[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it true buying ammo from Walmart is just begging for your

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 2

File: WalmartAmmo5-27-09.jpg (625KB, 864x648px) Image search: [Google]
WalmartAmmo5-27-09.jpg
625KB, 864x648px
Is it true buying ammo from Walmart is just begging for your gun to jam? People always tell me to not buy any ammo at Walmart and just pay slightly more at a hunting goods store. Is this a legitimate thing to be worried about?
>>
>>31413659
The same brand ammo is no different at Walmart than any other store.
Whoever you're talking to is legit retarded.
>>
>>31413659
It's the same ammo as any other store.
>>
>>31413659
The ammo sold by Walmart is the same ammo sold anywhere else. The only advantage of buying at a hunting store is... oh wait, there isn't one. Actually, I would say even buying ammo in stores at all is fucking stupid. Buy it online in bulk
>>
>>31413659
As soon as ammo touches the shelf of a Walmart store it instantly loses 10% of its velocity, causes bullet crimps to loosen, and cause the cases to become out of spec.
>>
>>31413659
My Walmart doesn't bother to lock up their shotgun ammo.
>>
>>31413695
Do any of them?
>>
>More retards shop at Walmart than anywhere else.

That might have something to do with it.
>>
>>31413695
I've not stepped foot in a Wally World in over 4 years, but the last time I did during hunting season they had all the hunting ammo out on a display along side the shotgun shells.
>>
>>31413681
> As soon as ammo touches the shelf

No, all that happens while it's being manhandled in the back room by the people who "throw truck."
>>
>>31413659
It is the exact same ammo
>>
I bought a lot of 12 gauge 7 1/2's and 8's for 3 dollars a box.
>>
walmart is actually a great place to pick up ammo, provided you arent buying in bulk.
its a crap shoot at LGS, some will be cheaper than online, most will be higher but walmart ammo is pretty competitively priced.
>>
>>31413659
walmart ammo is fine. I work at one and can say so with confidence.
>>
>>31413695
depends on the area. same with guns, there are only three walmarts in a 50 mile radius from me that sells guns. all the rest sells ammo though
>>
it's fuddlore designed by fudd hunting goods stores to keep your money in the fuddmunity. Sort of like how you're supposed to buy all your /tg/ from the LGS instead of online where you can get it like 30% cheaper.
>>
>>31413659
>People always tell me to not buy any ammo at Walmart and just pay slightly more at a hunting goods store
ultimate fuddlore
>>
>>31413659
I haven't been to Walmart since before Sandy Vagina. But everything prior was like pulling teeth
>no one is around to open cases
>when there is someone is some pizza faced 18 year old
>"can I get the winchester 12 gauge?"
>hands me Remington 9mm luger
>"can I get the Remington 30-06?"
>hands me winchester .410
>got asked once if the 5.56 I bought would be used for assault rifles

Fucking hate going to wally world
>>
>>31413659
Walmart only sells the cheap, shitty brands like powershok and Remington. Don't buy anything from Walmart.
>>
>>31414142

Thing about LGS is that you're usually paying for small business customer oriented service. My LGS doesn't have the best prices on ammo but they do provide an all around good service in the area and they keep firearms prices very reasonable.
>>
>>31414292

I'll just add - I don't mind buying ammo at Wal-Mart but the biggest fucking problem is getting someone to unlock the doors. I've noticed in the past year or so that many Wal-Mart's don't like keeping the sporting goods area staffed during the day, so you have to track someone down. And then they don't always have the key, and at times I've just told them to fuck off because they're telling me 10-15 minutes to buy ammo because the keyholder is at lunch.

So the LGS having the ammo for an extra $2-3 is sometimes worth the payout since you're not having to wait for some minimum wage negro to go fetch a key.
>>
>>31414292
>gun store
>customer service
>>
>>31414292
dont get me wrong, i said nothing about the reason for price difference, just that there is a difference.
its not just gunshops, a lot of local stores are hard pressed to compete with the volume of goods and prices walmart has
>>
>>31414339

My LGS is about four years old and is run by two mid-30's lifelong friends. One is an armorer and the other used to be a pharmacist. Both pretty chill dudes.

