHTF situations
fuck that sounded way too absolute. I'm just trying to say that it's unlikely any given SHTF will be full-blown mad max...
>>
>>31440402
nah man harvest your shit and get the fuck out, if plague time. in a superbug scenario the immune/survivors wont be able to live in the cities even if theres supplies because of all the dead bodies and other diseases created by a gigantic biomass of rotting humans and foods. ill be coming for your honey and your daughter shortly.
>>
>>31445923
>unlikely any given SHTF will be full-blown mad max
unless you live in Africa

they don't understand that going low pro and striking while the iron is hot is A+ effective.
They're too wrapped in full blown trench warfare with the backyard squirrels.
>>
>>31441069

With how quickly every thing fall to shit, you won't have enough time. You'd also draw a lot of attention to yourself while you do all that too.

I remember during Katrina, soon as shit hit the fan, every one started looting, trying to get food, water....of course chimps were trying to get tvs and shit.

I lived in a really nice suburban area. Only time you seen blacks there, is when they actually belong there. Lawyers, doctors, other business men. Chimps were already looting places in my area by night one.

If you do plan on making your place a fortress, make sure you make the outside look like shit. Place already looks like it been looted, it tends to make ppl go to the next place.

We had so many ppl at my house, maybe 15 to 20 ppl there. Think that is why gangs and shit stayed away. To many armed white ppl protecting their shit.

National guard was a lil more worst than gangs. Cops were the worst. You got all these ppl in uniform who lost every thing, not with their family, are in hot shitty weather. They would go to ppl houses and take gasoline, working cars, water and it got bad enough that they were confiscating guns too.

If it is a local to state wide shtf, you'd be better with gtfo to another state, that depends on the type of scenario you're going through too. If it was the state and surrounding states, that's when I'd bug in again.
>>
File: me_irl_.jpg (178KB, 680x650px) Image search: [Google]
me_irl_.jpg
178KB, 680x650px
My SHTF

Bag:
tea pot/cooking pot combo
Sawyer water filter
?rds .357
?rds .22
?rds 45-70
3 folded up 2l bladders
500ft paracord
fishing kit
gun and knife maintenance kit
small medical kit, mainly self surgery tools
seed kit: basic crops, herb medicine, drugs, clover
tea
coffee
hard tack
jerkey
pemmican
whiskey
rum

Slung on pack:
marlin 1895
helko axe
kukri
rope
fishin poles
garden pickadze

Belt:
s&w 627
ruger single 10
11inch bowie
buck 119

Fuck SHTF. Im going straight to the fuckin woods where I will thrive. If I hadn't fell in love I'd already be living there in a hut. I'm just gonna fish, hunt, make shit, get high and chill. I dont need anything beyond basic tools and some food and liquor to get me by until I have stocks of food and mead brewing. I put ?rds because I would carry as much as humanly possible or as much as I could get my hands on before leaving, its really the only thing I wouldn't want to run off, mainly .357 even but the 45-70 is gonna help me get big game and deal with predators and interlopers much easier. If it was truly a dire and crazy SHTF situation I would probably take my AK and about 6 mags to help fight my way out of town, this would either be ditched or if I don't use much ammo and don't mind the weight it would be nice around my camp if theres a lot of people going innawoods due to the circumstances. Within five years I would expect to have a 3 room hut, furnace/kiln, stove/oven, smoker, garden, fence/barricade/other defenses, large stores of wood and smoked meat and dried harvests, and hopefully will have kidnapped some companionship of some sort. I will of course be keeping an eye out for a bear, cougar, or badger, who I will kill and steal its skin and one of its cubs/kittens, put on the skin and raise it and keep it around camp.
>>
>>31445767
Good idea on the clothes, I like it and you are right.

The scarf is only really put in during the winter months but the bandanna is a good idea.

I have a ball cap but I prefur my bush hat, it's more comfortable and covers froth the face and the back of the neck.

I'll look into trying to fit a 6L bladder though the water filter system should keep me good for now.

I'll look into DCT, thanks.

The three sleeping bag things all attach to the sleeping bag making it one thing. I'm looking at getting a tensile flite tent to negate a few more bits.incluting the footprint.

I appreciate the advice but I like my little stove it reduces light output while allowing me to cook.

Ultralight/watertight is a medkit.

I will definately look into the things you mentioned, cheers.
>>
>>31446311
I don't live within what I would regard a danger zone of a city. I looked into that when buying the land and building my house.
>>
>>31446755
As much as I like your gear, people always lose me when they say they are gonna go innawoods and thrive.
>>
>>31448743
Really because I lost him when he said he was gonna fucking kill a bear and wear it's skin and raise its cub to be his pet
>>
>>31448783
I didn't get that far. Generally I stop reading when I see "gonna live innawoods". It certainly gave me a good laugh reading the rest.
>>
>>31444909
cheers!
>>
I think at some point someone needs to sit the "I'm gonna live innawoods" crowd down and explain why they will end up as maggot food.
>>
>>31446339
jesus it's not even on safe...
>>
>>31449632
Does he look like the kind of guy that even knows what the word safe means?
>>
>>31449154
I remember reading some forum post, forget which one, where a guy was talking about how he spent years thinking he was just going to grab his bag and go operate innawoods. How everything would be groovy and how he was gonna thrive, man.

After a while, someone challenged him to test his theories. He thought it would be a breeze and he had a lot of vacation time saved up at his job, so fuck it, why not. He booked a week off in the fall, grabbed his bag and went hiking into the wilderness.

I shit you not, he lasted 7 hours. I forget what exactly caused him to give up, but he said it was an absolute epiphany about how he thought about SHTF scenarios, and the most humbling experience of his life.

Basically what I'm saying is: if you want to be Les Stroud: Survivorman, that's cool. But please practice bushcraft constantly if that is your plan.
>>
Do you guys go with a PC or chest rig if you were planning on bugging out, personally I have a PC because I plan on coming back and retaking my home so I want the better protection.
>>
>>31438327
I'll trade you a Vegetarian Ratatouiile for a chili mac
>>
>>31450240
Not even just that though. The only reason i feel i would survive a SHTF situation is because i have the infrastructure. I have land farmed and tilled, compost, a constant water supply, shelter. I know my land, i have range cards i have everything i could possibly need here.

You can't carry all that stuff with you into the woods, it's all well and good having seeds but how long will it take to grow, will you have to clear land how are you going to keep them watered. Then of course they go oh well I'll just hunt. Animals aren't stupid eventually they will catch on that when they go to certain places they die. They move and you are left with no food, so do you move? Follow them? Or try and stay in your shack you built out of trash bags and sticks.

