[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Aimpoint pro vs EOTech EXPS 3-0

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 14

File: 4chan1.jpg (172KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
4chan1.jpg
172KB, 1920x1080px
I can buy the Aimpoint pro new for $350 and the EOTech EXPS 3-0 new for $340. Which should I buy and why.
>>
>>31428846

Aimpoint. EoKEKs have battery life and "thermal drift" issues.
>>
>>31428846
Whichever one you like the most
>>
>>31428859
I like them both for different reasons. I am torn between the 2.
>>
>>31428883
You can't go wrong with aimpoints
Eotechs are okay in my experience

Flip a coin if you're that torn
>>
>>31428846
bushnell trophy sr25

its the best op
>>
File: 1460709860829.jpg (166KB, 980x603px) Image search: [Google]
1460709860829.jpg
166KB, 980x603px
>brand and its products have a huge controversy with POI shift
>brand and its products can withstand ridiculous levels of abuse and still hold zero

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXdriW3KfwU

hmm...

But I will say EOTechs are the fastest optics. You will most likely never experience any adverse zero shifts but I personally do not have much faith in an optic that has such an issue in the first place. More so when that optic costs more than $300.

Consider the MRO along your choices, OP.
>>
frankly I'm drawn more toward eotechs because the larger reticle is easier to see with my trash eyesight

are there any better brands of sight that have reticles like this?
>>
I'm a forgetful fuck to I would never buy an Eotech, also I looked through an authentic one at a gun show a week ago and honestly I thought the reticle looked like shit. Blurry and grainy and lost crisp, maybe it was just a bad one but I dunno.
>>
Well you could buy an EOtech that shifts all the fucking time. It is kind of funny that it is owned an pushed by kikes all the time.

"Muh Eo let me hit that Paley I'm stealing all this land from U.S. Goy, equip you soldiers with it my cousin Schlomo can get you a discount".

Or you could not be a faggot and make up your own fucking mind.
>>
>>31428846
>Aimpoint
50,000 hour battery life
2 MOA dot
excellent warranty
has never ever had a recall
has never been sued by a government or corporate entity
IPXv7 rated submersible (50m)
works with NV
tons of aftermarket
used by every Tier 1 SOF in the world

>Eotech
600 hour battery life
either 6 MOA center dot or 3x 4 MOA center dots within 65MOA circle
mediocre warranty (that probably won't be honored in the next 4 months)
Currently being recalled for delamination, POI shift, and fraudulent marketing
Has lost 3 lawsuits, will lose an additional 4-8 that are pending from governmental organizations, will probably lose a multibillion dollar class-action
About to go bankrupt, which means no warranty service
Only kinda works with NV
dick-all in the way of aftermarket
IPXv5 rated submersible (10m)
used by podunk police departments and Russian federal police second-stringers

I really don't understand why this is a hard choice.
>>
>>31428934
It's an optical illusion for some reason- blink and it'll pop back to crispness.
>>
>>31428934
That happens when they delaminate.

They delaminate rapidly because they have terrible seals. And by "rapidly" I mean it takes anywhere from 1 to 4 months for the seal to go bad.
>>
>>31428945
Yah the huge discount I can get on the EOTech is a factor in considering it. If I had to pay full price I would probably go with the Aimpoint. But I don't hafta pay full price cause I work at the fun store.
>>
>>31428920

Your a fucking faggot shill. No one who would ever experience this scenario would ever fucking use it again. Why don't you just go out to your backyard and fucking kill yourself, you haven't helped anyone decide. You've just posted a video of your fucking man crush who's lived the dreams you will never attain. Your a fat fucking faggot LARPing as a nobody-know-it-all. Find the nearest river and lay down face first in it. If there are no rivers nearby surely there is a highway that you may practice the same T.T.P's. If for some reason none of these are readily available you seem to have some source of electricity near by go ahead and take a bath with whatever appliance you can plug into the wall that will reach the fucking water.
>>
>>31428846

>aimpoint
>8 year battery life
>eight fucking years

not even a choice IMO
>>
>>31428961
>L3 Insight going bankrupt

Haha oh wow Swedecuck please leave
>>
>>31428976

Then you should buy the fucking aimpoint faggot instead of getting acceptance for your shitty life choices on a fucking image board.

