[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you think of gun lockers?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 9

File: image.jpg (169KB, 1155x1155px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
169KB, 1155x1155px
What do you think of gun lockers?
>>
>>31433913
money that should be used to buy a better GUN SAFE, more guns or more ammo.
>>
Pretty nice, I can look at them and still know they're safe
>>
Easier to carry out than a gun safe...bahahahahahaa
>>
>>31433913

Okay if you're just trying to keep out kids and not burglars. Also much easier on floor joists if your house is pier-and-beam.
>>
>>31433913
Pointless unless youre just trying to keep guns away from kids
>>
I think they satisfy the legal storage requirements of my country and I don't give a shit beyond that because even a $30k safe can be broken into.
>>
>>31433913
Unless you can save up like $1k for a safe those would be better. Any experienced thief can get in any safe you could get reasonably get. More expensive ones just make it take longer. So just get that on the cheap and bolt it down in a non conspicuous spot.
>>
>>31433913
decent if the locker is inside something secure...like an armory.
>>
>>31433913
It keeps the kids out I guess, and honest people honest.
I like the idea of having something where I can passively show off my cool toys to trusted guests, but know that nobody can actually screw with them unless I give them access.
>>
>>31434026
Most B&Es are just some dumbass punk looking for a quick smash and grab. You aren't going to be burglarized by a jewel thief. Tyrone isn't about to bust out a stethoscope when your TV and PlayStation are just sitting there.
>>
>>31434057
No silly, I mean they would just use a grinder. So if it is bolted down they would have to break in to it in you house rather then take it somewhere quiet. If they carry it off, they will get in it. so bolting it down is pretty much all you can hopefor.
>>
>>31433930
You've obviously never tried to carry a weapons locker. Let alone one with guns in it.

Them bitches is heavy.
>>
>>31434073
So burglars are running around with expensive power tools now?
>>
>>31434073
Sure, all safes can be defeated, guarantee it's going to take 30 minutes at least for a decent safe, an hour + for a good safe. That's way more time than any burglar wants to stick around. Compare that to a gun cabinet, you can pry those open in under a minute, your burglar WILL be carrying a pry bar.
>>
File: SleepyDoctor2016.jpg (529KB, 1600x912px) Image search: [Google]
SleepyDoctor2016.jpg
529KB, 1600x912px
>>31434099
>tfw all the tools a burglar would need to cut this open are in my garage
>>
>>31434099
Like I said if it is not bolted down THEY CAN TAKE IT SOMEPLACE SAFE. Once that happens it is only a matter of time. So unless you can afford an REALLY nice safe then just getting something that could resist a crowbar and be bolted down. Anything else is just spending extra on nothing.
>>
>>31434110
>>31434122
>>
If I ever fulfill my dream of having a cozy panic room bunker/bedroom thing, I want a gun locker like that. They're pretty and let me see my collection. Otherwise, go with a safe.
>>
Gun safe, in concrete floor, hermetically sealed, (whatever the fuck that is) mercury trip sensor, with phone notification of doors being opened...hidden under carpet covered by couch. With fat man sleeping on it.
Now hlwhat? Muh security
>>
>>31433913
I have one because I live on the third floor of an apartment building. When I buy a house I'll buy a nice big heavy safe and bolt it to the foundation as a housewarming gift to myself since you could break into the locker pretty quickly. It's better than nothing though and desu if robbers somehow got into my apartment they'd have already made so much noise somebody would probably have called the cops. I hate relying on that but I live in a good part of town and my apartment has pretty good security.
>>
>>31434148
If you can modify your living area, I think putting it under floor would work great. Most peolpe would'nt look under carpet for a safe. Then you could put asbestos or something around it, and not worry about a house fire too much. Cheap and effective.
>>
>>31434122
Safes sit flush with the floor. What are they grinding?
>>
>>31434169
>Then you could put asbestos or something around it, and not worry about a house fire too much
Just gotta worry about mesothelioma is all, no biggy
>>
>>31434184
I ain't allergic to no asbestos.
>>
>>31433913
Good enough for police, good enough for me.
>>
>>31434173
The door, sides, top, bottom, front and back. All they need to use is a cutting wheel and time. Am I being memed? Do I really need to spell it out for you?
>>
>>31434122
Bro, thats a two man lift empty, nevermind full. Ain't noone carrying off a gun locker with guns in it.