I'm sorry, but in my opinion anyone who is going to go Innawoods is going to die and are no help whatsoever.
>>
File: 20160924_234713.jpg (705KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
20160924_234713.jpg
705KB, 2048x1152px
>>
>>31450335
>Wooden dildo bayonet
For what purpose?
>>
>>31450419
high impact sexual violence
>>
>>31444180
that's a pretty good setup considering the awful situation you're in living in Bongland.
>>
>>31438327
>>31441225
>>31441540
>>31442273
>>31444180
>>31446755
>No bogroll

These are usually the first to die.
>>
>>31448677
Cheers man, and I didn't realize the ultralight/watertight was a medkit. Looks pretty solid.
>>
>>31450833
That's in my oppos kit.
>>
>>31442446
twoman team. just me and my buddy.. i got to hike it a good distance to him to get to our camp point though but its solid.
>>
>>31451135
What do you have at the camp point
>>
>>31451174

i misspoke, i should say i have a solid location with my friend
well when we got into prepping and all this shit,
he said he knew a place where we could bug out
it's a decent sized legit forest

i triangulated the area of the forest and its around 60 miles

we marked trees to find the way to camp

they don't really have training,, they are really good with plants and seeds and all that though(blaze it) so that is a plus

they do have gear and supplies but i think im WAY more into prepping and SHTF stuff then he is, therefore i believe i have twice as much gear as he does, which is fine but still.

we are both kinda poorfags so we are making with what works.

the only problem is they are pretty far, (still in the state though) for me to get to, but i believe i could make it. i have two routes of bugging out on my map to make it to their location
>>
>>31451316
Ok then, well my next question is how are you going to survive out there?
>>
>>31451390

well i'm currently building a B.o.B/inch bag,

thats why i asked this question here: >>31441266

do i come off as delusional? i dont mean to if i am

i'm not saying we are gonna make it big but i know we both practice this shit, and we are still close enough to civilization to where we could squat a few abandoned building during the winter if we get bitched on by mother nature.

i'm just learning and building as i go.
i got enough supplies to get started but not for a long while,
>fire making
>food prep,
>medical aid.
>half of a completed shelter

thats all i have at the moment
>>
>>31451527
As I said in an earlier post, and I don't want to discourage you, but going innawoods to try and survive is a pants on head retarded idea unless you have a fully stocked base there which you work on regularly and keep in good condition.

I'll happily try to answer any questions you have but I want to try and really nail home the fact of just how difficult surviving out there is. There's a reason BOB's are generally only 72 hour.
>>
>>31451594

alright thank you for not sugarcoating that.

i understand that totally,

where SHOULD we go incase we dont get out campground set up/cant survive innawoods? what would be the best option?
>>
>>31451681
I will always stand by my opinion of bugging in. Of course that doesn't always work especially if you are in a big city.

I say going innawoods doesn't work, however I will rephrase that, trying to live off the land in a cave don't work. If you have a cabin with some land around it you can farm which is then further surrounded by trees, that could work.

So long as you have a safe clean reliable water supply, as well as enough food already at the cabin to last you until you can get successful crop rotations going. Which again, won't be easy.

If you can bug in, then I would highly suggest doing so while keeping a BoB ready incase you need to bug out for a few days or go on a recce patrol for supplies.
>>
>>31442367
I haven't, but they were brand new. I'll give it a go and see what happens. If it keeps up, I'll contact Ruger. The more I read, the more I suspect mine were just bad for some reason.

Thanks anon.
>>
>>31448783
Hahahahhahahahhahahahhahahaha God damn that's good shit. I didn't even read that part and I thought you were joking now that I went back and read it its fucking golden.
>>
I buried, in three large wooden crates I made myself, about a year's worth of canned food, bic lighters and about a dozen bottles of lighter fluid near an unknown spring in Appalachia.

I know where the spring is from growing up a few miles down the mountain from it. It's not marked in any way, the only people who know about it are probably some local hunters.

I buried the boxes 6 feet down. I did this myself over a long period of time. I made the spot a regular campsite for my family while I worked on it.

I hauled the food there on foot, with help from my wife. I constructed the boxes on sight with cedar. I chose cedar because it was on sale at Lowe's. I treated it with a weatherproof varnish and wrapped the contents as a block in plastic wrap.

I had to put the box in the hole, line it with plastic, fill it with cans and then top with plastic and lid, then covered it up. Boxes are three feet high so three feet of dirt on top. I wanted it to be somewhat easily redug.

I could get to this site in the dark woods with no lights. I've actually done this hundreds of times throughout my life already.

So that's my plan. Anybody else secretly stockpiling shit for this? What's everybody's plans beyond your gear? In my experience survival is more about what's going on mentally than having lots of fancy equipment.
>>
>>31451919
How long will the canned food last for? Is that where you are planning on bugging out to? Or are you just stockpiling.
>>
>>31446311
>not already living at your bugout location
>>
>>31451944

Canned food lasts forever. There are 'expiration dates' on the cans but that's mostly a 'sell by' date. When my grandma died and we cleaned out the house I found a box of cans from the 70's, potatoes and green beans. I ate a few cans, they were all still good.

It is a bugout location but I depending on the scenario there's a good chance I'll be hidden out somewhere within a few miles and I can restock as needed.

The cans are intended to supplement hunting, fishing, and foraging to make sure it lasts as long as possible.
>>
>>31451919
That'll keep for about five-six years, tops. plan fir that too.
>>
>>31451998
Sorry I may not have made it clear, as in if you had to use that food how long would it last for like is it a years supply or just a few weeks?
>>
>>31452046

as stated it's about a year's supply, this is for my wife and our son, it's also calculated based on only having one can per person per day. It's meant to be a fallback/supplement to hunting/gathering. No matter what we will eat at least a little bit every day. I never want my son to go a day without food, if it's possible.
>>
>>31452078
True, what about shelter, what have you got in regards to that. It's all well and good having food but if you die of exposure it'll all be for naught.
>>
>>31452105

I have a lot of experience putting together a shelter with little to nothing. A tarp, a shovel, stakes and rope is all I'll be bringing. This will be used as a temporary shelter which I will turn into a more permanent one. Years ago I made a good winter shelter by digging out a space in the side of a hill then making a lean-to sort of thing with thick branches, then layering on mud and smaller pine branches. Tarp provides front flap, back end mounded with dirt.

With my family now, I'll have to make something a bit more elaborate but yeah. Basically I'll build a mud-branch hut.
>>
>>31452149
You seem to be more prepared than most but part of me still is dubious about living in the wilderness, I feel there are to many variables that you can't control for it to be viable.
>>
>>31441069
>im gonna dig a big ass pit in my backyard for everything flammable. rip up all the carpet, knock down all the interior walls, and burn all of it in the pit along with all other useless flammable items

Why? Waste of time and energy, and a waste of resources which could be repurposed.
>>
>>31452181

Yes, it is very uncontrollable, this is why I said in my first post that keeping your mind sharp is the most important thing. You have to be versatile and able to adapt quickly to sudden changes and setbacks, of which there will be many. I lived in these woods for about two years, so I know it can be done. Tennessee has a fairly mild climate so the winters aren't a complete death sentence. It's not easy in the least but if that's my only option it's the only option.
>>
>>31441540
Lots more socks. You can go commando pretty easily, but socks get wet/nasty and you'll hate your life.
>>
>>31452210
What will you do about the wildlife?
>>
>>31444180
You can use a crossbow lying down or in other tight spaces easier than a longbow.
>>
>>31452255

chop it into thick cubes and stew it in a pot with canned veggies and wild onions with already prepared deer broth that's been cooking since this morning.