God just fucking kys when you get it pls.

When the fuck does school start again so these stupid faggots leave.
>>
>>31428961

No wonder Kikes were pushing this shit so hard.
>>
>>31429026
I needed the playful banter, thanks brother.
>>
File: 4k lolz.jpg (2MB, 7680x4320px) Image search: [Google]
4k lolz.jpg
2MB, 7680x4320px
>>31429003
(you)
>>
>>31428923
Pretty much any powered red dot with a larger (>4 MOA) dot on its highest brightness setting will be functional if you aren't completely blind. Just avoid "self-powered" i.e. Trijicon because it's pretty easy for them to be underwhelming in brightness and wash out against bright backgrounds.

The point of EOTech's reticle is big circle for fast acquisition point blank and fine dot for distance. As long as the dot is some degree of discernible for you, it will do what EOTech's reticle will do.
>>
File: 1460413718371.jpg (92KB, 619x701px) Image search: [Google]
1460413718371.jpg
92KB, 619x701px
>>31429003
What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.
>>
File: 1458605519348.png (58KB, 500x492px) Image search: [Google]
1458605519348.png
58KB, 500x492px
>>31429003
Typical EOcuck.
>>
File: BlackMesa01.jpg (211KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
BlackMesa01.jpg
211KB, 1920x1080px
>>31428846

Honestly, it boils down to this:

Aimpoint:
Pro - Battery lasts forever; always on is okay
Con - Tubular feel and dot blends away in bright light

EoTech:
Pro - Better eye "feel" and FOV; reticle is better (opinion) and can be used for crude ranging
Con - Battery life sucks as phantom drain issue persists (I leave my batteries out)

Forget the thermal shit. The lawsuit was because they hid/did not disclose the issue to the government.

I own both

I like the EoTech mostly due to reticle.

Holosun has very similar reticle and 50K hour battery life. I want one of these.
>>
>>31429103

What ze fuck did you just fucking say about me, you verdammter Jude? I'll have you know I graduated top of mein class in ze Hitlerjugend, and I've been involved in numerous secret Gestapo raids in Berlin, and I have over 300 confirmed executions. I am trained in gorilla gassing and I am ze top sniper in ze entire Wehrmacht. You are nothing to me but just another race traitor. I will wipe you ze fuck out with precision ze likes of which has never been seen before on this Reich, mark mein fucking words. You think you can get away with saying zat scheiße to me over ze Internet? Think again, arschloch. As vee speak I am contacting mein secret network of spies across Deutschland and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for ze storm, blödel. Ze storm zat wipes out ze pathetic little thing you call your life. You're fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and zat's just with mein machinenpistole. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed kampf, but I have access to ze entire arsenal of ze Wehrmacht forces and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable arsch off ze face of ze Reich, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy blitzkrieg your little "clever" kommentar was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn't, you didn't, and now you're paying ze price, you verdammter dummkopf. I will shit Zyklon B all over you and you will drown in it. You're fucking dead, kiddo.
>>
>>31429019
Its more than that.

We run one on max power and has done so for 11 years now for the sake of it. And its still usable.
>>
File: Mads2.jpg (29KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
Mads2.jpg
29KB, 320x240px
>>31429103
Ok theres so much fucking bullshit in that little post I dont even know where to being, but here goes:

1. top of my class in the navy seals- I dont even think you graduated highschool.
2. Numerous secret raids on al quaeda- So what did bin ladens cock taste like?
3. 300 confirmed kills- Check my previous statement. Thats a lot of cocks.
4. Gorilla warfare? Its guerilla warfare you stupid fucking mouth breather.
5. Secret network of spies- I'll wait on my porch with a shotgun and a baseball bat for you and your boyfriends. Come at me bro.
6. The shit about the storm- yeah thats so fucking scary Im laughing. you should be a poet or something, fag.
7. I can kill you in over 700 ways. I dont care how many sex toys and buttplugs you have, Im not interested.
8. And thats just with my bare hands- If your mind is that set on getting me, you can use your mouth too.
9. Access to the arsenal of the marine corps- I thought you said you were a seal.