>>31434110
Not if you buy a half decent one. They're skookumer as frig.
>>
>>31434244
>yo nigga this safe is too heavy
>Don't worry senpai I got this common moving tool called a hand truck, almost like we came prepared to move a safe or something
>nah nigga that gay
>>
>>31434262
That would require them to KNOW about it before hand.
>>
>>31434294
So you are going to break in to a house in order to steal shit for profit. It would never ocur to you that maybe there is a safe. That could be moved with a common tool, so you can open it at your lesuire.
>>
>>31434294
A lot of robbers case houses before robbing them. Not doing so is for underaged punks looking for a thrill, career burglars only bother with places they know there are valuables (like, say, a house slathered in NRA stickers that is guaranteed to be full of tacticooled AR15s with an owner who is out during the day that you've confirmed the schedule of already)
>>
>>31434073
>When the heist crew from Heat breaks into your house
>>
File: 1459897574599.png (660KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1459897574599.png
660KB, 720x1280px
>>31434294
What do you think they break into homes to steal 90% of the time?
>>
>>31434213
Have you ever tried to cut through thick metal with a grinding wheel?
It's not easy, it takes a long time, takes a lot of wheels and makes a lot of noise. All things you don't want when you're breaking into someone's house.
You're not being memed, you're just stupid
>>
>>31434099
They might have cargo straps. If they're willing to steal a fancy couch, they're probably willing to steal a safe.

Also, if they know where it is There Are Ways. For example, it's common for ATMs to get stolen by taking out whatever bolts can be accessed, attaching chains to the machine, and just dragging it out with a truck. Most robberies are committed by people who know the victim, so it's not unreasonable to arrange your home against burglary assuming that the burglar has already been in your house at least once. (a lot of cases are spiteful lovers stealing back shit, or shitty children robbing their parents or whatever)
>>
>>31434410
Thats why I mentioned it being bolted down before. What I said is the cheapest safe that is resistent to crowbars and can be bolted down is best.
>>
>>31434410
>All things you don't want when you're breaking into someone's house.
if you break into someone's house while they're home, you fucked it up
>>
well, i think they are great to keep your guns away from kids you know. I mean everytime i am hearing storys about kids killing themselves or other kids with weapons which could had been locked up in a locker. It is a good way to keep some safety.
>>
>>31434504
>this triggers the american
>>
>>31434538
We're not against safe storage, were against the government forcing it on people so they can't defend themselves and so they have to let police search their home without a warrant, cuck.
>>
>just keep all guns in my closet in bore stores socks

Am I doing it wrong?
>>
>>31434565

well i understand your position. You want to protect yourself. That is totally legit. But when it comes to safe storage it´s about safety for others who are not able to use a gun proberly. I mean it´s not a toy. It kills. That´s what weapons are made for and i am pretty sure you know that.
>>
>>31434619
...and that's why anyone with half a brain keeps their guns locked up, and any that aren't locked up on them and away from kids at all times, especially if they have kids. The problem is making doing so a requirement by law opens the door to all kinds of anti-gun government fuckery.
>>
File: triggered.gif (3MB, 218x272px) Image search: [Google]
triggered.gif
3MB, 218x272px
>>31434565
>>31434659
>someone says guns should be stored safely to child-proof them
>yankee gets triggered
like fucking clockwork
>>
>>31434674
k
>>
File: hand_truck.gif (200KB, 1150x988px) Image search: [Google]
hand_truck.gif
200KB, 1150x988px
>>31434087
>>
>>31434057

fucking this right here. a cheap safe/cage will stop 99% of break-ins, which are committed by smash-n-grab dindus / dopesick junkies.

trying to protect against LE ELITE HEISTMAN is a whole other ballgame, with hugely larger cost and time involved.

the kind of people with the skills to tunnel into a bank vault aren't coming for your two tacticooled ARs
>>
>>31434155
>>
>>31433913
I wouldn't one for keeping airshit in to make my rec room look neat but all my real stuff I keep in my safe.
>>
>>31434184
Don't poke Mr. asbestos and he won't hurt you.
Unless you're loose fill insulating like a retarded Australian
>>
>>31434057
>Most B&Es are just some dumbass punk looking for a quick smash and grab.
This.