Seriously though, the worst thing we have here are black bears and they leave you alone for the most part. I'm not at all worried about the wildlife.
>>
My parents have property that's about 30 minutes by highway from my apartment. It gorgeous, with the house barely visible from the road, a creek/cliffs on two sides, and a bridge that, if blocked, would allow traffic from only one direction in a true SHTF situation. It also has well water and propane heat, but they mostly use the woodstove and fireplace. Neighboring properties are mostly farms.

My only concern is getting from here to there. What do you think guys, 30 minutes by highway, 45 minutes by state route, or 1.5 hours by back roads? I'd be making the trip with my girlfriend (live together) and about a dozen guns.
>>
>>31452275
I imagine a bear would still mess your day up if it wanders into your mud hut in the middle of the night.
>>
>>31452193
so some solid snake motherfucker doesnt sneak up and burn my shit down with one molotov
>>
>>31452336
I think a lot of people on 4chan have experience with bears in their mud hut, but they're usually named Dave.
>>
>>31452334
Ok well I'm going to guess that the roads will very quickly become fucked. So you may need to consider walking. So those dozen guns may need to become two each and a sidearm each.
>>
>>31441266
You've got the same bag I do. From memory, in no particular order-
Half dozen garbage bags
Short roll of duct tape
Complete change of clothes
3 pairs of socks
Floppy hat
Ski cap
Leather gloves
Winter gloves
Gerber BMF fixed knife
Gerber bolt action folding knife
Leatherman supertool
Estwing roofing hatchet
FAK plus boo boo kit
Lighter, matches, and mag fire starter
Sectional fiberglass tent pole
Packable down quilt plus Kelty bivy sack
Lifestraw
Stainless water bottle plus a pair of 1 liter water bottles
1 gallon bladder
Messkit
100' 550 cord
300' shotline
30' stainless steel wire
Compact binoculars
Cranklight w/radio
Can of Sterno
4 camp candles
Handful of hard candy
3 cans sardines
6 ounces mixed dehydrated veggies
Half pound peanut butter
Half pound honey
Fistful of Clif bars
10 ounce flask of Everclear

Weapons/ammo not listed because it's a variable. Possibly a Redhawk/.30-30 combo, or rimfire/12 gauge combo. Whichever has the most ammo availibility at the time.

I'm also forgetting a bunch of stuff
>>
>>31452336

A bear won't just 'wander in' to a shelter like that. Maybe if the bear is very hungry and it smells food inside (which there will never be food inside my hut), it might climb in, but it's highly unlikely. Black bears are very timid and in general avoid/are afraid of humans. If a bear did get inside however, it's nothing a twelve gauge couldn't easily fix.

Yes, I could be killed by a bear. It's possible. It's also possible a person could break into your house tonight and kill you. It's probably equally likely to be honest. Maybe even more likely. Black bears do not fuck with people except in bizarre circumstances.
>>
>>31452382
What's the longest you have stayed out there for any one period of time?

I would also be very surprised if someone could make it into my home.
>>
>>31452342
That's why you repurpose it. Use it to set up dummy targets and mechanical ambushes. Dude sneaks in, burns down a useless dummy bunker. Now you know he's there and he wasted resources just to let you know he's there.

All that stuff you want to burn up could make a lot of traps.
>>
>>31452361
A good point. If there was even a hint of unrest (like a local youth getting slotted by the popo) I'd probably head out there as a precaution, but it never hurts to be prepared. Which is why I have paper maps of the whole county with me. I also have a rucksack that was "lost by the baggage handlers" on my way home from Afghanistan.

Given the resources at my parents' house, I'd probably take as much of my guns and ammunition as we could carry, since they only have 1 real rifle and some .22s there, but tons of food and water.
>>
>>31452437
id be less worried about somebody actually getting inside (id fortify entrances/booby trap entrances), more so worried about them tossing a firebomb through an opening and the fire getting out of control because a bunch of flammable shit lights up.
>>
>>31452425

About two years while homeless. I made a couple threads telling some stories from that time, if anybody remembers the homeless with handguns threads. I had a copy of all the greentexts cut together that some kind anon made, but the computer I have it saved to has since gone to valhalla.

I was thinking about making another thread but I don't know if I'll be up that much longer.
>>
>>31452505
I see so you are going to make it open plan, I'm sure that will prevent fire from spreading instead of the containment offered by individual rooms. I see the logic here.
>>
>>31452491
True but how many rifles do you really need? I know this is /k/ but in a SHTF situation what are you going to do with 12 different rifles and enough ammunition for all of them?

Why not bring one 5.56 and some spare parts as well as ammo instead of 6?
>>
>>31452592

Not the anon you are replying to but I see no purpose for a 5.56 rifle in SHTF. How many shootouts are you planning on getting into?

>Hunting rifle
>Shotgun with assorted shells
>Sidearm

No need for anything else unless you want a bow for quiet, ammo conserving hunting.
>>
>>31452605
I didn't specifically mean a 5.56 but merely making a point, one that I feel you echo in your response.
>>
>>31452592
AR15
VZ58
2 Shotguns
1 .22
Mosin
.270 bolt action

The rest are handgats, sorry if I mistyped earlier and implied they were all long. I'd bring as many of them as I could because with my girlfriend and I, there would be 8 people in the house at a minimum AND THEY ALL WANT SUNCHIPS!

Sorry, old joke.

Anyway, I'd want to arm them all, and like I said earlier, my parent's house is well stocked with everything but guns.
>>
>>31452612

Oh right. Yeah I think most people here are packing way too much and planning way too little.
>>
>>31452623
Who exactilly would the people be that you would be arming and why do they not own their own weapons?
>>
>>31452149
>mud-branch hut
This motherfucker has it figured out. No fancy bullshit bunkers. A goddamn mud hut is all you need.
>>
>>31452632
Siblings and parents. One of my brothers owns his own AR and 1911, and another owns a shotgun (it's one of the two I listed). The rest can all shoot well enough, just aren't all that interested in it as a hobby, which is why they (other than the brother at home with the AR) only have .22s.
>>
>>31452334
1.5 hours back roads. All roadways are bound top be fucked. If you're making your trip in anything less than a 4runner you're in for a bad time.
>>
File: 1469009505648.png (43KB, 542x602px) Image search: [Google]
1469009505648.png
43KB, 542x602px
Has SHTF yet?
>>
>>31452645
Newer model subaru. Not quite 4Runner ground clearance, but it'll do.
>>
>>31452641
I see, even so it may be an idea to try andstore some more at your destination. If for aany reason you have to go on foot you'll have to leave most of them behind if they are coming with you.
>>
>>31452605