All in all, youre a fucking moron. Please dont besmirch the name of the Unites states armed forces by pretending to be one of them. Good day, faggot
>>
File: qdT5rEr.jpg (47KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
qdT5rEr.jpg
47KB, 625x626px
>>
>>31429386
>responds to a paste
>being this autistic
Wew lad.
>>
Aimpoint. Smaller reticle is better
>>
File: hey girl.jpg (144KB, 625x834px) Image search: [Google]
hey girl.jpg
144KB, 625x834px
>>31428846

I've had both. Buy the aimpoint, dude. It's vastly superior
>>
>>31429900

>not realizing his point was counter copy pasta

It's old news, senpai
>>
>>31429386
really? Is that yor first time on the Internet ?
>>
>>31428934
That's how they look to me
>>
>>31430489
>>31429900
Irony.
>>
>>31429386
this so fucking awesome, I've never seen someone reply to this pasta.
>>
>>31429347
11 years straight?

When they say 8 year battery life they mean 8 years of continuously being on.
>>
>>31428846

I'd take the Aimpoint 10 out of 10.
>>
File: image.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
>bought a used aimpoint comp m2 about 9 years ago
>it's always on
>had to change the batteries 3 times
>never lost zero
>has been banged to shit on several ARs over the years
>has never let me down

I've been thinking of getting one of the micro dots simply because they're lighter weight than my comp m2.
>>
Why don't EOtechs have over 9000 battery life
>>
>>31429024
L3 aint going out of business but I could see them just scrapping the whole eotech brand. The damage done is probably irreversible.
>>
>>31430648
>being this new
every post is a repost of a repost of a repost. that copypasta is at least 5 years old.
>>
>>31429097
Trijicon sights work fine, between the tritium and fiber optic it gives you good brightness. They make battery powered LED ones now anyway if you want it.
>>
>>31430764
Same , I have comp4 going on 9 years and through all the drops and hits it's fine. Aimpoint's are tanks.
>>
>>31428945
>shifts all the fucking time

bonus: >kikes

>>31428961
>Has lost 3 lawsuits, will lose an additional 4-8 that are pending from governmental organizations, will probably lose a multibillion dollar class-action

multi billion? O really, tell me more...

>About to go bankrupt, which means no warranty service

lol, eotech is subsidiary of a much larger company called L3. So no.

>Only kinda works with NV

works fine with night vision

>dick-all in the way of aftermarket

other than QD mounts/lens caps, which everyone makes, what aftermarket do you need for a reddot?

>IPXv5 rated submersible (10m)

and?

>used by podunk police departments and Russian federal police second-stringers

why even include this?

>>31428975
>I mean it takes anywhere from 1 to 4 months for the seal to go bad.

blatent shotposting.

>>31429097
>Just avoid "self-powered" i.e. Trijicon because it's pretty easy for them to be underwhelming in brightness and wash out against bright backgrounds

Im guessing you've never used a trijicon.

OP, this thread is filled with bad info from CoD kiddies that dont own and probably havent even used any of these sights.

From experience, I get on target faster with my eotechs than I do with my aimpoint or acog. I havent experienced any thermal drift going from AC to hot truck to AC, or from warm truck to subzero range. Also no delamination issues. I HAVE forgotten to turn the eotech off, but it will shut itself off after a period of time. I actually DONT like that feature, but I dont plan on getting into 8+ hour long gun battles, your needs may differ, but probably not. The only washout Ive ever had with a trijicon is on my reflex, an only after I took the polarization lens off because t would turn while I was ahooting, and it took me looking almost at the sun to get it to wash out. Ive never experienced washout with my Acog (red chevron). My only complaint about aimpoints is that Id like a bigger dot sometimes. I trust my life to any of those 3
>>
I'm kinda in the same boat as OP. I like the eotech reticle better than a 2 moa dot and the field of view is better too imo. It's hard to argue battery life with an aimpoint t2 boasting like 50,000 hours and the lighter weight is an advantage as well. I hear the new eotech aren't as effected by the issues as the older larger ones like the 512/552. I have a 5t2 and haven't had any problems yet but I don't "operate" in extreme climates.
>>
File: he sure took the bait.gif (1MB, 359x202px) Image search: [Google]
he sure took the bait.gif
1MB, 359x202px
>>31429386
How fucking new are you?
>>
>>31428846