I keep a flea market laptop and old/broken smart phone near the inside of my home entrance for this exact reason. Jamal breaks in, finds something nice looking (but really only costs $5), ,gtfos, and my TV and shit stays.
>>
>>31434538
Hey if you can teach them not to touch the stove I'm sure you can teach them not to touch a gun
>>
>>31434674
thats funny as hell
>>
>>31434118
You don't need to cut those upper, the top is just folded over, not welded. Hit it with a hammer and then pry it open.
>>
>>31433913
I keep my firearms dismantled and my ka-bar next to my bed. If I wake up to someone rustling around, I'll have the advantage in the close confines of my house, and of he surprises me, it doesn't matter what I'm reaching for when I get shot.
>>
File: Retard_0f9d0e_37967.jpg (12KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
Retard_0f9d0e_37967.jpg
12KB, 320x240px
You people put way too much trust in gun "safes". No, that metal box you got from cabelas, bass pro, Sam's club, etc. is not a true safe. Neither are liberties or pretty much anything marketed as a gun safe. Most aren't even classified as RSCs. What you're paying for when you buy a gun safe is gypsum board, felt, a fancy paint job and a false sense of security.
>>
>>31434118
Lock up your tools so at least when they break into it you don't feel like a total retard.
>>
I grew up with a loaded gun ontop the fridge, and another in my parent's bedroom. nothing was locked away or put in safes.

and you know what? my sister an I never shot each other. By the 7 years old I knew all about gun safety and understood why not to fuck with guns if mom or dad wasn't around. dad shot a watermelon and explained that guns will do that to my head and I will die, so don't fuck with them.

all you dumb little cucks talking about how you need "safe storage" because of kids are either A) bad parents B) don't have kids. you don't need locks for kids, you need fucking parenting skills.
>>
>>31437658

> Dad shot a watermelon

Was it a revolver? I remember that video.
>>
>>31433913
PLEASE FFS GET A PROPER LOCKER THAT'S MORE THAN AN 1/8" THICK. Seriously so many fucking guns get stolen and are used by criminals and that's why we have so many laws against firearms. Protect your investment.
>>
>>31433924
That too. Better spend more money on a gun safe than to replace the guns.
>>
>>31434122
>a burglar can carry off my 1500 pound (empty) safe + guns inside
Lmao
Poorfags cant into safe buying.
>>
>>31437658
but you're not smart enough to understand your state's gun laws I guess
>>
>>31437658
good thing no one in your family had little friends that could ever come visit and accidentally find a loaded firearm somewhere.

Nice to have your autism protect you from liability.
>>
>>31434122
I had to take the front door of my apartment off to wheel my safe inside, and then take the door to my bedroom off as well. If none of my neighbors phone the police while some ass hats are trying to force my wide ass safe through the door frames, well, then there goes my faith in humanity
>>
>>31434333

>career burglars

literal unicorns
>>
>>31434697
How are they going to get that up/down the stairs with the locker on it?
>>
Would making a weapons/gear cubby with wood and maybe a 'door' and lock on it work for a cheap diy fix? Thinking I could maybe stain it or something make it look nice. Trying to thwart local din du's or tweakers. pic kinda related
>>
>>31433913
bought one because i have a kid. Works well and considering i am building a home in 5 years, I didn't want a full out safe.
>>
>>31440417
But what if it was never upstairs in the first place?
>>
>>31434155
Hermetically means its completely sealed (no doors), how do you get the guns out?
>>
>>31440507
Moving the goalposts/10
>>
>>31434118
>runbenrun
kek
>>
>want to see my guns
>also want them to be safe
is there hope for me? I just wish I could mount them on the wall above my desk, still removeable, obviously
>>
File: safe.jpg (1MB, 752x1336px) Image search: [Google]
safe.jpg
1MB, 752x1336px
>>31433913
I like mine. I bolted it to the floor as well as the wall studs. A full on safe would fall through the floor of my shitty 1967 trailer trash home. It was free courtesy of the armorer from my old unit. I like the way it looks but wish it were fireproof.
>>
>>31440322
Not as much as you think. Career criminals make up a large portion of the crimes that go unsolved as well as major losses. The dumb ones get caught.
>>
>>31440563
With a spare gun.
>>
>>31440563
>Hermetically means its completely sealed (no doors)
Hermetically sealed means airtight, not no doors.
>>
The money spent investing in a GOOD gun safe could be better spent reinforcing your doors and windows to keep these people out of your home altogether.

I don't see these individuals standing outside trying to break into a home in broad daylight for half an hour or more as they try to grind off window bars or force open a security door.
>>
Watch that tv show it takes a thief. Pretty informative and will give you insight. Try looking up on youtube as well for other informative things.

Also master locks a shit or any simple key lock mechanism. A basic pick set can get it unlocked in under 5mins even at novice levels.

Brotip from aspiring locksmith set and cert fag.
>>
>>31433913
>gun lockers

All of the conspicuousness of a safe with none of the theft/fire protection.
Pass.
Thread posts: 82
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.