>I see no purpose for a 5.56 rifle in SHTF

>readily abundant and it's fucking EVERYWHERE
>lightweight so you can easily carry it
>high velocity
>pin-point accuracy (assuming out of an AR)
>only drawback is penetration

gee, I can't imagine why people cling to 5.56 so much...
>>
OP here. This is my BoB/INCH. What am I missing? I feel like I have too much shit, but I don't know what to cut down on. I've got a sturdy Jeep and I plan on bugging in.
Bags and Holsters:
Savotta Jaeger 28L backpack
Rain cover (olive drab)
Browning M1911 thigh holster (right)
Map case
Snow Peak cylinder sling bag
Small canvas pouch for loose ammo

Tools:
X1 119 Special Buck Knife w/ sheath
X1 KA-BAR w/ sheath
X1 Morakniv Companion knife w/ sheath
X1 Utility knife
X1 Hultafors classic hunting axe w/ leather sheath
X1 Leatherman Surge multi-tool
X1 Roll duct tape
100ft black Titan 550 paracord
25ft olive drab Titan 550 paracord
X1 P51 can opener
X1 Stanley two-in-one screwdriver
X1 7½ in pry bar
X1 20g super glue
X1 Large flashlight
X1 Small flashlight
X1 Headlamp
X1 Ironman Essential watch
X5 Garbage bag
X5 175lb max carabiners
X10 10” zip ties
X25 Safety pins
X1 Sewing kit
X1 Whistle
X1 Crow call
X2 1’x1’ cotton washcloths
X4 Beeswax candles (9h)
X1 Small signal Mirror
X1 Composition notebook
X2 Ballpoint pens
X6 AA batteries
X6 AAA batteries
X1 9-volt battery

Weapons:
X1 Browning X-Bolt Hunter bolt action rifle .30-06
X1 Browning M1911 .45 ACP Aforementioned Knives
Ammo:
200rd 220gr .30-06 SP - x4 magazines
100rd 180gr .30-06 FMJ x1 magazine
100rd 230gr .45 ACP JHP x3 magazines
12rd 2¼oz 12 Gauge 00 Buck x1 pouch

Clothing:
X1 Brown Carhartt Crowley Jacket
X1 Flannel shirt
X1 Long-sleeved shirt
X1 Carhartt cargo pants
X1 Canvas d-ring belt
X2 Compression shorts
X3 Pairs Darn Tough wool hiking socks
X1 Pair compression socks (flat feet)
X1 Pair DeWalt kneepads
X4 3M particulate respirators
X2 Bandannas
X1 Safety goggles
X1 Sunglasses
X1 Brown field cap

Water:
X1 6L water pouch
X25 Iodine tablets
X1 40oz. Klean Kanteen
X1 LifeStraw
1/2
>>
Food:
72 hours of MRE’s
3 Clif Builder Bars
Metal cookset

Shelter:
X1 Sleeping pad
X1 7.5’x5.5’
X2 Mylar blankets
X1 8’x10’ olive drab tarp

Fire:
X1 Flint & steel
X1 Ferrocerium rod
X4 Bic lighters
X4 Tinder cubes

Navigation:
X1 Diamondback 10x28 Binoculars
X1 USA road atlas
X1 Wisconsin atlas
X1 Compass

Medical:
250pc medkit w/ metal instruments
60pc medkit
X2 12ft gauze roll
X1 10ft Ace bandage
X3 Latex-free examination gloves
X1 200ct anti-diarrheal pills

Hygiene:
X2 Bog roll
X3 .25oz DCT
X1 30ct Baby wipes
X1 4oz Toothpaste
X2 Toothbrush
X10 Tampons (GSW, tinder, barter)
X1 4oz camp soap
X1 Bar of soap

Personal:
X2 Glasses
X1 Passport
$200 cash
X1 Cell phone
X1 Paperback Divine Comedy
X1 pack Marlboro Reds
X1 4oz Bottle Whiskey

Transportation:
A fucking jeep
2/2
>>
>>31452672
So many knives.
Why bring a screwdriver if you have a multitool?
I see no use for superglue.
Just bring the headlamp and spare batteries, lose the other two flashlights you'll want to keep your hands free.
Crow call? Are you expecting Jon snow?

I shall read through the rest and add more to my questions.
>>
>>31452708
Good observations so far, I didn't even notice some of this as I've been adding the last couple of months. Cheers
>>
I know this is going to sound silly. But I recommend anyone who hasn't played the game Rust to try it.

You'll learn so much about humans and their psychology in survival situations. For those of you who have Rambo fantasies you'll learn your real vulnerability when some third world kid pops you in the back of your skull with his 9mm.

If you're from a big city then good luck, you should have bugged out weeks ago. But in case you get caught off guard, then you should probably bug out ASAP.

All that being said. If you're rural or in a small town. Your best bet is to fortify your house, set up watch towers, perimeters, and have a big massive cooperation between your neighbors/town.

Just imagine hundreds and thousands, if not, millions of hungry beaners and niggers coming to your country side, with make shift weapons, hi points, and occasionally some high quality weapons.
>>
>>31452715
I can confirm that Rust is a good game in terms of exemplifying human nature in survival situations. People are fucking dicks when they're scared and hungry. See Bosnia circa 1990's.
>>
>>31452676
4 respirators? What for?
Get safety glasses they can double as sunglasses and unless you are on top cover on a humvee you don't need goggles.
Why bring a cookie just bring a pan and a metal cup.
I'd suggest get a topographical map of your local area and the area you are heading to.

It's strange reading this because in somerespects you seem to be planning to stockpile your house (4 respirators) and then you turn round as if you are going for just a few days, (2 bog rolls) what are you planning for?
>>
>>31452722
That meant to say cookset not fucking cookie.
>>
Can someone post the picture of the multiple man/ squad bugout kit that someone posted in an earlier thread with like 5 ar15s, condor hat, med kit, plate carrier, and other essentials. Does anyone have a version of this multiple person kit?
>>
>>31452717
Exactly my fellow anon. And this is how its going to be unfortunately.

Chances for survival for some guy bugging it out alone are slim to none. As even in groups it will still be very dangerous.

Even with intellect and high quality weapons and training. Too many hungry mouths can overrun us.
>>
>>31452722
The respirators was a typo, its meant to be 2. I live in a suburb of Milwaukee and I'm planning to gtfo if things go bad, after trying to bug in. I also assume that I won't be able to safely return home for months, which is the stockpiling aspect. I just don't know where to start cutting back. I plan to drive to a friend's cabin up north, but I'll be on foot in case of vehicle issues.
>>
>>31452730
I'm sorry but why would you prep gear for 5 different people?
>>
>>31452735
I'm not the dude you're replying to, but I do see his point. More backs to carry more things. Sort of like a militaristic unit with specialized roles.
>>
>>31452733
Ok then one magical question you need to ask yourself (And I based a lot of my kit around this question) how much does it weigh?

it's all well and good having it but if you do have vehicle issues and need to hoof it, you need to be able to actually move.
>>
>>31452738
Yes but at the same time I am not going to prep for 5 theoretical guys. If I don't know you you aren't getting my shit end of. If I do know you then you had better have your own shit and your own loadout fit for you and your own purpose.