Shalom goy, I will teach you a skype trick. Buy Eotech for $340 try and get the receipt if possible. Sell back to Eotech for $600, now you can get any Aimpoint you want, Micro, Compm4, etc.
>>
>>31429386

Holy fucking shit DON'T POST IF YOU ARE FUCKING NEW HERE.

You look like such a huge faggot right now anon, thank you.
>>
>>31428846
I read this story that a cop back east posted and he chose aimpoints for the fact that they could basically stay on all the time. He showed up to a call of domestic violence or some such and as he rounded the corner the guy ambushed him with a nugget, and he wasn't able to aim since he didn't turn the eotech on, just spray through the windshield. This was the first time he had ever been ambushed on the job so he wasn't expecting to need his rifle, but the fact that aimpoints can be left on and remove that aspect almost entirely made him switch the next day. I'll try to find the article, couldn't while typing this, but I'll try.
>>
>>31430764
You leave it on constantly? Does it get duller when it starts to run low or just turn off?

>>31430822
How long does tritium last before it losession its brightness?
>>
>>31428846
I had an eotech 512 and made the switch to an aimpoint pro.

The eotech would need replacement batteries every 2 or 3 months with me turning it on for only a few days. Also one time i was out of town for a few months and it sat in my safe untouched, and it still managed to drain battery.

The aimpoint, i bought in december 2014 and just replaced the battery last month after leaving it on the 2nd from brightest setting for literally a year and a half.

I find the aimpoint reticle to be fine, and the EOtech was always a bit crowded for me.

I also ran into issues with the battery contacts becoming corroded on my eotech. I live in FL so theres a lot of humidity. It wasn't that big of a deal though. I would just have to rub some 800 grit sandpaper over the contacts when they got worn. It was slightly annoying when it would start having issues because it would always want to cut off then turn back on during firing and when they restart they revert to a medium brightness which is basically invisible outside, so mid shooting string, you would have to fuck with your brightness.

Then theres the POI shift issue. I never noticed it, but i guess it was bad enough for a class action lawsuit.
>>
>>31431409
Not him, but my aim point pro got dimmer before dying. It took about a month between when i noticed it until i got around to ordering a replacement.

Still ran bright enough to see outdoors.

This was when it was always on 24/7
>>
File: 1470828475174.png (281KB, 391x946px) Image search: [Google]
1470828475174.png
281KB, 391x946px
Fyi

Anyone that thinks thermal drift only effect EOTechs is underage. Thermal drift effects all scopes.
>>
Aimpoint has been in business 40 years, and the Aimpoint my granddaddy bought in 1982 still works as well today as it did back then.

Can't say that about an EoTech, or even the precursor Bushnell Holosight.
>>
>>31431409
Tritium has a useful life of anywhere between 5-12 years
>>
File: pepebulge.png (28KB, 622x659px) Image search: [Google]
pepebulge.png
28KB, 622x659px
>>31429386
I think this post is on its way to being a copypasta in itself. I never thought anyone would actually reply seriously to the Little Bitch pasta.
>>
Aside from cost and lack of mount options is there any other reason not to get an M4 over the PRO?
>>
>>31431409
trijicon warrantees their tritium for 12 years
>>
>>31428856
Prove that the aimpoints don't have thermal drift.
>>
>>31428975
>That happens when they delaminate.
Confirmed for never owning an EOTech. They merely dim when delaminating. Put a magnifier to a delaminating EOTech and it will still appear quite crisp.

>t guy who got his EOKek repaired for free on RMA before this whole SOCOM suit
>>
>>31432349

There's mounting options for both.

Comp m4 is twice the price new. PRO uses gay ass snowflek battery. M4 has 8 year bat compared to 3 of PRO.

Micro is where it's at mayne.
>>
>>31431216
Not going to lie, I have though about this. kek
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.