I'm not 100% autistic so yes, customer service does mean a little something to me.
>>
>>31414367

Yea, no kidding. Wally World put my great-granduncle's hardware store out of business in the late-90's. Had been in the family since the 1910's. Survived the Great Depression but couldn't survive Wal-Mart and Lowes.
>>
>>31413659
I buy all my ammo from walmart.

It's cheap, like cheaper than online.

Tula 7.62 has never given my AK a problem. However I did buy Tula 54r from Walmart that is a bit hot for my Mosin.

Only thing different about Ammo at a gunshop and ammo at Walmart is the price, which is much, much lower.
>>
>>31414400

Sportsmanguide + free shipping (which they do all the time) is generally cheaper than Wal-Mart, plus you save money (and can build credit) by getting their card.

Plus they have four-pay shit if you want to buy a gun.
>>
>>31414400

tula 7.62xx39 is inarguable the cheapest way to buy AK rounds (9.99 for a box of 40 here) including online.

everything else I shoot can be purchased online for cheaper, though
>>
>>31414400
>However I did buy Tula 54r from Walmart that is a bit hot for my Mosin.
tula, an ammo known to be loaded noticeably light, was too hot for your mosin, a gun known almost exclusively for its ridiculous action strength?
>>
File: 1432277774202.jpg (14KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
1432277774202.jpg
14KB, 300x225px
>>31413659
>tfw walmarts in my state don't sell ammo
>tfw only option for cheap ammo is ordering it online and having a good portion of the deal get fucked up by shipping fees
>>
>>31414396
well maybe they should have jumped on the South East Asia Slave Labor bandwagon.
>>
>>31413659
They sell Privi Partisan Ammo, totally worth buying from them.
>>
>>31414260
Nice try lgs shill
>>
Walmart ammo is good. I'd buy there if they carried my preferred ammo. Since they don't, sportsman's guide gets my money.
>>
>>31414318
Talk to the store manager about that because there are supposed to be at least 1 person in sporting goods at all times during the day and if they don't have an extra associate, the key is supposed to be given to the electronics desk
>>
>>31413659
its the brand of ammo, not the store you buy it from, that determines the quality. and the internet is the cheapest place to buy ammo 99% of the time, regardless of brand
>>
>>31414694
I've never been in a Walmart, any time of day, when there was someone in Sporting Goods unless they were already helping a customer.
>>
>>31414318
>getting someone to unlock the doors

And just let me go behind the counter so I can actually see what ammo you have instead of asking if you have this and that.
>>
>>31414694
Different guy, but the walmarts around here will have 3 cashiers, 7 LP guys watching the 3 cashiers, and that's FUCKING IT at any time of the day or night any day of the week including payday weekends and high retail holidays.

Fuck you walmart, I will never understand
>32 fucking checkout lanes
>only ones manned are the cigarette aisle and the 2 20-items-or-less lanes
>still enforce the 20-items-or-less rule
>self-checkout either broken or roped off (roped off all day Fri and Sat and after 9pm rest of the week)
>>
>>31414018
>implying ammo is shipped by special couriers, not the USPS/FedEx/ups retards that throw boxes too.
>>
>>31413669
this desu
>>
>>31413659
>Is it true buying ammo from Walmart is just begging for your gun to jam?