I can see the reasoning behind it, but a SL doesn't issue all his guys their gear, they have it already and it's personalised to fit their needs.
>>
>>31452738
So I saw someone post a pic earlier with 5 or more basic Ar15s with magpul furniture, condor hats (subject to change). Plate carrier, basic first aid kit, bag for mres and storable food, hydration carrier, ammo storage, sounds like a good concept and I wanted to expand on it.
>>
>>31452756
Well, from what I've read on the subject, the more I feel that a 3 man squad is your best bet. Enough backs for specialized roles and gear. Enough to keep watch in rotations. Small enough to move in silence. If one person is injured, one can treat while the other keeps watch, or two can carry the injured party. Three armed men should be enough to scare off nig nogs with tire-irons and stops signs. The main drawback is that it's easy to get outnumbered against gangs and thugs, and it's hard to split up a party of three.
>>
>>31452756
same poster here, If everyone was told to bring their assorted firearms, most likely shotguns, .22 rifles, hunting bolt action rifles that would be more suited for all sorts of stuff and would let us invest more into a water filtration system, shelter, smoking/curing/meat salting and storage shelter. Im weighing the benefits of carrying the same ammo just on patrols around the perimeter though. To defend our families as they farm perhaps
>>
>>31452779
Personally I will say 4, a four man team is pretty average for most special forces units as well as small military units in general, you have two pairs of partners each watching the others back. It makes fire and maneuver far easier and means you get all the things you just mentioned plus one extra guy.
>>
>>31452785
Good point. My immediate thought is that the standardized ammo in your party would leave you fucked if you scavenged all of it from one area (maybe a 20mile radius). With a diverse ammo for common rounds like .308, 5.56, 7.62, .30-06, etc. You'll be able to maintain a large quantity for longer, and have a better chance of keeping supplied wherever you are.
>>
>>31452803
The people I would trust to accompany me to the survival site would be people I know with a good skillset and their families. The families would be maintaining farms, water supply and others facilities for renewable resources but patrolling the perimeter is my concern
>>
>>31452827
How big of a perimeter are we talking here?
>>
>>31452827
Is your desired location equipped with power? If so then CCTV would be a good option leaving you with limited patrol routes. If not, fishing line and cans is an age old classic.
>>
>>31452834
.5 square miles or 50 acres is what I am aiming to hold down. perhaps less if the sources like water are nearby. but that might leave some security points to be compromised easier and leave some zones to be bigger targets especially near water
>>
>>31452861
Ok I'm just going to stop you there, you are going to try and keep a 25 mile perimeter secure? How many people do you have.
>>
>>31452861
If you're currently looking to buy the land, then strongly consider topography. High ground, possibly building your settlement around the river for easy access. Use the land to your advantage. Clear trails where your patrols would go, and completely fuck up the land someone would be approaching you on. Lots of fallen trees to climb, small boulders, hidden traps, etc. If someone is having enough trouble just GETTING to the firefight, then their chances of getting there injured and exhausted would only be in your favor.
>>
>>31452878
Sorry I misread that I didn't see the point due to a cracked screen.
>>
>>31452861
Also, where is it inexpensive to purchase forested land in the U.S? I love Vermont and Oregon, but everything owning-wise is expensive.
>>
>>31452885
I would prefur clear line of sight and range cards personally, while yes it may be more difficult to get there, don't underestimate how determined some people will be and the more stuff you have in the way the more places there will be to hide
>>
Random question:
I have an AR in 5.56 that will be used as a primary weapon and P320 as a sidearm, I can carry probably one more rifle comfortably in a rifle sheath on my pack. Should it be...

177 air rifle for some small game/birds
>light, ammo that doesnt take up any room
>very specialized role and useless for anything but that
Mossberg 500 12g
>able to hunt bigger game, can be used for variety of things
>heavier, ammo takes up lots of room
Remington 700 7.62/300WM (planning on buying soon)
>able to take very large game, long distance shooting if needed, wouldnt need to carry much ammo
>also specialized but slightly less than air rifle, heaviest
also, which caliber for the 700?

Roommate/best friend (whos also into prepping) has 308 AR, Mossberg 500, and 458 SOCOM SBR. Not sure what he's planning on bringing, he's said he wants to have them all but idk if thats realistic.
>>
>>31452936
I'm personally a big fan of a .308 Remington 700. But an AR-15 with 5.56 can easily accomplish the role of taking big game within 100 yards. An air rifle is more likely to be useful in keeping you entertained and not weighing you down.
>>
>>31452945
just out of curiosity, why not a 300WM? I was thinking if im gonna get a bolt action rifle it should be something that can do some serious long distance shooting. Then again I have no experience with 308 except out of AR's.
>>
>>31452955
To be completely honest I know nothing about the 300WM. I'll be looking into it now, but if it seems like a more viable option then certainly pick that.
>>
>>31452963
not exactly more viable, just better for long distance, which is the whole point of a bolt action rifle. 308 is cheaper to find though and still great at a distance which is why im keeping it in mind.
>>
Amateurs all you niggers forgot soap. Your gear won't last long filthy neither will you.
And Silencers they are mandatory.
>>
>>31453037
I had camp soap, plus why would I need a suppressor?
>>
>>31453045
Unscented
Detergent for clothing
Bars of soap to disinfect scratched filthy skin
Shampoo to prevent lice.
Silent shooting for hunting and defense is so obvious that you don't deserve a response.
>>
>>31453089
It's a BoB, camp soap will do fine, I'm not tracking animals and I doubt humans have developed that level of acute sense of smell.

I have hand sanitizer and wipes in my FAK to clean scratches and cuts.

I'm not planning on changing my clothing.

Suppressors are overrated and still produce around 130 or so Db of noise enough that people will hear and animals will still be spooked.

Any more "advice"?
>>
>>31453115
You have never spent a week in the same kit obviously. You reek like Bo and ass and can be wiffed from ten feet away. Your filthy reek lingers indoors even after you have left the room. If I saw a punk child with kit I wanted I'm tracking you. You're going to be slow because your crotch will be chafed feet will be raw from dirty socks.
>>
>>31453164
Ok, this is a BoB, not a patrol pack I'm going to be out for no more than three days what part of this are you not getting.

The only reason I would be bugging out would be to regroup and take back my house. I'm not planning on wandering the fucking wasteland.
>>
>>31453115
A good silencer with sub sonic ammunition is Hollywood quiet. If you can't see the advantages of that I don't know a cure foe down syndrome.
>>
>>31453187
I'm not using subsonic ammunition though. Therefore pointless.
>>
>>31453175
If you run after I overrun your home you will be stocked and hunted down. If you shoot back everybody knows exactly were you are.
>>
>>31453191
Your life is pointless
>>
>>31453202
Ok good for you buddy, I'll keep that in mind when Elmer Fudd decides he wants to attack my house.
>>
>>31448743
>>31449154
>>31450240
what the fuck are you talking about.
>>31450240
you really find it hard to believe that some people have the ability to hunt, fish, and camp? >>31450306
this fuckin guy says ANYONE going into the woods is gonna die, he says the animals are gonna run off. i cant carry all that shit in the woods? i see where youre coming from but if you even looked at my gear i took almost nothing, as i said in my post, but temporary supplies and basic tools. how would i keep my plants watered? do you think someone comes along and waters the fuckin forest? theres not any streams, creeks, rivers, ponds, or lakes that i could possibly get water from?

what the hell is wrong with you pussies, sorry you never went camping, did boyscouts or 4H, and daddy didnt teach you how to skin a deer, but yes it is actually possible to survive in the woods and if you arent a complete mongoloid to have a pretty good and prosperous time doing so
>>
>>31453216
What's the longest period of time you have survived in the woods for?

Where will you plant your seeds, how will you prepare the land?

you seem to have gotten angry but not actually explained any if the points we have raised.
>>
>>31453209
My fudd hunting dog will attack you and when you shoot it you will be surrounded. All your efforts will be in vain. I will wash your filthy kit and let one of my squad rock your cucked gear.
>>
>>31453272
You are actually painful to listen to, so come on then what's your kit comprised of Mr know it all?
>>
>>31452672

Consider this for your car. Charge multiple items up on the go.
>>
>>31453238
well, as i said, a lot of the points were fucking retarded like "youre just gonna die" and "the animals are too smart for you".

as far as taking the seeds with me, it seems kinda stupid not to. if you are living in a good climate and you have got yourself settled in it would be well worth it to give it a try. as far as preparing the land if you are just talking about clearing and digging thats not shit, as far as preparing the soil thats a little more complicated but its not like its just going to be devoid of nutrients. growing clover can nitrogenate the soil and if i was planning to farm i would be composting. the seeds werent for my main source of food just something to bring to hopefully expand my diet later on.

i have lived in the woods for a few weeks at a time, camped and hiked shitloads, hunted and fished, and im pretty good gardener since you are talking about me bringing some seeds.

i just dont see how its inconceivable for someone to survive in the woods. i think if some SHTF really went down i would be way better off isolated and working for my resources than trying to navigate the post apocalyptic world with MREs, AR-15s and paracord weaving skills.
>>
>>31453318
Well simply because when questioned instead of reasonably explaining this you pissed yourself and threw your toys out of the cot.

Animals tend to avoid areas that they know they die in, eventually you will have to push further and further afield if you want to get game.

If you are such a keen gardener you should know that farming in the woods in incredibly difficult due to the roots laid down by trees.

How long until you run out of ammo, what happens the first winter when you have no food and all the game has disappeared or is hibernating? It'shard to stockpile a large supply of ffood with no prior prep work.

I don't want to shit on your plan but if you can't take criticism without bitching I doubt your capable to survive.
>>
>>31453345
Cont'
Do you even have a set place you are going to go?

At least the other guy has food stockpiled at his location already, while I doubt it'll be easy for him and part of me still doubts whether or not it will work he still seemed one hell of a lot more prepared than you.
>>
>>31453272
But then my Navy Seal father. Green Beret brother, and all my Ranger and Marine buddies come and kill you and rape the women.
>>
>>31453358
At the end of the day, I post here so that I can be criticized, see my plans from a different angle. I posted my kit list, people offered information and advice, we discussed it and I changed some things. Coming here then simply arguing that you know the best about everything because daddy taught you to fuck a deer. Won't actually benefit you.
>>
>>31453345
how does are the animals gonna know they die there if I've killed the fuckin animals? "Wow danny hasnt checked his mail since he went to 37.995588x23.721638". My dad hunts on the same deer lease that 5 other people hunt on every year and kills 1-3 deer every year.
>>
>>31453586
Yes but that's because they only do it once a year you start hunting in the same area on a weekly basis (which it will be because you have no way to store food) the animals will soon realize "oh shit maybe we should go somewhere else"
>>
>>31453589
you are retarded. you do realize that animals move around in the woods right? you do realize that hunting requires you to walk around all over the woods searching for prey right?
>dont have any way to store food
your criticisms are imaginary
>>
>>31453612
Yes but you don't want to have to you for 10 miles to find a deer then try and Tom 10 miles back with all the meat.

And how exactly are you going to store any food?
>>
>>31453629
you do realize that people didnt evolve in a city with grocery stores right? you do realize that there are people living in the woods RIGHT FUCKING NOW without a refrigerator right? you can continue to believe its impossible for a human to survive in the woods if you want. whatever you have to tell yourself to justify all your prepper approved elite survival gear and paracord bracelets.
>>
Pretty solid thread. I live right out of DC, so if SHTF, I'd probably die.
>>
>>31453648
You know the reason we don't really do that anymore is because a lot of people died of disease and other shit like that, orthey oover hunted because they had no way of storing food and keeping it fresh and they died of starvation when winter came or they didn't find any food.
>>
>>31453648
But you are still dodging my question, how are you going to do it? How are you going to store food during the colder winter months or during the times that food is hard to find.
>>
>>31453678
you are delusional man. you think our ancestors and country/woodlands people to this day have no idea how to store or preserve food or get food for the winter?
>>
>>31453726
smoking, salting, drying, fermenting, burying, clay pots. you know animals exist in the winter too and foraged/grown non-meat food also doesnt take a fucking genius to store and preserve.
>>
>>31453730
Ding ding, and the point for continually dodging the question goes to this man.

How are you going to do it?
>>
>>31453740
Smoking, maybe
salting... where the fuck will you get the salt from?
drying, again maybe
fermenting, I don't see how you'll manage that.
burying, good luck with that
clay pots, will you pull these out your ass along with the salt?

Grown food is fine but you are still pretty fucked when the colder weather comes.
>>
>>31453760
This then leads me to the question where are you going to store this stuff where animals won't come through and chow down on it?
>>
>>31452559
I remember that thread so vividly...

You're my hero anon <3
>>
>>31440451
Those books on foraging will come on handy while you;re starving to death.
>>
>>31441069
>if shit hits the fan im turning my house into a fortress.
your parents won't let you do any of that silly child

>>31441225
>here's my INCH bag
What is an INCH.
>>
>>31454482
I'm never coming home, it's like a BoB for emo kids
>>
>>31453202
>you will be stocked

Sounds alright, will you be keeping me with the food or the weapons?
>>
>>31454521
Thank you anon.
Honestly that what will happen to people who think they can bug out successfully, they ain't never coming home.