You're one of those people who think a gun sold at Walmart will be inferior to the exact model sold at a gun store, aren't you?
>>
>>31413659
I buy almost all my ammo from wal-mart, it's cheap and works just fine. I always buy my 9mm there. Their perfecta brass case costs less than aluminum case at most LGSs around here.
>>
>>31414253
You're telling me. I once waited 40 minutes for someone to get the key for a measly 100 rounds of .22 (their last box). Fuck Walmart.
>>
>>31414599
Do you live in alaska? If you buy bulk online you'll still get a better deal than stores. Shipping generally adds between 1-4 cpo when I shop
>>
>>31415041
Well yeah. Everyone knows everything in walmart from American flags to sliced cheese is made from Chink slave labor with shoddy materials.

Guns sold in gun stores are crafted from fine artisans who were raised by bald eagles and baptized in hoppes 9
>>
>>31414253
Even worse than that is now they ask to check your fucking receipt as you leave, even if there's nothing in the bottom of your cart you could have sneaked by the cashier. They obviously don't have the time to compare it to what's in your cart and even if they did, what are they gonna do if there's a mismatch? They won't chase you through the parking lot or something.

The whole thing is just insulting and annoying enough I never go to Walmart despite living within 15 mins of 3 of them, with one of them being literally 5 mins away, unless I absolutely have to. I'd rather buy food from the Hy-Vee one road over from my route home that has a bunch of qt grills as cashiers anyway. It's hard to avoid Walmart when you need some weird combo of items like cereal and socks though...
>>
>>31413659
the problem is that walmart is a shitty fucking store that employs the dregs of society, so GG getting ammo in a timely manner even if they have it in stock. if they don't have a retiree at the counter it'll take 20 minutes to get some nigger to find the guy who actually has the key to the ammo case.

If anything the ammo section of a walmart is a loss leader to get hunter fudds in the place. ammo has a "high" margin of profit but a long shelf time compared to most items. everything that isn't 5.56, 9mm, 40s&w, 45acp, or .308 is going to be bought one box at a time by a fudd only during the month before a hunting season. product turnover is nonexistant for the true fudd calibers and most shotgun shells.

You can buy ammo at a hunting big box for within spitting distance of walmart prices and actually have a non retard get it for you and be back in your car within 5 minutes.
>>
>>31413659
Walmart ammo counter worker here.

Same ammo you'd get anywhere else, the only thing you should stay away from is the ZQI .308 NATO. I haven't used any myself but I've gotten. A fee complaints that it's shit.
>>
>>31414976
>>31414863
Then go above store manager and complain to corporate. There are set standards in place from the corporate office that have to he met by each store. If you bring them up on these issues they'll usually send a person to force the store to comply
>>
>>31416101
Can confirm am dreg named greg
>>
>>31416093
The weird combo thing is true. For me it's usually insoles, condoms, and a case of Big Red. Normally I'd go to HEB for grocery runs but for the weird stuff I go to Wally World. Everything I give them the benefit of the doubt with ammo or gun stuff they seem to disappoint me even more
>get insoles and condoms cause waifu and I had a pregnancy scare
>forgot that I need Hoppes before hunting trup
>go to counter and see same pizza faced shit
>don't see it on the shelf
>ask little shit to see if there is any in the back
>"Hoppes, it's called Hoppes. It's gun oil. Please."
>25 min later
>"I don't think we have it but we do have this"
>Castrol Fucking GTX
>>
>>31417450
I just normally hand people the wrong shit on purpose
>>
>>31416093

You ain't required to show them shit. I never do. If they ask for my receipt, I tell them no thank you and have a nice day.

They ain't getting paid enough to give a shit, and loss prevention isn't going to risk a lawsuit tackling you down over it.
>>
>>31419217
I once spit my gum in their hand
>>
>>31413669
oh look, another useless newtrip
>>
>>31419239
You're a faggot
>>
I buy my ammo quite often at walmart. Especially here in PA, the prices are really good, had they had 1k of 9mm i'd buy it there but they rarely have that much. I am talking $0.19 - $0.23 per round. I'm not sure if online will be much cheaper.
>>
>>31413675
>This

Also FPBP
>>
>>31413659
No, but buying ammo in any store is begging to pay way too much for ammo.
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.