I have some home brew copypasta on a drive somewhere for these threads. Let me see if I can find it with out much effort, I drank a bunch of cheap tequila last night and I'm suffering mightily.
>>
>>31451919
Won't the wood rot? I'm not familiar with working with wood, but it sounds like a problem that would occur once the ground soaks up water.
>>
Going to post a bunch of my copy pasta about surviving SHTF. When I say SHTF I'm not talking about hurricane, tornadoes or ice storms. I'm talking about no more electricity, no more emergency rooms and no more calling the popo. Honestly every other scenario we face is easily remedied by having a solid 96 hour survival kit, there are no running gun battles or need for defensive positions if you don't like near redguards.
>>
>>31454985
>What's your equipment if SHTF
I'll start with the most important items and go from there, I have 5 posts ready to go. I couldeasily post 50,000 words on this topic and back everything up with links to provide citation but I'll just say this. Go and find out what is going on in Venizuala right now, this can happen here. I'm nat saying it will but it can. I'm not eating grass soup if it does and my family won't die from the blood infection an abssed tooth causes.

Very TL;DR, so suit yourselves

>Water and making filthy stinking swill pleasant to drink.
I have +/- 750 gallons clean water stored, treated correctly with unscented household and stoered in the proper type of plastic containers USING THE CORRECT PLASTICS FOR STORAGE IS VERY IMPORTANT. I use chlorine bleach instead of other chemicals, I suggest learning how to do this considering how little bleach you need to treat and store water. The CDC
website has great instructions. I have +60, 2 liter or larger bottles of 1 to 1 water / bleach to use to treat water that has been run through -0.02 micron filters so I can quietly treat all the water a family of 5 would want for over a year on the down low. I have the filtering needed to treat over 200 gallons of water a day and 2 dozen canisters of bleach pool crystals, each treats over 5,000 gallons of water.
The people who can provide clean drinking water for cooking and sterile cleaning will be treated very well after SHTF. Think about that for a minute.
Staying CLEAN is one of the most important things when there are no doctors offices open. If the S really HTF people will start craoking from deep scratches when regular bathing stops plus women have hygine needs that men don't and happy women keep morale up.
>>
>>31455040
>Next is food.
>MREs
We keep a few dozen cases of MRE's which we rotate every couple years. We give them to people as gag (no pun intended but I'll take the credit) gifts or have the guy who runs a MILSURP store sell them and let him keep any profit made over our costs. MREs are great if you know where they've been. If you purchase them new and store them right they are safe to eat for close to a decade. If they have sat in a conex container baking away in the sun for 7 months then on a shelf in a MILSURP store they get bad and worse case senarario they can damage your liver and kidneys. BUY THEM FRESH AND STORE THEM IN A COOL DARK PLACE.
>Dehydrated foods.
These are optimal as the best have +25 year shelf lives. Find the kind packaged under a nitrogen blanket. Mountain House and Wise are the two most well known but there are a dozen other manufacturers now and a few of them are making much higher quality meals. Mix that shit up anons, if you only had the best, most favorite meal to eat everyday you would get completely sick of it quick. Variety keep the stir crazy away.

>LEARN 2 CACHE FUCKERS.
Seriously...learn how to cache correctly and DISCREETELY.... the life you save will be your own
>>
>>31455075
>Shelter
Anyplace you keep warm, dry and free of violence is good shelter in the beggining of SHTF. If it gets so bad all the stores are staying empty and water, power and other public services in general are no more it gets different.
>Urban dwellers.
Honestly you're pretty fucked if it's going to get bad and stay bad. If you don't have a well rehearsed plan BEFORE the power goes out and the shelves at the grocery store, LGS and hardware stores go empty AND STAY EMPTY you will be at he mercy of what ever or who ever ends up in control when the cops and firemen stop showing up for work and they will start staying home to protect their own pretty quick...or worse, they will become tyrants and form little Fiefdoms. This has proven out over and over in hustory.
The shit going on in Venezaila right now is like a horror movie..look into that shit and wake the fuck up people.

So getting good shelter is easy to do once you have a safe place to make one. Think small and hidden but defendable. Very hungry people will dig through trash for food... starving people will eat almost anything and many will eat other people when it comes down to it..
I could post 10,000 words about shelter but I think everyone understand the concept of "Greyman" here so thats optimal. A place you can rest and hide that isn't attractive to others.

AGAIN, shelter is one of those things that you haven't made plans before shit goes bad it's probably all over for you anyway. Not even trolling
>>
>>31455155
>Weapons
Funny how an anon from /k/ of all places puts weapons forth on his list of importance, huh?
>Well with out water you're dead in less than a week.
>With out food you're comnpletely innefective in less than ten days for the things that will matter.
>Depending on where you live and the current season shelter could be more important than anything but I'm assuming most of us have GOBAGS and can make camp on a moments notice. If you don't have a good BoB and can't set up a very discreet camp you had better get busy friendos

>Talking about weapons here on /k/ is easy peasy.
Rifle, couple hand guns and a shotgun with a good choke.
2.000 rounds for the rifle, 1,000 for each handgun and 2,000 shells for the shotgun..mixed #6 or #7 bird shot and 000 or 00 aught buckshot. PLUS spring kits and the other parts you know can fail.This is the minimum in my opinion and per person.

I'll let you argue among yourselves about which guns and calibers are best...Me and mine have made sure we are very proficient with our choices and that is all that matters when the sun sets people.
>>
>>31455075
>Toiletries and medicines
These make life worth living after a full belly and a safe nights sleep.
The single best piece of advise I ever got about these things was was this..... Take notes on exactly what you use over a three month period and get two years of that in a very dark and very cool place where you worthless brother in law won't find it and you know how hard it is to hide things from that fuckhole. God damn my brother in law is a useless fuck, probably just grease his ass if shit got bad enough

Think about what women need to keep a smile on thier faces, the happier your women are the happier you will be, plus they make for great barter bait. Get as much of those things stocked up because they will make amazing trade material later on. Whiskey, tobacco and tampons are a fantastic way to bribe cops, soldiers and the new warlord that comes to power people and bribery will be the word of the day.

>Medicines.
>I'm not a liciensed practicing MD so i keep this short even though it sofa king important.
There is hunreds of gigs of solid safe info on what we can buy over the counter for antibiotics and antivirals all over the web. I suggest finding survival focused sites that are old. The older the website the most trust worthy the info will be. Newer prepper sites are often nothing more than places to shill cheap and worthless merchandise to fools..BUT YOU MUST LEARN CORRECT DOSAGES.. WHAT TO USE... AND WHEN TO USE IT.

I'm not going to play Doctor here so you had damn well learn some things because this can make you someone people will defend. When you can treat someones little rug rats who have a serious infection about to go septic thay become very very attached to you...understand?
>>
>>31453772
it says in my post, fence around camp and food storage area. once you have settled in enough that you dont have to hunt every day to not starve then you spend your time improving your home base.

>>31453760
see i just dont get why you motherfuckers are so skeptical. i posted something saying i will live off the land and its just like WOW YOU CANT DO DAT WOW DATS IMPOSSIBLE UR TOO DUMB
I can smoke meat? Thats a maybe in your book? I maybe can put meat over a fire? I maybe can use the fuckin air to dry meat? I can't dig in the fucking ground? Pull clay out of my ass? You don't realize that clay is a naturally occuring resource right. You do realize the ground I'm am standing on is clay right?

I swear, its just that you motherfuckers dont know anything about anthropology, actual survival, or how people used to live, or how plenty of mountain man fuckers live to this day. Cuddle up with your MREs and your Bear Grylls Hatchet(tm) and keep telling yourself its impossible to live off the land.
>>
>>31438327
>>31440451
>>31440462
>>31440616
>>31440715
>>31441069
>>31441210
>>31441224
>>31441260
>>31441266
>>31441397
>>31441445
>>31441471
>>31441496
>>31441540
>>31441565
>>31442368
>>31442405
>>31442429
>>31442446
>>31442495
>>31442880
>>31444180
>>31445767
>>31446549
>>31446755
>>31448677
>>31450240
>>31450306
>>31451316
>>31451527
>>31451727
>>31451919
>>31451998
>>31452149
>>31452210
>>31452334
>>31452366
>>31452382
>>31452491
>>31452505
>>31452559
>>31452623
>>31452672
>>31452676
>>31452715
>>31452722
>>31452779
>>31452753
>>31452803
>>31452885
>>31452936
>>31453164
>>31453216
>>31453318
>>31453345
>>31453506
>>31453648
>>31453678
>>31453760
>>31454828
>>31454985
>>31455040
>>31455075
>>31455203
>>31455277
>>31456428
Sorry to break it too you bunch of overweight neck-beards, but this SHTF fantasy you guys have been spending your parents money and your minimum wage pay checks on is never going to happen in your lifetimes. These threads always provide a good laugh though. How many of you can make it up a flight of stairs and not get winded? How many of you have a plan for when you can no longer charge your mobility scooter? Hahahaha
>>
>>31456531
shtf = camping gear
here's your (you) you faggot
hurr durr katrina never happened guis
>>
My bug out bag
>LAPoliceGear 3 day pack
>Hammock
>Rainfly
>5 days worth of food, some freeze dried, some canned
>sawyer water filter
>20 degree sleeping bag
>500 rounds 22lr
>2 qt canteen
>extra wool socks and underwear
>state map
>toilet paper
>camp soap
>mess kit
>flashlight
>>
>>31456531
>.....is never going to happen in your lifetimes.
Tell that to Venezuela.
Our fiat currency guarantees we will live to see all of our grocery stores go empty at some point. Our entire economic system is a fucking bubble fool.
\
To those who think prepping is a waste of time, ask yourself what the millions of people world wide who find themselves at the mercy of others when shit happens on their little piece of our rock would say about prepping if they knew shit was going to happen before it did. Would they have taken the time to be ready to provide for themselves, their families and maybe even others.

The only thing that anyone can say with absolute certainty is that natural disasters, social upheaval and the failure of governing bodies happens and usually happen with out a lot of warning ...for the masses at least.

Being able to provide food, water, things needed for good hygiene and even ways to entertain yourselves becomes the smartest move one can make when you think it all the way through.

Always be aware that a prepper will be harrassed from all sides. Those who desperately need to always feel safe hate them for making them look at the hard side of life. Beaurocrats who honestly feel they alone have the right to protect us from ourselves and the terribly dishonest main stream media who never stop promoting the worst segment of our community never stop shaming us.

70 years ago people had pantries for hard times, everyone had food for lean times, it was fucking common sense. Now suddenly people who take precautions are mentally defective?

You'll be comfy in that FEMA food line I'm sure anon, enjoy.
>>
>>31453089
Use baking soda and vinegar to clean your hair. fucking readily available, plus you don't need to wash it but every 7 days.
>>
File: tumblr_ncfjwzCkT21reqdtxo1_500.png (55KB, 456x284px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ncfjwzCkT21reqdtxo1_500.png
55KB, 456x284px
>>31438327
>Estwing
>>
>>31456742
The second most important thing to keep in mind is that the prepper world is full of pirates. There are many who actively keep track of other preppers they meet in the community who plan on raiding other preppers for their stockpiles. This is a real thing and hiding your power level at all times is of the utmost importance. Keep your mouths shut about your locations, equipment and people you know who also prep. If you end up at Morman level of preparations even the local police will take your supplies under the guise of redistribution and in fact congress have given FEMA the power to just that in cases of national emergency or Katrina like disasters. Preppers think it's just another form of welfare for lazy fucks, the starving masses will think it's the best idea ever. . HIDE YOUR POWER LEVEL.
I have heard stories of people who get active in prepper communities for the sole purpose of creating a database of places to go and steal food and supplies from, sort of like those inbred marauders from that anti prepper propaganda unreality TV series.
My personal experience with this comes from the few ZombieSquad meetings we attended and the different survivalist conventions we have gone to over the years Though no longer affiliated with the ZombieSquad I have not one single bad thing to say about them in general other than they have been infected with the same cultural marxist progressiveness that if fucking the planet up with their political correctness and hatred of old fashioned conservative family values.
>>
>>31456531
>never going to happen in your lifetimes

Why? Because you said so? Post your qualifications for making such a sweeping statement, along with your track record for any other grandiose statements you may have made.

After that, go ahead and make a case for getting rid of fire extinguishers and first aid kits.
>>
File: wouldyouplease.gif (2MB, 235x150px) Image search: [Google]
wouldyouplease.gif
2MB, 235x150px
>>31456531
>mfw you ask to suck my dick for a cigarette
>mfw nutted but you really want that cigarette

>>31457046
>the prepper world is full of pirates
>actively keeping track of other preppers
>planning on raiding other preppers for their stockpiles
If you're not pirating, you're not prepping...
>>
>>31455277
hey (you)

was that it

rockin good, didn't want it to end. ahhhhhh

guess we'll go bother this /k/ommando:
>>31452559
>>31452559
you waked up yet friendo? pls cont. you were the one who squatted in the kwikeemart crapper, ya? then allegedly tackled that fat cunt on your morning egress, huh and somehow miraculously avoided the obligatory slap around by jonny law. DOOD! encore it up mofo, we knows you gots lots moar
>>
File: o-BOER-WAR-facebook.jpg (469KB, 2000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
o-BOER-WAR-facebook.jpg
469KB, 2000x1000px
>>31455277
>Whiskey, tobacco and tampons are a fantastic way to bribe cops, soldiers and the new warlord that comes to power people and bribery will be the word of the day.

I can tell you that this is a pure /k/ masturbatory fantasy. Anyone who has this type of power would just take what you have. If you are lucky they will just chop a hand off and rape the fuck out of you and any companions.

I am a Saffa and the breakdown of law and order is the main reason why we emigrated a decade ago.
Thread posts: 237
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.